Jump to content
Forums

Classic coming and no announcment ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if this is not a confirmation , idk what is  

Classic is great and all but I hate to say people will get bored after 6 months. The first classic patch doesn't include Tahabata weapons and such. Korea barely got those like 1 or 2 months ago. It wi

Amen.  Let people enjoy the "announcement" of classic and the upcoming release , many people are happy that they will be able to relive old memories. If you dont like the idea that's also fine but not

Well they sent surveys to many people both current and old via email.  Just because you didn't get one doesn't mean they never asked others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The video was only a teaser. Some people may not even know that video was for aion classic. But They haven’t “officially” announced anything yet. It’s not like we’re getting it tomorrow. We may not even get it for another month or two.
But it was a no-brainer we would get it eventually. It was just whether we got it soon after KR or a few years down the road.

Also there was a whole forum post about Aion Classic and if people wanted it, so that sort of displayed a lot of information. 

Edited by Vasilios-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you don't want it, don't play it, you can enjoy your 200 man live server to play roulette on.

 

I for one, am super excited!!! Finally get to play the real aion again.

 

Also, they sent out surveys to players, so they did in fact ask.

Edited by Vinley-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

If you don't want it, don't play it, you can enjoy your 200 man live server to play roulette on.

 

I for one, am super excited!!! Finally get to play the real aion again.

 

Also, they sent out surveys to players, so they did in fact ask.

Heck yea brother , cant wait to jump in old aion once again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Classic isn't coming. It will just destroy Aion further if it did. What is really dumb is that people think it will be a cure all for all the problems, many of the same problems will exist and many more of the new problems will still exist.

Everything that made a mass amount of players quit during 5.0 would be brought back:

  • Level Grinding
  • Pay-to-Win
  • One Shotting

Everything everyone hated in the past would be brought back:

  • Huge Class/Race Imbalances
  • Limited PvP Opportunities
  • PvP Curse Debuffs
  • Manastone Socketing Failure Rates
  • Enchanting Failure Rates
  • Godstones
  • Gear Drop Rates
  • Mounts Widely Unavailable
  • AP Hoarding Based Ranking
  • Super Easy PvE Instances

Everything outdated would replace the new:

  • No Server Updates
  • Gear Switch Buttons
  • Custom Chain Skills
  • Smaller Text Limit Macros
  • Old UI
  • Old Character Creation
  • Old Graphics

Everything else:

  • Population Split
  • Starting Over
  • Botting

Just focus on fixing the current verison.

Edited by Motgar-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Motgar-KT said:

Classic isn't coming. It will just destroy Aion further if it did. What is really dumb is that people think it will be a cure all for all the problems, many of the same problems will exist and many more of the new problems will still exist.

Everything that made a mass amount of players quit during 5.0 would be brought back:

  • Level Grinding
  • Pay-to-Win
  • One Shotting

Everything everyone hated in the past would be brought back:

  • Huge Class/Race Imbalances
  • Limited PvP Opportunities
  • PvP Curse Debuffs
  • Manastone Socketing Failure Rates
  • Enchanting Failure Rates
  • Godstones
  • Gear Drop Rates
  • Mounts Widely Unavailable
  • AP Hoarding Based Ranking
  • Super Easy PvE Instances

Everything outdated would replace the new:

  • No Server Updates
  • Gear Switch Buttons
  • Custom Chain Skills
  • Smaller Text Limit Macros
  • Old UI
  • Old Character Creation
  • Old Graphics

Everything else:

  • Population Split
  • Starting Over
  • Botting

Just focus on fixing the current verison.

Classic is coming, it's already confirmed for NA.

 

It won't split the playerbase because the playerbase split long ago, leaving this game to the sad state it is now.

Live can't be fixed, even in 8.0 they closed an additional server in Korea and there is now only 2 left. Classic had to open 7 servers and some still have a player que after 6 months. There's no p2w on the cash shop, only a monthly battle pass that requires doing quests to achieve rewards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

I would like to point out Classic was never confirmed, they haven't even said anything about it.

if this is not a confirmation , idk what is :D

 

Edited by DMob-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

That is simply a clock rewinding backwards with no context.

Delusional lmao

This is the same video Korea used to announce Classic on their live stream. Its literally the exact video for classic's anniversary announcement.

Edited by Vinley-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

is not p2w classic ? are u sure 

what abt ap crown they will sell lol 

gl spend 1-3 k $ be high rank get ap to get gear and than 2shot someone playing free

also the botting lol

that game is in past , let it be there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Delusional lmao

Sorry, I meant it is winding backwards with previous patches shown with the year with no other context.

Edited by Motgar-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HueHueranger said:

is not p2w classic ? are u sure 

what abt ap crown they will sell lol 

gl spend 1-3 k $ be high rank get ap to get gear and than 2shot someone playing free

also the botting lol

that game is in past , let it be there 

you get like 3 crowns total from battlepass and its expensive, its not the same as Live, because ap matters very little in 1.5 because the real gate is medals...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Classic is great and all but I hate to say people will get bored after 6 months. The first classic patch doesn't include Tahabata weapons and such. Korea barely got those like 1 or 2 months ago. It will be fun for a while reliving the old days but ultimately it will just take away population from live so that people can eventually get bored on another server lol

Honestly, they should've just focused on rolling out 7.9 part 2 and 8.0. But it'll be cool I guess grinding fenris again.

 

Also classic is ripe for the cheater alliance to abuse, so not excited for that...

Edited by Pharoahra-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

3 minutes ago, HueHueranger said:

they said same in korea but people spend hardcore and bought ap . or are ugonna ignore  that didnt happened there vinley 

There were a few people that abused support staff to reset and repurchase the battle pass but they eventually stopped allowing that. At the end of the day ap means very little because medals are the real gate, and it cost $30 x 56 months to get 500K ap? I forget but I did the math and it was a lot of money... and again, they stopped allowing that.

 

Idk why you're so mad you will still be able to play your dead game with 200 delusional ppl, nobody cares if you dont want to play classic, and classic players wont ever come to live so wtf is your problem?

Edited by Vinley-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Idk why you're so mad you will still be able to play your dead game with 200 delusional ppl, nobody cares if you dont want to play classic, and classic players wont ever come to live so wtf is your problem?

Amen.  Let people enjoy the "announcement" of classic and the upcoming release , many people are happy that they will be able to relive old memories. If you dont like the idea that's also fine but nothing force you to play it.

Personally i think Aion was wayyy better in that era , lots of people might come back to play it again. The state of live servers is kind of sad  at the moment and i really doubt anything will fix it unless NC korea really put work in it , wich prob wont happen.

Can't wait for the official announcement and the release date  tho  @Kibbelz  @Hime Wink Wink 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

Classic is coming, it's already confirmed for NA.

 

It won't split the playerbase because the playerbase split long ago, leaving this game to the sad state it is now.

Live can't be fixed, even in 8.0 they closed an additional server in Korea and there is now only 2 left. Classic had to open 7 servers and some still have a player que after 6 months. There's no p2w on the cash shop, only a monthly battle pass that requires doing quests to achieve rewards.

players are already outraging and leaving the classic game because they figured that old aion was as bad as it is today, if you check korean aion website, they are constantly releasing developer notes/QA related to classic servers to calm down players and hold them in this pay to win fiesta. The grind sucks, PVE sucks, PVP is toxic, PW2 will reign. It did well just like master servers (they're almost the same thing tbh but master servers added a lot of QoL changes from modern aion)

 

Korean Classic servers success is just a glimpse of nostalgia, good luck figuring it by yourself in the next months.

Edited by Arkanus-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

 

There were a few people that abused support staff to reset and repurchase the battle pass but they eventually stopped allowing that. At the end of the day ap means very little because medals are the real gate, and it cost $30 x 56 months to get 500K ap? I forget but I did the math and it was a lot of money... and again, they stopped allowing that.

 

Idk why you're so mad you will still be able to play your dead game with 200 delusional ppl, nobody cares if you dont want to play classic, and classic players wont ever come to live so wtf is your problem?

you're completely wrong, I know a lot of koreans who said people were buying years worth of battle pass to faster their AP gain. It is a big gap of advantage over players who dont, also they added chambers that can make medals easy to farm while AP is sill a slow passed farm because you have to split relics with a party of 4-6 players

Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as l do enjoy the casualness of the 7.9 patches and more. I feel that old aion really keeps you running everything daily since they were not weekly entries. It would be tough to have a life and keep up with this outdated game. I know some will enjoy it but I do wonder what model they are going to run. I feel that it could be f2p no restrictions and just p2p battle pass with skins and ap as rewards so both parties can play.

All l gotta say is grats to NC for selling the same product twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...