Forums

Is it worth returning to the game to play 7.9, when aion classic is coming out?

2 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I appreciate your measured response but it's just more of the same "in my opinion this is too much". I'm not debating what is and isn't too much, I'm just pointing out the cyclical nature of this faux debate. You make fine points here and there and somestimes you're a bit off base or inaccurate with how long some things might take but literally NONE of that matters because you cannot prove to someone that their subjective grind tolerance is unreasonable. There's a reason this debate has been going on 11 years and never reached a definitive conclusion :P

Everything is subjective. It's not my intent to change his opinion, my intent is clarifying his presentation of what a grind or "trying" is towards a new player. While everything is subjective, the state of the game determines what is reasonable. The only people that view the current requirements as reasonable also ironically like to misrepresent those same requirements to returning and new players; that was my point. Which is why he, the entire time, refrained from giving any specifics, only to find out after a year he still didn't have a transform that P2W players have had since 6.0, which was years ago. Because if what he was saying was true, then I would have liked to play the game myself, "1-2 weeks" to get to PVP relevancy is quite the statement, after all.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody farmed paragons +8 from just omega and ragnarok, everyone got their paragons from the event and p2w also means buying kinah so those extra paragons on broker were there for whoever needed them

I am just pointing out how you are sugar coating it.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 6:44 AM, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Vinley-KT I'm not defending the game or NCW's bonkers monetization attempts, I'm just correcting blatant falsehoods because too often I find people who've been playing the game for a year+ and don't know that something important they were told was impossible has literally been doable the whole time (e.g I still find people I see logged in every day for years now who hadn't realised that PFHM accessories could be bought from a vendor because they wrote off the set entirely based on misinformation ._.)

So first of all that's a bold claim, but unfortunately I do have screenshots of both DNA and DNE's linking their paragons months before the first paragon event. "I don't know of anyone" =/= "no one has"; I also remember specifically seeing a screenshot of +8 cloth pauldrons being shared around discords back in the pre-event days. I know it's an anecdote to counter an anecdote but it shows the fallacy of anecdotal evidence. If need be I can find the screenshots with timestamps but that'll take a while.

This opening statement establishes your theme of "just playing the game"; is a term which is loosely defined. All of your points then on are pretty sound as long as you define "just playing the game" as a sort of very casual light pick-up-and-put-down experience where you have no alts and only play like 30min every couple of days. Yes, you will struggle if you do not grind. This is true for retail and classic, the comparison of which Aelar was making. A player's classic progression will live and die by how much time and how many toons they invest in.

The second thing you're doing is adding conditionals where there were none. All Aelar said is "it can be done with effort" and all I said is "here are some ways it can be done." You add conditionals like "how is a returning user supposed to afford a dazzling?" despite neither of us implying you can just pick up the game day 1 and get these things for free, in fact I would say that's pretty antithetical to what we both were saying. It takes time and hard work to play without p2w. "Most of the people I know got their dazzlings now" is just more anecdotal evidence. Most people I know had at least 2/3 dazzlings before this event from farming so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
That being said, I did specifically mention earning free dazzlings and then selling them or trading them for what you need. If a dazzling costs between 2-5 billion on your server and you can make them for free, then after time and effort you will be making 2-5 billion kinah from the dazzlings you're selling.

Regarding the weapons, "well people bought them with multiple accounts I guess" is a step down from an anecdote, that's just an assumption. This argument mostly falls into the loosely defined "just playing the game" crux. If you believe that having bare-minimum starter gear alts and a couple more hours to play breaks what you consider the definition of "just playing" then yes, I did not get my weapons by just playing; I earned them by grinding on the handful of F-Tier alts on my account.

You're sugar coating this patch because you actually played this patch and have fond memories.

1. During 6.X you had to wait 3 and a half months for NC West to implement a custom enchantment patch to make the game even playable in terms of gear progression (who remembers failing 250 legendary enchantment stones on your +10 ancient piece?). There litereally was no possible way to obtain Ultimate PVP Enchantment stones unless you were the #1 team of Arena of Harmony. We also were not compensated for enchantment stones spent during that 3 month period of a progression wall.

2. You needed alts to get your stat cubics from the cubic lab, which I think as above constitutes a breakage of your definition of "just playing".

3. "The only struggle was transforms and really fast most people got legendaries" is hands down the #1 most innaccurate thing I've ever seen you post on these forums. Ancient transformations were available at the launch of the patch due to the halloween event and again one year later, so you can count that if you consider the combination of ancients but unfortunately as they were limited to 1 per character you would need to grind on alts which constitutes a breakage of your definition of "just playing".
The ONLY other transformation events we EVER received in the 6.X period were the Springblossom event in 6.7, which offered 1 ancient per toon you had, and the End of the World ice gem event in THE LAST WEEKS of 6.X which similarly only offered 1 ancient per toon AND your toons had to be geared enough to PVE properly for that -- NEITHER of these events fit within the constraints of how YOU defined "just playing". Transformations were a DISASTER in 6.X. We had ONE (1) event in ALL of 6.X which offered a legendary transformation and it was only grindable through hours of work AND you could only reach the goal if you used BCM Reset scrolls.
The first free legendary transformation event happend in mid 7.0, about 1 and a half years after 6.0's transformation system. It gave 1 random. The second ever was Stormwing in early 2020- 2 years after the transformation system came out.

4. The Producer of Aion literally said of 6.0 that the plan was to reduce the game's events and to say we had a myriad of events, let alone ones which would fix the transform deficit, is hard nostalgia vision or dishonest reporting. You can check the event page history, 6.X was barren.

@yess-DN Aion retail and Aion classic are both Aion in so much as they will require a lot of your time and dedication if you're coming here to be the best of the best. Aion retail currently has a lot of payment options and frequents events favourable to paying players to eliminate that grind and effort all together. Korea's version of Classic Aion also has similar pay to win on top of their pay to play subscription. Whether NA gets this too we just have to wait and see but for now all I can say is don't be afraid to give both a try.

PS: Obviously botters and people who buy currency and other such cheating is total rubbish, it goes without saying that nothing I've said suggests the use of illegal services to progress.
PPS: The free Paragon stone vendor is 5 per week in CKT, not 1. Also Paragon stones are brokerable and, until the Tia event, were the cheapest enchantment stones on the broker.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

There are those that played with a head start of the whole 5.8 exchange, the full farming of 6.x and got to 7.x all the way to 7.9 and still couldn't get the vast majority of the RNG diarrhea we had to swim into the 7.x patch, but AriatheMelodious' friends...  they got them.

So to recap I have 2 suggestions to this new player. 

• Get to know AriaTheMelodius, somehow the people she knows had paragons and dazzlings and high runestones and all that is needed before 99% of the player could get them. Don't know how she does it, but get to know her, this is your ticket to success.
  • Get an army of alts since this is a universal truth of how this game works.

Also the paragon enchants you morph with the renown material are not brokerable.

I farmed paragon in Tia with my main and some alts, I got 2 sets of armor and 4 weapons since I played it religiously (including alts to avoid the weekly limits) and I still can't enchant the weapon past +5. And all that WITH the event that pretty much handed us paragons and enchants.

Now tell it to that guy that wants to start now that he has to be the one that loots one paragon for his class in a world boss massive event and this is his key to success.

Also your screenshots don't mean anything, nor that the people had the items before the events. This is such a cotton candy pillow case you created there. I have never seen anyone do that and I know a lot of people who spend thousands in the game and they all eventually got what they wanted when a said event came.

I had a friend who got ONE Dazzling and that was from purchasing it from someone that got it, and now with the event she got full Dazzling sets for 3 chars of her self that she mains.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So to recap I have 2 suggestions to this new player. 

• Get to know AriaTheMelodius, somehow the people she knows had paragons and dazzlings and high runestones and all that is needed before 99% of the player could get them. Don't know how she does it, but get to know her, this is your ticket to success.
  • Get an army of alts since this is a universal truth of how this game works.

This is unironically close to being good advice with a few amendments.

• It's not about "get to know this player who somehow has things" it's about "ask the players who have the things how they got them, ask them if there are tips or extra things which can be done to expedite the process."
    Doing so will help you learn that you could have earned Prime Runestones for free every week for 5-10min of your time (and no use of alts) since the 27th of May 2020, for example.
  • As is typical with every Aion patch, having alt characters on your account will typically bear fruit in a variety of ways. If you're a free user, fill your 8 character slots. If you're a Prestige user, fill your 12 character slots.
Edited by AriaTheMelodious-DN

There are those that played with a head start of the whole 5.8 exchange, the full farming of 6.x and got to 7.x all the way to 7.9 and still couldn't get the vast majority of the RNG diarrhea we had to swim into the 7.x patch, but AriatheMelodious' friends...  they got them.

I was a total noob and I had +5 Ancient Winged Champion exchange garbage tier gear and all my enchantment stones barely got 2 pieces to +15 and werent compensated after NCW implented the custom enchantment patch. I started with nothing.

Also your screenshots don't mean anything, nor that the people had the items before the events. [...] I have never seen anyone do that and I know a lot of people who spend thousands in the game.

More anecdotes, see previous response.

Now tell it to that guy that wants to start now that he has to be the one that loots one paragon for his class in a world boss massive event and this is his key to success.

This sort of implies the game is unplayable without maxed out Paragon gear, but that aside I'd tell the new guy to work smarter not harder; focus making a profit and then spam WTB in LFG to acquire the materials you need while also grinding CKT renown to craft some yourself.

I had a friend who got ONE Dazzling and that was from purchasing it from someone that got it, and now with the event she got full Dazzling sets for 3 chars of her self that she mains.

Sounds like she could have used some Red Cellar, Altar Siege, and Crystal farming along with Prime Rune farming for profit to buy more dazzlings with.

I was gonna read this but you guys write essays.

Find another game unless you really like Aion. There are f2p ways to do pretty much everything.

Aion Classic is like playing donkey kong on gameboy 1. You are all extremely naive if you believe that NC will not monetize classic to make it p2w.