Forums

How to make Aion Classic successful (@NCW)

You guys have to stop comparing live to classic. You are comparing shit to shit just polishing it differently. At the end of the day, it's still going to be shit. NC has burned it's players so many times and even blamed players instead of fixing problems. It's not about supporting any version of the game but trusting that NC will do your game model right. Will live servers be shut down? Probably not. They would keep both going to soak up maximum profit, why would they give that up?

You can't even mention a NCsoft game title without it being met with disappointment

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i come from the future save this post for your own safety! * Ncsoft will release Classic server just after elyon release, to counter some players and money * the hype for classic its going t

There's only two possible things that can go into a battle pass anyway, cosmetics or resources, and there's only so many cosmetics that existed around that time anyway so the obvious fillers would be

In order to make the Classic Server a success, this is what they would have to do: They would have to close the Aion-Current servers and send rewards based on the tier of progress of your charac

11 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Looks like the subscription model will replicate Korea. Japan just published their Classic site.

unknown.png

That makes me happy i rather like that because once you are at a point where your progression has hit its peak you can just unsub till 2.0 comes out.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

You guys have to stop comparing live to classic. You are comparing shit to shit just polishing it differently. At the end of the day, it's still going to be shit. NC has burned it's players so many times and even blamed players instead of fixing problems. It's not about supporting any version of the game but trusting that NC will do your game model right. Will live servers be shut down? Probably not. They would keep both going to soak up maximum profit, why would they give that up?

You can't even mention a NCsoft game title without it being met with disappointment

Classic and Current are two different models in KR. They may make changes for NA. So none of us know what it really will be until they tell us.

The state of the game can be blamed on players as well. Back in 4.5 people were enabling and glorifying the P2W players and it continued for quite a while, but at the same time were complaining about them. No one was caring about not buying things that came from the BCM through the broker, no one cared to ban them from groups, and no one cared to force them to get bored by not showing up when they did. People were posting things to discourage changes, like you are now, so naturally NCsoft didn't do anything. Simply, one can also say since players carry out P2W and that P2W is a problem that the players are also the problem, but perhaps not all of them.

10 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

That makes me happy i rather like that because once you are at a point where your progression has hit its peak you can just unsub till 2.0 comes out.

Which means they will have problems making money unless there is P2W or it's a short term thing. Either way the players will get screwed if there isn't any means for shutting down the Current servers.

Edited by Motgar-KT
34 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Looks like the subscription model will replicate Korea. Japan just published their Classic site.

unknown.png

Another thing to consider is if you have to buy this pass to make enough money to have scrolls, potions, and food, the basics. You could stock up and buy the pass when you need to get those things...but it would still be reoccuring.

47 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

Classic and Current are two different models in KR. They may make changes for NA. So none of us know what it really will be until they tell us.

The state of the game can be blamed on players as well. Back in 4.5 people were enabling and glorifying the P2W players and it continued for quite a while, but at the same time were complaining about them. No one was caring about not buying things that came from the BCM through the broker, no one cared to ban them from groups, and no one cared to force them to get bored by not showing up when they did. People were posting things to discourage changes, like you are now, so naturally NCsoft didn't do anything. Simply, one can also say since players carry out P2W and that P2W is a problem that the players are also the problem, but perhaps not all of them.

Which means they will have problems making money unless there is P2W or it's a short term thing. Either way the players will get screwed if there isn't any means for shutting down the Current servers.

I simply don't care what happens about the game in the long run. I play it casual and there are many games coming up to get ready to enjoy.  When did l say l didn't want the server? I simply said the company is what the issue is. Any respectable company would acknowledge bugs or glitches and fix them straight away. I quit in 4.5 so l have no idea what you are on about.

Players can't carry out p2w if NCsoft doesn't provide them the resource. Stop blaming the players and blame the company that can control what is listed on the bcm. A simple restriction would go a long way.

1 minute ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

Stop blaming the players and blame the company that can control what is listed on the bcm. A simple restriction would go a long way.

Don't pass the blame.

1 minute ago, Motgar-KT said:

Don't pass the blame.

If you want to white knight NC, go ahead buddy. At the end of the day, NC provides the items for sale and the infinite amount that can be purchased unless limit is specified. They control how much set player can purchase and how much that can affect the speed of p2w in their game. If you cannot comprehend that then maybe nothing can help you.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

If you want to white knight NC, go ahead buddy. At the end of the day, NC provides the items for sale and the infinite amount that can be purchased unless limit is specified. They control how much set player can purchase and how much that can affect the speed of p2w in their game. If you cannot comprehend that then maybe nothing can help you.

NC is to blame as well. Don't be one dimensional about it.

Getting back on track, I'm leaning heavily towards trying Classic, but I'm actually neutral about this sort of thing atm.

Edited by Motgar-KT
1 hour ago, Motgar-KT said:

Not entirely true, Anyone who wants to continue to earn kinah will need the pack of they will be leaving 60% of the items on the ground including godstones/rare designs and so on.

There is many reasons to stay subbed if you want to keep progressing especially if you plan to stay around for future patches. Also for some reason people think some players are going to have BiS gear in like a month. Over 80% will still using 1-2 pieces PvP gear and mostly PvE gear after 5-6 months if not longer.

However this timeline can drastically change if we get 1.5 from the get go and not 1.2 since we have no announcement yet we are just going to have to wait and see.

I don't believed JP model will work on NA. My reason simply is it's like soft re-system of 6.0 to classic.

You can play but without pay you will be victimized by those who paid. I understand this completely NC needs to make money but what wrong with it is you forcing people paying for you not because they willingly to do so. It would be better moralize if you make it completely 100% sub or even limited max level for f2p. But allow people playing for free and let those who sub exploiting them just the worst action. I questioning about your moral NCwest CEO.

Forcing anyone to do anything just because you wanted money doesn't make the different than your action selling transparent scrolls to people in 6.0 just to see their skins. It's too greedy you should give a reason to people want to spend on your game willingly more than a deception strategy that forced them to pay if they want to survive.

10 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I don't believed JP model will work on NA. My reason simply is it's like soft re-system of 6.0 to classic.

You can play but without pay you will be victimized by those who paid. I understand this completely NC needs to make money but what wrong with it is you forcing people paying for you not because they willingly to do so. It would be better moralize if you make it completely 100% sub or even limited max level for f2p. But allow people playing for free and let those who sub exploiting them just the worst action. I questioning about your moral NCwest CEO.

Forcing anyone to do anything just because you wanted money doesn't make the different than your action selling transparent scrolls to people in 6.0 just to see their skins. It's too greedy you should give a reason to people want to spend on your game willingly more than a deception strategy that forced them to pay if they want to survive.

To me that makes no sense, How is forcing everyone to sub permanently better than making a system where people can unsub when ever they want if they feel they will not need to spend on subscription every month?

Like i get it if you were trying to be total f2p but lets be very clear for everyone. Aion classic will require you to have the subscription at some point. This is not an upfront f2p model it is actually the opposite it is a f2p when you feel like you accomplished enough model.

Posted (edited)

I'm not against any models I just disliked JP one during the fact it try to give subscribers advantage over f2p greatly(You don't have money you can't buy pots or even running scrolls how you can be anything but only victims in Aion where pvp starts as soon as you're entered Elten?)

Are we going to have fun or only some people will enjoying bully free players ? How this model different from 6.0 we so disliked ? 
There're so many things that can limited free players without ruining them so bad like can't use AP to buy pvp gears ,or at least can only buy up to blue grade version.

Edited by Nalariel-KT
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I'm not against any models I just disliked JP one during the fact it try to give subscribers advantage over f2p greatly(You don't have money you can't buy pots or even running scrolls how you can be anything but only victims in Aion where pvp starts as soon as you're entered Elten?)

Are we going to have fun or only some people will enjoying bully free players ? How this model different from 6.0 we so disliked ? 

If you aren't going to be subbed, you shouldn't play in the first place. It just a subscription model with free unlimited trial built into it basically. Paying $13 per month to play isn't paying to win.

Edited by Motgar-KT

Well you know right elite attitudes exploiting newbies not caring anyone are primary reasons that Aion died in the first place.

If it has to be that way then let bury it down. I'm not trying to justified anything I said neither I have to prove it. Time itself will tell if it's working or not.

34 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Well you know right elite attitudes exploiting newbies not caring anyone are primary reasons that Aion died in the first place.

If it has to be that way then let bury it down. I'm not trying to justified anything I said neither I have to prove it. Time itself will tell if it's working or not.

That is not the primary reason, People left because they came for the WoW killer and got no PvE servers. When over 50% of initial player base does not want PvP people will leave. This is, in turn a marketing issue. This is why Aion classic will be known as a PvPvE game this time around players that can not stomach vsing elites will not play Aion classic.

Personally i expect a maximum of 2 possibly 3 servers for Aion classic in the NA region due to exactly what you said and the fact people will not play. We just have to wait and see.

Anyway let's wait and see what's official stance on how NA will monetized I believed I made my point from my perspective to them already.

Anymore discussion will not change their minds so yep thank you for reading everyone.

It's a subscription game essentially. The fact you can play for free is more like a trial; think of it like XIVs trial only even more lenient. I actually think the model is extremely unique and I commend them for making a system that allows anyone to jump in.

It also means that if you're casual and can only play an hour or two a day, that's awesome and the game is basically entirely free for you.

If you're casual you're never going to be as fast as others in any game, so it's a mute point. If you're spending more than an hour a day you should be subscribing. No game is truly free, it's either you play and are behind, or you pay and enjoy the full game. F2P ruined MMOs.

Hi @Vinley-KT I'm quite glad you replied on this so I'll reply back :P

Well I don't agree with casual can do anything within a hour ,if they learning it will take time I'm not even sure if casual can finishing soloing NTC within a hour to be honest. Imagine time limited instance there's a lot of pressure you need to rush rush and you will make a lot of mistakes only finish instance much slower and getting only stress from the game. That's far from fun I don't think I wanna play in a server where common people can hardly make daily stuff. Broker will be very expensive no matter manastones, pots or scrolls because not enough crafters.

Those F2P players will not contribute anything to the game but only being victims to PvPers. I would rather full subscription model or limited f2p max level to 45 or you can't use any PvP gears if you don't sub something like that rather limited basic function that needs to survive.

But you know I believed original problem of Aion isn't about being subscription but rather be people constantly repeating getting gank by twinks to the point normal gameplay can't proceed. And if we following JP model wouldn't it same recreation of ganking heaven ? I don't like predatory business method like this where they luring everyone with free stuff and let them suffering from ganking. And surely I don't want to be a part of that community.

Twinking is a problem I wish they'd just limit all pvp gear to 40+. Lv30s in pvp gear is just toxic. I'm not against rifting and low level pvp, but twinking just to grief people leveling... You'd have to have some kind of mental disorder to enjoy doing that to people, it's not competitive even remotely.

NC went too far nerfing it and the entirely wrong direction. I like the marking curse idea but not the debuff. I think they could have just done that and limited 30s from wearing even 30 pvp gear. Perhaps maybe make it so 30 pvp gear can't be worn in enemy territory. So then you only can use that gear to defend your own territory which will actually encourage twinks to hunt people ganking instead of people leveling, or they have to stick to the abyss and fight other twinks.

Also Japan is doing some cool marketing stuff for their region. They're having people share old videos, screenshots and creator content related to classic, and having people vote on things they like on social media, and then they're giving away a lot of Amazon gift cards if those people share it across all of social media. So basically everyone in the community engages in spreading videos and pictures, and then the top liked and viewed content gets rewarded. There's a few tiers too.

Aion pvp is basically reflected your true self what you do when nobody watching or if there's no law in real life. You can denied it all you want claim it as it's only a game or you can separate game and real life but in fact is those who you bully them in online is real people not NPCs who does not have a feeling and it's totally different when killing computer mobs who has no feeling and players. It's kind of giving you a pleasure when you killing players because you know they will mad and angry.

The community currently accepted forced PvP or ganking because it's how the game designed for.
A lot of people when they doing wrong to others people everyone I met will say it's just a joke or attacked their victims to justified their actions. Hardly anyone will apologize or sorry (not with word but action).

I'm not saying you need to behave yourself or anything I just say your action in game just reflected who you're. And trust me nobody going to blame you for constantly killing players in game for your pleasure.

Anyway I hope you happy Vinley ^_^

I'm mostly just excited to play with all my old friends again. 1.5 is not my favorite patch at all, but at least I can pvp on that patch without spending crazy amounts of money.

2.7 is one of my favorite patches though, and that's what I'm most excited about playing.

I can't speculate anything more about NA classic since we do not have confirmed how they will monetized it.

It's really depend where everyone playing it doesn't matter to me if it's private or retail as long as there're people playing there.
I'm glad retail classic coming anyway so it will step up private server lazy asses to do improvement instead laying on ground do nothing and getting money.

Without private servers ,we probably will never getting classic but again without retail classic private servers will offer no improvement either so it's fun if they competitive each other to offer the best to us 😄

3 minutes ago, Zappies-DN said:

Please bring new players from outside the Aion world and then send them up to our Aion once done! :)

Good Joke, there is no new players coming to Aion. Its the same regurgitated players that play from time to time.  No one is looking to play a 11 year old game unless you have nostalgia with it and even then there is some fantasy world apparently where people think this is just going to pop like when it first released. There will be players at launch, but retaining those players idk about all that. 

If you want Aion to blow up again, there needs to be a totally new Aion project created for PC.