How to make Aion Classic successful (@NCW)

Vinley-KT

11 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I'm not against any models I just disliked JP one during the fact it try to give subscribers advantage over f2p greatly(You don't have money you can't buy pots or even running scrolls how you can be anything but only victims in Aion where pvp starts as soon as you're entered Elten?)

Are we going to have fun or only some people will enjoying bully free players ? How this model different from 6.0 we so disliked ? 
There're so many things that can limited free players without ruining them so bad like can't use AP to buy pvp gears ,or at least can only buy up to blue grade version.

JP pretty much allows you to actually log into the game without paying. Real subscription based doesn't even allow you to log without having an active subscription. They are not limiting, they are giving the freedom to still play without paying.

This is pretty much f2l (free to login), just like EU has with gold pack. You can play the game but unless you get the gold pack you pretty much can't do anything worthy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GenericUser28369 said:

If you want Aion to blow up again, there needs to be a totally new Aion project created for PC.

NCKorea is porting Aion to cryengine 5.6. The crysis team made tools to easily port Cryengine 1 games to 5+ and they're also giving the engine license out for free on a "pay what you want" basis to developers, in an attempt to expand the cryengine market reach.

Because of that a few developers in NCKorea have been slowly porting the game on their free time, and we should be getting a complete overhaul next year.

There won't be a new Aion PC game though.

37 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

JP pretty much allows you to actually log into the game without paying. Real subscription based doesn't even allow you to log without having an active subscription.

It's essentially a 24/7 free trial.

Anyone know if you can activate Siel's Energy when you want or does it start ticking whenever you are on?

Slightly off topic, but, if I were to play Classic I would be a Sorcerer, and I looked through some videos and it looks like you can't use Blind Leap and Aether Hold while flying and I was concerned about that since those skills are incredibly important for a Sorcerer. Anyone have comments on how one might work around those issues? I'm sure I could come up with something, but I was wondering if anyone else already had ideas for that.

10 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

Anyone know if you can activate Siel's Energy when you want or does it start ticking whenever you are on?

Slightly off topic, but, if I were to play Classic I would be a Sorcerer, and I looked through some videos and it looks like you can't use Blind Leap and Aether Hold while flying and I was concerned about that since those skills are incredibly important for a Sorcerer. Anyone have comments on how one might work around those issues? I'm sure I could come up with something, but I was wondering if anyone else already had ideas for that.

Sorcerer is op in those patches, you won't need to blink, you will use 2 skills and shoot anyone to death.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Sorcerer is op in those patches, you won't need to blink, you will use 2 skills and shoot anyone to death.

I know they are overpowered, but I just don't like how two important skills get disabled in flight. I think root was more powerful in flight mode because all flashes don't work in flight mode if I remember correctly.

5 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

I know they are overpowered, but I just don't like how two important skills get disabled in flight. I think root was more powerful in flight mode because all flashes don't work in flight mode if I remember correctly.

I'd take being an actual dps pvp class than have the ability to blink my char while flying and dying to 2 shots from tanks.

Now I am not sure what other changes they might make, classic is not the original Aion back in those patches, they still have things that are regarded fixes by later patches.

31 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

Siels energy resets daily at a predetermined time every day and you can not adjust it, so whenever you log on after reset it will start counting down immediately. If you log off the remaining time remains so that you can log back on later.

2.7 did not allow aether hold in flight. Likewise, flash of speed and other teleports also can't be used in flight.

What just came to my mind is Classic could be more then 2 or 3 servers.  They moved their servers to AWS in Virginia which supposedly has ok ping for many in EU ( I said many not all).  Their has been no EU announcement, and NC when Aion was at those patched was controlling EU so many of the language translations they would allready have.  So why give to Gameforge when NC could keep it all for themselves and potentially have an even bigger player base and keep all the money.

I disliked this cheap tactic by blocking GF from publishing classic in EU and move server closer to EU.

You don't confident in your management skill ? People won't miraculous playing in your server if your management is so bad. Remember when you forced everyone to PvP and offering no other choices ? They all just left. GF itself isn't a great company who hold responsibility much more than NC or anything but this thing is seem like an antitrust tactic.

But remember your bad management in the past created private servers in the first place. If your management is so good those private servers won't existed. I can feel auto pilot mode incoming but let's see about that.

2 hours ago, Arkanus-DN said:

since classic NA server will hardly rely on pay2play, battle pass will indeed be a source of great advantage, and more p2w mechanics are to come

good luck for the nostalgic ones that want to play this obsolete version

You think more than 0.05% of players are going to pay $100-130 for 5 enchant stones and 6 manastones? 7k+ only if you get 100% success rate on enchanting every single item to +10 you upgrade your gear and more if you duel wield.

That is per character btw and that is assuming we have same prices as KR. I dunno why people are saying you can reset the battle pass. Is there some video on this information? When i played no one talked about resetting the battle pass the only thing people did was exploit the crowns for the gifting system.

What all the KR streamers that i watched did was buy new battle passes on other characters to get the rewards and send the tradeable items to your main character.

I know some people will but the reality is the players who play Aion classic vs the amount of people who will have 7800 disposable income is so low.

Yes i get players will obtain other items from the battle pass but until people start getting judgement/graceful and other level 35+ golds you will not see the high level enchant stones you need to enchant your gear so you would be relying on the battle pass for the first 2-3 weeks at least. 

Now on to the silver lining, The first battle pass will have silver/gold/plat coins(and i think even bronze i forget.) If someone buys 60 battle passes they will also get 24,000 of each coin added to the market place and will make them dirt cheap so people can obtain great progression gear for really cheap. 

Beyond this those who spend 7k are never going to move servers if a new one comes out which at least 1 will due to bot and foreign population influx(if we get it before EU) so you can simply just play on the new server in which will have 1000s of players transfer to as well since they do not want to deal with the players who spent that much.

There is going to be those who will pay in anyway to get an advantage, Hell i know people who are preparing to hire pilots to grind on other accounts and feed them kinah if the candy selling is removed so they do not have to rely on kinah sellers for the first 2 months. This is how far people will go even if companies do not add things like a battle pass to the game.

I got a depress feeling so bad on how  much people try so hard to win in a game.

Perhaps we need to let open pvp world games die. Everyone should just PvE which PvP is completely optional and no reward anything from doing so. No instances just open world PvE with only questing. Or maybe we all should go back to single player games.

I admitted this Aion is getting too complicated for me to keep up already when all I want just a fun and peace of mind game.

It's a pvp game... nobody is forcing you to play it.

I don't go on FFXIV and start complaining that I can't gank people in open world.

Ppl should play the game for what it is designed to do or find a new game. Aion already started catering to PVE players by killing the open world and making 90% of the game progress-able through instances and it only killed the game more.

9 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

It's a pvp game... nobody is forcing you to play it.

I see that trope repeated over and over in this forum. However, most activities in Aion are PvE. The PvP focused players are just hoping to convince people otherwise.

Where Aion Classic shines, is not the PvP or PvE debate, it's the lack of all the rubbish NCsoft devs have added over the years with their misguided  "More is always better" design approach.

No runes, gemstones, glyphs, stigma enchantments,  S grade minions +15 everything  before it works properly etc.

All you need in Aion Classic is either a Miragent or Guardian Tribunus gear set, enchanted to +10 with stones that drop and you can trade between toons, a set of 5 stigmas, Manastones, and a godstone. That's it, and your done. The gear is not fast to obtain, you will still have to work hard at it, but gone is all the stupid complexity so you can get on with the game play.

1 minute ago, Ferk-DN said:

I see that trope repeated over and over in this forum. However, most activities in Aion are PvE. The PvP focused players are just hoping to convince people otherwise.

Where Aion Classic shines, is not the PvP or PvE debate, it's the lack of all the rubbish NCsoft devs have added over the years with their misguided  "More is always better" design approach.

No runes, gemstones, glyphs, stigma enchantments,  S grade minions +15 everything  before it works properly etc.

All you need in Aion Classic is either a Miragent or Guardian Tribunus gear set, enchanted to +10 with stones that drop and you can trade between toons, a set of 5 stigmas, Manastones, and a godstone. That's it, and your done. The gear is not fast to obtain, you will still have to work hard at it, but gone is all the stupid complexity so you can get on with the game play.

For sure the less complex design nature is a major drawing point for a lot of people; but there's also very little PVE content that doesn't also have PVP-aspects to it. World bosses are generally competitive both in small scale legion pvp (alukina/zap) and large scale (captain/meno/sieges)

It's true most current Aion's game is focused on PVE, but all the way up to 3.0 the game was mostly open world content that was pvp focused. Omega/rag/the dragon in 3.0 (cant even remember its name) and all of the dailies for 2.0 and 3.0 were in pvp zones which meant you were always forced to pvp to do dailies, either in the stronghold, the eye, or even at the lake/frogs. There weren't many ways to get real progression through PVE back then, and PVP gear was generally BiS, or at least all you needed for most  classes to complete all the content (never had a PVE set on sin or templar all the way to 5.0...)

Not that the game doesn't/shouldn't have PVE, my point is, to say pvp shouldn't be in the game when it's literally advertised as a PVPVE game from the get go, with the majority of its focus on progression (in the past) being PVP, well, it's kind of a ridiculous statement to say the least. A lot of the worst design choices the game has made was to cater to a subgrouped of people that whined about pvp, and it ultimately relegated all of aions content into instances, not just for PVE, but for PVP as well... and the result? well, we can see the result? The pvpers all left.

So it looks like they addressed things like faction skills and BoQ. Did they address the issue of world bosses favoring elyos or are we headed for another imbalanced launch when aion came here?

We all know they failed hard to lock off the faction that had more people rolling on it. They NEED to do a better job this time around even if it means keeping elyos side locked.

50 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

So it looks like they addressed things like faction skills and BoQ. Did they address the issue of world bosses favoring elyos or are we headed for another imbalanced launch when aion came here?

We all know they failed hard to lock off the faction that had more people rolling on it. They NEED to do a better job this time around even if it means keeping elyos side locked.

Faction skills are still a thing (BOQ is nerfed from 2.7 though). It wasn't until 5.0 that they completely removed faction specific skills. We might get it in a patch before 2.0 though (and I hope so..)

I don't know if Bolvig is still locked to elyos but I would assume so because I never read that, but I never went there to check personally.

The real problems of faction imbalance back then were mostly in siege design, bugged dredgions, and artifact abuse. All of which didn't get patched by NCW in NA until way after the damage had been done, when Korea had patches for them.

But all of those specific design flaws are fixed. Both factions get instances/rewards for attending, and NC monitors, locks and unlocks character creation once per week with notices.

1 hour ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

No, World bosses are still elyos dominated but depending on the server and the patch we get at release GL getting across to do drap cave which is one of 2 end game instances until DP arrives. Which is especially important for glads.

When we did it in KR you were always fighting between 50-500 asmo's camping the door so elyos can not get in to the instance.

Also no need to really worry about elyos domination we are in 2021 and people think playing the asmo race is cool now days. The issue with balance in KR is that they left 1 side open for to long.

unknown.png

Most servers have been locked for asmo's in KR. Asmo domination in KR it will be interesting to see what our region has.

23 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

No, World bosses are still elyos dominated but depending on the server and the patch we get at release GL getting across to do drap cave which is one of 2 end game instances until DP arrives. Which is especially important for glads.

When we did it in KR you were always fighting between 50-500 asmo's camping the door so elyos can not get in to the instance.

Also no need to really worry about elyos domination we are in 2021 and people think playing the asmo race is cool now days. The issue with balance in KR is that they left 1 side open for to long.

unknown.png

Most servers have been locked for asmo's in KR. Asmo domination in KR it will be interesting to see what our region has.

I think we'll see more glads on asmo side for sure, which probably bodes well for asmo side overall.

I'm pretty confident we start at 1.5 or even the most recent patch Korea got. I'd be really disappointed if we don't, because a lot of integral balancing changes were made after 1.2 and it would royally suck if they started off on bad footing the way Korea did; because then it means it probably also comes with the abuses people were doing in Korea related to the daeva pass and candies.

Well I think I was not explained clearly how I felt.

I felt depressed not because the game is pvp but rather because people willing to do anything to win no matter how dirty it's. Unfortunate PvP is linking with winning so I can't avoid mentioning it. I hope my explain will be more clearly now.

I miss when games are all about being fun rather than about win/lose. It can't be help when all games nowaday are all about win or nothing.

If aion classic become so successful and a lot of people playing it will be a big community with full of toxic players/trolls. This can't be avoid since there always be someone who want to ruin everybody enjoyment and dropping a nuke so they will enjoying all drama/flamewar.

On 5/29/2021 at 4:00 AM, Aelar-DN said:

There's only two possible things that can go into a battle pass anyway, cosmetics or resources, and there's only so many cosmetics that existed around that time anyway so the obvious fillers would be resources, such as boosts, manastones and enchantment stones. This being NCSoft, it wouldn't shock me at all if some of the milestone rewards consisted of entire sets of gear bundled into a chest.

Either way, they'll find a way to recoup the drop in profits from retail players migrating over to classic and to fund the man-hours required to deal with the inevitable backlash from both games.

You should familiarize yourself with the Aion "Veteran rewards" system that was in place since 2009 when Aion came out, which seemed to work quite well for years until the F2P  business model was adopted.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120125110434/http://na.aiononline.com/veteranrewards/

Archived