Merge Servers Before Retail dies.

Mrplatino-DN

Hi Mr @Kibbelz been watching your job in the last 2 months and i can say its good so far, now lets talk about retail version, the current versions has so many walls to enjoy the game i know new players cant enjoy any pvp content before getting 1 shot, thats one small example there is many walls to enjoy this current version that makes ppl leave to another game or just log to chat and say hit to friends for 30min then log off. with the classic version coming soon, coz we aren't that stupid all  the opening and sneek peaks marketing for classic in the official aion NA social medias means its coming probably soon or when elyon releases, than means many ppl from the current version will merge to classic to "enjoy" something that they did 8 years ago, yeah like back with ur ex girlfriend could be good in the beging but you know how it ends. whatever those are personal opinions the point in here its Danaria server populaiton right now 04-06-2021 its HORRIBLE could be around over 50 real players in the elyo side and over 30 in the asmo side daily? (dont count the ppl with multiple accounts) would be nice if with "the incoming movement to kill retail" huehue sorry i mean with the incoming classic release we can get the merge with Katalam? so we dont feel that alone  in Danaria server killing bots and waiting days to fill one pve endagame instance.

@Kibbelz

Japan has a server that on average has like 30 people online.

Pretty sure they can't just merge down to one server because of the way the instance servers function and the cross server networking. Pretty sure that's why every region has two servers, even when Japan is even more dead than NA.

1 hour ago, Vinley-KT said:

Japan has a server that on average has like 30 people online.

Pretty sure they can't just merge down to one server because of the way the instance servers function and the cross server networking. Pretty sure that's why every region has two servers, even when Japan is even more dead than NA.

The one server in Japan with 30 people on it is actually the integrated Balaurea server. Japan is already down to a single server with about an online average of under 200 people.

Our current averages are still hitting 300-400 per server at peak times although I'm sure many are duplicate accounts.

Meanwhile Korea's Apsuranta (8.0 integrated) server is doing well hitting 50% capacity at peak times.

I mean... I think the first question we need to make is... what is for NCwest temporarily? 252a744a10d2470a6cb33cfba24c0140.jpg

The main problem with aion is that is not a game that currently rewards the players fast specially new/returning players, like @Mrplatino-DNsaid they all come in and get one shot and get discouraged fast... also I think you are all minimizing the fact that the community loves to grief each other, which doesn’t help new/returning players.

Eventually:

Korea, Japan, Taiwan (and option for Fast East Russia players too?) will merge into a single Asia-region server.

NA, Europe, and Russia will merge in a single Euroamerica-region server.

And then:

Asia and Euroamerica will merge into a single global server. Your ping will suck if you are not close to where the global server is located in.

5 minutes ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Eventually:

Korea, Japan, Taiwan (and option for Fast East Russia players too?) will merge into a single Asia-region server.

And then:

Asia and Euroamerica will merge into a single global server. Your ping will suck if you are not close to where the global server is located in.

And how will be the schedule in general into a Global Server for Everyone and in Siege? haha

4 minutes ago, ErzaScarletxFT said:

And how will be the schedule in general into a Global Server for Everyone and in Siege? haha

They will indeed have to please all 50 individual players from around the world that will be playing Aion's 9.0 Mega-Merged Server, so yeah that would be a problem for time scheduling.

Yeah I love to troll ppl but right now it's serious business, it's not a secret AION retail population it's really low with classic incoming for sure it will die or just 20 ppl playing it. Me and many ppl have invested money and ALOT time one resource that u can't take back, so we need some solutions if there it's none just shut down the server to finally end this history 

6 hours ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Eventually:

And then:

Sounds familiar. Wasn't there already a MMO that did that? All servers were hosted in Korea, even if said "Europe" or "US"

The most difficult question: How will faction conflicts (Both Asmodian and Elyos characters on same account after merge) be handled with only one Refly server remaining?

• Character faction change on the lesser-played faction (of the player) to the more-played faction?
  • Move characters of the two races into separate accounts by race?
  • Nothing to accomodate and the account must choose to delete characters of the lesser-played wrong faction?
  • Allow characters of both races on the same account to be remain accessible until the end of Aion NA game services?

4 hours ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Aion NA is now hosted on AWS so theoretically NCWest might be able to put different servers of Aion Classic on different AWS regions (US East, US West, South America, and Oceania) so more players around NCWest-covered regions can have at least a server with more optimal pings

I think that the North Pole would be an ideal location for the new global server, so it’s more or less equally close to everyone.

Imagine a "Global Server" with more people and looking the lag we have now only with 50 people Playing in our servers. Ncsoft cant handle that. And not to mention the army of bots logging that we going to have 😂 the bugs of the npc will return and they will need to reset the servers everyday haha

9 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I find that music and video strangely addictive, never heard anything about this group before. It has its own "charme" XD

You never heard of "Land Down Under" before? This is the national anthem of Australia!

Pay attention to the lyrics: "He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich"... vegemite is Australia's secret weapon!!!

Archived