Merge Servers Before Retail dies.

Mrplatino-DN

On 6/5/2021 at 1:59 PM, Vinley-KT said:

Japan has a server that on average has like 30 people online.

Pretty sure they can't just merge down to one server because of the way the instance servers function and the cross server networking. Pretty sure that's why every region has two servers, even when Japan is even more dead than NA.

Plus there are different companies running each region with their own commercial arrangements. eg. Gameforge, NCwest, etc.

Of course the elephant in the rooms is the Aion game engine can't handle large server populations. Sieges become a slide show that ends in a disconnect or crashes.

the "need two server due to instance servers and cross server networking" is, i think, a bad reason.

Ok, maybe they got this matter, but can't they just make run a "false" server as "second" server to deceive their system ? If you are right, they don't need 2 server, they need the system to have one server and one thing appearing like a server.

i mean, what could happen if everyone on DN decide to just make a new character on KT, the server will be empty. It will become a ghost one, and a "false" server, i think will cost far less than this ghost server.

I admit i don't know anything about their netcode, their system. but i don't think what i say is stupid.

The matter is more a "don't care" ...

I logged into retail yesterday for the first time in 2 months. DN-A had 117 people logged in. Probably more than half of those were afk/alt accounts. LFG was silent. With Classic coming soon, it doesn't matter what NCsoft does for retail. Maaaaybe it will start to get some people back in the Fall after people start getting bored with Classic, but even though, it's kind of unlikely.

probably it's too late for this post i made it before classic laucnh/Annunciation but yeah they so happy with classic, right now retail its the scum game in the corner getting more recyble bin events till 8.0, and we need the merge i know ur favorite place its forums @Ele-DN but for some ppl, we do pvp daily.

If they had a single insight of where they went wrong in current Aion (pretty much everything they did was stupid), they would try to slowly revert the game back to being more playable like Classic is and revive the game.

Aion is not an MMORPG anymore, Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, these are the words current Aion lacks, Role Playing was exchanged with nothing, removed all professions, gathering, housing, social things etc so people can reach level 80 in 10 hours and then pay as much as they can to be able to pvp while doing the same instance for 1000 times hoping to get that last item for pve.

1 hour ago, GenericUser10435 said:

Will merge even help? Tried retail, got to 80, and with all those collections, cubicles, it felt like an infinite grind without any meaning

Because that's kinda what it is. You'll never get anything done unless you spend around 10 hours a day grinding non-stop, and then you end up with things not for your character.

5 hours ago, GenericUser10435 said:

Will merge even help? Tried retail, got to 80, and with all those collections, cubicles, it felt like an infinite grind without any meaning

A few months ago I decided to give Aion another try, levelled up a new character to see how the experience was. Boy was I disappointed with how fast I was levelling, I was still just spamming skills off CD without really having a set rotation, then on top of all the new collections, cubicles, etc...crafting skills all but nuked, no mid level pvp. Retail just seems like an empty shell of a game. I hope they do Aion Classic justice.

Archived