Jump to content
Forums

Classic servers - Estimated release date?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I know this could be a repetitive topic, but I just was wondering whether existing a possible release date for aion classic in the west.

I´m following up Aion posts on Facebook and Twitter, but only seeing teasers and nothing else apart from that.

Could a community admin specify if there is a release date or at least provide more information regarding this matter? I´d really appreciate it.

 

Have a great day you all!

Edited by Pipum-EK
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Pipum-EK changed the title to Classic servers - Estimated release date?
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They barely provide info about patch notes (usually post it 1 hour before game goes live), maintenance or event stuff. You're off better playing something else and just wait. Getting anxious for it wo

Korea teased classic in mid October, and then confirmed it the same week (Oct 28th), and then released it in November, on the 11th. Aion 8.0 released after Classic in Korea, which means NCW and t

This is so true... NCwest really under uses their advertisement budget... If they were smart they'd be sending out emails to all the players they can, old and new, to get the hype up. They also could

They will probably announce it like few days before it launches. Lack of advertisement usually leads to little to no success.

NCWest is extremely slow at what they do, so it may come by the end of the year, or after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

They will probably announce it like few days before it launches. Lack of advertisement usually leads to little to no success.

NCWest is extremely slow at what they do, so it may come by the end of the year, or after that.

Oh, that would be really sad, my friends and I were expecting to play this game in quarter 3 (let´s say July or August) as we saw Japan already announced the launch to happen this summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pipum-EK said:

Oh, that would be really sad, my friends and I were expecting to play this game in quarter 3 (let´s say July or August) as we saw Japan already announced the launch to happen this summer.

There is no need to theorycraft a release date, it isn't even announced yet. They will tell you when they are ready and nothing you say will change that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

There is no need to theorycraft a release date, it isn't even announced yet. They will tell you when they are ready and nothing you say will change that.

You´re right, but would be great if they provide at least some extra information apart from teasers. Advertisement tends to create hype, that could kill the game before it starts.

The purpose of  this thread is to see if we can get some extra information.

 

PS thanks both of you for your replies, much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They barely provide info about patch notes (usually post it 1 hour before game goes live), maintenance or event stuff. You're off better playing something else and just wait. Getting anxious for it won't speed it up, and you can beg until cows go moo in space, NCWest won't provide you that info now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The teasers could just be teasers for E3 in which then they may release the classic video at E3 for all we know. Altho if this is the case it is a little weird to do that since E3 is a promotional event for up-coming games so promoting for a promotional event seems odd. It would not surprise me in the least if it still comes out as an anniversary launch so w/e our anniversary is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The teasers could just be teasers for E3 in which then they may release the classic video at E3 for all we know. Altho if this is the case it is a little weird to do that since E3 is a promotional event for up-coming games so promoting for a promotional event seems odd. It would not surprise me in the least if it still comes out as an anniversary launch so w/e our anniversary is.

Makes more sense announcing it as an anniversary event than during E3 if you ask me, but frankly, I´d prefer they announcing it during the E3,  just to have the game at the earliest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pipum-EK said:

Makes more sense announcing it as an anniversary event than during E3 if you ask me, but frankly, I´d prefer they announcing it during the E3,  just to have the game at the earliest.

I mean E3 would reach a larger audience but it would be surprising if they bought time in E3 to promote it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The teasers could just be teasers for E3 in which then they may release the classic video at E3 for all we know. Altho if this is the case it is a little weird to do that since E3 is a promotional event for up-coming games so promoting for a promotional event seems odd. It would not surprise me in the least if it still comes out as an anniversary launch so w/e our anniversary is.

Our anniversary is September, Japan's is November, but Japan is launching before their anniversary so, KR obviously isn't interested in forcing it to their other regions anniversaries like they did their own.

It's probably going to be at E3 along with B&S UE upgrade, and Aion 2 mobile (maybe, but that was delayed again to next yr, so...)

If we're really lucky we might see the cryengine 5.6 upgrade, but they'll probably save that for the NC Media Day, which is in November.

Edited by Vinley-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really excited, not going to lie. If they can't (won't) control hackers, bots and shit like that in such a small community Live Servers are, I can only imagine how Classic will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

I'm not really excited, not going to lie. If they can't (won't) control hackers, bots and shit like that in such a small community Live Servers are, I can only imagine how Classic will be.

It's gonna be a disaster regardless what people think. NCWest nor Gameforge can be bothered to put enough care to handle the root of most issues. They can't be bothered to interact with players anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

They barely provide info about patch notes (usually post it 1 hour before game goes live), maintenance or event stuff. You're off better playing something else and just wait. Getting anxious for it won't speed it up, and you can beg until cows go moo in space, NCWest won't provide you that info now.

Some times they give half the patch notes before the update, and once we get the update we get more info. They are really slugging when ti comes to announcements and news about future plans.

Heck they might even publish a classic server and forget they even did it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Heck they might even publish a classic server and forget they even did it.

I was talking about this which would be pretty funny if it randomly just appears on the NClauncher and then like a few days later and then go yea btw classic is out.

It is sad that we have that little faith in NCwest/soft now days tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, Kubei-DN said:

They barely provide info about patch notes (usually post it 1 hour before game goes live), maintenance or event stuff. You're off better playing something else and just wait. Getting anxious for it won't speed it up, and you can beg until cows go moo in space, NCWest won't provide you that info now.

they're posting patch notes 1 day before the patch for years

please you dont need to lie, we already know you dislike ncsoft service and its ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Arkanus-DN said:

they're posting patch notes 1 day before the patch for years

please you dont need to lie, we already know you dislike ncsoft service and its ok

Seems you've been living under a rock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Arkanus-DN said:

i've been playing the game for years and can confirm
not sure bout u

So, your first thought is log into forums, deny my opinion and then assume I haven't been playing for years. I think you got the wrong person, even more so, delusional if you think NCWest has been doing any "good" job.

Maybe stick to talking about the topic on hand rather than target random people on forums? Save yourself the trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see some saying this month or next month and I'm just laughing lol. I would be incredibly surprised if that came true because when Korea did it they teased it like 3-4 months ahead of time and then waited to release it until AFTER their 12 anniversary events for 12th anniversary were finished or at least mostly finished.

I understand the excitement, but there's a very good chance 8.0 will come before classic goes live. I'm thinking realistically end of the year or beginning of next year. Expecting it to pop out of the womb this month or next month is far too optimistic considering it's essentially a separate game that will require a second team to manage, if done properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

I see some saying this month or next month and I'm just laughing lol. I would be incredibly surprised if that came true because when Korea did it they teased it like 3-4 months ahead of time and then waited to release it until AFTER their 12 anniversary events for 12th anniversary were finished or at least mostly finished.

I understand the excitement, but there's a very good chance 8.0 will come before classic goes live. I'm thinking realistically end of the year or beginning of next year. Expecting it to pop out of the womb this month or next month is far too optimistic considering it's essentially a separate game that will require a second team to manage, if done properly.

Korea teased classic in mid October, and then confirmed it the same week (Oct 28th), and then released it in November, on the 11th.

Aion 8.0 released after Classic in Korea, which means NCW and the other subsidiaries got the source data for 8.0 long after the 1.2 source which is now confirmed for the launch.

6 months is also generally the average time between KR launch and us; it has pretty much been about that now.

It's going to be soon. I'm fairly confident about that; they can't afford to even risk launching it after New World or Elyon, or it's DOA. If they don't launch it soon they shouldn't launch it this year at all, and I'm sure they know that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

It's going to be soon. I'm fairly confident about that; they can't afford to even risk launching it after New World or Elyon, or it's DOA. If they don't launch it soon they shouldn't launch it this year at all, and I'm sure they know that.

Especially if they plan to use word of mouth as their marketing strategy. Releasing just after NW/Elyon would be insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Korea teased classic in mid October, and then confirmed it the same week (Oct 28th), and then released it in November, on the 11th.

Aion 8.0 released after Classic in Korea, which means NCW and the other subsidiaries got the source data for 8.0 long after the 1.2 source which is now confirmed for the launch.

6 months is also generally the average time between KR launch and us; it has pretty much been about that now.

It's going to be soon. I'm fairly confident about that; they can't afford to even risk launching it after New World or Elyon, or it's DOA. If they don't launch it soon they shouldn't launch it this year at all, and I'm sure they know that.

I remember them teasing at it quite a bit before October but regardless that is besides the point, knowing Ncsoft I really do not see it coming soon. I highly believe they will try to compete with Elyon and New World.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

I remember them teasing at it quite a bit before October but regardless that is besides the point, knowing Ncsoft I really do not see it coming soon. I highly believe they will try to compete with Elyon and New World.

New World comes out around in August, yeah? Well if they want success, they actually have to do it before that date. I played Elyon beta and can't say it's a good Mmorpg (but that's another topic), but from what I've seen it's planned to be released in Q4. Also, FFXIV is going to release their fourth expansion in November, so NCWest and Gameforge have very little time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

New World comes out around in August, yeah? Well if they want success, they actually have to do it before that date. I played Elyon beta and can't say it's a good Mmorpg (but that's another topic), but from what I've seen it's planned to be released in Q4. Also, FFXIV is going to release their fourth expansion in November, so NCWest and Gameforge have very little time.

Aion classic can be released at the same time FF14 gets released because FF14's player base is 99.95% PvErs. New world and Elyon are both promoted with PvP as one of its main features. 

All be it even if Aion classic gets a perfect release there are still going to be issues that are going to drive players away from the game simply because it is very hardcore when it comes to players ability to grief.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...