Pay to Play Discussion

Rag-DN

Guest Bratenbaerbel
19 minutes ago, Zeyra-KT said:

Is so sad reading comments like this one, players refering to those who can't afford a suscription as "bots and etc"... the resemblance to Micky Vainilla is quite shocking (not). But then again, when aion community was not toxic af?

Have fun wasting your money on an old version of a dead game.

🧉Lots of love, Zeyra🧉

Eh I think youre misunderstanding lol, f2p players are not bots, but the KR version is PLAGUED with bots like crazy, bots aka. theyre not actual players, not bots aka. bad players.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wootage
32 minutes ago, Zeyra-KT said:

Is so sad reading comments like this one, players refering to those who can't afford a suscription as "bots and etc"... the resemblance to Micky Vainilla is quite shocking (not). But then again, when aion community was not toxic af?

🧉Lots of love, Zeyra🧉

idk how much you spent on retail to be this upset about classic aion release but i assume its a lot judging by how triggered you are

Hello all, I think everyone has its own point of view with respect to this matter, but I feel we should not loss our calm while talking or providing our opinion. 

Be nice and keep calm.

Regarding my personal opinion, I was expecting the release date since long and I already knew that ncwest was going to implement the subscription model as they re following Korea model.

For some countries 15$ could be a lot of cash, but when we re evaluating the whole scenario, 15$ is not that much. Unfortunately, I understand that a lot of players wont be able to affront the price, but I believe its something necessary to maintain the well being of the server, players and developers.

Remember that behind the game there is a IT team working to ensure that the game is playable and enjoyable and they also need cash to live, therefore subscription method is a good way to keep everyone happy. 

Guest Wandering Elyo

My personal opinion because I think this system is going to fail.
1º: This is not the ''wow classic', it does not offer the same content and not even in languages for other countries.
2º: Limit 1h to free accounts is joke? , with that time they put 56432132164321 bots and you break the economy of the game in a few months.
3: If the problem is the bots, why not limit the kinah on account that you reach a maximum and you can not get more I have seen this system in another game and thus prevent the economy of the game from breaking, and then sell the game at $40 and you have a store with skins just.
And so everyone is happy, especially those who do not live in the US, because paying $15 is very difficult for someone who is not from there and I also think it is unfair if we talk about a game that does not give more language options or servers in their region.
As I said it’s just my humble opinion.

2 minutes ago, Guest Wandering Elyo said:

2º: Limit 1h to free accounts is joke? , with that time they put 56432132164321 bots and you break the economy of the game in a few months.

Free accounts can't even trade or use a shop, how will they break the economy? Try reading before posting an opinion.

4 hours ago, Guest Kiesha said:

I hope the sub is 20 or 25 to keep the kids out

It's $15. The founder packs include exclusive items for $20 and $50 that imo aren't worth it with the current information I got.

They should remove the one hour free time because of bots.

4 hours ago, Zeyra-KT said:

🧉Lots of love, Zeyra🧉

But your post sounds toxic not his. He didn't mention f2p players as bots, he simply mentioned its the bots that will benefit from anything fully free and it is what ruined the current version of game. Even 1 hour for free per day will benefit someone with tons of accounts if that 1 hour is fully functional and non restricting at all. Not a single legit player can be fully f2p in Classic with that 1 hour window. F2p classic players can't even pretend they play the game with all the limitations, unless 1 hour per day is all they can play in total anyways.

I personally agree with Motgar:

1 hour ago, Motgar-KT said:

You either have a subscription or not, being able to log and play with limitations is one thing (like EU and gold pack) but to get 1 hour of full trading every day is what causes KR version have thousands of bots.

For those that cannot afford 15$ per month you always have retail, for those who want to "have fun wasting their money on an old version of a dead game"... there is always classic.

14 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I personally agree with Motgar:

You either have a subscription or not, being able to log and play with limitations is one thing (like EU and gold pack) but to get 1 hour of full trading every day is what causes KR version have thousands of bots.

For those that cannot afford 15$ per month you always have retail, for those who want to "have fun wasting their money on an old version of a dead game"... there is always classic.

My suggestion was just half witted though, something similar maybe, think of it as a draft idea.

if ncwest go same way kor classic did THERE ARE NO P2W SHOP ANYMORE GUYS DONT WORRY.

close to think of p2w would be enchant stones but it is not that hard to get enchant stones anyway.

when i played kor classic server i spent sub + $200 in 3 month pretty much nothing to buy for p2w the reason i spent $200 was for trans candy

(actually i made money out of it)

THERE ARE NO P2W SHOP ANYMORE IN CLASSIC GUYS

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

dude why are you saying it is dead game? classic doesnt even open yet. 

if you think it is for sure gonna die why do you even come here? you know you like this game and you want to play so dont say it is dead game

make yourself look stupid saying that.

KOR server have alot of bots classic/live doesnt matter it has been that way but still alot of people play classic (i have played kor classic) so many people!

some point i couldnt even farm crafting items cuz so many players were waiting to pvp on field and it still does 

i dont know how it is going to be here na classic but kor classic is for sure many people play

As what I said earlier, I think shop items should be limited to appearance and non-consumable convenience items (with exception to the below). They also shouldn't be tradeable, brokerable, or sellable. Doing anything more than that just opens the idea of P2W to the servers, which is counter to one of the objectives of Aion Classic.

There are some items that blur the lines such as 1 hour scrolls and candies. In order to fix these to be entirely appearance or convenience items they need to sell those in the form of one-time recipe scrolls that require you to use scrolls or candies obtained in the game as ingredients. For example, a one hour run speed scroll should require 12 run speed scrolls to make per recipe scroll and have the same stats. Another example, a Kromede candy should require 1 Polar Bear candy to make per recipe scroll (you buy the recipe named after the candy you want) and should have the same stats and duration.

Guest ToxicBegetsToxic
7 hours ago, Zeyra-KT said:

Is so sad reading comments like this one, players refering to those who can't afford a suscription as "bots and etc"... the resemblance to Micky Vainilla is quite shocking (not). But then again, when aion community was not -toxic af-?

🧉Lots of love, Zeyra🧉

This coming from a person who calls anyone holding  a prestige pass a p2w player lol. If you are too broke to play that's fine, no one will miss you there. BYE lol. 

2 hours ago, KissYB-KT said:

dude why are you saying it is dead game? classic doesnt even open yet. 

if you think it is for sure gonna die why do you even come here? you know you like this game and you want to play so dont say it is dead game

make yourself look stupid saying that.

KOR server have alot of bots classic/live doesnt matter it has been that way but still alot of people play classic (i have played kor classic) so many people!

some point i couldnt even farm crafting items cuz so many players were waiting to pvp on field and it still does 

i dont know how it is going to be here na classic but kor classic is for sure many people play

That specific sentence is in quotes for a reason. That whole paragraph is a reply to the quoted message that is above the paragraph.

I was replying to what Zeyra said: "Have fun wasting your money on an old version of a dead game."

So read what people write properly because you are the one who made yourself look stupid by attacking me.

Guest Vinley

Why should you not have to pay to play a game? What else in the world do you get for free?

If you can't afford it don't play, because those of us that have been waiting for classic don't want it to be another P2W F2P garbage game like Live currently is. There's no way to make a game for free, it either has to be P2W or subscription. There's no other option. If you want something for free go 7.9 because this isn't the version for you. You should have to pay to play it, just like you do anything else in life.

2 hours ago, Guest Vinley said:

Why should you not have to pay to play a game? What else in the world do you get for free?

If you can't afford it don't play, because those of us that have been waiting for classic don't want it to be another P2W F2P garbage game like Live currently is. There's no way to make a game for free, it either has to be P2W or subscription. There's no other option. If you want something for free go 7.9 because this isn't the version for you. You should have to pay to play it, just like you do anything else in life.

well said, i couldnt agree more👍

Guest Mystoganr

Willing to come back 😛 Agree 100% with this model and love it, as long as it keeps the p2w aside, i think everything will be okay with the subs 

16 hours ago, Zeyra-KT said:

🧉Lots of love, Zeyra🧉

totally read my statement wrong.  I was not calling those who can't afford a subscription a bot.  I was saying a subscription alone hopefully enough to reduce the bot problem that the game has.  Will it probably not, however I just wanted to clear that up as I definately did not intend my statement to be taken that way.

Guest Devir
21 hours ago, Guest oldplayer said:

even wow subscription is cheaper these dudes from ncsoft are smooking some weird stuff, make it 10$ per month and maybe im gonna try, theres like 6 big mmos coming with true new content and a cheaper price/subscription

No it is not, it is 14,99 per month, 16,32$ Taxes included.

17 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

Then they loose a method of attracting new and casual players, they can always remove the one hour daily free aura if it causes problems, but it sounds like a reasonable idea in theory.   Remember, full paying players run bots too, especially gold sellers.

Guest Kylee

I don't have any problem with a sub.  

I subbed to Everquest II  for 10+ years.  No I don't play everyday but I like everything unlocked.

When Aion first launched I paid a sub then.  So  it's fine with me.   

And if it's not fine well I spent a few cups of coffee money.  

Archived