Pay to Play Discussion

Rag-DN

I dont agree with this model.

I did pay the subscription already and i can easily afford it but i think the "free trial" should be removed and make it purchase to play

In the korean version there's a kind of "Monthly Season Pass" (which requires EXTRA payment) where you can get controversial items such as multiple Major Ancient Crowns which give tons of AP

unknown.png

Tell me if this isnt pay to win, also most of these items are sellabe

If you really believe this is not going p2w and ncsoft will take care of thousands of bots joining in... I  dunno.

Plus Lost Ark, and Elyon are coming with new content and FREE

Greetings

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Vankre said:

I did pay the subscription already and i can easily afford it but i think the "free trial" should be removed and make it purchase to play

In the korean version there's a kind of "Monthly Season Pass" (which requires EXTRA payment) where you can get controversial items such as multiple Major Ancient Crowns which give tons of AP

unknown.png

If you really believe this is not going p2w and ncsoft will take care of thousands of bots joining in... I  dunno.

Greetings

You mean buy to play?

Alright, I'll tell you something about that model as well. BDO is b2p, and has an intense grind there. Sounds very fun, huh.

ELYON will be b2p and there's tons of RNG and room for p2w in it already. You hit level 21, you're already welcome with RNG boxes. I played the beta btw.

Korea addressed the issue of the Ancient Crowns in the Daeva pass and removed it, which is why our version will not include it.

Guest some old chanter

they should make one server f2p/p2w with all the bells and whistles. then make the other subscription only. Let people vote with their wallets. 

4 minutes ago, Guest some old chanter said:

they should make one server f2p/p2w with all the bells and whistles. then make the other subscription only. Let people vote with their wallets. 

wtf why? Go play the current version if that's what you want.

Aion Classic P2P %100!!!

14 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

You mean buy to play?

Alright, I'll tell you something about that model as well. BDO is b2p, and has an intense grind there. Sounds very fun, huh.

ELYON will be b2p and there's tons of RNG and room for p2w in it already. You hit level 21, you're already welcome with RNG boxes. I played the beta btw.

Korea addressed the issue of the Ancient Crowns in the Daeva pass and removed it, which is why our version will not include it.

Anecdotally, I really love the BDO grind.   I play for 15+ hours a day currently, but that's part of why I think I need a break and want to return to Aion.

BDO is a beautiful game with perhaps more content than any MMO I've seen to date, excellent graphics and fresh combat.  I have no complaints EXCEPT that the buy-to-play method means there's a still a fair number of bots and degenerates playing the game.

17 minutes ago, Guest some old chanter said:

No.

I like the business model. It helps all 3 types of players. Free players get to play for free 1 hour a day. People who want the subscription get to pay their $15/month. People like me (p2w) players get to make a lot of accounts and pay for the daeva pass. 

Guest BDOaModelCITIZEN

I can only hope that classic Aion is being modeled after BDO because that game is amazing. Mixing classic aion with BDOs marketing model would be so convenient.

Guest Nexus
On 6/21/2021 at 1:22 AM, Vankre said:

unknown.png

Greetings

More crying about the business model? Yay.

Don't like it? No one is forcing you to play! 

Most of these games you've list already have expensive "founder's packs" and p2w cash shops, so lel.

And btw, you probably don't realise this but AP doesn't mean anything. You kinda need hundreds of silver/ gold medals, before you can actually buy anything good... I don't know, like gear and weapons!

It's not hard to understand. 

Guest Guest66
On 6/9/2021 at 3:03 PM, Laucha said:

For latinos its very costy.. like we have to work for a week to pay 1 month, 1 month to pay 3 month, that is sh*t

that's exactly why subscription exist, to keep you at bay

23 minutes ago, Wootage-KT said:

i think they will have titles and xb boosts / teas also in shop

As much as I don't like skipping the levelling part of an MMO. I don't have many problems with it. I'm more worried that they will flood the playerbase with consumes/scrolls/enchant stones through the season pass and thus hurting the games economy. 

14 minutes ago, Rastekkel said:

As much as I don't like skipping the levelling part of an MMO. I don't have many problems with it. I'm more worried that they will flood the playerbase with consumes/scrolls/enchant stones through the season pass and thus hurting the games economy. 

This, coupled with the abundance of AP items, mirrors my concerns.

The more stuff like this that's fed into the playerbase, the faster progression happens and the faster the divide between those who can pay, and those who cannot.  That divide will eventually cleave off those at the bottom. 

I'd rather do away with it all entirely.  I don't want that kinda free stuff.  Give me dumb stuff instead, or basic consumables like potions and scrolls.  Don't get me wrong, I want AP, but not like this.

Guest HypedbutFearful
14 minutes ago, Rastekkel said:

Seems like it absolutely will, I was thinking of levelling alchemy for example and I can already see that consumables won’t be worth much.
I don’t mind paying the subscription at all, I actually think it’ll be good for the game and for Ncsoft, but adding a pass on top of that with rewards such as consumables, hundreds of coins and even AP? That will absolutely ruin the game and makes it even harder to attract more people to play the game. I can convince my friends to pay a subscription, but paying even more on top of that for a 10 year old game else they would be at a disadvantage is too much and they either wont join me or quit soon after. (I’d be fine with it if it was only cosmetics or exp boosts)

listen i hope the even do twitch drops like maybe some potions , few scrolls and even 100k kinah like small stuff but enough to make people watch, stream and pull aion on higher row on twitch so more people will discover it and maybe even decide to play 

Okay, so I went to the Korean webshop on their website and see what they have to sell:

- There's some sort of "event" where they sell a 30 day 16-bag pet (it's a small crab like pet). Seems to be 1 per character per account. It also specifies that if you have a different 16-bag pet, and you purchase this one, both share the same storage.
- 200 Quna that comes along with 1 Administrator's boon
- 400 Quna with 2 Administrator's boons
- 1320 Quna with 6 boons
- 2300 Quna with 15 boons
- 4320 Quna with 25 boons
- [Event] 10 Resurrection stones (the blue ones that allow you to res others)
- [Event] 10,000 Stigma Shards
- [Event] Hair dye package -- this gives you 1 out of 8 possible hair dyes, which stay with the tag [Event]

unknown.png

That's all there is on the website. There's no way for me to see what's inside Quna shop unfortunately.

Guest Angel
11 hours ago, Guest Guest66 said:

that's exactly why subscription exist, to keep you at bay

Does it bother you to see Latino players in the game?.

Guest st0n3
7 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

You boost your Daeva pass with Quna on different chars to get perks (ench stones, manastones, AP) entry p2w items. Wonder if those are untradeable by any chance. 

some1 above asked about bdo model. that's exatly the one. u can p2w with no issues besides the price being extremely high. some still do.

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_MEMBERSHIP    

• Aion Classic - Standard

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_PCROOM    

• Aion Classic - PC Café Access

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_TRIAL    

• Aion Classic - Trial

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_TRIAL_FATIGUE    

• Aion Classic - Trial

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_MEMBERSHIP_REMAIN    

• Siel's Aura

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_TRIAL_REMAIN    

• Siel's Aura (Trial)

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_MEMBERSHIP_EFFECT
STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_PCROOM_EFFECT
STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_TRIAL_EFFECT

• XP Gain: 100%
  • Item Drops: No limit
  • Kinah Drops: Available
  • Abyss Point Acquisition: Available
  • Gathering: Available
  • Crafting: Available
  • Private Store: Available
  • Full Quest Rewards: Yes
  • Relic Exchange: Available

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_TRIAL_FATIGUE_EFFECT

• XP Gain: 50%
  • Item Drops: Superior or lower
  • Kinah Drops: Unavailable
  • Abyss Point Acquisition: Unavailable
  • Gathering: Unavailable
  • Private Store: Unavailable
  • Quest Rewards gain: No AP
  • Relic Exchange: Unavailable

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_MEMBERSHIP_EFFECT_TOOLTIP

• State: ON

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_PCROOM_EFFECT_TOOLTIP

• State: ON (PC Café)
  • Item Drops: No limi

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_TRIAL_EFFECT_TOOLTIP    

• State: ON (Trial)

STR_CLASSIC_ACCOUNT_TRIAL_FATIGUE_EFFECT_TOOLTIP    

• State: OFF (Trial)
  • XP Gain: 50%
  • Item Drops: Superior or lower
  • Kinah Drops: Unavailable
  • Abyss Point Acquisition: Unavailable
  • Gathering: Unavailable
  • Private Store: Unavailable
  • Quest Rewards: No AP
  • Relic Exchange: Unavailable

STR_MSG_ALARM_CLASSIC_ACCUONT_TRIAL_REJECT_QUEST_RELICS  

• Siel's Aura is required to exchange Relics.

STR_S2_Pass_Daily_02_DESC

STR_S3_Pass_Daily_02_DESC

• You cannot earn Abyss Points when Siel’s Energy is off.

Guest Sakarr

When it says "Field Gameplay Item Acquisition - Common only" for free accounts, does that include instances?  Such as, they can't loot any Superior, Heroic, Fabled items from instance bosses outside of their 1st hour of gameplay?

Archived