Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

What an exciting day!! I wanted to take a moment to share the prepared developer Q & A that we published this morning to our News section. While most of our promotional content directs players to the official website (which is targeted towards returning players), I know those here on the forum may be more interested in the details of what Classic will be offering.

For a list of known issues, please see this forum post: 

What is Aion Classic?

Aion Classic is a server which has restored the contents of the original Aion service that began in 2009 so that they could be enjoyed again. It operates on a separate server from the currently Live server and will be provided as an official, ongoing service rather than an event.

What is the service version?

The content of the Aion Classic we are introducing is based on the original 1.0 update. This server features PvE content up to level 50 as well as Rift and Fortress Battles for PvP.

However, there are many players who experienced difficulties in the original Aion due to the high EXP required to advance. These issues have been corrected in Classic and adjustments have been made so that the highest level can be reached in a shorter amount of time.

The contents are 1.0, but the implemented client system is version 2.7 so you can expect to see a more balanced and optimized version. For example, Remove Shock Skills and the Two-Handed Weapon Integration System that allow Altered State escape have been applied.

How is it different from the version being serviced in Korea?

The basis of the Aion Classic Global Service is that the service being provided is identical to the original version. The West version will maintain the same Aion Classic contents / BM items / service format being provided in Korea as closely as possible. The contents and version are being prepared in the same manner as Korea.

Korea is currently servicing the updated 1.7 version. Likewise, West will begin with 1.0 then provide the 1.5 update / 1.7 update based on how quickly players progress through the content, among other factors.

Are the items being sold the same as Korea?

The Aion Classic item components will also be prepared as they were for Korea. BMs that affect combat balancing will not be sold, so a fair PvP environment can be enjoyed. Korea is currently only selling decoration items, Form Candy, Pets, and other change tickets, and the West will sell the same.

Is purchasing Siel’s Aura necessary?

It is possible to play Aion Classic without possessing Siel’s Aura. In fact, all free accounts will have Siel’s Aura for one hour each day (per account) to accommodate more casual players. However, after the first hour, Siel’s Aura will be removed. Experience, Kinah, and item acquisition are reduced after the first hour of play passes each day. If you purchase Siel’s Aura, you can play without any of these restrictions. Siel’s Aura will be offered in the following 30-day, and 90-day units to reflect subscriptions with the original Aion:

• 30 days = $15
  • 90 days = $42

We are also offering special pre-order packages that includes a specially crafted items for the West in preparation, so please be on the lookout.

When will access be possible?

The Western Aion Classic Official Service will begin on June 23, 2021.

In closure, we would like to say that while we may be far away, we look forward to being a Development team that constantly listens to and communicates with the voices of our audience.

Additional Community-Sourced FAQ's

We will update this Community-Sourced FAQ section as we see additional popular questions be raised via community discussion.

Will Aion Classic be Available in other Regions?

Our Aion Classic service will be accessible from the same regions as our standard Aion service.

Is Aion Classic Free-To-Play?

Each Account is permitted one hour of play without restriction per day. After which, experience, Kinah, and loot drops will be reduced. It was important to us that players who wanted to return to Aion, but keep their play very Casual, could justify doing so. We believe this model keeps a healthy balance between monetization and accessibility, and will welcome your feedback on the approach once the game officially launches!

How Many Servers will there be, and where will they be located?

There will be two servers at launch, Siel and Israphel. As of now, both servers will be run via AWS from the U.S. state of Virgina where our servers for the currently live version of Aion operate.

Will players who purchase Founder's Packs also receive the related Subscription perks?

Yes! Thanks to player feedback, we are ensuring that all players who purchase a Founder's Pack receive the subscription rewards associated with their Siel's Aura duration. For Daeva Pack owners this means an additional Title Card. For Empyrean Lord Pack owners (including those upgrading from Daeva Packs), this will ensure they receive that 12-slot storage pet to help make inventory management a bit smoother, among other things such as an additional Title and a Consumable Item Pack. We are in the process of updating our official Pre-order FAQ page to reflect these changes.

How will Daeva Pass / Cosmetic Purchases Work?
Aion Classic will be using a premium currency called Quna, which is available for purchase (but not obtainable via in-game methods). Quna will be necessary to upgrade the seasonal Daeva Pass to unlock Premium rewards, and can also be used to purchase cosmetics as well as account services from the in-game Quna shop. Quna is a currency specific to Classic and currently doesn't exchange to/from BCCoin and NCoin at this time.

• Arctic changed the title to Aion Classic FAQ
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Revoca

Q1. Where are the Servers for Aion Classic going to be located?

Q2. When will Aion Classic be downloadable?

Q3. How many Servers/ Realms will the game have at launch

Q4. Is there a Monthly Pass in the cash shop similar to KR or will one be added later?

1 minute ago, DMob-DN said:

@Kibbelz Will we have to download a separate  client like Korea? , if yes , when will it be available to download ( i supose around the 16th) And how many servers will there be at launch?

9 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

What is Aion Classic?

Aion Classic is a server which has restored the contents of the original Aion service that began in 2009 so that they could be enjoyed again. It operates on a separate server from the currently Live server and will be provided as an official, ongoing service rather than an event.

2 minutes ago, Guest Revoca said:

Q1. Where are the Servers for Aion Classic going to be located?

Q2. When will Aion Classic be downloadable?

Q3. How many Servers/ Realms will the game have at launch

Q4. Is there a Monthly Pass in the cash shop similar to KR or will one be added later?

10 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

What is Aion Classic?

What is the service version?

The content of the Aion Classic we are introducing is based on the original 1.0 update. This server features PvE content up to level 50 as well as Rift and Fortress Battles for PvP.

However, there are many players who experienced difficulties in the original Aion due to the high EXP required to advance. These issues have been corrected in Classic and adjustments have been made so that the highest level can be reached in a shorter amount of time.

The contents are 1.0, but the implemented client system is version 2.7 so you can expect to see a more balanced and optimized version. For example, Remove Shock Skills and the Two-Handed Weapon Integration System that allow Altered State escape have been applied.

How is it different from the version being serviced in Korea?

The basis of the Aion Classic Global Service is that the service being provided is identical to the original version. The West version will maintain the same Aion Classic contents / BM items / service format being provided in Korea as closely as possible. The contents and version are being prepared in the same manner as Korea.

Korea is currently servicing the updated 1.7 version. Likewise, West will begin with 1.0 then provide the 1.5 update / 1.7 update based on how quickly players progress through the content, among other factors.

Are the items being sold the same as Korea?

The Aion Classic item components will also be prepared as they were for Korea. BMs that affect combat balancing will not be sold, so a fair PvP environment can be enjoyed. Korea is currently only selling decoration items, Form Candy, Pets, and other change tickets, and the West will sell the same.

Is purchasing Siel’s Aura necessary?

It is possible to play Aion Classic without possessing Siel’s Aura. In fact, all free accounts will have Siel’s Aura for one hour each day (per account) to accommodate more casual players. However, after the first hour, Siel’s Aura will be removed. Experience, Kinah, and item acquisition are reduced after the first hour of play passes each day. If you purchase Siel’s Aura, you can play without any of these restrictions. Siel’s Aura will be offered in the following 30-day, and 90-day units to reflect subscriptions with the original Aion:

• 30 days = $15
  • 90 days = $42

We are also offering special pre-order packages that includes a specially crafted items for the West in preparation, so please be on the lookout.

• Aion Team

Some answers:

• Since we moved to AWS for servers, the experience has been quite good. To keep that experience going, we are having servers spun up in the same location as our servers for the currently live Aion, which I've *confirmed* is Virgina.
  • Aion Classic will have its own Client, which will be available for download when the Character Creator portion goes live on June 16th!
  • Two servers will be available at launch: Siel and Israphel
  • There will be a seasonal Daeva Pass available at launch.

Guest ClassicBound1

Thanks for starting to answer questions. I have a few myself.

1. Will you be releasing an actual Youtube video/trailer for the Classic announcement. This current marketing method seems very low-key and won't do much to attract the many people that would play a Classic version of Aion if they knew about it.

2. When will you allow us non-Retail players to log into our NCSoft account and post on the forums without having to have played Retail Aion recently? I know we can post as guests but that's not what I'm asking for.

3. Will there be faction restrictions in place like in KR to combat one faction having too much of an advantage over the other? Maybe it'd be a good idea to monitor pre-creation numbers and limit it even during that time to prevent over-crowding.

4. Will there be an official Classic NA discord, or is there already one beyond the KR Classic discord? It'd be nice to have that community started and growing before launch.

5. You mentioned in the Q&A that NA Classic will start with 1.0 content. That is actually below what KR launched with, 1.2. Could you please clarify if NA Classic will start with 1.2 content, or will it be restricted even further by sticking to 1.0 for a few weeks or months? Obviously, NA launched with 1.5 so players were used to more content from the outset.

You said Siel I say "shut up and get my money". Thank goodness you gave the old servers the good names unlike Danaria/Katalam/Ereshkigal that we got after 6.0 destruction.

This post is also very essential as the biggest amount of deniers are saying the game will be p2w with cash shops and you just replied on this matter. I hope you keep it like this.

Oh man, I started on Israphel server. Always hated the fact it got removed after the merges.

Kibbelz, can you please confirm if the 1 hour of free play time allows trading? Because it implies it does, and that will be very bad because of all the bots.

4 minutes ago, Mrplatino-DN said:

1- its NA classic getting the p2w sub unlimited as korea did? getting x3 major crowns or u guys will prevent it. 

2- are u goin to keep bots away? or its going to look like KR classic

https://imgur.com/yG61Bem

https://imgur.com/oxXUz50

https://imgur.com/RTCiBea

https://imgur.com/yG61Bem

oxXUz50.png

JuJWib2.png

i got this images just watching 2MIN OF STREAM NO 2HRS the amount of bots in KR its a joke

Guest Vinley
17 minutes ago, Guest ClassicBound1 said:

1. Will you be releasing an actual Youtube video/trailer for the Classic announcement. This current marketing method seems very low-key and won't do much to attract the many people that would play a Classic version of Aion if they knew about it.

This is what concerns me most. NCSoft is attending E3, do they plan to show Aion Classic there and give the biggest gaming media sites the chance to show it even exists?

Guest Wootage

@Kibbelz can you please share with us what is this daeva pass you speak of , how much does it cost and what items does it include ?

42 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:
  • There will be a seasonal Daeva Pass available at launch.

Guest MintyR

I'm so excited to experience the old aion since i started after 4.8 (✧ω✧)(✧ω✧)(✧ω✧)

Just now, Matthieu-KT said:

@Kibbelz  I had my first Aion account way back when Original Aion was pay to play.  If I delete the toons currently on my account, will I be able to use that account for Aion Classic?

From the post, I think it is a totally different server.
On the 16th you can sign in and reserve your name/character. And it won't affect/be affected by the current stuff.

2 minutes ago, Guest Wootage said:

@Kibbelz can you please share with us what is this daeva pass you speak of , how much does it cost and what items does it include ?

The daeva pass, its a kind of schedule rewards you can get daily, all the subscribed users are able to earn the rewards, but there is one option where you can pay a lot of money to get all the rewards at once. 

I dont think this is a major problem, as all end users will ultimate receive the rewards, the difference would be that if  you pay, you will  receive the rewards quicker.

• Aion Team
48 minutes ago, Guest ClassicBound1 said:

2. When will you allow us non-Retail players to log into our NCSoft account and post on the forums without having to have played Retail Aion recently? I know we can post as guests but that's not what I'm asking for.

3. Will there be faction restrictions in place like in KR to combat one faction having too much of an advantage over the other? Maybe it'd be a good idea to monitor pre-creation numbers and limit it even during that time to prevent over-crowding.

4. Will there be an official Classic NA discord, or is there already one beyond the KR Classic discord? It'd be nice to have that community started and growing before launch.

5. You mentioned in the Q&A that NA Classic will start with 1.0 content. That is actually below what KR launched with, 1.2. Could you please clarify if NA Classic will start with 1.2 content, or will it be restricted even further by sticking to 1.0 for a few weeks or months? Obviously, NA launched with 1.5 so players were used to more content from the outset.

1. Couldn't say if there were going to be a trailer, even if I knew. o.O

2. I believe this will happen once Classic launches and players can login/play.

3. If problems arise, we'll definitely want to deal with them. If there's a lot of popularity on this question I can reach out to the team earlier (though today is pretty hectic)

4. For many reasons NCSOFT so far has avoided launching any official Discords. That said, I recently joined into the Aion Discord and am looking to start hanging/engaging with ya'll a bit more there :)

5. According to the documentation I have, yes Aion will launch at 1.0 with QoL changes. I'm double-checking on this though...

Archived