Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

Not sure if someone already raised this question but.... How NCWest is going to deal with the massive amount of players that are going to do the same quests at the start?

At the beginning, the hunt zones are very limited in term of mobs, to do some yellow quests in Poeta you have to kill kerubims, kobols, etc.

How ncwest is going to deal with that? Is there any particular plan?

Thanks 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Pipum-EK said:

Not sure if someone already raised this question but.... How NCWest is going to deal with the massive amount of players that are going to do the same quests at the start?

At the beginning, the hunt zones are very limited in term of mobs, to do some yellow quests in Poeta you have to kill kerubims, kobols, etc.

Thanks 

Maybe use sever channels, like before?

Guest Mordran

Hi,

i played Aion at launch and will return on classic. Since i forgot nearly anything, do you have any recommendations or a guide for gearing up? I plan on playing a cleric.

I am not really sure how to place this as a proper question without it coming off as an attack, but I am going to do my best and I apologize in advance if I am not able to convey my question correctly. 

Do you really think the One Hour of unrestricted Game Play is truly the best way to go about this? 

The game will be over run with bots, now allow me to explain how they are best able to achieve this. For the low low price of $42 (which is the totally the best value) Gold Spammers will have free range and unfettered access to farm everywhere on the game for 90 days. Then for one hour everyday the Gold Spammers are able to trade their goods and kinah to all of their alts and as well as continue to farm the essential  gatherable nodes needed for crafting. 

Paying a Subscription is not a Prescription to stop Gold Spammers and their Bots from ruining Aion. A Subscription only allows Gold Spammers to make more money. 

1 hour ago, Guest Mordran said:

Hi,

i played Aion at launch and will return on classic. Since i forgot nearly anything, do you have any recommendations or a guide for gearing up? I plan on playing a cleric.

Clerics are the best and I will also be making the same, however you might be able to get more and better advice if you go here.

https://forums.aiononline.com/forum/29-class-discussion/

As far as gear goes, hmm? You have 2 ways of playing a Cleric Heals or DPS so you 1st you need to figure out how you want to play your Cleric. Groups LOVE LOVE LOVE Clerics and Chanters (Clerics for the awesome heals and Chanters for buffs & heals), now with that said if you play DPS you want get asked to join many groups because most groups are only interested in a Cleric for the heals even thought Clerics are some total Bad Asses in DPS.

I also started playing on day One of the Launch of Aion so I do not remember which skills they changed, but most of the skills have remained and are still the same as the newest version of Aion.  Maybe you can jump on and make yourself a Cleric on the live server ya know just for shits and giggles and just to familiarize yourself again with the basic concepts of the game.  If I can make a further suggestion if you do, make one Asmo and One Elyos then just have a yourself a BLAST with your Cleric. FYI Clerics are so OP LoL.  O hell it just hit me there where some differences in the heals that were changed, Classic Aion Clerics had a heal over time that they no longer have today. To be honest I really don't miss it. 

Guest SeekingAnswers

@Kibbelz Will Server Transfers be available for sale in the future in case people get separated at launch due to queues/faction locks, etc?

1 hour ago, Guest SeekingAnswers said:

@Kibbelz Will Server Transfers be available for sale in the future in case people get separated at launch due to queues/faction locks, etc?

Seeing everyone will be at level 1, it won't be much effort to re-roll after a few hours play if you find you are on the wrong server. No point waiting for server transfers that never come.

Has anyone asked or wondered about how NC west will manage a server that most likely will serve NA and EU players while they cant manage the current retail with a net population of approximately 300 players?  Or even how the support manage the tickets assuming they dont  just through canned answers as per usual ?

44 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

Has anyone asked or wondered about how NC west will manage a server that most likely will serve NA and EU players while they cant manage the current retail with a net population of approximately 300 players?  Or even how the support manage the tickets assuming they dont  just through canned answers as per usual ?

They will phone it in as always, lie i mean promise things that will never seem to materialize, start adding cosmetic stuff at first as additional moneygrabing i mean monetization and then not so cosmetic stuff too, and all that in a subscription based game, but people are already conditioned to be robbed and will still excuse it with "well they need to make money to support the game" and the whole effing cycle will continue.

Also if they dont take care of bots,

bots = kinah sellers = kinah buyers(whales) = p2w

because remind me again, werent silver/gold medals brokerable, which means the whales will be in full on pvp gear months before everyone else.

Guest Mordran
6 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

As far as gear goes, hmm? You have 2 ways of playing a Cleric Heals or DPS so you 1st you need to figure out how you want to play your Cleric.

Thanks for your suggestions, for me i will play a healer ;)

Guest An analytic

How many hours on average people play AION?

Probably around 4 hours in average.

Which % of players will come from outside the US?

Probably around 60% USA, 40% rest of the world.

Which model have been in AION during the last years?

Free-to-play.

----------

So, having that in mind, I would like to mention that people coming from other countries may not have a high PIB per capita as the US. This classic will attract that segment for sure, since there is no other offer in market and people have been accustomed to a free to play game and to play for plenty hours. That said, giving 1 hour free every day and 15 dollars subscription might cause that a good segment that the game could reach will be left out. Hence, I would like to propose options to make it more accesible.

1- Give 2 hours of  Siel's aura every day.

2- Make Siel's aura subscription brokerable.

So, the question would be: Is the AION team considering other options to include that marginalized segment of players in order to increase the numbers of players per server and still make good money? Active servers and a more popular  game also translates in more income.

10 hours ago, Pipum-EK said:

Thanks 

I am quite sure they will gladly spin up more servers if there is an overwhelming demand for Aion Classic. They have a week to decide based on the number of characters created until the game actually goes live. Compared to the number of servers they had to roll out in Korea, this should be easy for them.

40 minutes ago, Guest Mordran said:

Thanks for your suggestions, for me i will play a healer ;)

Ok sweet Congratz to the newest healer or maybe I should just say Welcome Back LoL.. Well ok then, Once you get to

Eltnen there are some Bronze Coin quests out in the dessert you can get now I'm now sure what level you have to be in order to get the quests, but the gear offered have stats for Healer or DPS. Now I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think the quests are either repeatable up to 10x or its only a daily, however something is nagging at me so I believe the quest is a repeatable. So watch it turn out to be the opposite. Then once you get your gear you can start enchanting it and I'll say a lil prayer for you when you start.

Up until you get your coin gear I'm afraid most of your gear will be probably be for DPS, which is all good because you will still be a bad ass healer.. 

O Boy it just hit me, I never asked if you were playing Asmo or Eylos. The above info is where to find the coin quests only for Eylos, but even if you play an Asmo you can still find the coin quest in Morheim, but I have no clue who has the Bronze Coin quest.. Sorry I wasn't more help on that part, but you have an idea where to start to look. 

Good Luck 

Guest Mordran
47 minutes ago, DrFeelz said:

Ok sweet Congratz to the newest healer or maybe I should just say Welcome Back LoL.. Well ok then, Once you get to

Eltnen there are some Bronze Coin quests out in the dessert you can get now I'm now sure what level you have to be in order to get the quests, but the gear offered have stats for Healer or DPS. Now I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think the quests are either repeatable up to 10x or its only a daily, however something is nagging at me so I believe the quest is a repeatable. So watch it turn out to be the opposite. Then once you get your gear you can start enchanting it and I'll say a lil prayer for you when you start.

Up until you get your coin gear I'm afraid most of your gear will be probably be for DPS, which is all good because you will still be a bad ass healer.. 

O Boy it just hit me, I never asked if you were playing Asmo or Eylos. The above info is where to find the coin quests only for Eylos, but even if you play an Asmo you can still find the coin quest in Morheim, but I have no clue who has the Bronze Coin quest.. Sorry I wasn't more help on that part, but you have an idea where to start to look. 

Good Luck 

Thank you so much for giving me a head start. I played Elyos back in the day but have not finally decided for now. Depends on where i find some enjoyable company for levelling (i am in CEST timezone). Cheers

25 minutes ago, Guest Mordran said:

Thank you so much for giving me a head start. I played Elyos back in the day but have not finally decided for now. Depends on where i find some enjoyable company for levelling (i am in CEST timezone). Cheers

I am going to go for the level 30 Daevanion armor set and weapon.

https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/Elyos_Daevanion_Armor_(Aion)

https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/Asmodian_Daevanion_Armor_(Aion)

The reason being is that the level 30 PvP armor takes a lot longer to get because you need silver medals from instances and sieges, so I need something reasonable in the meantime.

Guest Mordran
17 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

The reason being is that the level 30 PvP armor takes a lot longer to get because you need silver medals from instances and sieges, so I need something reasonable in the meantime.

Ok Great, thanks!

52 minutes ago, Migojio said:

Can't wait to take uncheck LFG from my general chat due to people spamming "WHERE'S TUTTY!?" every 20 seconds despite the location being pinged constantly

And the people trying to recruit an alliance to kill Bubblegut.

Q: What patch are you going to eventually end up on in the future and stop updating?
I'm assuming even though it's Classic, it will keep getting the same content updates as before.

I really hope it stops at 4.6 (if it ever goes that far) because for me that was the holy grail.
4.7 is when everything went downhill with the safe pads getting lifted in Kata/Dana, and begging of power creep.
It also basically killed what was very alive world PvP with everyone doin bloodmarks not being able to jump in and out of safety.
And then of course constant power creep with every patch after that with plume, super daeva, skill/stigma changes, all this other nonsense and eventually stuffing everyone by taking away their scrolls, kinah, food recipes etc etc etc.

If it doesn't get even up to 4.x, then probably 3.x would be nice because Kata/Dana was great times.

Guest So happy

I can't wait to play this again. My childhood game but I didn't understand but and still had fun. I understand MMOs better now so I'll have a great time! Will be running Cleric and Chanter! Is there a Discord for the game? 

1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

And the people trying to recruit an alliance to kill Bubblegut.

LMAO OMG I almost forgot all about Ole Bubblegut.. But ya know the one critter I am looking forward in taking down the most is Trandilla and then onto the mines 

18 hours ago, Pipum-EK said:

Thanks 

Not sure if someone answered you already however in KR the respawn time of mobs was reduced + the non PvP area's had 10 channels.

Archived