Forums

Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

Guest Subscription is a bad idea

Subscription based business model will turn too many players in North America off. It would be HIGHLY recommended that instead of a Subscription have a one time purchase for like 30-40$. With mmos like new world coming out this will fail extremely quick. Its not too late to change it.  Also id recommend exposing this server more it could be successful. I hope they dont mess this up. :/  

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Guest Subscription is a bad idea said:

Subscription based business model will turn too many players in North America off. It would be HIGHLY recommended that instead of a Subscription have a one time purchase for like 30-40$. With mmos like new world coming out this will fail extremely quick. -snip-

WoW and FFXIV would disagree.

Aion was at its peak back in the day when it was subscription based. It's still successful in Korea, so we can hope it stays the same here.

Guest Angry guest
On 6/10/2021 at 12:10 AM, Kibbelz said:

Will Aion Classic be Available in other Regions?

Although the Servers are targeted to serve North America, we will not be blocking access or restricting IPs from any other regions. Players are free to access the game from anywhere in the world with this knowledge.

Hello.
You said the game if free to access from anywhere, but the same time i'm not autorized to create an account. Could you explain why?

4 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Aion was at its peak back in the day when it was subscription based. It's still successful in Korea, so we can hope it stays the same here.

I think FFXIV can't be compared though (i can't speak for WoW as i never had interest in it), seeing that its not an old game, ffxiv devs are constantly releasing new content, every two years there's been an expansion, the game is very creatively active and let's not even mention the fanfests and such things... so it makes much more sense to have a subscription in there (which btw, apparently is cheaper than this one, if this one is really gonna be 15$ ?! 😱) thus i'm not sure its as valid here to have such a subscription based plan, let alone such a high price comparatively.... :/

Guest Jebra
1 hour ago, Guest Angry guest said:

Hello.
You said the game if free to access from anywhere, but the same time i'm not autorized to create an account. Could you explain why?

I had the exact same problem, i tried different browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) tried creating on my phone, laptop, different internet connections, VPN's etc, and found i could only create an account if i used the Microsoft Edge browser to create the account. Hope that helps you.

Guest Elindery
1 hour ago, Guest Jebra said:

I had the exact same problem, i tried different browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) tried creating on my phone, laptop, different internet connections, VPN's etc, and found i could only create an account if i used the Microsoft Edge browser to create the account. Hope that helps you.

I've tried all of it just like you do. Nothing helped. My ltsc windows edition have not Edge included, but i've managed to recover my very old account) So im able to play, and hope that solution helps someone too.

6 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

You can't compare games that care for their player base with NC. Wow can nickle and dime people but people are to invested and they listen and change things according to players. Look at FFXIV..they rebuilt a broken game when they could of scrapped it and that along tells you they want their product to succeed.

Aion on the other hand just copies and pastes what Korea gets.

Guest Wootage

You know what would be nice? Having faction numbers and online count for each server on Website but we dont get nice things here and have to settle for mediocre stuff instead

Guest Devir
8 hours ago, Guest Subscription is a bad idea said:

Subscription based business model will turn too many players in North America off.

I dont know about other, but Free to Play will turn me out of this game right now.

10 hours ago, Guest Subscription is a bad idea said:

Subscription based business model will turn too many players in North America off. It would be HIGHLY recommended that instead of a Subscription have a one time purchase for like 30-40$. With mmos like new world coming out this will fail extremely quick. Its not too late to change it.  Also id recommend exposing this server more it could be successful. I hope they dont mess this up. :/ 

No, you clearly have no idea. This game was thriving most when it was sub based then went down hill on F2P.

Sub base is why so many people want to come back.

You can tell you never played when it was sub based.

4 minutes ago, Guest Zop said:

No, you clearly have no idea. This game was thriving most when it was sub based then went down hill on F2P.

Sub base is why so many people want to come back.

You can tell you never played when it was sub based.

My conflict is that there's not one, but two things you need to pay for.
I'm all for the subscription.  If I'm paying money, and the company is taking that and actually keeping a well running game and taking care of hackers/bots/errors etc, then awesome.  Let's go.

Not really fond of this additional pass, though.  That does not need to exist, period.

36 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

My conflict is that there's not one, but two things you need to pay for.
I'm all for the subscription.  If I'm paying money, and the company is taking that and actually keeping a well running game and taking care of hackers/bots/errors etc, then awesome.  Let's go.

Not really fond of this additional pass, though.  That does not need to exist, period.

When Aion first came out in 2009 I use to go to the games shop in my local mall and buy a 90 day Aion game pass.

Nothing has really changed except you can now do the same online without the trip to the mall.

However, the free 1hr per day thing is a mixed blessing. My gut feeling is it may cause problems, we shall see. What I would have preferred was you have to purchase a Siels Aura package in order to be able to register a toon, but after it expires you can fall back to the 1hr. free to play or subscription model. The no cost to create characters encourages all sorts of problems, bots, the false perception of faction imbalance, etc.

Just now, Ferk-DN said:

When Aion first came out in 2009 I use to go to the games shop in my local mall and buy a 90 day Aion game pass.

Nothing has really changed except you can now do the same online without the trip to the mall.

I don't think you understand; the Daeva Pass is new, and a secondary pay gimmick.  More importantly, it really blurs the lines between being a subscription service, and a pay2win gimmick that is going to cause a very quick divide between the casual and the spendhappy.  Ultimately, that's not good for the health of a PvP game, nevermind a little morally dubious.  

So, yes.  Something really has changed, actually.

5 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

I don't think you understand; the Daeva Pass is new, and a secondary pay gimmick.  More importantly, it really blurs the lines between being a subscription service, and a pay2win gimmick that is going to cause a very quick divide between the casual and the spendhappy.  Ultimately, that's not good for the health of a PvP game, nevermind a little morally dubious.  

So, yes.  Something really has changed, actually.

Do you not remember the Veteran rewards for paying players in the original Aion?

It was the similar kinds of items rewarded each month or each year.

https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/Veteran_Rewards_(Aion)

It was probably better than the Daeva Pass system.

Guest hooked on phonics

wait the daeva pass and the subscription are the same, like the old veteran rewards? thats awesome!

that would be just like classic and only cost $15

Guest st0n3

It cost more on KR, and it also lasts for 2 months. I'd expect 25$. There also is function of instagrabbing all rewards for tripled price. No doubt plenty of ppl will get it right standing in the starting zone

Guest Amaterino

They would dare making those tradeable, to pull off that bullshit after asking a subscription fee for the game + base package? If all it takes to not have any sort of this crap in the game , is paying monthly then by all means sure. but  I hope We are past the point of dealing with this and ncsoft learned why their game died in the first place.

Guest Amaterino

They would dare making those tradeable, to pull off that bullshit after asking a subscription fee for the game + base package? If all it takes to not have any sort of this crap in the game , is paying monthly then by all means sure. but  I hope We are past the point of dealing with this and ncsoft learned why their game died in the first place.

36 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

If majority of items in the Daeva pass are tradeable, that's where I'm gonna have an issue. None of the things in there should be tradeable.

Nah, one of the good things about the original Aion was the lack of trade restrictions. AP items were not tradeable, but you could trade most PvE items.

Archived