Forums

Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Guest Amaterino said:

They would dare making those tradeable, to pull off that bullshit after asking a subscription fee for the game + base package? If all it takes to not have any sort of this crap in the game , is paying monthly then by all means sure. but  I hope We are past the point of dealing with this and ncsoft learned why their game died in the first place.

Ha, i guess they didn't. Just look at the F2P restriction, it's gonna be empty again after a couple of weeks, if it takes that much time.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, Guest Demo said:

@Kibbelzcan we open retail and classic at the same time?

I think since they are both "aion" clients you will be able to open max 2 clients (1 classic and 1 retail) if you try to open a 3rd, you will get a message that you cannot run more than 2 clients, and then the game will close.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, Guest Diversion said:

Is it possible to port characters appearence in the classic version, when you enter in the character creation?

I think it is not, since in the character creation we didn't see that feature. It was added much later along with the ability to print screen the presets. Those features were added when new looks were added so ther would be a collision trying to implement the later feature at classic aion.

Remember, we use the old graphics and looks of characters. They did a remodel/destruction of presets in 5.0 and everyone looked like they were botched plastic surgery victims and they gave everyone surgery tickets to try to fix it.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, Guest Subscription is a bad idea said:

Subscription based business model will turn too many players in North America off. It would be HIGHLY recommended that instead of a Subscription have a one time purchase for like 30-40$. With mmos like new world coming out this will fail extremely quick. Its not too late to change it.  Also id recommend exposing this server more it could be successful. I hope they dont mess this up. :/ 

Nope, they won't bother putting classic out and give it for free or 1-time purchase. They will milk this and it is the players that asked for it. Aion would have never died if they didn't destroy it in later patches. People were happy to pay a subscription back when 1.0 was out and so are people right now.

On 6/17/2021 at 1:56 AM, Seren-Dust said:

I think FFXIV can't be compared though (i can't speak for WoW as i never had interest in it), seeing that its not an old game, ffxiv devs are constantly releasing new content, every two years there's been an expansion, the game is very creatively active and let's not even mention the fanfests and such things... so it makes much more sense to have a subscription in there (which btw, apparently is cheaper than this one, if this one is really gonna be 15$ ?! 😱) thus i'm not sure its as valid here to have such a subscription based plan, let alone such a high price comparatively.... :/

Comparing games will never make sense though. Different games, different reasons to play. I played WoW and as much as I applaud Blizzard, I cannot play that game anymore, it bored me to death and the cartoon look was a turn off from day 1 to the last day I played it. I have never in my life played final fantasy and I am not interested in it in any way, it looks like anime in 3D and I did see the movie "Advent Children" and I can't say I got hooked in the story.

Hello Kitty was also successful and so was Minecraft. Just because there are more people who like to play chibbi kittens or pixelated worlds that doesn't mean the players who play Aion are the same.

10 minutes ago, 1s1FB496 said:

Hey,

Will it be possible to change siege times so that people in EU will be able to comfortably attend sieges together with NA players?

Unlikely to happen, since classic is purely targeted towards NA only. NCWest doesn't care about EU because "you have your own version of it by Gameforge" but people seems to forget Gameforge will not be releasing classic anytime soon.

I would have just preferred more siege times like it was in Tiamaranta, around 2-3 PM eastern time.

16 minutes ago, 1s1FB496 said:

Hey,

Will it be possible to change siege times so that people in EU will be able to comfortably attend sieges together with NA players?

It's certainly possible, but I doubt they will do it.

When Aion first launched, there was a server called Nezekan who's Oceanic time zone was set to Sydney/Australia even though it was housed in NA. The siege times were great, best fun I have ever had in Aion.

NCsoft West don't think globally, that's why they always talk about PT timezone, when they should be doing all announcements in UTC, the server time should be UTC not PT. They are clearly focused locally, not globally.

If they were smart, they would divide the world up into 3 timezones, 8hrs apart, and spin up servers in 3 AWS data centers which are in each of those 3 timezones, and they would get a lot more players as a result, not just because of siege times, they would improve the global ping enormously.

AWS have data centers all around the world, it would be easy for NA to spread servers.

https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/

2 hours ago, 1s1FB496 said:

Hey,

This is an NA release, not an EU / Global release.  While it's a small concession they could make, they're under no obligation to do so and likely have contractual reasons behind the curtain that prevent them from this.

24 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

This is an NA release, not an EU / Global release.  While it's a small concession they could make, they're under no obligation to do so and likely have contractual reasons behind the curtain that prevent them from this.

1629-B7-BA-F3-A5-4347-9527-73-C6-E6-BFDFTook a look at our legion of 60 ppl whose leader is from NA, there's more EU players than US lol.  Adding afternoon sieges as well would increase ncsoft revenue because would make a lot of these players stay if they're also able to siege.  Aion was huge in europe before, you just have to look at retail to see that. Even now their servers not dead. 

11 minutes ago, Guest SSS said:

1629-B7-BA-F3-A5-4347-9527-73-C6-E6-BFDFTook a look at our legion of 60 ppl whose leader is from NA, there's more EU players than US lol.  Adding afternoon sieges as well would increase ncsoft revenue because would make a lot of these players stay if they're also able to siege.  Aion was huge in europe before, you just have to look at retail to see that. Even now their servers not dead. 

Excellent points that are still irrelevant.  This is an NA, and their contracts are with NA providers for their servers.  This likely comes with contractual agreements already set in stone about peak times, events, and stuff like this.

I don't anticipate them doing much of anything, regardless of how good a case you build.

5 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Excellent points that are still irrelevant.  This is an NA, and their contracts are with NA providers for their servers.  This likely comes with contractual agreements already set in stone about peak times, events, and stuff like this.

I don't anticipate them doing much of anything, regardless of how good a case you build.

Well hopefully people don't go back to private servers due to being unable to siege.  I'm not living in europe so it doesn't affect me but personally i'd rather spend my money on the developer to support them than a ps. In fact I bought the $50 package despite knowing there's a $42 option for that reason. 

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Unlikely to happen, since classic is purely targeted towards NA only. NCWest doesn't care about EU because "you have your own version of it by Gameforge" but people seems to forget Gameforge will not be releasing classic anytime soon.

I would have just preferred more siege times like it was in Tiamaranta, around 2-3 PM eastern time.

Will they release it though? It seems not. Idk, Galeas responses are weird.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:40 AM, Guest Diversion said:

Is it possible to port characters appearence in the classic version, when you enter in the character creation?

The classic version character creation is just like on the old times, sooooo nop.

1 hour ago, Guest SSS said:

Well hopefully people don't go back to private servers due to being unable to siege.  I'm not living in europe so it doesn't affect me but personally i'd rather spend my money on the developer to support them than a ps. In fact I bought the $50 package despite knowing there's a $42 option for that reason. 

Again I don't disagree.  I think it's a small concession to make to allow for more inclusivity.  I agree and respect it.

I just don't think NC cares enough, and has other obligations that they must keep.  Keep in mind that Korea is still their focus and the lack of attention the classic server gets there should be a good indication of what to expect here.

I don't expect complaining about it over the forums is going to get much traction either.  I don't know what would work, to be clear.  I just don't think this is it.

9 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Again I don't disagree.  I think it's a small concession to make to allow for more inclusivity.  I agree and respect it.

I just don't think NC cares enough, and has other obligations that they must keep.  Keep in mind that Korea is still their focus and the lack of attention the classic server gets there should be a good indication of what to expect here.

I don't expect complaining about it over the forums is going to get much traction either.  I don't know what would work, to be clear.  I just don't think this is it.

I am also not sure whether they are allowed to do it, no  clue how strict the agreements between nc and gameforge are regarding territory. I play from europe so i am directly affected. At the end of the day we are guests here, it was advertised as an NA release, so it is what it is. I´ll see how much this will be a problem for me or not, but playing on a private server is not an option for me, too much bad experience with rogue staff etc.

Guest Dorialex

how to download AIOn classic NA? For me the text next to the launch button in the bottom right isn't there so I cant change to Aion Classic. All I have is Scan File :( Do you have to have Aion already installed before downloading the Classic or something? Do you have to buy the Founder's Pack for early download? I can't see any option from NC Launcher to install AION Classic? any help?

36 minutes ago, Guest Dorialex said:

how to download AIOn classic NA? For me the text next to the launch button in the bottom right isn't there so I cant change to Aion Classic. All I have is Scan File :( Do you have to have Aion already installed before downloading the Classic or something? Do you have to buy the Founder's Pack for early download? I can't see any option from NC Launcher to install AION Classic? any help?

Can you post a screenshot? Check out this little guide here as well.

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/8524-aion-classic-server-or-client/?tab=comments#comment-88779

Archived