Forums

Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

11 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Yes, the author of the codex, Kiriak, extracted data from Classic last week when it got up for download.

@Coheed@Kibbelz thanks! 😊

So, on top of a monthly subscription we will have a pass with the ability to give players medals with which they can unlock gear, AP with which they can also unlock the most prestigious and best gear, along with plenty of consumables that will decrease the value of crafts. With the pass being character specific and can be auto completed if you choose to spend more money, allowing whales to just  buy it on multiple characters and instantly receive the items.

So it seems like NCSOFT is not even trying to revive the game, its just a scheme to prey on our nostalgia and get some quick bucks.

Well, this just killed my hype for the game.

Edit: Just to clarify, I have no issue with a montly subscriptions nor having cosmetics in the shop, pay2win items I do have major issues, as it is a strictly short-term method thats just trying to get as much money as possible before the majority of the population notices and people just quit.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, 5s2B0355 said:

So, on top of a monthly subscription we will have a pass with the ability to give players medals with which they can unlock gear, AP with which they can also unlock the most prestigious and best gear, along with plenty of consumables that will decrease the value of crafts. With the pass being character specific and can be auto completed if you choose to spend more money, allowing whales to just  buy it on multiple characters and instantly receive the items.

So it seems like NCSOFT is not even trying to revive the game, its just a scheme to prey on our nostalgia and get some quick bucks.

Edit: Just to clarify, I have no issue with a montly subscriptions nor having cosmetics in the shop, pay2win items I do have major issues, as it is a strictly short-term method thats just trying to get as much money as possible before the majority of the population notices and people just quit.

It's 9k ap per month. Just so you know full 50a2 is 4m ap and full 40a2 is about 2m ap. also so far no medals from it on korea. 

so that's not even 0.3% of the required ap amount. not game breaking. 

53 minutes ago, 5s2B0355 said:

Are we looking at the same pass? There are no medals, only coins (which can only be traded for PvE armor.) There's also only like one crown in the entire pass that you don't get until level 40. Those scrolls and potions aren't infinite either, you'll burn through them quickly enough and soon they'll be so abundant that you'll be better off just buying them with Kinah than resorting to the pass.

Guest NotAion Expert

People throw the term p2w literally at anything lately rofl.

Just look at those rewards honestly, it is nothing serious that someone with 4 hours game-time a day should cry about.

Couple hundred scrolls - really?
Couple hundred coins - really?
ONE, A SINGLE, MAJOR ANCIENT CROWN - 9,600 AP, are you guys serious? That is something you can farm in an hour of PvP if not less when the game gets a bit older, or you can even just farm mobs in the abyss. And that is ONCE a month, really?

The only thing you can really complain, perhaps, about is the enhanement stone bundles and that literally is the only thing you guys will pay 1,320 Quna for truly, because you will, stop playing the incarnation of justice of MMORPGs.

Do not get delusional, look at retail Aion, look at most f2p MMORPGs. Do you really dare to call this p2w what we are getting? And we even knew it that we are getting it, but you most act like it was not supposed to come. Let me give you a nice saying to you people I refered to with my previous statement.

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is.
And you must bend to its power or live a lie."

This is purely based upon the historian on the discord

People seem more concerned with potentially   being able to purchase the crown an infinite amount of times. The rewards being limited to 1 per month is not confirmed for NA 

Since we lack a "suggestions" section for things we'd like to see added to Classic or not added, I figured I'd drop this here.

@Kibbelz this is something we've never seen in retail Aion but could you maybe pass along to our corporate overlords the possibility of purchasing a "skill book" (even from the cash shop) that would allow players to understand (and maybe even communicate in) the language of the enemy faction? Role players would kill for such an item / feature rather than having to resort to using website based translation apps or player run shops.

• Aion Team
49 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Since we lack a "suggestions" section for things we'd like to see added to Classic or not added, I figured I'd drop this here.

@Kibbelz this is something we've never seen in retail Aion but could you maybe pass along to our corporate overlords the possibility of purchasing a "skill book" (even from the cash shop) that would allow players to understand (and maybe even communicate in) the language of the enemy faction? Role players would kill for such an item / feature rather than having to resort to using website based translation apps or player run shops.

Interesting suggestion to include a suggestions section! (woah that sentence) I wonder if others would be interested in that.

To others players: LMK if this idea from Jagblade is interesting? I can potentially make things happen if there's lots of interest!

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

Interesting suggestion to include a suggestions section! (woah that sentence) I wonder if others would be interested in that.

To others players: LMK if this idea from Jagblade is interesting? I can potentially make things happen if there's lots of interest!

I agree with this suggestion. Even the item to help Elyos Players RP with Asmodian players

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

I think that would be a good idea, an in-game item that allows to talk to the opposite faction? Even if it were for a limited time, I'd die to have it, though preferably obtainable in the game.

3 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I love this idea! 

8 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Not going to lie, you could turn this into a small questline even beyond that and again, role players would eat this up. 

Doesn't mean anything to me, but more interesting content is more interesting content!

I can see both views of the on this.

I'd like to have that feature when I feel like just chilling and doing some chill stuff (e.g. gathering)

On the other hand I don't really want it when I go PvP as that could lead to toxicity and we have already seen how toxic some people can get.

1 minute ago, Magistone-KT said:

I'd like to have that feature when I feel like just chilling and doing some chill stuff (e.g. gathering)

On the other hand I don't really want it when I go PvP as that could lead to toxicity and we have already seen how toxic some people can get.

Just make it toggle-able then.  Or, an item that only makes the ability to read the other language temporarily (a book in inventory that itself doesn't expire, but the buff it gives is temporary).

4 minutes ago, Magistone-KT said:

To this day, the only Asmodian word I know by heart is "Hde."

1 hour ago, Guest 121 said:

This is purely based upon the historian on the discord

People seem more concerned with potentially   being able to purchase the crown an infinite amount of times. The rewards being limited to 1 per month is not confirmed for NA 

It's confirmed. It was patched in korea and they told us we getting the patched version. 

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

Você já disse isso 3 vezes em 3 locais diferentes, se não vai jogar clássico, por que está aqui.

because I want to know if the current one will be abandoned... and I didn't ask you. so don't speak up

1 minute ago, Lustlee-DN said:

What time does the game go live on 23rd?  Sorry if its been answered, 16 pages is alot to sift through.

Get ready for kickoff tomorrow in Aion Classic's most epic launch event! Starting tomorrow at server launch, all players will be able to compete with others across the globe in several challenges. The fastest player(s) to complete each challenge will unlock exclusive titles of legendary status! The challenges are below:

First to reach level 50

First Brigade General of the first Legion to capture a fortress

First to reach 1-Star Officer Rank

First to gain Slayer buff through PvP

First team to slay Kromede the Corrupt

First team to slay Brigade General Bakarma

You can track the winners in each category as it is accomplished on our competition tracking page, which will be going live tomorrow on AionOnline.com. If you intend to compete, know that we are targeting launch at 9am PT (12pm EDT, 6pm CEST). Thanks, and good luck!

Archived