Forums

Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like confirmation on the Daeva pass please.

So it seems as if the title is for only one character.  I'm not able to claim it on any other character is that correct?

So when the 90 day pass preorder I purchased goes in to effect are the rewards for one character only?

The pass is account wide though right?

Thank you

@Kibbelz Sorry to disturb, but is there any word on when we might see additional skins and cosmetics added to the Quna shop? It would be a major disappointment if this ends up the same as the black cloud market which had been neglected for years straight.

I'm also curious if we can expect to see skins from future patches despite this being classic? The reason I ask that is because some of the characters at character creation are wearing outfits from the Empyrean Crucible clothing shop, something not accessible in this patch.

While understandable of why you would want the limitation of 1 hour for F2P players, that is not enough time for the gathering/crafting players nor the dungeoneers. Imagine going through a dungeon for an hour to get all rewards reduced. Before justifications for the system being botting or hacking is brought up, a paywall does not remove those issues. Runescape is a good example of how botting doesn't get erased with paywalls. Regardless of the conversations of P2W, the limitations on F2P Accounts make many of the better (opinion) abilities of a player difficult. Having more cosmetics that are buyable, and keeping the current boosts for buying are 100% acceptable to me. Limitations on the other hand are disappointing, unnecessary and dubious by nature.

Logged in so people can discuss with me if they feel the need to do so. However I firmly believe that the Aura in it's current state is not satisfactory.

3 minutes ago, Guest Jov said:

While understandable of why you would want the limitation of 1 hour for F2P players, that is not enough time for the gathering/crafting players nor the dungeoneers. Imagine going through a dungeon for an hour to get all rewards reduced. Before justifications for the system being botting or hacking is brought up, a paywall does not remove those issues. Runescape is a good example of how botting doesn't get erased with paywalls. Regardless of the conversations of P2W, the limitations on F2P Accounts make many of the better (opinion) abilities of a player difficult. Having more cosmetics that are buyable, and keeping the current boosts for buying are 100% acceptable to me. Limitations on the other hand are disappointing, unnecessary and dubious by nature.

Guest MyName

Where is my msg ? did i do smth wrong ? xD 

cant find Siel Aura to buy . I see only packs 20$ and 50$ . But i wahnt buy for 15$ . They didnt add yet ? 

1 minute ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

Don't you prefer Aion to be in every language that is spoken in North America, excluding minor dialects

National language of United States is English. People are free to modify their clients to fix their needs for other languages if they wish, but NCWest will not provide other languages. That job belongs to Gameforge, and they stopped supporting other languages as well except English.

9 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

National language of United States is English. People are free to modify their clients to fix their needs for other languages if they wish, but NCWest will not provide other languages. That job belongs to Gameforge, and they stopped supporting other languages as well except English.

I was reffering to you, it was aimed at you, do you prefer Aion in every other language in North America, I said North America (NA) North American isn't just USA. You live somewhere in NA, so do you prefer it or not so the French or Spanish speakers won't bother you. Not anyone else, you.

28 minutes ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

I was reffering to you, it was aimed at you, do you prefer Aion in every other language in North America, I said North America (NA) North American isn't just USA. You live somewhere in NA, so do you prefer it or not so the French or Spanish speakers won't bother you. Not anyone else, you.

No, I don't live anywhere in NA because I live in northern Europe, in a continent with multiple countries, cultures and languages, thus that doesn't bother me at all. You're crossing a thin line approaching me aggressively like this and I'm starting to believe to have a personal issue with me.

Guest Whitie
On 6/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

What an exciting day!! I wanted to take a moment to share the prepared developer Q & A that we published this morning to our News section. While most of our promotional content directs players to the official website (which is targeted towards returning players), I know those here on the forum may be more interested in the details of what Classic will be offering.

So please check out our Developer Q & A here: https://www.aiononline.com/news/aion-classic-announcement

Or just read a more brief version here:

What is Aion Classic?

Aion Classic is a server which has restored the contents of the original Aion service that began in 2009 so that they could be enjoyed again. It operates on a separate server from the currently Live server and will be provided as an official, ongoing service rather than an event.

What is the service version?

The content of the Aion Classic we are introducing is based on the original 1.0 update. This server features PvE content up to level 50 as well as Rift and Fortress Battles for PvP.

However, there are many players who experienced difficulties in the original Aion due to the high EXP required to advance. These issues have been corrected in Classic and adjustments have been made so that the highest level can be reached in a shorter amount of time.

The contents are 1.0, but the implemented client system is version 2.7 so you can expect to see a more balanced and optimized version. For example, Remove Shock Skills and the Two-Handed Weapon Integration System that allow Altered State escape have been applied.

How is it different from the version being serviced in Korea?

The basis of the Aion Classic Global Service is that the service being provided is identical to the original version. The West version will maintain the same Aion Classic contents / BM items / service format being provided in Korea as closely as possible. The contents and version are being prepared in the same manner as Korea.

Korea is currently servicing the updated 1.7 version. Likewise, West will begin with 1.0 then provide the 1.5 update / 1.7 update based on how quickly players progress through the content, among other factors.

Are the items being sold the same as Korea?

The Aion Classic item components will also be prepared as they were for Korea. BMs that affect combat balancing will not be sold, so a fair PvP environment can be enjoyed. Korea is currently only selling decoration items, Form Candy, Pets, and other change tickets, and the West will sell the same.

Is purchasing Siel’s Aura necessary?

It is possible to play Aion Classic without possessing Siel’s Aura. In fact, all free accounts will have Siel’s Aura for one hour each day (per account) to accommodate more casual players. However, after the first hour, Siel’s Aura will be removed. Experience, Kinah, and item acquisition are reduced after the first hour of play passes each day. If you purchase Siel’s Aura, you can play without any of these restrictions. Siel’s Aura will be offered in the following 30-day, and 90-day units to reflect subscriptions with the original Aion:

• 30 days = $15
  • 90 days = $42

We are also offering special pre-order packages that includes a specially crafted items for the West in preparation, so please be on the lookout.

When will access be possible?

The Western Aion Classic Official Service will begin on June 23, 2021.

In closure, we would like to say that while we may be far away, we look forward to being a Development team that constantly listens to and communicates with the voices of our audience.

Additional Community-Sourced FAQ's

We will update this Community-Sourced FAQ section as we see additional popular questions be raised via community discussion.

Will Aion Classic be Available in other Regions?

Our Aion Classic service will be accessible from the same regions as our standard Aion service.

Is Aion Classic Free-To-Play?

Each Account is permitted one hour of play without restriction per day. After which, experience, Kinah, and loot drops will be reduced. It was important to us that players who wanted to return to Aion, but keep their play very Casual, could justify doing so. We believe this model keeps a healthy balance between monetization and accessibility, and will welcome your feedback on the approach once the game officially launches!

How Many Servers will there be, and where will they be located?

There will be two servers at launch, Siel and Israphel. As of now, both servers will be run via AWS from the U.S. state of Virgina where our servers for the currently live version of Aion operate.

Will players who purchase Founder's Packs also receive the related Subscription perks?

Yes! Thanks to player feedback, we are ensuring that all players who purchase a Founder's Pack receive the subscription rewards associated with their Siel's Aura duration. For Daeva Pack owners this means an additional Title Card. For Empyrean Lord Pack owners (including those upgrading from Daeva Packs), this will ensure they receive that 12-slot storage pet to help make inventory management a bit smoother, among other things such as an additional Title and a Consumable Item Pack. We are in the process of updating our official Pre-order FAQ page to reflect these changes.

How will Daeva Pass / Cosmetic Purchases Work?
Aion Classic will be using a premium currency called Quna, which is available for purchase (but not obtainable via in-game methods). Quna will be necessary to upgrade the seasonal Daeva Pass to unlock Premium rewards, and can also be used to purchase cosmetics as well as account services from the in-game Quna shop. Quna is a currency specific to Classic and currently doesn't exchange to/from BCCoin and NCoin at this time.

Is it possible to add 15day sub with $7.5? i would love that

On 6/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, Guest Srkai said:

A LOT of people quit Aion because of how slow leveling was. I definitely think it is easy to find a happy medium between the absolute slog of 1.0 and where they are at today.

Actually most people left after it was put into super easy mode. Every time they changed the game play and made easier and easier to level the more and more people left. They took away lower level pvp and forced you to play end game. Thats when they lost the vast majority. 

12 hours ago, UnforgivingOG said:

Actually most people left after it was put into super easy mode. Every time they changed the game play and made easier and easier to level the more and more people left. They took away lower level pvp and forced you to play end game. Thats when they lost the vast majority. 

This right here. Please do not make the same mistakes again NC. I'm begging you.

You have people that will continue to pay for the sub as long as Classic remains Classic.

Lol What...Seems like people remember a completely different Aion back from when I played at release.

Aion was dead before 2.0 hit for several reasons:

1. Aion was hyped up to be the WoW killer. Turns out Aion was just a pretty Korean grinder.

2. Too much grind. This is the biggest reason why Asian MMOs do poorly in the West. Your typical Westerner player does not enjoy a lot of grinding.

3. PvPvE. Turns out that getting ganked and killed while you're trying to level isn't fun. It was manageable if you played during the months after launch. But if you started 6+ months after launch, GG. The low level areas didn't have many players so you couldn't get much help against rifters. Eventually new players were scared away from the game because twinks made it nearly impossible to level.

4. Boiling Blood Fenris/Miragent fiasco. Horrible grind just to need an RNG craft proc. This is where the game suffered a big hit. Saw several guilds die during this time period.

5. PvE to PvP. What I mean by this is even if you love to PvP, the best way to gain AP is to PvE. Dredg, fort instances, etc. The large AP lost at high ranks disincentives you to PvP. Also, for some classes, it was perfectly viable to PvP in Miragents/Fenris with level 50 AP accessories.

6. Poor faction balance. There was something like a damage or defense buff for the losing faction if the enemy took too many forts? That was basically it. The winning faction typically avoided it by letting the balaur take a fort. Also, with PvE being the best way to get PvP gear, the rich only got richer. With no access to fort instances, the losing faction just stayed stagnant while the winning side became stronger and stronger.

7. Poor optimization. The game runs terribly especially during sieges.

8. Dash of Daevas server merger event. The final nail in the coffin. In an effort to save the dying population, there was this big event where whichever faction took the most forts received a ton of AP items. Nearly every server was Elyos dominated back then so of course Asmo players were not happy with the mergers. TLDR: Asmos got stomped during the event on most servers and that killed the game for most players.

9. FF14 released around the release of Aion 2.0 or right before it. I can't remember. Of course this was pre Realm Reborn so that game was also rubbish, but people were eager to play something else so Aion lost even more players to FF14.

10. Godstones. Paralyze godstone. Nuff said.

11. Poor flight implementation. "Your target is too far way." Flight was one of the big selling points of Aion and you can't even fly in most areas. However, because the flight implementation is so bad, you don't want to fly anyway.

12. Class balance or lack thereof.

Do I think Aion Classic is better than current Aion? Yes. But it's FAR from perfect and still has many issues that plagued the game over 11 years ago.

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

At level 25 I did quests to go abyss, but now not get AP anywhere, NTC, quests, or kills.  I have zero AP.  Why would that be?

Are you a paid up subscriber, if not, there is your answer.

If you don't have a little amber colored icon at the top left of you screen called Siel's Aura which says State: ON when you hover over it, you are not going to get any AP.

I am a bit disappointed in this version. They should have named this one Aion Classic Kid or Easy version. This one has features implemented that started the downfall of Aion. I do love the UI and improved graphics, but the game has been made way too easy. The leveling is too fast, by the time you complete a quest for gear you have already out grown the gear, so those are pointless rewards. Gold drops are no longer rare and drop very regular. Some of the more fun quests and spy quests are missing, No level caps on instances(fail), Some of the quest are shortened, I have a 31 SM that is able to fear bosses ( These bosses in the Reail Aion Classic you could not CC ), and the bots are now in legions and formed groups farming areas. 

I like the questing and PVE as well as going out and doing PVP, but this set up has taken away from both sides. The PVE is now pointless and boring. My SM solo every campaign in Altgard  by lvl 16. So far my SM has soloed every campaign in Morhiem and the next one I cant start until I hit 33 and my gear has 0 Plusses to it, dont need it everything is to easy . No challenge in PVE at all. PVP is actually pretty decent and plenty to go around. I liked the pve content better when it was a challenge. I would really love to see them create a server with the real Aion Classic game play.  Remember when the golam in Altgard would actually mess everyone up or how there was no way to get away from the big bird in the desert. Three keys was required to do fire temple.  FT and NTC were actually challenging. Now you can just 3 man them no challenge at all. 

This one is close as it gets for NA and its ok, I just wish it they hadnt made it super easy mode and would have kept it challenging. 

Archived