Aion Classic FAQ

Arctic

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Guest Devir said:

Rifting nerf, spies quests removed, safe zones that started at 2.0 and went even worse on 3.0, avoid some player stay at they desired levels(twinks)

Lol, there are still spies quests and rifts in Aion 7.9. You can still twink nowadays and safe zones like Poeta, Verteron, Theobomos maps were there since Aion 1.0

34 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Lol, there are still spies quests and rifts in Aion 7.9. 

The difference is that you get 1 shot in a matter of 2 seconds, and have no chance to even use a potion. There's no PvP on Live server because the imbalance is that immense and whales are overpowered.

While I was reading people responses on this thread I noticed several saying that 2.X will be the highest version this Classic server will reach, is this true?, as soon we reach 2.X we will be stuck on there forevar? o.O

5 minutes ago, Naru said:

While I was reading people responses on this thread I noticed several saying that 2.X will be the highest version this Classic server will reach, is this true?, as soon we reach 2.X we will be stuck on there forevar? o.O

It's not certain. We just know it'll reach 2.7, after which it may stop or continue as something different than 3.0.

Will the servers have the same  raid/dreg times?

As west coast players already have a 'disadvantage' in reference to ping, can one of the servers at least have West Cost raid/dreg times?

Not fun having to have 70+ ping over other players and miss out on content because you think we all live on the East Coast.

Guest Question
1 hour ago, Guest Name reservation said:

is anyone going to be able to save their names on the 16th or only people who bought the founders pack? @Kibbelz

Aion answered this on Tw! it's for everyone

39 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

It's not certain. We just know it'll reach 2.7, after which it may stop or continue as something different than 3.0.

Oh gosh, I feel really hard to justify the monthly payment needed to play without knowing what to expect :/

7 minutes ago, Naru said:

Oh gosh, I feel really hard to justify the monthly payment needed to play without knowing what to expect :/

I disagree. Just like with any game, you don't really know what the next patch will bring. It's the same thing here, but... I rather doubt they will stop classic this abruptly knowing it's well successful in Korea. It wouldn't make sense to just end it with 2.7.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

I disagree. Just like with any game, you don't really know what the next patch will bring. It's the same thing here, but... I rather doubt they will stop classic this abruptly knowing it's well successful in Korea. It wouldn't make sense to just end it with 2.7.

I meeean, at the end is still a Classic server, and is not like they going to reach live servers version, they must stop at some point, at least on live version the worst you can expect is the server closing and theres nothing you can do about it, 

12 minutes ago, Naru said:

I meeean, at the end is still a Classic server, and is not like they going to reach live servers version, they must stop at some point, at least on live version the worst you can expect is the server closing and theres nothing you can do about it, 

There's rumors they're planning to progress classic into a different direction. I would need to search through the KR website and forum for that, but nothing is certain.

19 minutes ago, Naru said:

Seems you didn't see L2 classic.

L2 classic was different that the true old school classic wich made their classic not so classic. All update was different as the original up date. L2 live and L2 classic are now very different and L2 classic have followed an other time line but they put auto hunt on classic like on the live. i just hop that we dont get auto hunt on aion classic cause it boring to play with robot all the time.... for me an mmorpg loose all his meaning with a auto hunt. By exemple : you make a group, the only way to get contact is with external thing cause they are afk.... it totaly turned me off after waiting for a responce from a team mate for 2 whole day.

Guest madamada

@Kibbelz

Is the NA market getting a combined Siels aura & Daeva pass? i heard seasons coincide with the monthly sub, but theres two monthly fees

Daeva Pass sounds like a really bad idea, on the surface it looks like P2W creeping in, that could go down really badly with people paying  a lot to play and not getting all the game features until they pay even more.

3 hours ago, Guest st0n3 said:

They say you can even play for free, no fees xD

Go and check the restrictions of being a Free2Play player.

Although is possible to log into the game without paying, there wont be any reason to do so other than having a hard, boring, and meaningless time just for the nostalgia.

Free players will only be able to get kinnah, abyss and useful gear within the first hour per day.

Even if you reach endgame with a free account, imagine running an instance for gear wearing white common gears (most likely in a group full of people doing the same) and having to finish before the hour runs out, in other words that will only be achievable if your paying friends carry you.

Open world content will keep you face on the floor by subscribed rifting players and gathering abyss for 1 piece of abyss gear will take you several months just for 1 (of the cheapest) piece.

Yeahhhhhhhh, that F2P model is a gimmick! This business model only looks cool to get rid of bots and KR is full of them, so its not working.

At what time of the day on June 16 are we going to be able to download the client and reserve our name? Thank you.

Guest Starchild Apostile
5 minutes ago, Guest Shenkt said:

Let's address the elephant in the room...

Trevyn  returning?image0.jpg

Guest Shenkt
10 hours ago, Guest JOrd said:

Will the servers have the same  raid/dreg times?

As west coast players already have a 'disadvantage' in reference to ping, can one of the servers at least have West Cost raid/dreg times?

Not fun having to have 70+ ping over other players and miss out on content because you think we all live on the East Coast.

Dear Devs:

Ping reducing services worked well for classic due to the TCP design.

Have you considering fixing the code used to improve the experience for all without the investment in a 3rd party service to actually deliver a great game experience?

The underlying principle has been outlined here, and if you were to use it, it would benefit many.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100211025929/http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/70723-guide-lowering-your-latency-virtual-machine-linux.html

I live in Australia, built this myself, reduced my ping by half and was able to get wings out more reliably.

Please take the time to look at this link. Test it on a box and see how it reduces and improves your own experiences.

This is the service/product that sits at the heart of Exit Lag, Battle Ping etc.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Naru said:

Go and check the restrictions of being a Free2Play player.

Although is possible to log into the game without paying, there wont be any reason to do so other than having a hard, boring, and meaningless time just for the nostalgia.

Free players will only be able to get kinnah, abyss and useful gear within the first hour per day.

Even if you reach endgame with a free account, imagine running an instance for gear wearing white common gears (most likely in a group full of people doing the same) and having to finish before the hour runs out, in other words that will only be achievable if your paying friends carry you.

Open world content will keep you face on the floor by subscribed rifting players and gathering abyss for 1 piece of abyss gear will take you several months just for 1 (of the cheapest) piece.

Yeahhhhhhhh, that F2P model is a gimmick! This business model only looks cool to get rid of bots and KR is full of them, so its not working.

F2P players who are attempting to get PvP gear will likely not log on until siege time in order to be able to get AP

Archived