Full Subscription vs. Siel's Energy Model

Attestant

I think there are some issues with the Siel's Energy Model. There are two big ones I can think of.

• Siel's Energy Model is compatible with bots.
  • Siel's Energy Model is compatible with people sock puppeting and trolling.

With the full subscription model, you can eliminate botting and restrict who posts on the forums to just customers.

Bots subscribe in KR so they will more than likely subscribe here as well. Also WoW and FF14 have bots so subscription model does nothing against bots.

The only way to deal with bots is pro-active solutions like having a gm.

4 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Bots subscribe in KR so they will more than likely subscribe here as well.

Botting is a matter of scaling, yes they can subscribe, but it still hurts them when they have to. It also makes it easier to keep them out when caught.

Guest Unforgiven

Thats a good point. The free version they say is also for the casual player, but casual players arent going to be interested if they cant gain kinah and items. Most people I know that play casual will play on the weekends, but will play for 2 or 3 hours Sat and 2 to 3 hours Sunday. With this model it is  pointless. better to drop free mode and offer 30 day free trail. Also people playing for 1 hour are going to be real upset when another player comes along and kills them and just wasted their time

9 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

Botting is a matter of scaling, yes they can subscribe, but it still hurts them when they have to. It also makes it easier to keep them out when caught.

Tell that to NCsoft KR, Bots are a major issue and even tho they banned 1000s there have been 1000s to replace them.

1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Tell that to NCsoft KR, Bots are a major issue and even tho they banned 1000s there have been 1000s to replace them.

Addressing administration issues aren't really in the scope of my thread. That's separate thing.

8 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

Addressing administration issues aren't really in the scope of my thread. That's separate thing.

Your thread is about bots, I told you how a full subscription model will not fix a bot issue and that the only way for it to be fixed is active GM's. Pretty sure it was on topic.

Guest Vinley

KR requires a SSN to even make an account plus a subscription and they still ban thousands a week and it doesn't seem to make a dent in the problem.

20 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Your thread is about bots, I told you how a full subscription model will not fix a bot issue and that the only way for it to be fixed is active GM's. Pretty sure it was on topic.

I was focused about pay model. I'm just not caring to discuss administration at this time. It is on topic though.

1 minute ago, Motgar-KT said:

I was focused about pay model. I'm just not caring to discuss administration at this time. It is on topic though.

That is all well and good but it still does not change the fact that no matter what type of model there will be 1000s of bots. 

That is all well and good but it still does not change the fact that no matter what type of model there will be 1000s of bots. 

You need multiple things to combat botting. I was just suggesting one of many that should be deployed.

16 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

You need multiple things to combat botting. I was just suggesting one of many that should be deployed.

Bots just jack up the price of kinah subscription or f2p it does not matter. The subscription model we got is fine changing it would not fix the botting issue, We know this because the original Aion suffered from massive amounts of bots with the subscription model you are talking about..

Bots just jack up the price of kinah subscription or f2p it does not matter. The subscription model we got is fine changing it would not fix the botting issue, We know this because the original Aion suffered from massive amounts of bots with the subscription model you are talking about..

Having bots is just as bad as pay to win.

Guest Loadrng
25 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

No I don't have to.

Yes you do. Unless you are not going to play classic.

Every game has bots and this game was infested with it at launch and that's not going to change. The game was even p2p and it had tons.

It won't matter about siels energy because the casual player will see that and the price of a poorly managed game and play something else.

Bots will always be around. Even FFXIV is plagued by them and there's no denying that, the difference is they have an active team actually doing something against it, and those same bots even purchase the game and subscription, though that doesn't tend to last long.

I'm not too fond of the 1 hour free, because it gives too much access and there will be abusers. Trading, broker, party, loot and anything that is social related should be restricted at all times for free trial, 1 hour free or not.

Guys you can't reply to this with "bots will still exist either way". This is irrelevant to the thread itself. The thing is that the 1 hour window is only going to cause issues with bots having the ability to farm even for 1 hour. Nobody can actually play 1 hour per day and call it gaming as a legit real player. That 1 hour window won't make f2p a thing by any means but it would defo give bots a free to bot ability.

Someone with 24 accounts can pretty much farm 24/7 free of charge, the only thing he will have to do is play 1 account per hour. BUT that makes finding all his bots a much harder thing than having 1 subscribed botter that plays his account 24/7.

Can you really accuse someone of botting because his char was killing mobs for 1 hour? Anyone can do it , but a bot that kills mobs non stop of 15 hours every day is defo a bot. I know you can spot a bot even if you never saw that before by the way it acts and kills and GMs have ways to find it better I guess, but having to deal with more bot accounts is always going to be harder and we know that NCWest is never dedicated enough to this.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Guys you can't reply to this with "bots will still exist either way". This is irrelevant to the thread itself. The thing is that the 1 hour window is only going to cause issues with bots having the ability to farm even for 1 hour. Nobody can actually play 1 hour per day and call it gaming as a legit real player. That 1 hour window won't make f2p a thing by any means but it would defo give bots a free to bot ability.

Someone with 24 accounts can pretty much farm 24/7 free of charge, the only thing he will have to do is play 1 account per hour. BUT that makes finding all his bots a much harder thing than having 1 subscribed botter that plays his account 24/7.

Can you really accuse someone of botting because his char was killing mobs for 1 hour? Anyone can do it , but a bot that kills mobs non stop of 15 hours every day is defo a bot. I know you can spot a bot even if you never saw that before by the way it acts and kills and GMs have ways to find it better I guess, but having to deal with more bot accounts is always going to be harder and we know that NCWest is never dedicated enough to this.

They support botting, you won't get any decent conversation out of them. Cannot stress enough that these types of people are just as bad as Aion Live terrorists that come over to pollute our forum with their crap.

43 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

They support botting, you won't get any decent conversation out of them.  Cannot stress enough that these types of people are just as bad as Aion Live terrorists that come over to pollute our forum with their crap.

To quote myself.

The only way to deal with bots is pro-active solutions like having a gm.

You think your own opinion then when someone gives you an actual viable solution you go not relevant to my thread. I also told you how subscriptions do not stop bots all the major MMORPG's prove this. So what is this thread accomplishing other than you complaining about something that will not be changed?

Since we are getting 1.2 at release we will more than likely be getting the direct cash shop based RMT so bots mean nothing(In terms of p2w since ncsoft seem to be supplying that).

Archived