Jump to content
Forums

Full Subscription vs. Siel's Energy Model


Recommended Posts

Guest Motions
9 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

 

To quote myself.

You think your own opinion then when someone gives you an actual viable solution you go not relevant to my thread. I also told you how subscriptions do not stop bots all the major MMORPG's prove this. So what is this thread accomplishing other than you complaining about something that will not be changed?

Since we are getting 1.2 at release we will more than likely be getting the direct cash shop based RMT so bots mean nothing(In terms of p2w since ncsoft seem to be supplying that).

Your comment makes no sense. Even if subscriptions don't prevent all botting, it will at the very least reduce it and make it less lucrative. Anything that makes botting a smaller issue is already a step in the right direction.

 

Players without subscription shouldn't have access to trading at all, not even during their 1 hour of daily siel's energy tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Loadrng
10 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

They support botting, you won't get any decent conversation out of them. Cannot stress enough that these types of people are just as bad as Aion Live terrorists that come over to pollute our forum with their crap.

Good assumption. But not.

The problem is that you are not providing a valid solution to botting as Healing showed you and are ranting on people that got used to have botting in EVERY SINGLE MMORPG out there because it must be way too expensive to have people banning them 24/7 (that's my best guess).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

Having bots is just as bad as pay to win.

No it's not. Aion has always had bots  and hackers from the beginning, nothing new to see here.

Pay to win and pointless gear complexity resulting in imbalance are the real Aion downfalls. Rolling back to Classic is an attempt to fix that.

Edited by Ferk-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Guest Loadrng said:

Good assumption. But not.

The problem is that you are not providing a valid solution to botting as Healing showed you and are ranting on people that got used to have botting in EVERY SINGLE MMORPG out there because it must be way too expensive to have people banning them 24/7 (that's my best guess).

But what he proposed isn't "the" solution to botting itself in general, he merely mentioned that this is a loop hole that will be exploited in mass just like in Korea. The key thing here is "free botting" that makes botting appealing.

As long as you and I can log into a game, anyone can log and put a bot, paid or not. Active inspection is the only thing that can prevent it for good, but when someone pays for his bot account and then gets it banned this would hurt that person. If someone spent no money on a bot it is easier for that person to make more accounts since they are all free and has only his time to lose trying.

~~

Imagine having a society where for 1 hour per day anyone can go out and kill you legally, and people saying that this 1 hour will make more murders and people coming back and saying "yeah lets ban that 1 hour free kill per day, we will still have murderers". This 1 hour free playing is literally not a f2p friendly thing but a bot friendly feature.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest?

Quit hating on bots, they provide the love the economy needs.  No one wants to grind for hours/days. Let there be bots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guest Guest? said:

Quit hating on bots, they provide the love the economy needs.  No one wants to grind for hours/days. Let there be bots.

F2p players have shown us that people are lazy and must rely on bots and events to provide them with items they wish to obtain. Grind is part of any game, but RNG shouldn't be the main factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bots are the same as hackers or enable P2W. Someone can own a whole bunch of bots and obtain a bunch of kinah for their main, or they can sell that kinah for money and the person that buys is P2W. Supporting bots is supporting P2W and hacking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Loadrng
6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But what he proposed isn't "the" solution to botting itself in general, he merely mentioned that this is a loop hole that will be exploited in mass just like in Korea. The key thing here is "free botting" that makes botting appealing.

As long as you and I can log into a game, anyone can log and put a bot, paid or not. Active inspection is the only thing that can prevent it for good, but when someone pays for his bot account and then gets it banned this would hurt that person. If someone spent no money on a bot it is easier for that person to make more accounts since they are all free and has only his time to lose trying.

~~

Imagine having a society where for 1 hour per day anyone can go out and kill you legally, and people saying that this 1 hour will make more murders and people coming back and saying "yeah lets ban that 1 hour free kill per day, we will still have murderers". This 1 hour free playing is literally not a f2p friendly thing but a bot friendly feature.

And yet every single MMORPG fully P2P has tons bots, unless there is a staff actively banning them. Go figure!

The only thing a fully paid model would do is make kinah farmed by bots more expensive.

Don't get me wrong here. I also want a full P2P model, because at least bots are also paying to maintain the game servers, but it will not stop bots.

Only an active staff banning them can stop it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest Loadrng said:

And yet every single MMORPG fully P2P has tons bots, unless there is a staff actively banning them. Go figure!

The only thing a fully paid model would do is make kinah farmed by bots more expensive.

Don't get me wrong here. I also want a full P2P model, because at least bots are also paying to maintain the game servers, but it will not stop bots.

Only an active staff banning them can stop it.

I'll put it differently... a full subscription without 1 hour free play per day will stop the poor people from Latin America that will make 1000 bots to farm that 1 hour window. It is not about completely stopping the bots, but it will stop the vast majority of them.

As long as there is even a tiny fully free window, the amount of bots will be exponentially bigger, so lets get rid of 99% of the bots and then focus on those 1% bots that will pay. Once you ban a botter that had to pay for his account you already put that person at a loss and eventually making kinah farming harder for them.

If someone wants to have 10 bots he will have to pre-invest a 150$/month just to get the accounts and start grinding to level the chars, if he loses the accounts before they pay off he will be discouraged to do the same and risk losing even more money and time.

With the 1 hour free window, if someone wants to have 1000 bots, he can have them. They will simply farm for 1 hour per day for all they care, if that is not enough they will make another 1000 accounts. It is 100% free of charge.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...