Forums

Subscription and free trial suggestion

Arhangelos

Subscription and Trial options  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should subscription model and free trials be:

• ---> Keep it as it is, subscription for fully enjoying the game and free to play 1 hour per day for those that won't have subscription.
    • ---> Keep subscription only for full gaming. Free to play should be turned into free to login with all the limitations until you buy a subscription.
    • ---> Subscription for full playing, but also give people that reach level 10 a buff that allows them to play for free for XX:XX hours and once the buff is depleted they will have the ability to login for free with all limitations but no 1 free hour per day anymore. (explanation below)
    • ---> Make Siel full suscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), give Israhpel subscription and the 1 hour free per day. People can choose where to start their game anyways based on that knowledge.
    • ---> Make Siel full subscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), make Israphel 100% f2p (with or without p2w for all I care lolz I won't be playing a 100% f2p classic, Bye!)

I would really like to hear everyone's opinion on this without hatred and without name calling. Aion Classic has a potential to be an actual game and avoid everything that turned retail into an awful and dead game. I am not sure if developers will ever take this into consideration but giving opinions is free.

~~

--> Suggestion 1: give every new player the chance to get a 7 day free trial that will acts as a buff. It would work exactly like the "Lugbug's Whistle" (see image below for reference). This is a buff given in the form of a consumable, once you use it, it gives you a 15 day worth of buff that ONLY depletes while you are logged in. This means you could have this buff for a month, a year or ten years if you don't play 15 days in total.

lugbug-whistle.jpg

ALL the examples bellow will be for a 7 day buff or 7*24 = 168 hours buff, and all the calculation will be based on it, the buff could be 7 days, or 10 days or 15 in the end or whatever you suggest. I am only giving an example.

--> Affects bots: Bots will deplete this in 7 days, not enough time to generate enough kinah or reach a high level because this is not like retail that you can reach end game in 10 hours. Once this buff is depleted the bots is pretty much useless unless you start paying for a subscription.

--> Affects on actual players: New players that want to try it or people that know aion but still want to give it a try can benefit from this. No restrictions, once you log off your buff stops counting so you can log tomorrow and continue without a stop after 1 hour every day.

If your buff has depleted it means you played for 168 hours. If a player plays 4 hours per day that is 42 days of trying the game!!! If you play 10 hours per day that is 16,8 days. Plenty of time for you to see the game and know if you want to keep playing. You can still login for free but with all limitations until you buy a subscription

~~~

--> Suggestion 2: Make one server full subscription (e.g. Siel) without the free to play for 1 hour but keep the free to login feature and make the other server (e.g. Israphel) have subscription and 1 hour free play for free every day. If people think that 1 hour per day is enough to play, and if subscribed people want to co-exist in a game with myriads of 1-hour bots, then all power to them.

--> Suggestion 3: Make one server full subscritption with free to login feature enabled but no 1 hour for free every day. And then make the other server totally f2p play. That second server could either rely on micro transaction for convenience or give them full p2w tactics. People who cannot afford to play and are ok with being walking dummies for p2w people, and p2w people who enjoy being on top by paying will play there I guess.

~~~

The reason why I think the 1 hour full free gaming per day thing is wrong is that it literally gives people with 1000 accounts a ton of power once again. Actual players can't enjoy the game for 1 hour per day. People who want to try the game can't really feel the game if they constantly have to logout once the 1 hour expires etc.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Guest Devir said:

Make all server full subscription and instead of one hour buff put a level cap, for example level 9. 

33 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Remove the 1 hour free play, instead make it max level 9, prevent Ascension quest, prevent gathering in starting areas. That way people can play for the first 9 levels and get a feel of what the game feels like.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with this either since I know what Aion is and I am ready to already pay a subscription if I choose to play.

Just free to login only would still do it for me.

6 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I like the option Kubei/Devir presented, BUT I would make it level 15 or 20 instead of 9 to give people a chance to preview the gameplay after ascension.

Yes that is good, but they should also make losing XP on death impossible until (lets say) level 25 so bots cannot stay low level on purpose to be able to generate even that lower level kinah non stop. Take your pace, no time limit, just reach level 25, after that you can always login for free but to fully play you have to pay for subscription.

But then we have another issue, if you have a level 50 and you want to trade things, you could use your level 24 lowbie via account warehouse to do so. This is why a timed free trial would come more reasonable and secure.

So the reason they said up to level 9 is because until level 10 you cannot reach a warehouse, and starting maps don't really generate any amount of kinah enough to justify botting there.

In before you see Ishalgen having 10000 level 9 chars killing every single mob lolz.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Remove the 1 hour free play, instead make it max level 9, prevent Ascension quest, prevent gathering in starting areas. That way people can play for the first 9 levels and get a feel of what the game feels like.

Once you reach level 9 you should stop being able to get anything (after all level 9 is when you start the ascension, no need to go to level 9 and 100% in bar). Because trust me, someone would keep lowbies botting in starting maps.

I think the current system is good, Once i have 50E chances are i will not sub again till 2.0 comes out since the 1 hour per day will be enough to get potions/scrolls to continue to enjoy the game. It is a system designed to subscribe now unsub later which i am a fan of.

I should add that full subscription keeps the game alive, and you all should know that, but doesn't seem to be brought up much at all.

I want to add that having pay-to-win anywhere close to this game is a danger to it's well being.

13 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

I should add that full subscription keeps the game alive, and you all should know that, but doesn't seem to be brought up much at all.

It is not brought up because you are on the forums of a game that had to go f2p to survive. 

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It is not brought up because you are on the forums of a game that had to go f2p to survive. 

Current retail Aion is defo not the outcome of a good survival story though. The fact we are getting Classic and people demand a subscription and no p2w is proving NCSoft wrong in all levels of their choice to go f2p and insane p2w. Don't get me wrong, f2p itself wasn't the main factor, but their thought that p2w would make the game better and their wallets bigger.

They didn't go free to play to survive, the game was pretty alive back then. It was a tactic because plenty of games were like this and relied on side transactions in in game shops and they were quite successful. The success was that players could get drawn to a free game since it was free, some would stay completely free and some could buy side things. The games were full of people, many were free, others would pay and everyone was happy.

NCSoft wanted to do the same but they ended up making the game a p2w cesspool that only a handful of insane p2w people liked while the vast majority of people didn't and plenty quit.

There were of course a ton of other factors like the destruction of game in 6.0+ where they literally threw out of the window years of game design only to simplify it into nothing.

Current Aion is a game with no gathering, no crafting, no housing, no fishing, no farming, no flying, no pvping etc. They Benjamin Button their own selves.

1 minute ago, Motgar-KT said:

Or not, really.

Most industries have a sliding scale were the last 10% of service costs exponentially more as they rake in profits. Think of flying "first class" in an aircraft vs "cattle class".

What would F2P in an airline look like?

Guest Wootage

Only thing if Aion till lvl 10 is sht actually its sht till level 20 untill you reach morheim and later abyss , so it wouldnt really convince any new players to stay and play
thats just my personal opinion tho as a assassin i always hated early levels 

Guest Yuppi

What is interesting is that no one has said that they will use (or someone they know) the trial to play, without a sub. I expected at least 1 person to say that restrictions are not that bad and 1 hr is enough to play casually.

2 hours ago, Guest Yuppi said:

What is interesting is that no one has said that they will use (or someone they know) the trial to play, without a sub. I expected at least 1 person to say that restrictions are not that bad and 1 hr is enough to play casually.

That is absolutely true, the only people anticipating that 1h window is those who want to make multiple accounts. We already know what happened in KR, we can avoid it.

Guest Yuppi
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

That is absolutely true, the only people anticipating that 1h window is those who want to make multiple accounts. We already know what happened in KR, we can avoid it.

How would 1hr help them even if they have multiple accs? 1Hr wont be enough to farm anything and it would be boring as f. to sit there kill mobs and then switch accs.

7 minutes ago, Guest Yuppi said:

How would 1hr help them even if they have multiple accs? 1Hr wont be enough to farm anything and it would be boring as f. to sit there kill mobs and then switch accs.

Bots don't do it manually, KR has a ton of bots that log... farm for 1 hour... and then they close and a new account opens and starts over. Nobody is sitting down playing manually a bot account 24/7. Someone with 24 accounts could bot 24/7 free of charge with 1 account open at a time. In retail we have had people running hundreds and thousands of accounts because it is free. As long as it has something "free" people will take advantage of it.

If you have subscription only to have 1000 accounts you would need instantly 15.000$ per month to make them able to generate profit.
With the 1 hour free every day you can have 1000 free of charge, they will farm 1000 hours per day in total, instantly making revenue out of nowhere. They will farm when their hour is over until they reach end game so it is free leveling as well.

Ok I am totally 100% behind the Devs with most of the restrictions for the free to play (f2p), but I do have a few concerns.

I want to start off with my discussion on the subject of Kinah. Now if I am understanding what I have read, I am not able to receive kinah from mob drops or receive kinah as a reward from completing a quest. WHAT????? So yeah umm, that is a typo correct? Forgive me, but it has to be or someone hit the crack pipe to hard that day lol.  The game world and the real world is the same they both revolve around money to function.  Classic Aion required us to pay for our skills. They were not just given to us as they are now on the newer version of Aion. As much as I would like to think of myself as the most bad ass of players, I can not and that would be a lie. I sometimes have died from being over whelmed by mobs and I would have to pay some ungodly amount of kinah to the greedy Soul Healer so I can unlock my lost XP.  Crafting you have to purchase vials and other mats from vendors to be able to craft. 

Now let me bring up the matter of Crafting. Why am I able to craft, but I am not allowed to gather the mats? Hmm? Yeah, that'll be a  big fat No.  So Crafting is Out, so why even offer crafting if a key element to crafting is unavailable to me? Unless someone is going to tell me I can craft from the mats that drop, but just a friendly reminder not all mats drop. Hmm? Again, that'll be a No to crafting. 

So this Item Acquisition deal is a bit off the mark as well. Come on I am one that hates to farm for gear, but even I am willing to put the work in on getting an item if I really like the stats or the look of a peace of gear. So why limit Item Acquisition unless you really are telling people the game is pay to win (p2w).

Two possible Solutions for Game Play

Give f2p the basic game play 

Gathering 

Crafting

Gold (Kinah)

Limited XP (50% less than a subscriber)

Limited access to the Broker (only allowing the selling of 10 items)

OR

Only allow f2p up to level 10 and the ascension and then require a Subscription for any leveling  past the ascension. 

These are only my observations as well as my own opinions, but I believe they do raise some good questions.

Guest Yuppi
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Bots don't do it manually, KR has a ton of bots that log..

My bad, i assumed you were talking that REAL players will use multiple accs. Yea i agree with what you said.

1 hour ago, DrFeelz said:

OMG it just hit me its f2p just not f2p well. f2p players are nothing but cannon fodder for the raids bc lets face it your gear is going to totally SUCK lmao 

Very true.  Also i like your idea for limited EXP/broker instead of kinah/drop. 

Guest stinky
1 hour ago, DrFeelz said:

OMG it just hit me its f2p just not f2p well. f2p players are nothing but cannon fodder for the raids bc lets face it your gear is going to totally SUCK lmao 

that's because it's a free trial not f2p

Archived