Forums

Subscription and free trial suggestion

Arhangelos

Subscription and Trial options  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should subscription model and free trials be:

• ---> Keep it as it is, subscription for fully enjoying the game and free to play 1 hour per day for those that won't have subscription.
    • ---> Keep subscription only for full gaming. Free to play should be turned into free to login with all the limitations until you buy a subscription.
    • ---> Subscription for full playing, but also give people that reach level 10 a buff that allows them to play for free for XX:XX hours and once the buff is depleted they will have the ability to login for free with all limitations but no 1 free hour per day anymore. (explanation below)
    • ---> Make Siel full suscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), give Israhpel subscription and the 1 hour free per day. People can choose where to start their game anyways based on that knowledge.
    • ---> Make Siel full subscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), make Israphel 100% f2p (with or without p2w for all I care lolz I won't be playing a 100% f2p classic, Bye!)

2 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

Ok I am totally 100% behind the Devs with most of the restrictions for the free to play (f2p), but I do have a few concerns.

I want to start off with my discussion on the subject of Kinah. Now if I am understanding what I have read, I am not able to receive kinah from mob drops or receive kinah as a reward from completing a quest. WHAT????? So yeah umm, that is a typo correct? Forgive me, but it has to be or someone hit the crack pipe to hard that day lol.  The game world and the real world is the same they both revolve around money to function.  Classic Aion required us to pay for our skills. They were not just given to us as they are now on the newer version of Aion. As much as I would like to think of myself as the most bad ass of players, I can not and that would be a lie. I sometimes have died from being over whelmed by mobs and I would have to pay some ungodly amount of kinah to the greedy Soul Healer so I can unlock my lost XP.  Crafting you have to purchase vials and other mats from vendors to be able to craft. 

Now let me bring up the matter of Crafting. Why am I able to craft, but I am not allowed to gather the mats? Hmm? Yeah, that'll be a  big fat No.  So Crafting is Out, so why even offer crafting if a key element to crafting is unavailable to me? Unless someone is going to tell me I can craft from the mats that drop, but just a friendly reminder not all mats drop. Hmm? Again, that'll be a No to crafting. 

So this Item Acquisition deal is a bit off the mark as well. Come on I am one that hates to farm for gear, but even I am willing to put the work in on getting an item if I really like the stats or the look of a peace of gear. So why limit Item Acquisition unless you really are telling people the game is pay to win (p2w).

Two possible Solutions for Game Play

Give f2p the basic game play 

Gathering 

Crafting

Gold (Kinah)

Limited XP (50% less than a subscriber)

Limited access to the Broker (only allowing the selling of 10 items)

OR

Only allow f2p up to level 10 and the ascension and then require a Subscription for any leveling  past the ascension. 

These are only my observations as well as my own opinions, but I believe they do raise some good questions.

But if you are going to play Classic with the mentality of f2p then you are also accepting the fact that we will once again be infested by bots.

Your last suggestion is to allow people to play free until level 10 and then require a subscription. Their offer is more generous, they will allow you to play the game fully for 1 hour per day then you would either have to pay subscription or accept the restrictions.

You know this beforehand so there is nothing to complain about. Plus a free to play game attracts all sorts of people that end up destroying the game. If someone can't give 15$ per month to play a game he likes then he is so poor that he better look for a job, instead of asking a company to make their game for free.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  am not trying to start an argument nor was I making any complaint, they were only my observations and opinions and they were some good ones also.

23 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If someone can't give 15$ per month to play a game he likes then he is so poor that he better look for a job, instead of asking a company to make their game for free.

This was a bit harsh don't ya think,  besides the gamers and myself are not the ones that told everyone the game is f2p that would be NC so what is wrong with expecting a few common gaming courtesies like being able to earn Kinah and gear for goodness sake. You know the more I really think about all of the limitations and restrictions  NC is placing is really starting to irritate and chap my ass.

One hour, One whole free hour. Hmm? Yeppers, One hour,  that is all the time our loyal gold spammers will need to infest the game. Twelve years ago the Gold Spammers had to at least pay the $15 a month for every stinking acct they needed to bug the hell out of me. Then Nine years ago NC allowed gold spammers free range at us LoL.  Lets all just face it there're going to be gold spammers no matter what form Aion uses, hell they are still on Aion now and you are not able to trade gold or anything else pretty much anything else on the game. The Gold Spammers are never going to leave or disappear they have always been in the back ground and so gold spammers are apart of  the gaming nature now. Do not get me wrong I don't like them, but they are here to stay so everyone just needs to get use to them then click ignore and report. Personally I wouldn't mind NC shoving them all on a special ghost server instead of kicking them out of the game itself LoL lets see how long it would take them to figure they are only trying to sell to themselves.

So No Arhangelos,  I would have to disagree with you about One Hour being generous for any player that wants to enjoy the game as being offered f2p, but its great for Gold Spammers. The Special One Hour is nothing more than a honey trap to entice new or returning players to purchase the monthly fee and as a Marketing view point its a brilliant way to make money, however to tell players you can play this awesome game for free all the way to max level isn't correct. Simply because f2p players are not allowed to earn kinah and you need kinah for everything in the game.

Once again either make the game free with reasonable restrictions or take the offer of f2p off the table all together.

Thank Ya

DrFeelz 

1 hour ago, DrFeelz said:

So No Arhangelos,  I would have to disagree with you about One Hour being generous for any player that wants to enjoy the game as being offered f2p, but its great for Gold Spammers. The Special One Hour is nothing more than a honey trap to entice new or returning players to purchase the monthly fee and as a Marketing view point its a brilliant way to make money, however to tell players you can play this awesome game for free all the way to max level isn't correct. Simply because f2p players are not allowed to earn kinah and you need kinah for everything in the game.

Once again either make the game free with reasonable restrictions or take the offer of f2p off the table all together

You obviously read my messages wrong, 1h per day is NOT generous for f2p at all, actual gamers cannot enjoy the game for 1h per day. That 1 hour per day is only going to give kinah spammers and actual bots a big enough window to spam whatever they want and sell kinah without any restrictions.

And yes it was harshly written about being "too poor" but that is the actual state. At one point the community asked for a subscription based classic, with no p2w and what we are getting is a semi subscription that allows bots and thus enables at least kinah farmers to do their job which will lead to indirect illegal p2w.

Guest Guest dude

also, can make a bit cheap the siel blessing, give less restriction to free players and make the siel blessing tradeable. so, other players can sell at broker and game devs can get more than 1 subscription per player.  like entry boost pack on live servers. 
is better 100 players buy passes to 1000 players than 100 players only buy 100 passes. 

marketing dudes! 

Guest Devir
31 minutes ago, Guest Guest dude said:

also, can make a bit cheap the siel blessing, give less restriction to free players and make the siel blessing tradeable. so, other players can sell at broker and game devs can get more than 1 subscription per player.  like entry boost pack on live servers. 
is better 100 players buy passes to 1000 players than 100 players only buy 100 passes. 

marketing dudes! 

No, Aion is a PvP game and the kinah is very important, the idea of selling sub pack will kill the economy and this will be extreme pay to win.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest dude said:

marketing dudes! 

No. I rather pay a fixed $15 subscription than have any of that bs that EU has.

51 minutes ago, Guest Devir said:

No, Aion is a PvP game and the kinah is very important, the idea of selling sub pack will kill the economy and this will be extreme pay to win.

That's exactly what happened on EU. The idea of gold pack was fine in itself, but people who could actually buy it with real money had also the most kinah, and the economy became extremely inflated. Prices were fine during 6.0 release, now the price quintupled.

So yeah, no such thing here please, otherwise classic will just collapse in itself in weeks.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

No. I rather pay a fixed $15 subscription than have any of that bs that EU has.

That's exactly what happened on EU. The idea of gold pack was fine in itself, but people who could actually buy it with real money had also the most kinah, and the economy became extremely inflated. Prices were fine during 6.0 release, now the price quintupled.

So yeah, no such thing here please, otherwise classic will just collapse in itself in weeks.

The goldpack version was a disaster

Guest 10Chai

Some ppl do not realize there isa  lot of countrys in south America (yea its the south part of America) that cannot afford paying  15$ cause for some ppl its about half of they salary.

Guest Aiaiai
9 minutes ago, Guest 10Chai said:

Some ppl do not realize there isa  lot of countrys in south America (yea its the south part of America) that cannot afford paying  15$ cause for some ppl its about half of they salary.

In the netherlands many people pay 1000 dollars rent per month for a 2-person appartement. A month of gym membership is 30+ dollars.

can't relate indeed. is what it is

Guest Nederlander
36 minutes ago, Guest Aiaiai said:

In the netherlands many people pay 1000 dollars rent per month for a 2-person appartement. A month of gym membership is 30+ dollars.

If you were really Dutch you wouldn't make stuff like this up. 

Guest Nederlander
42 minutes ago, Guest Aiaiai said:

If you were really Dutch you wouldn't make stuff like this up 

Guest Yuppi
59 minutes ago, Guest 10Chai said:

True, and not only SA, Middle east/ north africa/ eastern europe and maybe some parts of asia, people from those areas would like to try it no matter the ping. In all those places 15$ every month is a big no.  I wish restrictions would be slightly lower so people from those places can also enjoy the game.

Guest Kaaskop
18 minutes ago, Guest Nederlander said:

If you were really Dutch you wouldn't make stuff like this up. 

Niet iedereen leeft in gesubsidieerde sociale huur bro

Guest Santa
9 minutes ago, Guest Kaaskop said:

Niet iedereen leeft in gesubsidieerde sociale huur bro

So, you're a jerk that wants everything for free. Looking on the way you use the Dutch language. 

Guest European
1 hour ago, Guest Aiaiai said:

So even here Geert comes around for his propaganda 

Guest Kaaskop
37 minutes ago, Guest Santa said:

So, you're a jerk that wants everything for free. Looking on the way you use the Dutch language. 

?! If you were dutch your english wouldnt be this terribad judging from your reading comprehension. Where did I want anything for free? lol @ u

15 minutes ago, Guest European said:

So even here Geert comes around for his propaganda 

Wtf are you even talking about. Met je kut PVV homootje

Guest Devir
3 hours ago, Guest 10Chai said:

Maybe this is not the game for them. I live in the US and i would like to eat Organic grass fed food and i know i cant do that because is too expensive, so i get what i can afford. Just an example.

Guest 10Chai
25 minutes ago, Guest Devir said:

Maybe this is not the game for them. I live in the US and i would like to eat Organic grass fed food and i know i cant do that because is too expensive, so i get what i can afford. Just an example.

And that why world its not going to get better caus ppl like you, why whold we need to fix the problem for others when im ok with things like it is... 

Guest 10Chai
32 minutes ago, Guest Devir said:

And that why things never change because ppl like you "im ok with things like it is, why wold i help other ppl and change stuff?" btw do you realize in few day from the start you will be playing in aserver with 50ppl population? 

11 minutes ago, Guest 10Chai said:

And that why things never change because ppl like you "im ok with things like it is, why wold i help other ppl and change stuff?" btw do you realize in few day from the start you will be playing in aserver with 50ppl population? 

I honestly doubt it's just going to be 50 people in terms of population. Is the population on Live servers any good? 200 people online on 1 server, that's approx 100 per side.

Here's what I'll tell you, and wouldn't be surprised if I get hate for it, but if you can't afford spending this type of money for Classic, you're off better playing Live or wait for Gameforge to release their version of Classic with the Gold Pack thing. When Aion launched in 2009, I couldn't afford the subscription either and waited til 2015 to play, but at that time it was already f2p. I didn't like that it was, because look how it ended up being.

Guest Yuppi
30 minutes ago, Guest 10Chai said:

This is what i fear. Without any trial players many will leave in 2-3months and game will be dead, (yes i will also leave the moment population starts going down). Also i agree with everything else you said.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:19 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Their offer is more generous, they will allow you to play the game fully for 1 hour per day then you would either have to pay subscription or accept the restrictions.

Arhangellos which other way was I suppose to have read this? So No, there is nothing Obvious about what you posted. I am only able to get the meaning of the words you convey yourself through your ability of writing.

Also could you be anymore shady and one sided on how you wrote up your little survey? 

"Make Siel full subscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), make Israphel 100% f2p (with or without p2w for all I care lolz I won't be playing a 100% f2p classic, Bye!)"

WOW really???? Now tell us all how you really feel LoL

NC is going to turn Aion into a p2w no matter what you and I say here and now, its only a matter of time. They will be able to make more money p2w once NC has fleeced you and the others out as much items as they can. Ok let me give you a sign to look out for. Increased items or packages being offer in the BC Market and potions or scrolls that give you more increased stats for PVE/PVP. Oh let us never forget the enchantment stone boost. The boosts that help in preventing the loss of enchantment stones, that way you want have to start all over again. The ODDS are so totally against you when it comes to enchantment stones. OMG can I have PTSD over enchantment stones. 

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

I honestly doubt it's just going to be 50 people in terms of population. Is the population on Live servers any good? 200 people online on 1 server, that's approx 100 per side.

Here's what I'll tell you, and wouldn't be surprised if I get hate for it, but if you can't afford spending this type of money for Classic, you're off better playing Live or wait for Gameforge to release their version of Classic with the Gold Pack thing. When Aion launched in 2009, I couldn't afford the subscription either and waited til 2015 to play, but at that time it was already f2p. I didn't like that it was, because look how it ended up being.

Actually back in 2009 and 2010 the Aion Devs were offering people all kinds of extra incentives to get people to play as an Asmo, well not everyone wanted to play the dark and gloomy looking guys everyone wanted to be Beautiful.  So get ready for more unfair advantages given to one side or the other. Do not let anyone tell you different those advantages are huge when you are defending your forts, because you have to work harder to kill them. Oh and just FYI the Asmos are actually the good guys in the story. So yeah and I always played an Elyos, but I thought I would share that tidbit of info to ya.  LoL I'm going to be making another Elyos Cleric.  I told you all of this only because everyone seems to forget most of the down sides and believe paying a subscription is the prescription for solving all the problems but with a game like Aion that has two opposing factions the Devs have to balance the game out in some sort of way, but who is it fair to. Neither side will give ground in the argument, because they both make  great points. I am totally amazed on how long WoW has been able to manage the balancing of the two oppositions. 

Archived