Subscription and free trial suggestion

Arhangelos

Subscription and Trial options  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should subscription model and free trials be:

• ---> Keep it as it is, subscription for fully enjoying the game and free to play 1 hour per day for those that won't have subscription.
    • ---> Keep subscription only for full gaming. Free to play should be turned into free to login with all the limitations until you buy a subscription.
    • ---> Subscription for full playing, but also give people that reach level 10 a buff that allows them to play for free for XX:XX hours and once the buff is depleted they will have the ability to login for free with all limitations but no 1 free hour per day anymore. (explanation below)
    • ---> Make Siel full suscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), give Israhpel subscription and the 1 hour free per day. People can choose where to start their game anyways based on that knowledge.
    • ---> Make Siel full subscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), make Israphel 100% f2p (with or without p2w for all I care lolz I won't be playing a 100% f2p classic, Bye!)

On 6/11/2021 at 7:14 PM, Guest stinky said:

that's because it's a free trial not f2p

Actually the game is free to play, NC actually says to you that a player can play the Aion all the way to max level without buying a subscription and you are also allowed One Hour everyday 100% free unfettered access to all the same amenities that are offered to someone paying a monthly subscription or the 90 day subscription (which is the better option bc you saving yourself $18). 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is scared and worried over Gold Spammers and Bots

Do you really think the One Hour of unrestricted Game Play is truly the best way to go about this? 

The game will be over run with bots, now allow me to explain how they are best able to achieve this. For the low low price of $42 (again i think is the totally the best value) Gold Spammers will have free range and unfettered access to farm everywhere on the game for 90 days. Then for one hour everyday the Gold Spammers are able to trade their goods and kinah to all of their alts and as well as continue to farm the essential  gatherable nodes needed for crafting. 

Paying a Subscription is not a Prescription to stop Gold Spammers and their Bots from ruining Aion. A Subscription only allows Gold Spammers to make more money.

Guest Guest?

I think we need to accept bots, unless all you negative nancy's are going to be grinding like them supplying the market. 

3 minutes ago, Guest Guest? said:

I think we need to accept bots, unless all you negative nancy's are going to be grinding like them supplying the market. 

I am not sure accepting would be the best way to put it LoL, but more like just tolerating them. Gold Spammers are every where and on every game. WoW players having been paying $15 a month for since 2004 (that's 17 years come Nov) so I have to ask, How are they doing it? Blizzard has been dealing with Gold Spammers all this time, hell the SOBs cut their teeth on WoW. So why hasn't WoW fallen apart yet? Answer, Loyalty. From the Blizzard Devs and their players.  Bliz and their players learned how to adapt and adapting is all we have to do as well.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Aion in just 10 Days.. I am so totally stoked over being able to relive those Happy Days.. 

Well, it was quite hard for me to reply on this poll, because I'm not very interested in Aion Classic. I think that Aion 7.x has its negative sides like rng and p2w but it's much easier to play than it was back there long time ago.

As for subscription model, I'd rather not play a full subscription game. From one point, full subscription is nice because it would drive out bots, however, it's not the way of Aion Classic because they have 1 hour of Siel's favor per day for free which is more than enough for bots. In my opinion, that looks much worse than the current retail version because it has all similar problems coming with an outdated game and low-quality graphics. Yet this is not friendly with f2p players because 1 hour per day starting from the moment you log in is not a good way of working because some ppl can only play on week-ends or some special days and they cannot devote 1 hour every day to a game. Moreover, 15 USD per month is too expensive for a game we all already played. I would maybe pay a subscription if it was let's say 5 to 7 USD per month but not more.

It's true that Aion retail has many p2w issues but however the items that can rather be obtained through p2w way are quite rare and still are available for f2p players. I think the most important is to have friends to play with and it doesn't really matter what game you are playing.

20 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

Arhangellos which other way was I suppose to have read this? So No, there is nothing Obvious about what you posted. I am only able to get the meaning of the words you convey yourself through your ability of writing.

Also could you be anymore shady and one sided on how you wrote up your little survey? 

"Make Siel full subscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), make Israphel 100% f2p (with or without p2w for all I care lolz I won't be playing a 100% f2p classic, Bye!)"

WOW really???? Now tell us all how you really feel LoL

NC is going to turn Aion into a p2w no matter what you and I say here and now, its only a matter of time. They will be able to make more money p2w once NC has fleeced you and the others out as much items as they can. Ok let me give you a sign to look out for. Increased items or packages being offer in the BC Market and potions or scrolls that give you more increased stats for PVE/PVP. Oh let us never forget the enchantment stone boost. The boosts that help in preventing the loss of enchantment stones, that way you want have to start all over again. The ODDS are so totally against you when it comes to enchantment stones. OMG can I have PTSD over enchantment stones. 

I have been against the 1 free hour since the beginning because i know for fact it won't be f2p friendly at all but it will be bot friendly. You haven't read whole posts about that issue so you assume I am for it, not my fault.

And yes my survey is my survey, if they told us classic would be f2p I would have been "bye" before it even launched and most people would also do the same.

If they turn it into p2w we will all be leaving and it will die once again. If I am going to play a version with awful speed, c.speed and attack speed and on top of that have p2w heroes then what is the point?

I am not saying Classic will be paradise, twinks will try to ruin the fun of it and legion politics will once again be a thing with sieges. As long as there is no p2w and a gazillion of bots, the game will be at its possible best. But I know bots will be there since it has that free hour.

17 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

Everyone is scared and worried over Gold Spammers and Bots

Do you really think the One Hour of unrestricted Game Play is truly the best way to go about this? 

The game will be over run with bots, now allow me to explain how they are best able to achieve this. For the low low price of $42 (again i think is the totally the best value) Gold Spammers will have free range and unfettered access to farm everywhere on the game for 90 days. Then for one hour everyday the Gold Spammers are able to trade their goods and kinah to all of their alts and as well as continue to farm the essential  gatherable nodes needed for crafting. 

Paying a Subscription is not a Prescription to stop Gold Spammers and their Bots from ruining Aion. A Subscription only allows Gold Spammers to make more money.

Full subscription would mean far far less bots, 1h free = a million bots available for free. We have explained this multiple times.

For someone to have 10 bot accounts with subscription that is 150$ per month on day 1, if they end up losing the account because of reports before they even manage to make enough kinah to compensate then they just wasted a ton of money and they will think twice to invest again. They also just handed the company 150$.

1h free to play means you can instantly have 1000 accounts, no need to spend a single dime. You lose an account... nothing lost other than time.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:15 PM, Guest Yuppi said:

True, and not only SA, Middle east/ north africa/ eastern europe and maybe some parts of asia, people from those areas would like to try it no matter the ping. In all those places 15$ every month is a big no.  I wish restrictions would be slightly lower so people from those places can also enjoy the game.

They wouldn't enjoy the game, the game would be ruined due to more f2p friendliness which would mean more bots. Eventually it would die off.

But I already have a suggestion for this, the last option is for Siel to be subscription only and Israhpel totally f2p. At some point people who can afford to pay deserve to have a server that they can enjoy the way they want it.

Guest Loadrng
19 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They wouldn't enjoy the game, the game would be ruined due to more f2p friendliness which would mean more bots. Eventually it would die off.

But I already have a suggestion for this, the last option is for Siel to be subscription only and Israhpel totally f2p. At some point people who can afford to pay deserve to have a server that they can enjoy the way they want it.

I think that he meant they could "regionalize" the price, as Steam and Blizzard do, for example. A $15 montly fee using a credit card to pay directly to Blizzard costs brazilians R$80, and the regionalized price costs R$42 in BRL directly, no credit card required. It's still very high, but half the price!

I know they pay server fees in U$, but even if they make "less profit" from SA, it would bring in a lot more people to the game and that is good in the long run.

Guest Yuppi
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Honestly, maybe have 3rd server, but with restrictions. Not 1hr but for example, 50%less exp/ap/kinah, lower item drop. That way people who want will move there and people that dont wanna sub will have to play there. Server will probably have queue so whoever wants to play this server, has to wait.

People! People! People! 

I think most of y'all are a bit overly optimistic if anyone believes Bots wouldn't be out in force with only a Subscription only base style. LoL Gold Spammers are freakin Blood Hounds, they will sniff out and track down the Money. Who is more likely to buy kinah so they are able to buy those kick ass skins to show off to everyone in their Legion. Someone that's obviously spending money for a subscription or the tight fisted f2p. Either way Gold Spammers will be found on every server. 

Let me ask everyone this. How many of you actually started playing Aion on September 22, 2009? Also How long did it take you to notice the Gold Spammers and Bots? I think I was a bit slow because I started complaining about them a few months later, because they were all crowded around the entrance of the Brokers and Banks up in Sanctum 

So PLEASE People stop crying over the  Gold Spammers and Bots, because they are the Cockroaches of the gaming industry, so just carry your can of Raid. 

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You haven't read whole posts about that issue so you assume I am for it, not my fault.

You really should stop using words like Assume and Obvious, because you have been wrong both times you used them when speaking in regards to me.  I never assumed anything. I have only quoted you from your own posts and those are your fault. Please slow down when you are reading because you have been adding extra words or omitting them all together. At what point did I ever say that you were for the Free One Hour game play. However you did say the Free One Hour was generous, but I do know now when you said  the Free One Hour being Generous was a typo on your part.  I never liked the One Hour bit from the git go. I have always said to make either Subscription only or Free to Play, but when people see F2P their undies get all in a bunch LoL, because OMG the Bots and P2W.. Geez how naive are most of y'all to think Aion isn't going to go to a F2P again. NC made Aion F2P after only what 3 years of the games launch.

Honestly people were more pissed off over all the damn Hackers  stealing their gear and then making Twinks in the game more so than the Gold Spammers/Bots.  So do not forget about the Hackers you will need to deal with. 

3 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

Honestly people were more pissed off over all the damn Hackers  stealing their gear and then making Twinks in the game more so than the Gold Spammers/Bots.  So do not forget about the Hackers you will need to deal with. 

Honestly I think that what ruined the game were the twinks and/or the geared people harassing people leveling or trying to get something done. I remember when I could not step outside Hoarfrost because I'd get insta killed by rangers, sins or a group of geared Elyos. And there was no other place for me to do quests iirc. Not the best memories.

I'm sure it will happen again, but now the debuffs for rifting are already in the game from day 1. That MIGHT reduce the griefing a little bit.

8 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

You really should stop using words like Assume and Obvious, because you have been wrong both times you used them when speaking in regards to me.  I never assumed anything. I have only quoted you from your own posts and those are your fault. Please slow down when you are reading because you have been adding extra words or omitting them all together. At what point did I ever say that you were for the Free One Hour game play. However you did say the Free One Hour was generous, but I do know now when you said  the Free One Hour being Generous was a typo on your part.  I never liked the One Hour bit from the git go. I have always said to make either Subscription only or Free to Play, but when people see F2P their undies get all in a bunch LoL, because OMG the Bots and P2W.. Geez how naive are most of y'all to think Aion isn't going to go to a F2P again. NC made Aion F2P after only what 3 years of the games launch.

I will stop replying to you because you do get fragments of conversations and replies to other people, but I'll do it one last time. The "generous" thing was a reply for a person asking for more f2p but then proposing to the same post to allow free to play until level 9 which made no sense. I told him that if he thinks that free to play is good until level 9 then NCSoft is already more generous allowing for the f2p to exist for 1 hour every day unrestricted.

This is the post of the reply:

8 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

Geez how naive are most of y'all to think Aion isn't going to go to a F2P again. NC made Aion F2P after only what 3 years of the games launch.

...nobody assumed anything, stop putting words into our mouths, adding more words or removing. I personally said the day they will go f2p or p2w, Classic will simply die.

11 hours ago, Guest Yuppi said:

Honestly, maybe have 3rd server, but with restrictions. Not 1hr but for example, 50%less exp/ap/kinah, lower item drop. That way people who want will move there and people that dont wanna sub will have to play there. Server will probably have queue so whoever wants to play this server, has to wait.

I doubt we will have enough people for 3 servers, and if we do it will be great. But we already have 2 servers, they could make one server fully subscription and one with the way they actually will make the servers 

This is suggestion No4 in the poll.

People who are willing to pay that 15$ per month should have a server dedicated to them. Catering to both subscription and f2p is pretty much not catering to any of the two.

If it's $15.- a month like before and like most MMROPG and the EU players will have the same average price for MMOPRG games it's €13.- for EU players, for €13.- is the average monthly fee. However most games give a discount if you pay for  several months at once, so it won't be $15.- or €13.- a month.

If they do it like old Aion, they need at least 2 servers per time zone. Since you weren't allowed to make two factions on the same server using one account.

Guest ohohmeso

the best alternative is to make the free trial just that: a trial. You get to level to level 10 or 15 and then everything is turned off until you sub. If you want f2p, you have to go play the f2p aion. If you want to play classic you have to be:

1) not a botter
2) a botter whose profits will pay for your sub
3) willing to fork over some dojo

ezday

Guest Yuppi
10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I doubt we will have enough people for 3 servers, a

I actually believe aion classic will need 3rd server no matter what. I remember being told that when classic Korea opened, they had to create new servers the next day cuz of queues. I agree that people that pay should get their money worth, but still i think people that dont have income (there are a lot of bad things happening IRL now), deserve to play as well, even if its with restriction on a separate server.

7 minutes ago, Guest Yuppi said:

I actually believe aion classic will need 3rd server no matter what. I remember being told that when classic Korea opened, they had to create new servers the next day cuz of queues. I agree that people that pay should get their money worth, but still i think people that dont have income (there are a lot of bad things happening IRL now), deserve to play as well, even if its with restriction on a separate server.

Lets hope we get even more then. And yeah, they could have a totally f2p server for those that can't, but they would probably also have p2w there.

Free to Play (F2P) is not the coming of the  Anti-Christ. But I do believe some people are confused and mixed up when they are thinking of Pay to Win (P2W.)

What does P2W mean to you? Can you give me an example of what you think P2W is?

Guest Devir
17 minutes ago, DrFeelz said:

Free to Play (F2P) is not the coming of the  Anti-Christ. But I do believe some people are confused and mixed up when they are thinking of Pay to Win (P2W.)

There are two kind of MMORPGs Pay to play or Free to Play, every single F2P game have something pay to win, even if you look at Guild Wars 2 one of the most business friendly in the f2p market  there are some stuffs bordering the edge.

Guest st0n3

U can buy unlimited number of kinah from other players in aion, no matter the payment model. What else do people need to count game p2w? Those who're gonna pay will win, this way or another. 

16 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I will stop replying to you because you do get fragments of conversations and replies to other people, but I'll do it one last time. The "generous" thing was a reply for a person asking for more f2p but then proposing to the same post to allow free to play until level 9 which made no sense. I told him that if he thinks that free to play is good until level 9 then NCSoft is already more generous allowing for the f2p to exist for 1 hour every day unrestricted.

This is the post of the reply:

...nobody assumed anything, stop putting words into our mouths, adding more words or removing. I personally said the day they will go f2p or p2w, Classic will simply die.

You seem to be very hostile and I am not sure why or at least that is how you are coming off. All I've done was agree with you for most of the ideas you had, but I did disagree with a few of them as well. Are you upset because I defended my opinions. I was always respectful towards you and never insulting. Ok I will apologize to you if you felt as if I was referring to you as being Naive. I'll admit maybe I shouldn't have expressed myself so obtuse towards my gaming family. You were not to know that when someone uses the words Obviously and Assumed negatively towards me I get defensive. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Hmm?? Ya know I just might have to take back my apology if you are an Asmo LoL joking .. maybe 🤣

Archived