Eu server/ping/siege times

Guest Traumatic

Guest Tsunahmie

https://ibb.co/4YsJp2r this is my ping to current NA servers from EU with exitlag

ping is stable and works fine within 6ms 99% of the time

As for siege times? No idea but theres been a few posts about that now already including OCE siege times being asked for.

Guest Mordran
On 6/12/2021 at 12:48 AM, Guest Traumatic said:

Excuse me will there be a server for EU players for ping and siege times etc?

NCsoft does not have the publishing rights in the EU for AION, Gameforge has. So it´s their part to decide. Afaik there was no decision made yet by Gameforge. I guess if Aion Classic is a success in the US they might consider it.

10 hours ago, Guest Mordran said:

NCsoft does not have the publishing rights in the EU for AION, Gameforge has. So it´s their part to decide. Afaik there was no decision made yet by Gameforge. I guess if Aion Classic is a success in the US they might consider it.

What this has to do with the OP question?

They opened Lineage 2 and even Aion servers with EU time-zones, even if they were located in NA. NcSoft retain the rights to open whatever servers with whatever timezones they want, as long as they don't advertise them as "EU Servers".

On 6/13/2021 at 9:52 AM, FictionGirl-DN said:

If Aion classic attracts enough players, the servers should be crowded 24/7, since North America, Europe and Australia will be playing it. Wouldn't it be better if they check when most are logged in and put sieges on those hours?

They could have had a different server for different time zone. I am more than sure the EU-zone servers would be more populated.

6 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They could have had a different server for different time zone. I am more than sure the EU-zone servers would be more populated.

There's a lot of EUers coming to NA to play, and if this is really some sort of "global" release, they should consider.

34 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

There's a lot of EUers coming to NA to play, and if this is really some sort of "global" release, they should consider.

Exactly, plus EU has the mmorpg gaming countries, Poland, Hellas, ex-USSR slavic countries play a lot of mmorpgs. In Lineage II my country had a server almost exclusively populated by Hellenes. This is why EU has far more players and servers.

Russians themselves are so mmorpg addicted they have their own servers.

Also NA servers are mostly populated due to South Americans which aren't getting addressed in Classic due to the subscription being kinda expensive for them.

If there is a flock of EU players that hit the NA servers, NCsoft West will act accordingly, maybe a tad slow, but they will eventually sort it out, more players equals more bucks.

It's guesswork atm, because the only thing they have to go off are the pre-orders for the Siel Aura packs. They will know more when people actually start downloading the Aion Classic game client day after tomorrow. Counting the number of downloads, and the region they are going to will be important data to help plan future servers.

Guest Mordran
18 hours ago, IceAge said:

What this has to do with the OP question?

They opened Lineage 2 and even Aion servers with EU time-zones, even if they were located in NA. NcSoft retain the rights to open whatever servers with whatever timezones they want, as long as they don't advertise them as "EU Servers".

He asked for EU-Servers so it wasn´t clear for me whether he meant something above Servertimes. Relax please...

You don't need EU specific servers, just make it so one day a week the siege time suits EU players.

Siege times are something the NCsoft West team can control. They have done it before, even had surveys on preferred siege times.

Guest Misty

siel will be more populated yes and more players mean more lag at the end and more caos and more ganking elten/morheim.
I do not advise you go alone at all and always stay with people.
a bird whispered be that "Plan B and Storm" is back.. eu knows what i am talking about= they live for pvp only.

In discord people got question what server they will go on

atm 2000 on siel and 300 on sapriel.

ncsoft west are allowed to control siege times even it is eu friendly times but they cant annouce it as "eu" server.
we have see couple of weeks how it will look like.

Deducing server population off of discord is not wise. Not everyone is on that server, because it's NOT an official server. Israphel Asmodian side was second to be locked for character creation, right after Siel Asmo. That alone should tell you something.

My goodness this question needs to be pinned and addressed by the staff so it can be put to rest.

This is a North American release.
They are under no obligation to make concessions for other regions, time zones or countries.
Whether or not they can is, for the most part, irrelevent.  
When a company signs contracts for services to support the client, there are requirements and obligations that must be met.  Often, this can include acknowledgements of peak times based on in-game events and scheduling as to ensure that the servers will have additional support during scheduled / anticipated peak times.

I don't disagree that this wouldn't be difficult for them to do.  
That doesn't really change the fact that they simply won't.

Archived