UI Addons?

Guest Estufa

Guest Estufa

Title says it all for the most part. Do UI addons exist for aion classic? I ask because I noticed we simply don't have enough action bars outside of the two quickbars that require a bind just to switch to a new set of bars. Really hoping we have an option to just place more visible bars on our screen! 

Guest Vinley

There are 4 basic quickbars and 2 additional quickbars that can be moved.

In this version of the game it's more than enough, and every individual quickbar slot can be customized.

13 hours ago, Guest Estufa said:

Title says it all for the most part. Do UI addons exist for aion classic? I ask because I noticed we simply don't have enough action bars outside of the two quickbars that require a bind just to switch to a new set of bars. Really hoping we have an option to just place more visible bars on our screen! 

AION never allowed addons of any kind and I do not see that changing. There is plenty of bars though like other said you can change binds with modifiers.. With that being said, I  wish there could be some at least QoL in the  settings so  there can be  mouse over macros, so as a healer I do not have to click on a frame just hove over it. I have  gotten so used to mouse over and the thought of having to actually click the frame... or use the F keys to cycle is just so backwoods. 

Guest Estufa
On 6/13/2021 at 6:05 AM, Retta-DN said:

AION never allowed addons of any kind and I do not see that changing. There is plenty of bars though like other said you can change binds with modifiers.. With that being said, I  wish there could be some at least QoL in the  settings so  there can be  mouse over macros, so as a healer I do not have to click on a frame just hove over it. I have  gotten so used to mouse over and the thought of having to actually click the frame... or use the F keys to cycle is just so backwoods. 

Wait, I just assumed because we have macros in game that we could setup things like mouse over? Ooof that sucks. And yeah I mean at least having the ability to modify one's UI through in game options like Warhammer Age of reckoning would be very welcome. 

I don't think there's ever going to be add-ons, but if you're struggling with hotkeys what I do is use 1-5 and add shift+, ctrl+, alt+, shift+alt+, ctrl+alt+, as well as Q, E, R, T, F, Z, X, and V for hotkeys back in 4.x and it made hotkeys manageable without me having to move my hand too far and accidentally lose my home positioning. Make sure you enable all quickbars in the settings. With classic abilities you wont be filling every quickbar with must have hotkeys

4 hours ago, Migojio said:

I don't think there's ever going to be add-ons, but if you're struggling with hotkeys what I do is use 1-5 and add shift+, ctrl+, alt+, shift+alt+, ctrl+alt+, as well as Q, E, R, T, F, Z, X, and V for hotkeys back in 4.x and it made hotkeys manageable without me having to move my hand too far and accidentally lose my home positioning. Make sure you enable all quickbars in the settings. With classic abilities you wont be filling every quickbar with must have hotkeys

Or just buy a 9-12 side buttons mouse to play 90% of the MMOs? There are very cheap options out there.

Edit: You still have to use Shift and Ctrl, sure, but not combined lol. I couldn't even begin to imagina how it is to play Aion without a 9+ buttons mouse (currently I own a Corsair Scimitar and a Warrior Moray, and I honestly prefer the Moray because its smaller).

6 hours ago, Loadrng said:

Or just buy a 9-12 side buttons mouse to play 90% of the MMOs? There are very cheap options out there.

I got a 2 button Logitech mouse, I played a couple of Aion private servers and only really used the buttons for popping wings and one other thing like a healing pot or something. The way I hotkey things I can have just about every ability I need hotkeyed, I only use the combinations of shift, alt, and ctrls for high CDs I shouldn't be spamming like IS, EA, DP skills and whatnot. 1-5 with the letter keys I mentioned, that's 13 keys which is more than using 1-0 which is 10 keys. I would get a mouse with more buttons but so far I'm happy with the one I got, my hand fits on to the mouse comfortably

Guest Wrath
On 6/12/2021 at 9:14 PM, Luciria-DN said:

Any type of 3rd party Add-ons will result in a ban that may be temporary or permanent. This doesn't include lag, or IP assistance. Anything else that can effect the interface or gameplay itself will get you in trouble. 

Except para vanilla tools, which I’ve never seen anyone banned for cheating the game, unless you get caught while streaming.

6 hours ago, Migojio said:

I got a 2 button Logitech mouse, I played a couple of Aion private servers and only really used the buttons for popping wings and one other thing like a healing pot or something. The way I hotkey things I can have just about every ability I need hotkeyed, I only use the combinations of shift, alt, and ctrls for high CDs I shouldn't be spamming like IS, EA, DP skills and whatnot. 1-5 with the letter keys I mentioned, that's 13 keys which is more than using 1-0 which is 10 keys. I would get a mouse with more buttons but so far I'm happy with the one I got, my hand fits on to the mouse comfortably

...you are not pro unless you click even the main number hotkeys!!! Just kidding, I have a mouse with like 2 side buttons, two normal on top and the wheel that also has a click.

I am regarding getting a multi button mouse for Aion eventually. So many skills and so few fingers to click on them. Also I never understood how do people click alt+any key. Shoft and ctrl are easily clicked with the pinky.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...you are not pro unless you click even the main number hotkeys!!! Just kidding, I have a mouse with like 2 side buttons, two normal on top and the wheel that also has a click.

I am regarding getting a multi button mouse for Aion eventually. So many skills and so few fingers to click on them. Also I never understood how do people click alt+any key. Shoft and ctrl are easily clicked with the pinky.

May I barge in and actually do recommend a mouse with multiple buttons? At least in my personal experience (and small hands), it helps a lot. I have it macro'd in the program to be numpad and that's how I bind my keys in every game. Works like a charm.

16 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

May I barge in and actually do recommend a mouse with multiple buttons? At least in my personal experience (and small hands), it helps a lot. I have it macro'd in the program to be numpad and that's how I bind my keys in every game. Works like a charm.

I'll defo get me one at some point. I have been slacking all these years lol. My right hand's thumb could literally click a gazillion buttons on the left side of the mouse. I have remove shock and healing potion at the moment in those 2 buttons.

Guest Estufa
21 hours ago, Migojio said:

I was coming from my tbc/wrath arena binds mindset, where I not only had focus macros but 3 separate binds for every major CC and a few instant damage spells, along with mouse over macros and pet/totem targeting. I'm no stranger to mass amounts of binds as I swap mouse button 4/5 with crtl/alt to make all the crtrl/alt -1-5 and letter keys far easier to use. I also switch windows key/caps/tab with f9/10/11 for extra bind potential. That combined with angling my keyboard like one would see counter strike players do so my thumb can easily reach all the way to U/J/M and well I got used to an inordinate amount of binds haha. 

That being said, I was unaware that this game doesn't have many of the systems - arena/battlegrounds/mouseover - that I use so many binds for and so it's not that big of a deal. 

Also, I am a major FPS player and so I've always used fps mice; I can't stand mmo mice having tried literally all of the major brands out there. They are clunky, heavy, and just feel terrible to me. 

Archived