Exp Gains, Loots, etc from launch until activation of Siel's Aura.

Guest Observer

Guest Observer

So Aion Classic will launch on June 23 while Siel's Aura will activate on June 30. So for the first week after launch are all accounts treated as "free trials" and will gain limited EXP until Siel's Aura activates? Not exactly the ideal scenario especially if you want to max level ASAP.

Guest Motion

So for the first week after launch are all accounts treated as "free trials" and will gain limited EXP until Siel's Aura activates

Yeah totally seems like what's going to happen, lol

Guest Devir

I think it will work like in Korea, this first week everybody  will have full benefits like if you be a subscriber, and i think this will happen because dont expect a flawless week, there will be servers crash, queue, lag. Maybe they will open new servers and lock some factions.

45 minutes ago, Migojio said:

Everyone probably will be treated as a sub account until the 30th so that way everyone is paying on the last day of the month every month 

Imagine if this was their goal... someone coming in mid August and wants to play "yall need to wait till September 1st to start playing so as not to ruin the flow" 😆

Subscription is 30 days, not a calendar month worth of days.

It won't be worth it if you have to pay, the disrespect of this company with the players who bought the Full version of this game in the past is enough, paying 15 Doletas a month and then being free, and now it comes with the same scam, or whoever n pay if he nyerks, and is left behind !!! This game has already broken before it even started, at the very least consideration was to have equal advantages for everyone!!! Aion's bad ADM I don't give a month for the guys who will have disadvantages to disband the game!!! When you go to the rifit or I'm seeing you farm and start taking gank from gringo already Full set PVP then I want to see

31 minutes ago, 2sC326F said:

It won't be worth it if you have to pay, the disrespect of this company with the players who bought the Full version of this game in the past is enough, paying 15 Doletas a month and then being free, and now it comes with the same scam, or whoever n pay if he nyerks, and is left behind !!! This game has already broken before it even started, at the very least consideration was to have equal advantages for everyone!!! Aion's bad ADM I don't give a month for the guys who will have disadvantages to disband the game!!! When you go to the rifit or I'm seeing you farm and start taking gank from gringo already Full set PVP then I want to see

Why are you even here then lol. Just move on to play something else.

Guest Narmina

Money have to come from anywhere. servers are not free.

You bought game? ok good. but what does it changes? electricity, people to manage servers, Kibbelz our CM, all those thing are not free. Also, yes, NCsoft has some investors they also wants money, if they don't have they leave => no more NC => no more aion.

Back in beta of FFXIV ARR there was some people like you "we already buy the game, it is stupid to have a sub in a modern MMORPG" and other shit. FFXIV has subscription + storage subscription (retainers) + phone app subscription + cash shop. We will have subscription to play a cash shop "like in koera" for now full cosmetic, and this daeva pass which, for what i heard from people playing in korea is not so important (they didnt buy it and don't feel weaker due to this)

People nowadays wants free games. but it is stupid. while i dislike cash shop in wow/FFXIV and will dislike this on Aion, because for me, it is "or subscription, or cash shop, not both" i won't say "lol have to be free".
And there is a mistake, they claim the free2play version as a TRIAL version, they clearly say it. Like WoW get a free2play version, until lvl20, or FFXIV a F2P until lvl70 (so first xpac, we are now close the end 4th FFXIV xpac). and they are game with close to nothing to do (except story) if not in the current xpac.
On Aion, the trial version is "all content avaible, but, you can't make money from farm". Another way, But Aion Classic will be a subscription game.

On 6/13/2021 at 12:28 PM, Guest Observer said:

So Aion Classic will launch on June 23 while Siel's Aura will activate on June 30. So for the first week after launch are all accounts treated as "free trials" and will gain limited EXP until Siel's Aura activates? Not exactly the ideal scenario especially if you want to max level ASAP.

On the Korean patch note of Aion Classic release there is this :
※ However, between 11/11~11/18 the Siel’s Energy is active all the time and you can play for free without any restrictions.

We will probably have same thing for june 23th => june 30th

25 minutes ago, Guest Narmina said:

People nowadays wants free games. but it is stupid. while i dislike cash shop in wow/FFXIV and will dislike this on Aion, because for me, it is "or subscription, or cash shop, not both" i won't say "lol have to be free".
And there is a mistake, they claim the free2play version as a TRIAL version, they clearly say it. Like WoW get a free2play version, until lvl20, or FFXIV a F2P until lvl70 (so first xpac, we are now close the end 4th FFXIV xpac). and they are game with close to nothing to do (except story) if not in the current xpac.
On Aion, the trial version is "all content avaible, but, you can't make money from farm". Another way, But Aion Classic will be a subscription game.

FFXIV offers free trial until lvl 60, which is the base game and first expansion. Comparing cash shop of both FFXIV and Aion is ridiculous. Aion has offered items in cash shop that allowed you to progress faster, sometimes it was plain disadvantage for most players, while FFXIV's cash shop are purely cosmetics, mounts, Fantasias (basically appearance/sex change), emotes and dyes. None of it is an advantage or disadvantage to players in the game.

Meanwhile in Aion we have a history of event items, enchantment stones, upgrades and all of that.

Guest Narmina

FFXIV cash shop remains a thing that has to disappear... (and god, it get new thing so frequently for a subscription ame) And you forgot retainer in the FFXIV cash shop, so clearly not only cosmetic. retainer are for storage (and god... we need them for this) and it helps farm (did a lot of money with retainers)

But on Aion side i didnt speak about today, but Aion Classic Cash shop... soooooo cosmetic cash shop also

2 minutes ago, Guest Narmina said:

FFXIV cash shop remains a thing that has to disappear... (and god, it get new thing so frequently for a subscription ame) And you forgot retainer in the FFXIV cash shop, so clearly not only cosmetic. retainer are for storage (and god... we need them for this) and it helps farm (did a lot of money with retainers)

But on Aion side i didnt speak about today, but Aion Classic Cash shop... soooooo cosmetic cash shop also

You don't need to pay for the extra retainers, you already get 2 for free. In Aion you get some inventory space with kinah (talking about live servers), and if you want more space, you have to spend real money. The cash shop in FFXIV is absolutely harmless compared to what Aion has had and has now. Seems you haven't really played either game.

Guest Narmina

Didnt play aion past 2.7 but again i speak about cash shop in Aion classic. which is only cosmetic... (they said it, people on KR says it... Aion classic cash shop = cosmetic...)

About FFXIV, i played only 5 years, and 2 retainers were far from enough. at HW release i even added a 5th the time to level up, and then class shits (and sacrifice some things... ). And retainers are not 1 time paid, so the final cost can get pretty high (if i remember my count, i went to around 150 euros, and thank you this game gave me more reason to leave it everyday, else i know i would now be at permanent 5 or 6 retainer... 4,8 euros a month in addition to the sub x_x )

Guest Narmina

and to be clear : a subscription MMORPG = NO CASH SHOP (should be it FFXIV or Aion classic)

"harmfull" or not.

1 minute ago, Guest Narmina said:

Didnt play aion past 2.7 but again i speak about cash shop in Aion classic. which is only cosmetic... (they said it, people on KR says it... Aion classic cash shop = cosmetic...)

About FFXIV, i played only 5 years, and 2 retainers were far from enough. at HW release i even added a 5th the time to level up, and then class shits (and sacrifice some things... ). And retainers are not 1 time paid, so the final cost can get pretty high (if i remember my count, i went to around 150 euros, and thank you this game gave me more reason to leave it everyday, else i know i would now be at permanent 5 or 6 retainer... 4,8 euros a month in addition to the sub x_x )

The retainers are still optional, and if you needed to spend extra money because you were hoarding stuff, that is really up to you and your fault only. I've been playing so far for 2 years, and still have my 2 retainers, there's just no need more. My friend whom I dragged into the game last year, spent the entire year on free trial, all the jobs she could got to level 60, grinded achievements and all other stuff, and she did not have access to retainers, just her inventory space and chocobo saddlebag.

It seems to me you just have a big problem with hoarding overall and then attempt to blame it on the game. There's a reason the supposed "cash shop" in FFXIV are called "optional items" because that's what they are -- optional.

Currently Aion in Korea has only cosmetics, but that doesn't guarantee we will have the same thing here. It should, in fact, be only cosmetics and nothing more. Since you've quit with 2.7, you have almost no knowledge about the state of game or what happened after. Once Aion went f2p in the West, while that brought up many players, the cash shop started showing various items that allowed people with money to have an advantage. If you want an example of heavy p2w garbage, download live servers and take a look at the game.

57 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

The retainers are still optional, and if you needed to spend extra money because you were hoarding stuff, that is really up to you and your fault only. I've been playing so far for 2 years, and still have my 2 retainers, there's just no need more. My friend whom I dragged into the game last year, spent the entire year on free trial, all the jobs she could got to level 60, grinded achievements and all other stuff, and she did not have access to retainers, just her inventory space and chocobo saddlebag.

It seems to me you just have a big problem with hoarding overall and then attempt to blame it on the game. There's a reason the supposed "cash shop" in FFXIV are called "optional items" because that's what they are -- optional.

Currently Aion in Korea has only cosmetics, but that doesn't guarantee we will have the same thing here. It should, in fact, be only cosmetics and nothing more. Since you've quit with 2.7, you have almost no knowledge about the state of game or what happened after. Once Aion went f2p in the West, while that brought up many players, the cash shop started showing various items that allowed people with money to have an advantage. If you want an example of heavy p2w garbage, download live servers and take a look at the game.

I tried to play recently, everything is so confusing. My Sorc was almost geared enough for the hardest dungeon idr the name back in 8.0, now he for some reason deals damage in the tens of thousands with just auto attacks. I can't imagine being geared these days, the damage will be so high that the numbers would be hard to keep up with lol. Dont know why Gelk and Inggi are around but 4.x content isn't, there was much better music in those areas and the Sanctum elevator was retired from killing players

7 minutes ago, Migojio said:

I tried to play recently, everything is so confusing. My Sorc was almost geared enough for the hardest dungeon idr the name back in 8.0, now he for some reason deals damage in the tens of thousands with just auto attacks. I can't imagine being geared these days, the damage will be so high that the numbers would be hard to keep up with lol. Dont know why Gelk and Inggi are around but 4.x content isn't, there was much better music in those areas and the Sanctum elevator was retired from killing players

Well, supposedly the geographical location prevented Inggison and Gelkmaros from being destroyed. It's never explained (to my knowledge) why was half of Sanctum and Pandaemonium blocked off.

4 hours ago, Guest Narmina said:

You must be doing something wrong if you have a problem with FF14 cash shop/retainers, wow.  I've played the game since before heavensward came out and i've spent $13 a month on just the basic sub (1 char per server) and absolutely nothing else.  i have the 2 free retainers that sit almost empty, so i don't know what the nyerk you're doing.  the game is so casual and you only need the in game currency for repairs, everything, even in the cash shop, is all optional and cosmetic.  i've done a lot of p2w in aion and bdo, but to sit there and say that ff14 has a bad cash shop on top of a sub?  you're out of your mind.

4 hours ago, Guest Narmina said:

From what I've heard, the cash shop is cosmetics, but the battle pass is more than just cosmetics, that has actual in game consumables.  As far as FF14, you're out of your mind if you think the cash shop in that game is bad, even one that already has a subscription.  it's ALL optional, even the retainers.  i played since before heavensward and the only money i've ever spent on the game was the $13/month for the basic sub, the one where you only get 1 char per server.  i have the 2 free retainers that sit almost empty and absolutely nothing gives you an advantage in the cash shop.  you need to check yourself if you think you need more than the sub.  even if you look at the game having a cash shop, it's a pve game, not a competitive pvp game.  The stuff in the cash shop is untradeable too, so you can't even sell the stuff for in game currency.  and even though aion classic cash shop is cosmetics, from what i've heard they're all tradeable so you can sell them = advantage over non-paying players.

Archived