questions about Classic

Cheshire-KT

I don’t understand.  In the FAQS about classic, it says “server”. But everyone is talking about a new client download. So which is it? How is that going to work? Will that add a server onto our already downloaded client? And will we still be able to play the current servers? Do we need to create another account or can we use our current accounts? Please help

The only thing that i know is that we can use the same NC account for all the games, even if we need to download a new whole client we can still use the same account, but hopefully will be just an update to our current aion client and will end like lineage 2, that classic servers are just that, servers that we can click n the same list as the retail ones.

25 minutes ago, Guest Yura said:

The only thing that i know is that we can use the same NC account for all the games, even if we need to download a new whole client we can still use the same account, but hopefully will be just an update to our current aion client and will end like lineage 2, that classic servers are just that, servers that we can click n the same list as the retail ones.

No Aion Classic is independent game. It has nothing in common with Aion Live client. The only one the same thing is account. 

Guest Larks
6 minutes ago, sugarboo-KT said:

No Aion Classic is independent game. It has nothing in common with Aion Live client. The only one the same thing is account. 

OMG, so I need to download the whole client again.... !@$$ ... do you have idea about the size of the client? 30gb? 25gb? i dont know if i will have it ready for the reservation

1 minute ago, Guest Larks said:

OMG, so I need to download the whole client again.... !@$$ ... do you have idea about the size of the client? 30gb? 25gb? i dont know if i will have it ready for the reservation

Client will be available to download tomorrow morning between 4-7am pacific. Character creation is 9am. Basically u will have a week to do it before 23rd. It shouldn't be more than 16gb. 

Guest Larks
14 minutes ago, sugarboo-KT said:

whaaaa, do you have idea about how many GB do i need 2 download for it? 

1 hour ago, Cheshire-KT said:

I don’t understand.  In the FAQS about classic, it says “server”. But everyone is talking about a new client download. So which is it? How is that going to work? Will that add a server onto our already downloaded client? And will we still be able to play the current servers? Do we need to create another account or can we use our current accounts? Please help

All game clients have one or more game server they talk to. eg. Aion Online has Aion Online servers, Blade and Soul  game clients talk to Blade and Soul severs etc.

Aion Classic game client will talk to Aion Classic servers. You can't use Aion Online client to talk to Aion Classic servers and vice versa. If you want to keep playing Aion Online you will need to keep the Aion Online client installed on your PC. Hopefully the NClauncher program will let you easily switch between Aion Online and Aion Classic game clients easily.

7 minutes ago, sugarboo-KT said:

12-15gb

Are you sure? The current Aion Online client is a 31GB download. If Aion Classic is only half that, I will be pretty happy as I was about to go out and get another SSD because my pissy 128GB SSD only has 20GB free.

Guest Jinxy
37 minutes ago, sugarboo-KT said:

Client will be available to download tomorrow morning between 4-7am pacific. Character creation is 9am. Basically u will have a week to do it before 23rd. It shouldn't be more than 16gb. 

Where did the 9:00 am time come from? Is that confirmed from an official post? 

1 minute ago, Ferk-DN said:

Are you sure? The current Aion Online client is a 31GB download. If Aion Classic is only half that, I will be pretty happy as I was about to go out and get another SSD because my pissy 128GB SSD only has 20GB free.

im only saying cause I have another 1.5 client right now which was built on classic Korea client  and it is 13GB so should be around it 

Just now, Guest Jinxy said:

Where did the 9:00 am time come from? Is that confirmed from an official post? 

yes 

Aion Classic

The period allowing for Character Creation and Name Reservation, will begin!

Servers will open for character creation at 9AM Pacific.

12 minutes ago, sugarboo-KT said:

Ok, I think Pacific time is normally UTC-8 which would make it 18hrs behind my local time in Australia.(UTC +10) so that should be 1am, but methinks PT are on daylight savings , so that would be 2am for me.   Gimme sleep time Aion!

Guest Jinxy
1 hour ago, sugarboo-KT said:

im only saying cause I have another 1.5 client right now which was built on classic Korea client  and it is 13GB so should be around it 

yes 

Aion Classic

Thank you! 

Archived