Faction & Server Balance Measures

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone. With thousands of Aion Characters already created (hype!), and server/faction imbalances beginning to manifest themselves, we plan to begin implementing controls starting today. Expect to soon begin observing the following:

• We will occasionally be restricting character creation for individual factions, in order to help with faction balance.
  • We may also restrict character creation on entire servers, if a server is lagging unacceptably far behind in population.
  • If players are unable to create a character on their desired server/faction, please check back later.
    • We plan to monitor creation activity and regularly update the controls as appropriate. However, since these updates can occur suddenly according to player behavior, we will not guarantee any broadcasting of when control changes take place.

Thank you, and best of luck!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 17s70E2-KT said:

Hello, does that mean you're also preparing new servers for deployment on launch date?

If both servers get full, there might be a need for a third server. Korea kept launching servers every other week or more because it was getting packed.

How will this work on launch for those of us that already have a character on a server? 
For example, if I have already created an Asmodian on Siel, am I allowed to freely make another 4 Asmos on the 23rd?

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

If both servers get full, there might be a need for a third server. Korea kept launching servers every other week or more because it was getting packed.

I hope so, yeah. I was on the KR server on launch, they kept releasing servers. But since NCW is keeping close track, I wonder if they prepare already new servers to launch along with the 2 other servers on release since they might "cap" soon.

6 minutes ago, Guest Him said:

How will this work on launch for those of us that already have a character on a server? 
For example, if I have already created an Asmodian on Siel, am I allowed to freely make another 4 Asmos on the 23rd?

If servers get packed and they lock creation, you might not be able to do that. For now, however, next week you can make more characters.

7 minutes ago, Vashiro said:

I hope so, yeah. I was on the KR server on launch, they kept releasing servers. But since NCW is keeping close track, I wonder if they prepare already new servers to launch along with the 2 other servers on release since they might "cap" soon.

Post says "thousands of Aion Characters already created" which, to be fair, I'd be very surprised but also joyful to see that.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

If servers get packed and they lock creation, you might not be able to do that. For now, however, next week you can make more characters.

Post says "thousands of Aion Characters already created" which, to be fair, I'd be very surprised but also joyful to see that.

honestly I not surprised in the 1000's.  With no Eu Classic server I bet the EU number alone gonna be higher then thought.  That plus seeing a ton of names in the discord have not seen in years.  Add in some from retail and yeh

Just now, Arhangelos-KT said:

They should have had at least 5 servers and have some different time zones. If for any reason a server was to empty they could simply let people know on launch that the server they chose won't be going live due to low population.

Kibbelz stated on discord that while this is somewhat "global" release, the primary target is still NA. It's very, very unlikely we will get different time zones for the different servers.

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

Kibbelz stated on discord that while this is somewhat "global" release, the primary target is still NA. It's very, very unlikely we will get different time zones for the different servers.

It would be NA servers with different time sieges, not necessarily "time zones" but you get the point. Someone from USA might be a night owl. It would serve the EU players too or another region. The daily reset would be the same and the maintenance for convenience.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It would be NA servers with different time sieges, not necessarily "time zones" but you get the point. Someone from USA might be a night owl. It would serve the EU players too or another region. The daily reset would be the same and the maintenance for convenience.

Contractually they probably are not allowed to actively tailor things for certain markets.  So making specific servers with a specific region in mind in regards to siege times etc probably against their contract with Gameforge.  

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yeah, I get you mate. One can only dream. *sadge*

Guest Ostro

Should let peeps create 8 toon on 1 account if they want to... and It should count as 1 player.... Would had prevent the peeps make multiple account to reserve multiple name... It completly unbalance but whit fake numbers...

58 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone. With thousands of Aion Characters already created (hype!), and server/faction imbalances beginning to manifest themselves, we plan to begin implementing controls starting today. Expect to soon begin observing the following:

• We will occasionally be restricting character creation for individual factions, in order to help with faction balance.
  • We may also restrict character creation on entire servers, if a server is lagging unacceptably far behind in population.
  • If players are unable to create a character on their desired server/faction, please check back later.
    • We plan to monitor creation activity and regularly update the controls as appropriate. However, since these updates can occur suddenly according to player behavior, we will not guarantee any broadcasting of when control changes take place.

Thank you, and best of luck!

@Kibbelz
You guys so out of touch again...
You could clearly see on discord that you r part of it btw ...
That more people was going to Siel AND...
You know what like it was 11 years ago
When you creat a toon they recommand you to go to Siel LOL
I like how you guys force people to make 1 toon by account to reserve name and tell them 
Dont worry just ninja a name and when server will go live we will let you buy remodel ticket...
By doing that you clearly make 9000 account regist over having people with 1 account 8 toon...
And now we have unreal unballanced server... 
Surprise !!!

0e3c129f83295f0af4d2ed528855512b.gif

6 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I mean, clearly many here have stated that there's no way Classic will have that many players. Who knew indeed.

I was talking about population on each faction. But than again history repeats it self for the past few years or even 10. 

Archived