Faction & Server Balance Measures

Arctic

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They should have had at least 5 servers and have some different time zones. If for any reason a server was to empty they could simply let people know on launch that the server they chose won't be going live due to low population.

That's not what kibblez is saying, he is saying that people are not creating characters evenly on the existing 2 servers. eg. it might be that everyone is flocking to Siel Elyos, and not enough Siel Asmos are being created. It's a statement about game faction balance, of which there are 4 to fill evenly, (2 on each server ) not server capacity.  If you created 5 servers it would only be worse. with 10 factions to fill evenly.

What they should do is set a cap on the number of players, per faction per server. Although it may be harsh for some people who are trying to follow friends, many people are not in that mindset, they are coming to Aion Classic without ever being on Aion NA before, so pointing them to a server that needs filling is a reasonable thing.

I think so long as the created characters are with-in 1000 it is still with-in a balanced state. The reason for this is you are going to have EU/OCE/SEA players all who will probably not make it to siege on both sides.

Guest Asmodian

刚刚登录晚了几个小时,创建我最喜欢的比赛。这对期待它的我来说是一个巨大的我无法承受的打击

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

That was kinda my main issue here I pointed in another thread. The Founder's pack should've allowed people to have priority to create names first, then let the rest a day after join and make theirs.

27920567.gif

48 minutes ago, Guest Asmoguy said:

Ok so i paid to get the  pack with 90 day premium and I am not allowed to play the game I paid for  because  I have always been and always will be an Asmo player? I have never been critical in the past but this is beyond stupid and shows incompetence in planning and execution.  This is a NA server but they open up the character account creation during non-NA primetime when people are at work. SMH 

Worst part about this that ncsoft open toon creation during prime time of EU during the time most of people in NA are working LOL

BTW they care about they community! 
 original.gif

This is really unfair, those who paid the pre-order can not create their characters while the F2P already created multiple accounts and who knows if people for pleasure filled the server.....

I pay to play in asmodian Siel and page the monthly payment but I am surprised that we can not create the character

42 minutes ago, Anochecer-KT said:

This is really unfair, those who paid the pre-order can not create their characters while the F2P already created multiple accounts and who knows if people for pleasure filled the server.....

I pay to play in asmodian Siel and page the monthly payment but I am surprised that we can not create the character

I am sure the GM will look into this, I guess they close faction registration on a server, before it becomes a problem when they see a bad trend, rather than after it is a problem. The OP clearly said at this stage closures are a temporary measure and to try later.

3 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Estoy seguro de que el GM va a mirar en este, supongo que cierran el registro de facción en un servidor, antes de que se convierte en un problema cuando ven una mala tendencia, en lugar de después de que es un problema. El PO dijo claramente que en esta etapa los cierres son una medida temporal y para intentarlo más adelante.

Currently it just lets me create the character in elyo and I really don't want to in elyo and that seems funny to me, forcing me to choose a race that you don't want... but I hope they solve it in the day before the character creation closes so as not to lose the bonus they are giving away when creating the character

this is what happens when you limit character creation to just 1 per account, you'll get the massive brains that need all 70 of thier alt names saved and then "hey y no make this faction now >.<" should just be 1 account per Mac address

3 minutes ago, Guest Haze said:

this is what happens when you limit character creation to just 1 per account, you'll get the massive brains that need all 70 of thier alt names saved and then "hey y no make this faction now >.<" should just be 1 account per Mac address

True, at this stage of the game, nobody should be creating a character on more than one account, or it will fool the GM into making bad balance decisions. Time to be responsible and not in a rush methinks.

Guest Soulraze
8 minutes ago, Guest Haze said:

Exactly this. 

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone. With thousands of Aion Characters already created (hype!), and server/faction imbalances beginning to manifest themselves, we plan to begin implementing controls starting today. Expect to soon begin observing the following:

• We will occasionally be restricting character creation for individual factions, in order to help with faction balance.
  • We may also restrict character creation on entire servers, if a server is lagging unacceptably far behind in population.
  • If players are unable to create a character on their desired server/faction, please check back later.
    • We plan to monitor creation activity and regularly update the controls as appropriate. However, since these updates can occur suddenly according to player behavior, we will not guarantee any broadcasting of when control changes take place.

Thank you, and best of luck!

We need some feedback from you as to which of the 4 possible server faction combinations, are out of balance,  ie where new Aion players should be making their first toon.

Guest We all need asmo!!!!!!!!!!

买了创始人的套餐,刚来晚了几个小时,不能和朋友在asmo上玩了。多么令人失望。而对于每一个回归经典的玩家来说,他们都有着自己热爱、热爱、为之奋斗、为之奋斗的种族信仰。现在,当我们受到限制,不得不选择另一个种族时,我们的心是什么?迷失,对于一个十年的 asmo 玩家来说是多么讽刺

1 minute ago, Guest Wootage said:

I knew this was going to happen, came from work and Asmos on siel are already locked sigh

Give them time.  This is the first evening.  It's very likely they're going to open things up again once they get some more people on Elyos.  The game doesn't properly release for another week.  You still have time.

The CM, eg. Kibblez, needs to give us data/leadership.

There are 4 possible factions:

IS Asmo

IS Elyos

SL Asmo

SL Elyos

We need to know the approx percentage of characters created so far, in each of those 4 factions in order to make informed decisions, and it needs to be updated from time to time. Then we need to spread the word on Discord or wherever to get people who haven't created a character yet,  to try and create on the lowest percentage faction.

The numbers could be badly skewed if people are using multiple accounts and creating a character on each. Ultimately we need to know the faction balance of active players, not just toons or bots.

Guest velimirius

Better like this than to have 1 faction ran servers. should have been announced from the start, total server pop divided to half for every faction and locked. The only way to have a balanced factions.

41 minutes ago, Guest velimirius said:

Better like this than to have 1 faction ran servers. should have been announced from the start, total server pop divided to half for every faction and locked. The only way to have a balanced factions.

Nah doesn't work ,because the number of registered characters does not equate to number of active players.

You need to educate the players to do the right things as far as balance is concerned.

Archived