Faction & Server Balance Measures

Arctic

3 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Nah doesn't work ,because the number of registered characters does not equate to number of active players.

You need to educate the players to do the right things as far as balance is concerned.

You're telling me that you read the comments posted on these forums and believe the general playerbase to be receptive to education?  Brave.

In a perfect world this would be the case.  Not here.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

You're telling me that you read the comments posted on these forums and believe the general playerbase to be receptive to education?  Brave.

In a perfect world this would be the case.  Not here.

The world is never perfect, that's why you have campaigns to repeat the same message over and over again until it sinks in to most people. People do things that are bad for themselves long term because they just don't get the message unless it's repeated everywhere.

1 minute ago, Ferk-DN said:

The world is never perfect, that's why you have campaigns to repeat the same message over and over again until it sinks in to most people.

Just take a look at how many people were making "where can I download the game", then "when can I make my character", to "Nyerk this, unlock Asmos now!" despite there being a ton of other similar forum threads already. Even if you plaster information everywhere, there will be people who are blind to it. 

17 minutes ago, Arazith said:

Just take a look at how many people were making "where can I download the game", then "when can I make my character", to "Nyerk this, unlock Asmos now!" despite there being a ton of other similar forum threads already. Even if you plaster information everywhere, there will be people who are blind to it. 

And yet they still manage to get driver's licenses and share the roads with you.

1 minute ago, Ferk-DN said:

And yet they still manage to get driver's licenses and share the roads with you.

Yes, because they are tested (though most of it seems to escape them the day after). There is no way to force people on the internet to actually look at information, much less properly comprehend it. 

• Aion Team
7 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

That's not what kibblez is saying, he is saying that people are not creating characters evenly on the existing 2 servers. eg. it might be that everyone is flocking to Siel Elyos, and not enough Siel Asmos are being created. It's a statement about game faction balance, of which there are 4 to fill evenly, (2 on each server ) not server capacity.  If you created 5 servers it would only be worse. with 10 factions to fill evenly.

What they should do is set a cap on the number of players, per faction per server. Although it may be harsh for some people who are trying to follow friends, many people are not in that mindset, they are coming to Aion Classic without ever being on Aion NA before, so pointing them to a server that needs filling is a reasonable thing.

Hey, so I thought I would add some more details to further clarify here. Hope it helps!

So the goal w/ locking a faction or server is to funnel people who are impartial in one direction, rather than having them randomly split ~50/50. We can keep these temporary in nature (our first lock lasted only a few hours), so just keep on the lookout for once the restrictions unlock.

To keep the locks from impacting people looking to join their friends, or dedicated to a specific faction or server, we'll continue locking/unlocking as rapidly as possible to create many windows for entry.

Hopefully this is helpful information!

I was able to make an Asmo on Siel literally around 2130 EST. I simply kept refreshing every hour since OP stated they wouldn't always be announcing locks and unlocks. 

I know I really shouldn't be laughing, but Just thinking of all those damned ole Gold Spammer with their bots buggin the pis out of all the Asmos has had me laughing so dam hard today. LoL And y'all I swear I am not posting this to be a troll and honestly it isn't funny well not for the Asmos LoL but for a life long Eylos, yeah it's magic and come on if ya know the Lore of Aion then you already know we Eylos are actually the Shady Evil doers LoL. Again I am only joking not Trolling but feel free to yell at me LoL

4 minutes ago, Guest An ely said:

Just take a look at reddit confirmed legions and numbers and you’ll see who will be dominating who.

With 6 days to go before launch, those number are bound to be incorrect.

9 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey, so I thought I would add some more details to further clarify here. Hope it helps!

So the goal w/ locking a faction or server is to funnel people who are impartial in one direction, rather than having them randomly split ~50/50. We can keep these temporary in nature (our first lock lasted only a few hours), so just keep on the lookout for once the restrictions unlock.

To keep the locks from impacting people looking to join their friends, or dedicated to a specific faction or server, we'll continue locking/unlocking as rapidly as possible to create many windows for entry.

Hopefully this is helpful information!

Thanks, Kibbelz. You've been great this past year despite the many hiccups this game has. We love you and Loki (although we haven't seen Loki in a bit). We're a difficult bunch to deal with, but you do it with grace. ❤️

Shocked that my account has been banned today without getting any good reason from the Support team. They just emailed me that the decision is final and will not answer to any more of my requests. One reason I can think of is that we are 3 people with different accounts playing from the same home, so we have the same IP. Still hoping I will be able to join eventually. Does anyone have the same problem if you are playing in the same home?

Guest Kylee
1 hour ago, Guest Yce said:

Shocked that my account has been banned today without getting any good reason from the Support team. They just emailed me that the decision is final and will not answer to any more of my requests. One reason I can think of is that we are 3 people with different accounts playing from the same home, so we have the same IP. Still hoping I will be able to join eventually. Does anyone have the same problem if you are playing in the same home?

That is strange because there’s four accounts at my house with four different emails in the same IP address and I’ve never had any problems with it at all.

Guest superweird

that is weird because at my house we are 20 different ppl with 20 different emails and never had a problem at all

I just cannt wait for our first battle in eltnen, where a horde of asmos will invade and we will have to defend, everyone at the same level range and with crappy gear, 100vs100 ( i know about the rift limit let me dream please)  or more. Ahhh i just cant wait, lets feel like 2009 again guys!!!! Lets do this!

13 hours ago, Guest Yce said:

Were you using a ping proxy like WTFast, Battleping, Exitlag, Pingzapper, etc.? Were you using a VPN like NordVPN or whatever? They're NOT against ToS but sometimes they trip up false alarms. If you had a ping reducer or a VPN running, tell that to support and ask for them to manually review the case. If they got a false flag because of something like that then they should unlock your account :)

8 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Were you using a ping proxy like WTFast, Battleping, Exitlag, Pingzapper, etc.? Were you using a VPN like NordVPN or whatever? They're NOT against ToS but sometimes they trip up false alarms. If you had a ping reducer or a VPN running, tell that to support and ask for them to manually review the case. If they got a false flag because of something like that then they should unlock your account :)

I wasn't using any of the above or anything else. We haven't even started to play yet. It's very frustrating that they did not give me any reason for the ban and said it's irreversible.

Archived