Faction & Server Balance Measures

Arctic

48 minutes ago, Guest Yce said:

I wasn't using any of the above or anything else. We haven't even started to play yet. It's very frustrating that they did not give me any reason for the ban and said it's irreversible.

So you made an account and before you could even play enough you got banned? Did you have any characters in there or didn't you even play at all?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So you made an account and before you could even play enough you got banned? Did you have any characters in there or didn't you even play at all?

Yes. I have a character.  but only next week we will be able to play the game.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:27 PM, Guest Yce said:

Shocked that my account has been banned today without getting any good reason from the Support team. They just emailed me that the decision is final and will not answer to any more of my requests. One reason I can think of is that we are 3 people with different accounts playing from the same home, so we have the same IP. Still hoping I will be able to join eventually. Does anyone have the same problem if you are playing in the same home?

Nc is banning people who cant still play the game yet , but still let hackers running free on retail , Amazing job like always .-.

Guest Wootage
6 hours ago, ErzaScarletxFT said:

Nc is banning people who cant still play the game yet , but still let hackers running free on retail , Amazing job like always .-.

its not NC banning them it was obviously a trigger ban what ever he was using triggered the security system and he got banned , thats why he has to contact support to get it resolved 

On 6/17/2021 at 4:27 PM, Guest Yce said:

Shocked that my account has been banned today without getting any good reason from the Support team. They just emailed me that the decision is final and will not answer to any more of my requests. One reason I can think of is that we are 3 people with different accounts playing from the same home, so we have the same IP. Still hoping I will be able to join eventually. Does anyone have the same problem if you are playing in the same home?

Yeah this is major sus.  I've played in households with up to 4 simultaneous players at once and never, ever had an issue.  In fact I can't think of anyone who's had that issue.  

How many third party programs were you running?

6 hours ago, Guest Wootage said:

its not NC banning them it was obviously a trigger ban what ever he was using triggered the security system and he got banned , thats why he has to contact support to get it resolved 

But if you obviously cant even play the game yet , why NC emailed him and said that the decision is final and will not answer to any more request? In other words is still their fault if he is still banned by their security system who got a false positive...

On 6/19/2021 at 8:35 AM, Guest Yce said:

Yes. I have a character.  but only next week we will be able to play the game.

OMG man wtf. The reason I asked is because with the same account you can play aion retail so I was wondering if you played retail and did something sketchy there, but you simply made an account and that is it.

They banned you before you even had the chance to play at all. In this case I'd make a new account and use another pc/ip to make it just in case because once they say ti is final they no longer reply to mails anymore of that account.

10 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Yeah this is major sus.  I've played in households with up to 4 simultaneous players at once and never, ever had an issue.  In fact I can't think of anyone who's had that issue.  

How many third party programs were you running?

He didn't even play the game he said, he merely made an account and is waiting for Classic to launch to play.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:04 AM, Kubei-DN said:

@KibbelzI highly suggest you guys reopen the character creation ONLY for people who have purchased the packs. That was the whole point to begin with, and right now it's just creating issues and big division. 

Or people who have pre-ordered should be void of the restriction to create any faction. NCWest is s treating the accounts as players when they clearly are not.

12 hours ago, ErzaScarletxFT said:

But if you obviously cant even play the game yet , why NC emailed him and said that the decision is final and will not answer to any more request? In other words is still their fault if he is still banned by their security system who got a false positive...

Or the person already had third party systems running while using the character creation, and isn't talking about that.

Guest Rurumo
On 6/16/2021 at 11:02 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hey, so I thought I would add some more details to further clarify here. Hope it helps!

So the goal w/ locking a faction or server is to funnel people who are impartial in one direction, rather than having them randomly split ~50/50. We can keep these temporary in nature (our first lock lasted only a few hours), so just keep on the lookout for once the restrictions unlock.

To keep the locks from impacting people looking to join their friends, or dedicated to a specific faction or server, we'll continue locking/unlocking as rapidly as possible to create many windows for entry.

Hopefully this is helpful information!

Kibbelz,  my biggest concern for Classic is NCWest's policy towards ping reducing software/vpns that was quoted to my by customer service as essentially this:  not against the rules, but "use them at your own risk."  The "risk" being that this software is triggering automatic bans for many innocent paying customers.  Since a very large percentage of Classic users will need ping reducing software to play the game, I'd like for you to revise this policy to openly allow the use of ping reducing software and to make it your policy to un-ban any innocent player who gets caught up in your automatic bans that are triggered by this software.  Your players deserve that much for supporting a game with a monthly sub.  Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Guest Rurumo said:

Kibbelz,  my biggest concern for Classic is NCWest's policy towards ping reducing software/vpns that was quoted to my by customer service as essentially this:  not against the rules, but "use them at your own risk."  The "risk" being that this software is triggering automatic bans for many innocent paying customers.  Since a very large percentage of Classic users will need ping reducing software to play the game, I'd like for you to revise this policy to openly allow the use of ping reducing software and to make it your policy to un-ban any innocent player who gets caught up in your automatic bans that are triggered by this software.  Your players deserve that much for supporting a game with a monthly sub.  Thank you!

Your determination to use software to enhance your ability to play does not mean the company is required to allow it.  This is a North American server; if you can't play, you can't play.

Guest Dorialex

I can't create an Asmodian Character on any of the servers! how am I suppose to play the game?

when the restriction will be lifted? what is going on? I want to take part in the contest too and I can't because of this!

Guest Rurumo
50 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Your determination to use software to enhance your ability to play does not mean the company is required to allow it.  This is a North American server; if you can't play, you can't play.

I feel a clarification to the policy is in order because they've stated that they DO ALLOW the use of ping reducing software, yet "we use them at our own risk."  Do you see the problem with this?  If they allow the programs, why are we at any risk?  I live in NA, and as paying customers, we do in fact deserve a proper response to this poorly worded and confusing policy, when I'm guessing at least half the people playing this game will use this software.

8 minutes ago, Guest Rurumo said:

I feel a clarification to the policy is in order because they've stated that they DO ALLOW the use of ping reducing software, yet "we use them at our own risk."  Do you see the problem with this?  If they allow the programs, why are we at any risk?  I live in NA, and as paying customers, we do in fact deserve a proper response to this poorly worded and confusing policy, when I'm guessing at least half the people playing this game will use this software.

I mean it's pretty clear to me that they don't recommend using any third party systems, period, but don't have the ability to specifically call out any one software or type of software.

Just don't use it.

2 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

I mean it's pretty clear to me that they don't recommend using any third party systems, period, but don't have the ability to specifically call out any one software or type of software.

Just don't use it.

They did say that people can use it at their own risk, but don't officially support it. People can do whatever they want, I've seen people using many ping reducers (myself included) for years. So yes, people can use it, but they shouldn't come crying here that they've got falsely banned.

8 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

They did say that people can use it at their own risk, but don't officially support it. People can do whatever they want, I've seen people using many ping reducers (myself included) for years. So yes, people can use it, but they shouldn't come crying here that they've got falsely banned.

Do you notice a significant improvement in gameplay?  How much does this service even run you?

1 minute ago, 5s16519C said:

Do you notice a significant improvement in gameplay?  How much does this service even run you?

When the servers were located in Texas, my ping was around 200-240ms, using a ping reducer helps stabilize the connection and I usually ended up with 150 to 170ms. It also prevents a lot of rubberbanding. I logged into live servers few days ago and it's between 100 and 130ms, which in my mind, there's no need to use a ping reducer anymore, however if it gets unstable, then I might consider.

Lower ping helped me survive longer during PvP (when there was one).

Archived