Forums

Faction & Server Balance Measures

Arctic

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Returning
24 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

I wonder if we know where the servers are located this time?  Is it still Texas?

Virginia now.

Guest khetalak
1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

West coast people seem to have 110-150 now. Central USA has 70-120. I live in Oklahoma and my ping is 75-100 usually (no ping reducer).

player from france got 120 ping on katalam server which I dont know where the server is located

Guest Wootage
25 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Man I'd love that, but I doubt I'll be sub-50 from Canada, even being East Coast. :C

im in NYC so im much closer to servers :)

I wish NCsoft West would make use of different AWS data centers, surely it can't be any harder for their staff to maintain regardless of the physical location.  It's not like they go into the data center to change a backup tapes anymore!

They could have a servers in Milan, Bahrain, Sydney and it would cover most of the world time zones.

I don't think the ping from east to west coast US is a big deal compared to the ping from other countries around the world that depend on the latency to AWS Virginia. My ping is typically over 300ms, though that is artificial.

If I open a command prompt and ping the actually IP address of the Aion server I am playing on, the ping is about 180ms, which is about what you would expect because of the speed of light, and fiber optic repeater delay along the path.

The game seems to add an extra 100ms just because I am coming from Australia. If I use one of the ping  reduction VPN services to fool the Aion servers that I am coming from the US, I get back that 100ms they add.

Here is a ping test site to AWS data centers https://ping.psa.fun/

Guest Wootage
1 hour ago, 5s16519C said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah I just checked my ping while on the character creation menu, and it's a stable 25.  I hope that remains true! ! !

until you go to first siege and than it will be 125 lol

Hello everyone, I'm playing from Germany and have a more unstable ping than I have to the Game Forge servers

(not lower, just more stable) without the annoying spikes.

I move on the European servers with a range of 65 ~ 198 ping and on the US server Katalam I have a stable ping of

125 ~ 145 and no significant spikes. The whole thing, of course, without a ping reducer.😘

But my question is are they allowed (ping reducer) and if so, which ones?

Thanks in advance for your answers!👋

You wont be able to get an official answer on that.

However, WTFast, ExitLag, Battleping, RTL are some of the ones currently used.

According to some of their users that I asked so far

Exitlag seems to be the best but the most expensive seems to less effective for EU people

Bettleping works the best for EU people

In an extend Ping reducers are a 3rd party program but 10 years in this  game it has been a must and it does not affect the game but your connection (before someone calls 3rd party program use cause that is the community of aion right now )

22 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Your determination to use software to enhance your ability to play does not mean the company is required to allow it.  This is a North American server; if you can't play, you can't play.

All your posts make absolutely no sense, can you think before you write anything about "3rd party software" or anything about Aion for that matter? Because you are always writing wrong things.

3rd party software is attaching a program to aion client to make your game better or cheat directly altering it.

Ping reduction services have nothing to do with Aion itself, it is the routing of your internet connection. Some ISPs provide server options so effectively a ping reduction service at your disposal. Other times you don't have that best route so you connect to the public internet via a secure paid line.

It is like saying that having a dial-up connection vs ADSL vs optic fibers is a 3rd party software because with optic fiber you have better and more stable connection than with simple ADSL.

I know very well you have difficulty reading, so images are a better way to teach those intellectually challenged.
Here:

ping-reduction.jpg

Guest Rurumo
23 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Your determination to use software to enhance your ability to play does not mean the company is required to allow it.  This is a North American server; if you can't play, you can't play.

I feel a clarification to the policy is in order because they've stated that they DO ALLOW the use of ping reducing software, yet "we use them at our own risk."  Do you see the problem with this?  If they allow the programs, why are we at any risk?  I live in NA, and as paying customers, we do in fact deserve a proper response to this poorly worded and confusing policy, when I'm guessing at least half the people playing this game will use this software.  

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

All your posts make absolutely no sense, can you think before you write anything about "3rd party software" or anything about Aion for that matter? Because you are always writing wrong things.

3rd party software is attaching a program to aion client to make your game better or cheat directly altering it.

Ping reduction services have nothing to do with Aion itself, it is the routing of your internet connection. Some ISPs provide server options so effectively a ping reduction service at your disposal. Other times you don't have that best route so you connect to the public internet via a secure paid line.

It is like saying that having a dial-up connection vs ADSL vs optic fibers is a 3rd party software because with optic fiber you have better and more stable connection than with simple ADSL.

I know very well you have difficulty reading, so images are a better way to teach those intellectually challenged.
Here:

ping-reduction.jpg

Ah yes, because I disagree with your assertion, I must therefore be an idiot because nobody in their right mind would disagree with you.  Time for insults!  

Charming.

It is software exterior to the game that game's anticheat services and others may detect.  It falls under the umbrella of a third party service, like it or not.  There's already been bans over it, so stow away your insults.  The use of ping reduction software has never been foolproof.  I know people who have gotten bans off of Black Desert, FFXIV, and ESO for using it - even somewhat recently.  

Hell, even Blade and Souls had/has issues with VPN's and ping-reduction software tripping their system and causing bans because it did detect it as a third party software, and I believe there was issues with the ping-reduction software specifically causing some connections to show as having multiple IP's attempting to connect simultaneously, thus also resulting in a ban.

I don't disagree that there shouldn't be a problem with it.  I want a server full of people playing near their peak, not on 200+ ping.  That's not a good experience for everyone.

But I don't really control what NC flags as suspicious or harmful, do I?

well thats a really bad take ," if you cant play dont play " if they pay the fee and software is doing nothing more than reduce lag i dont see the issue especially for such a well known software like WTfast or exitelag , i myself used Exitelag when i played on KR classic

13 minutes ago, Wootage-KT said:

well thats a really bad take ," if you cant play dont play " if they pay the fee and software is doing nothing more than reduce lag i dont see the issue especially for such a well known software like WTfast or exitelag , i myself used Exitelag when i played on KR classic

Right, but that's really the point, is it.
I've said multiple times that I agree people should be able to use it, but that determination isn't made by me or any of us, is it?  It's clearly tripping their alerts and causing bans, and the unhelpfully vague warning was given by NC that they do not specifically disallow but, but to use it at your own risk.

Between that message and the fact that people are indeed getting bans over it, it seems pretty clear the risk is high.  That's the point.  It does not matter in this moment that people should be able to use it (they probably should), it matters that it seems using it is very risky and Aion is flagging people for it.  I wouldn't suggest using it, particularly if you're paying for the game, until at very least there's clarification / changes in policy.

Guest Rurumo
14 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Ah yes, because I disagree with your assertion, I must therefore be an idiot because nobody in their right mind would disagree with you.  Time for insults!  

Charming.

It is software exterior to the game that game's anticheat services and others may detect.  It falls under the umbrella of a third party service, like it or not.  There's already been bans over it, so stow away your insults.  The use of ping reduction software has never been foolproof.  I know people who have gotten bans off of Black Desert, FFXIV, and ESO for using it - even somewhat recently.  

Hell, even Blade and Souls had/has issues with VPN's and ping-reduction software tripping their system and causing bans because it did detect it as a third party software, and I believe there was issues with the ping-reduction software specifically causing some connections to show as having multiple IP's attempting to connect simultaneously, thus also resulting in a ban.

I don't disagree that there shouldn't be a problem with it.  I want a server full of people playing near their peak, not on 200+ ping.  That's not a good experience for everyone.

You are missing the most important aspect of this argument, guy.  NCWest ALLOWS the use of ping reducing software, they aren't banned in any way, shape, or form.  If we are allowed to use them, we shouldn't have to worry about bans.  All we are asking is for them to acknowledge this issue and come out and say something like "if you are accidentally banned for the use of ping reducing software, please contact customer service and we will gladly reinstate your account."  They are trying to sweep this issue under the rug because they know the game would fail if they openly banned these programs.

4 minutes ago, Guest Rurumo said:

You are missing the most important aspect of this argument, guy.  NCWest ALLOWS the use of ping reducing software, they aren't banned in any way, shape, or form.  If we are allowed to use them, we shouldn't have to worry about bans.  All we are asking is for them to acknowledge this issue and come out and say something like "if you are accidentally banned for the use of ping reducing software, please contact customer service and we will gladly reinstate your account."  They are trying to sweep this issue under the rug because they know the game would fail if they openly banned these programs.

Yes, and they have done similar things for other titles such as Blade and Soul, where IIRC people were / are still getting flagged but can have their accounts recovered in these cases.  Which is still maddening.  And, more to the point, suggests they're not very well equipped to tell the difference between ping-reduction software, and some sort of botting software.  

My point here has been that if you need to use this software to play right now, then simply don't.  It's not worth paying money to play the game, only to have your account banned and lose that spent money.  Especially considering a large percentage of people using this software are from poorer countries, having their investiture banned away would be terrible.  

I agree, NC should try to shine some light on this and provide some clarity.  100%. But until they do that, the risk seems pretty high.

6 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

A "3rd party program"... that is not a ping reduction service for sure, ping reduction services are servers that route your packages via one or another route for the benefit of speed and security of the packets.

The only reason why there are bans on vpns/ping reducers is because other people might have used the said IP (or range of IPs) for sketchy things and thus the company mass bans accounts that have logged from a series of IPs whether they were part of the offense or not.

They mention that using a ping reduction service is not against the rules but they do not condone it is to give them a free pass to ban innocent players if their IP falls into the range of IPs they want to block without further looking into which accounts actually did a bannable thing or not, patting themselves in their backs for doing an easy job while harming their own company.

You could get the same ban if your IP seems outside of USA, or if a lot of IPs from the same ISP do bad things, without even the use of a vpn or ping reduction service in between.

There is nothing 3rd party about your router deciding what route it will take or whether you play with satellite internet or fiber optics.

Archived