Faction & Server Balance Measures

Arctic

I don't know how else I can explain that it really does not matter what you think the program should or should not be classified as.  It triggers the same responses, ergo for the purpose of the consequences of using it, guess what it is?  

Nobody is here to argue the technicalities of what this software is or is not. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make a Ping helpers thread elsewhere.

On topic of server balance, Im honestly curious whether there is anyone going to play on Israphel, because I never see it mentioned in any discussion about chosing server anywhere. I can almost hear the whine about queues already (and new servers) since everyone piled up on Siel.

35 minutes ago, Guest Red said:

Make a Ping helpers thread elsewhere.

On topic of server balance, Im honestly curious whether there is anyone going to play on Israphel, because I never see it mentioned in any discussion about chosing server anywhere. I can almost hear the whine about queues already (and new servers) since everyone piled up on Siel.

Yeah I don't think you have to worry.  Honestly, I'm afraid that the bulk of the population there is bots... But we'll see. 

Hello everybody, I appreciate the lively responses here. But I also have to apologize for starting a topic in the server & faction balance that doesn't belong here. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to having the opportunity again tomorrow to enjoy my beloved game in the form in which it was played once. Back then, nobody cared which ping you were playing with. I was only interested because I wanted to play an assassin who needs to have a low ping. I hope I can contribute to the community (even if my English is not my first language). But I grew up multilingual and there will still be a legion to connect with and communicate with. 🖖

Guest BalanceQuestion

Hello!  With the game being released for a while now, I wanted to ask a question I'm fairly hesitant to ask, but this is the perfect topic.  I have an Elyos character on Siel, and my friends are planning to join when they can make characters due to the Siel lock however, they are reluctant to go Elyos since it seems like there's a bit of an imbalance already, and they don't want to further that imbalance.  The issue was, they saw the race for 50 etc competition, and it has a lot more Elyos names than Asmodian.  In game, they asked me to take a screencap of the Abyss Contribution rankings, and Elyos Legions have nearly 10x the amount.  It's literally day 3, so I'm trying to explain that it's early to really see anything, but their point is such.

I do not intend this to devolve into name calling or whatever, but between the 5 of us no one has working knowledge to understand how to interpret this.  They understandably don't want to join a "stacked" side, furthering the imbalance, and I'd rather play with friends than alone on a different side.  So I was wondering how others view this, through the lens of more experience.  Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Alexandriae said:

Siel Elyos are severely outnumbered at sieges & higher levels - will you guys be re-implementing asmo creation locks anytime soon? 

Likewise Israphael is a lost cause for the Asmodians.  Today the #2 alliance all decided to reroll because the cause was so hopeless.  Sieges are 4:1 and with this latest loss will now be 5:1.  We are lucky to fill 2 alliances....  Meanwhile the Elyos have 2 Leagues.

Aion, you failed at maintaining balance on 2 servers (but promised us the vanilla classic experience so good job there).  Now, please do NOT waste time and wait for people who have waited so long for this game for the nostalgia to quit because you were to slow to act like many did in vanilla. 

MERGE THE SERVERS AND IMPLEMENT POST MERGE RESTRICTIONS IMMEDIATELY!!!

Inability to act will cause the game to fail.

If there is ANY asmodians playing on Israphel, they should simply reroll on Siel. We haven't even finished 1st month, you still have enough time to catch up.

There is nothing good about playing in a server where your side has absolutely no power on anything. And the server is already more empty than full in general.

• If you are not into pvp, come to Siel, our maps are safer due to the numbers we have in players defending you while you play. You will also get plenty of LFG for instances..
  • If you are into pvp, come to Siel, we have enough people to pvp and form leagues.

If you are Asmo on Israphel you will be taking it in the a$$, if you enjoy it it means you geh, why you geh? Come to Siel and be a top instead of a bottom at least!

^ why make a game be faction based if everyone's gonna go either IS or SL for easy mode lol

don't even know why people bother to play a game and try to take away any difficulty there is for the sake of "winning" at any cost, it's like the money cheat in The Sims lol but hey, to each their own. 

9 hours ago, Nicole Neunan said:

^ why make a game be faction based if everyone's gonna go either IS or SL for easy mode lol

don't even know why people bother to play a game and try to take away any difficulty there is for the sake of "winning" at any cost, it's like the money cheat in The Sims lol but hey, to each their own. 

I could make the exact same argument on why should people play on a server where they will always lose no matter how much they try.

Even better why do elyos play on IS when they always win "at any cost" as you said? They should also reroll on Siel so they get some balanced action.

See... every argument leads to "immigrate to Siel"

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I could make the exact same argument on why should people play on a server where they will always lose no matter how much they try.

Even better why do elyos play on IS when they always win "at any cost" as you said? They should also reroll on Siel so they get some balanced action.

See... every argument leads to "immigrate to Siel"

Since it was IS-A that was locked, not Elyos, we thought we were going to be the underdog faction, instead we weren't. I would rather not redo over hundred hours of work I've already put into my character. 

23 hours ago, Arazith-IS said:

Since it was IS-A that was locked, not Elyos, we thought we were going to be the underdog faction, instead we weren't. I would rather not redo over hundred hours of work I've already put into my character. 

Each tot heir own, if you made your char worthy within 3 weeks, you can redo it on Siel and it will be easier there. There were time in original Aion Siel that Asmodians were overly outnumbered and I know I didn't like it so this is why I made the suggestion based on what I would do.

Archived