Removal of afk players in instances

PhazeCrystal-KT

Remove players?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should afk players in instances such as the everglade instance be kicked out automatically if they remain afk?

• Yes
    • No
    • I can't really decide.
  2. 2. How long should the game wait to check if they are afk and kick them?

• 1 min
    • 2 min
    • 3min
    • 4min
    • 5+ min
    • i Don't believe there should be a time limit.

In most instances we have those afk players that we often wonder why can't i remove them, sometimes the afk player is the captain of the alliance instance, like kamar, and you really can't preform to your utmost abilites. So i pose the question should they be kicked after a certain amount of time?

in most of the instances the leader can easily kick out the afk player. but in some pvp instances they can not be kicked and the leader can´t even change the loot settings.

But, remember that those instances  give rewards even for being afk. So since many years ago the players try to create the groups and fill them before entering the instance. If you go in "quick group" option you will be with random players and you can have that issue. So, try to create your team all the times that you want to play (or join one no afk). Remember that you can block somebody if he stays afk so you never invite him again.

If you go on random groups you can not complain about afk players. And if you want to afk you can go on random teams and they can not complain. Of course, to be afk, is better to create an "AFK" team, but a lot of the players don´t want to take the effort.

Either find a way to automatically ban afkers from the group/alliance or better yet remove any potential rewards an afker gets, this way you won't accidentally have someone who went to pee for being afk for 2 minutes BUT the more you are afk the less rewards you get.

they need to come up with a special "personal point system" that you get points for doing whatever actively... and no, being in "follow" mode while other do things is not counting as active obviously.

Evergale is a dead instance because of this, I have personally NEVER won in evergale, ever!

Look

Aion0022.jpg

On 8/12/2017 at 5:15 AM, Arxaggelos-SL said:

Evergale is a dead instance because of this, I have personally NEVER won in evergale, ever!

Look

Aion0022.jpg

Don't think that's the only reason for EC to be "dead". The rewards are not as great either compared to the effort you need to put in to win it. It is a very fun instance but I also believe if they change the rewards a bit, it might be more active and people would actually go. 

We've had this discussion so many times now.

With the advent of free to play in North America (2012?), Support said that they would no longer punish players that chose to afk in PvP instances. Prior to that, if a player chose to go afk in Dredgion, they risked a 3 day ban. I'm not sure if this decision was made to ease the work load on Support or because it was too difficult to weed out those that afked for a reason (emergency at home or they had already died 5 bizillion times and they had had enough) and those that entered with the intent of going afk. Whatever it was.. that is where we are now. It is alright to afk in instances in NA Aion. Period.

With that in mind, if afks bother you, then the one sure fire way to avoid them is by making a pre-made. If you quick enter, you have to come to terms with the fact that there is a good chance that some or all of your group will not even be leaving the starting area. For EC, try entering with a group/alliance of friends. Even if more people join and afk, you can still do a lot and have a lot of fun running with your friends.

If afking were going to be made illegal again, I would never want "the leader" to have the power to kick anyone. You do realize that the leader is just whoever clicked "enter" fastest. It's random. And we have all witnessed the craptastic things that random leaders in Coalition alliances do. 

13 hours ago, Arxaggelos-SL said:

So in short this game starts to suck, this is the suggestion section but we shouldn't suggest anything. Then aion dies and people wonder why.

Not at all. But you would have to agree that understanding how we got to the point we are is important to suggesting ways out of it. Right? To someone that joined after 2012, they would be unaware that afking used to be illegal and that it was purposefully made legal. That's kind of an important fact.

I suggested for rewards for no contribution to be 0, bad players will always try to find ways to create a contribution to their alt char, but at least lets make it harder for them to benefit.

In the end I would love to see two different entries of the same instance:

1) Same as before, afk = rewards
2) All or nothing, you win you get rewards, you lose you get nothing. I swear I would constantly be in all or nothing entry.

I cannot believe how you all are ok with afkers, maybe you have ten alts and you love to afk this is why you defend this thing. There is no other explanation.

they need to remove Kicking altogether and just do an auto ban for afk.. or ncsoft needs to implement 4 day bans for afk like they used too...

I just got booted out of an evergale for NO REASON...wasnt even afk...

by some idiot temp named Humus or something from TM

remove the ability to kick people so legit players dont get screwed by idiot leaders who kick whenever they feel for no reason

and we have to sit for 5 sometimes 15 minsto wait to get back in....why is that our fault?

Archived