Jump to content
Forums

Fail: Aion Classic Character Reservation Is Live


Recommended Posts

Character reservation day should have been for pre-orders first, a few days later you could have opened it for everyone. I have friends who pre-ordered (they paid you know) and can't make an Asmodian in Siel, but of course they can't even make an Asmodian in Israphel either right now (not that they wanted to play there).

Great thing you made people pay for Aion and people lost their slots to most likely bot accounts that haven't paid a dime and most likely never pay at all.

Now give those bots their 1h free every day, it should work as intended.

If I got locked out of making Siel-Asmodian, I would have requested my pre-order money back and wouldn't play until they allowed me to play the Faction/Server I want.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Canthal

Well nyerk... I was looking forward to then I get off work today at 5... Was going to go home and secure an asmo... I hope they open up more spots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StormRocK-DN said:

this is so pathetic i can't play asmo im asmo for forever ... i don't pay for playing elyos i can't imagine this fails i ca

n't play whit my friends and other... 

2 minutes ago, Guest Canthal said:

Well nyerk... I was looking forward to then I get off work today at 5... Was going to go home and secure an asmo... I hope they open up more spots.

What they are doing is restricting actual players. Telling people "you can't make an Asmodian" won't make them play an elyos. MMORPGS do not work like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way the same problems could have happened. To restrict the character creation to those that pre-ordered, I think, would have been a whole ton of work thats not necessary. And the pre-order packages are open until the 30th, so if you had someone who didn't know for sure if they wanted to actually pre-order it yet and was waiting for the release then it would be unfair. If the character creation opened to those who bought it already, then when it got time to the players who were free or holding off on pre-ordering they'd have the same problems. I dont know if NCWest's servers can handle an abundance of one race. The live game has plenty of problems, so im sure if theres 20:1 with asmos to elyos it would cause some problems. Not to mention if theres 20:1 (a very dramatic and unrealistic number) it would create an entirely unplayable and boring game for both sides. Youd have so many asmos that you can do anything, yet so little elyos theres no fun in pvping because no elyos would do it. Over time the elyos would slowly degrade as theres no point in pvping and no one to do anything pve with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is one week to go... GMs are occasionally taking care about population. Just try to create a character every few mins, just like in the good old days...

It has been announced when servers gonna open to reserve a character and a name. Being 4 hours too late, is 4 hours too late and was missing the head start.

Edited by NetRunner-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Either way the same problems could have happened. To restrict the character creation to those that pre-ordered, I think, would have been a whole ton of work thats not necessary. And the pre-order packages are open until the 30th, so if you had someone who didn't know for sure if they wanted to actually pre-order it yet and was waiting for the release then it would be unfair. If the character creation opened to those who bought it already, then when it got time to the players who were free or holding off on pre-ordering they'd have the same problems. I dont know if NCWest's servers can handle an abundance of one race. The live game has plenty of problems, so im sure if theres 20:1 with asmos to elyos it would cause some problems. Not to mention if theres 20:1 (a very dramatic and unrealistic number) it would create an entirely unplayable and boring game for both sides. Youd have so many asmos that you can do anything, yet so little elyos theres no fun in pvping because no elyos would do it. Over time the elyos would slowly degrade as theres no point in pvping and no one to do anything pve with.

Which is all well and good, but it seems a pretty bonkers way of organizing characters as a whole.  It's going to completely eliminate the ability for friends/partners/legions to work together and sign up together.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Which is all well and good, but it seems a pretty bonkers way of organizing characters as a whole.  It's going to completely eliminate the ability for friends/partners/legions to work together and sign up together.  

 

1 minute ago, Guest Kumori said:

I have never and will never play an Elyos character.

Well like @NetRunner-DN just posted. It appears the GMs are purposely closing creation so that they can create a balance between the factions. So as it seems, everyone wants asmos and no one wants elyos. Honestly, I agree with it and support it. I personally am an elyos, so im baised. But currently theres such a big problem with some servers having so many more asmos over elyos or vice verse, so its crucial that we create that balance early on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Asmoguy

I agree. I only play Asmo paid for the 90 day premium and now cant even create a character which also prevents me from playing.  Some friends of mine got in early but I just got off work. This is such a terrible way to launch a game. I see lots of refund requests incoming soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Day 1 of Character Creation. It hasn't launched yet. This is a hiccup. They're limiting race creation for the sake of balance, which is nice of them to want to keep things balanced, but now there is a consequence of that choice. Give them some time to come up with a solution or amend things. Things aren't on fire yet.

If they don't do anything: get upset/chargeback/carry on with what you're doing now/etc - but give them some time to amend this concern before all of the blowing up and pitchforks and whining and anger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2s32FC60 said:

It's Day 1 of Character Creation. It hasn't launched yet. This is a hiccup. They're limiting race creation for the sake of balance, which is nice of them to want to keep things balanced, but now there is a consequence of that choice. Give them some time to come up with a solution or amend things. Things aren't on fire yet.

If they don't do anything: get upset/chargeback/carry on with what you're doing now/etc - but give them some time to amend this concern before all of the blowing up and pitchforks and whining and anger.

I hope you're right.  It is just a few hours after launch.  I guess we'll wait and see if things open up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Yuber

I would not despair. Try every few minutes and eventually you will find an Asmo slot. I just secured mines moments ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Either way the same problems could have happened. To restrict the character creation to those that pre-ordered, I think, would have been a whole ton of work thats not necessary. And the pre-order packages are open until the 30th, so if you had someone who didn't know for sure if they wanted to actually pre-order it yet and was waiting for the release then it would be unfair. If the character creation opened to those who bought it already, then when it got time to the players who were free or holding off on pre-ordering they'd have the same problems. I dont know if NCWest's servers can handle an abundance of one race. The live game has plenty of problems, so im sure if theres 20:1 with asmos to elyos it would cause some problems. Not to mention if theres 20:1 (a very dramatic and unrealistic number) it would create an entirely unplayable and boring game for both sides. Youd have so many asmos that you can do anything, yet so little elyos theres no fun in pvping because no elyos would do it. Over time the elyos would slowly degrade as theres no point in pvping and no one to do anything pve with.

Yes but people that ALREADY paid, they already should have access even if people who didn't pay got locked. Why are they asking for peopel to pay for subscription if they are going to treat them equally to those that won't give a dime. an also lets be honest, most of the accoutns are already bots.

What would be fair is to make the balancing rules, but leave out people who preordered, if someone has preordered for his 100 bots, then all the power to him. But I know for fact pre-orders are made by actual players predominantly.

If anyone already paid and can't create a character, then NCWest will simply lose money because f2p players got the slots before those who paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Parathyro
18 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes but people that ALREADY paid, they already should have access even if people who didn't pay got locked. Why are they asking for peopel to pay for subscription if they are going to treat them equally to those that won't give a dime. an also lets be honest, most of the accoutns are already bots.

What would be fair is to make the balancing rules, but leave out people who preordered, if someone has preordered for his 100 bots, then all the power to him. But I know for fact pre-orders are made by actual players predominantly.

If anyone already paid and can't create a character, then NCWest will simply lose money because f2p players got the slots before those who paid.

I think there is a logical explanation for this. Imo first they wanted to open the char creation for people who bought a founders pack, selling that " reserve your name and side " before 23 June. Then they saw how many people bought the preorders ( imo less than 500), so most people wanted to try it out first on 23 then decide. That would lead to the same problem we have now. Unbalanced sides and people crying. So its better now than when the servers go live. Imagine people spamming forums on 23 " I cannt create asmo, i cannt play with my friends". Now they have a whole week to deal with this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Guest Parathyro said:

I think there is a logical explanation for this. Imo first they wanted to open the char creation for people who bought a founders pack, selling that " reserve your name and side " before 23 June. Then they saw how many people bought the preorders ( imo less than 500), so most people wanted to try it out first on 23 then decide. That would lead to the same problem we have now. Unbalanced sides and people crying. So its better now than when the servers go live. Imagine people spamming forums on 23 " I cannt create asmo, i cannt play with my friends". Now they have a whole week to deal with this.  

Nah, they do not have that much foresight. They must have thought that "peopel will come, pay, we will have 2000 asmodians and 200 elyos and we will be cashign once every month, easy peazy".

I still believe the very very 1st day should have been for those that pre-ordered. After all the game is not launched yet, so you pre-make your character because you pre-paid for it.

They rushed it, they could have given 1 week for prepaid ones, and another week for the f2p and then launch it.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like is going to be Ereshkigal Server 2.0 but in Classic with everyone only playing asmo haha, and the 100 remaining Elyos Playing is going to leave because for the masive unbalance, but we going to see which server is going to be dominated by Elyos or Asmo when is live , because we dont know which side is creating more bots than the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Nah, they do not have that much foresight. They must have thought that "peopel will come, pay, we will have 2000 asmodians and 200 elyos and we will be cashign once every month, easy peazy".

...

They did have foresight, you are just trolling.

It's pretty obvious that the week between character creation, and being able to play , was all about getting the servers balanced before it goes live.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...