Don't add additional servers yet.

Guest really

Guest really

In the discord, many people openly admitted to having between 4 - 10 Aion accounts. They used these accounts to claim more than one name. 

The Asmodian faction was locked, but I feel like it doesn't really show the true balance of the current factions as many of these created characters are just alts and placeholders for names.

I saw many people already asking for new servers, but if they add additional servers without knowing the true balance, it will only create more problems.

Honestly, reservation should have just been for Pre-Orders because I doubt people would have paid more than 5 times for names. (I'm sure some would have, but not nearly as much.)

Guest Wootage

Yeah for sure, it was a bad idea to let everyone reserve a name , only those who pre ordered were supposed to have that luxury imo 

Guest st0n3
10 minutes ago, Guest really said:

show the true balance

cmon, i bet every 3rd who personally created his one and only character won't ever login into this game again. it could've been balance if it was precreate for preorders, otherwise its a creepshow. and great statistics for NC West to show to their KR head office.

Guest Really
17 minutes ago, Guest Wootage said:

Yeah for sure, it was a bad idea to let everyone reserve a name , only those who pre ordered were supposed to have that luxury imo 

Exactly. These numbers that are getting mentioned are so ridiculous. "Thousands of characters made" but so many people had multiple accounts.

You can go on the discord and search it to see how bad it was. Someone even said they saved ten names. 

3 hours ago, Guest really said:

In the discord, many people openly admitted to having between 4 - 10 Aion accounts. They used these accounts to claim more than one name. 

Yup, I have accumulated 4 accounts over the years, but I am careful enough only to create a character on one of them, because I know it skews the player statistics for the GM.  I won't use the other accounts on Aion Classic until the game is well established enough so we know the actual faction/sever balance by play feel rather than counting "bums on seats".

Guest Beansprout

That's a pretty dumb argument to make for not adding servers. One of the CMs said in the restrictions post that this is effectively a worldwide release as EU doesn't have anything yet and KR is a bit harder to get in. With how many people bought accounts to play on classic KR, and the huge 5x leap in KR's population when classic dropped there, 2 servers on NA is not enough. KR classic had 5 or 6 servers to start and they always had a queue during the free week and peak hours after. Now imagine that all the NA, EU, SEA, CN, JP players who want to play classic, but not pay some shady 3rd party site to buy and account, and cram them into 2 NA servers.

Guest Athame

A lot of people reserving a ton of names on Asmodian side are also roleplayers who played the f2p versions with a dozen or more characters and multiboxed. There wasn't much of an RP community presence on Elyos side so I have a feeling and a worry that a large influx of name claims and characters are from RPers coming back on Asmodian side. So it's true that I believe under the current conditions, it doesn't and won't reflect actual server balance at all.

Guest Rurumo
1 hour ago, Guest Athame said:

A lot of people reserving a ton of names on Asmodian side are also roleplayers who played the f2p versions with a dozen or more characters and multiboxed. There wasn't much of an RP community presence on Elyos side so I have a feeling and a worry that a large influx of name claims and characters are from RPers coming back on Asmodian side. So it's true that I believe under the current conditions, it doesn't and won't reflect actual server balance at all.

Why do RPers need dozens of characters each? That's the weirdest thing I've heard in the last 7 minutes.

Guest Really
2 hours ago, Guest Beansprout said:

That's a pretty dumb argument to make for not adding servers. One of the CMs said in the restrictions post that this is effectively a worldwide release as EU doesn't have anything yet and KR is a bit harder to get in. With how many people bought accounts to play on classic KR, and the huge 5x leap in KR's population when classic dropped there, 2 servers on NA is not enough. KR classic had 5 or 6 servers to start and they always had a queue during the free week and peak hours after. Now imagine that all the NA, EU, SEA, CN, JP players who want to play classic, but not pay some shady 3rd party site to buy and account, and cram them into 2 NA servers.

To be fair, I said "yet."

I am well aware of how popular launch will be. My original post mentioned how people were asking for new servers to be added *right now* for reservations. Those servers would definitely be imbalanced with faction choices.

At launch, however, I am positive they'll add more servers once they can get a good estimate of how many people are wanting to play. 

I'm sure if overcrowding is going to be an issue, more servers will be added, just like in Korea. We the players, have no idea what the populations are going to look like, only NCsoft does at this point. Just because Asmos were locked for a mere few hours, doesn't mean that the population as a whole was huge, just that there was a huge imbalance, which was fixed as evident with Asmo creation becoming unlocked. 

Archived