Are you changing your main class for classic?

Guest Tron

Started Aion as a Chanter and refuse to abuse myself any longer so I will be switching to Cleric with a Glad for tweenk fun. 

My main was Sorc, then Chanter, then switched back to my Sorc again. Later Gunslinger when NCSoft released them, is still my main until today.

In Classic, it will be Sorc again with Chanter as a backup/buffer. "Crush our enemies!"

🙃

I'm deeply considering swapping to Templar from Gladiator.  I played throughout most eras of Aion but I played the most during 2.5-4.0.  3.0+ was a much healthier time to be a Gladiator, so I'm worried I may be setting myself up for disappointment in playing it this time around.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

I'm deeply considering swapping to Templar from Gladiator.  I played throughout most eras of Aion but I played the most during 2.5-4.0.  3.0+ was a much healthier time to be a Gladiator, so I'm worried I may be setting myself up for disappointment in playing it this time around.

Thoughts?

I honestly don't know a lot aboot this version of the game just yet I saw it go up yesterday.   If its the game I played from 09-15 then I will say  a good templar is the second most OP class in the game. Glads are what you put into them +5 ( spin to win) but still lose to the top 2 (Cleric Templar)  at equal skill range.     

23 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Thoughts?

Glads are great in 1.x. In the original version of the game you could really see the developers intentions for glad, being able to do the most damage wielding a greatsword of the plate armor classes. The Templar on the other hand was always incredibly hard to kill, but really hugged the role of main tank, doing little to no damage, and leveling in groups to keep up.

Play glad, glad is probably the most consistent class across all patches imo. They always have the ability to be one of the best, do great damage, and plate armor is plate armor.

7 hours ago, IsaacNuketon said:

Glads are great in 1.x. In the original version of the game you could really see the developers intentions for glad, being able to do the most damage wielding a greatsword of the plate armor classes. The Templar on the other hand was always incredibly hard to kill, but really hugged the role of main tank, doing little to no damage, and leveling in groups to keep up.

Play glad, glad is probably the most consistent class across all patches imo. They always have the ability to be one of the best, do great damage, and plate armor is plate armor.

Thanks for the perspective.  I am really looking forward to experiencing the game at base.  But hearing about the consistency is actually the best thing I could have hoped for.  I definitely recall hearing friends complain about the viability of their classes rise and fall.  Not a fan of that, get enough of that from stuff like LoL and Overwatch.  

I will likely stay Gladiator.  Probably 90% certain. :)

Guest velimirius

Was Ranger back in the day but my style changed since then so im looking on Cleric/Chanter or Templar, still thinking.

Guest Holika

My main was a cleric a decade ago until a stopped couple of years along the way. 

It would be nice to play cleric again for nostalgia but I am contemplating on re-rolling. We shall see. 🤔

Considering my main has always been SW. I can't really play that class in classic.

Gonna aim for sorc I guess. 

Also hope that the 4.x classes make it to the game at some point since I'd really love to play SW again but we shall see since the lore is supposed to be rewritten

My main changes depending on my mood.

It was a Cleric on DN, currently an SW on KT.

For Classic I have rolled an SM called Skuff on Siel which is full subscription, and on this account a Ranger called Alvie which is f2p.

The reason being I wanted a labrat f2p toon to see how limited the one hour per day f2p  really is.

When people complain in these forums about f2p restrictions, I will know if they are describing things accurately.

When Aion first came out i was a gladi for very long time , like 3-4 years or more , then cleric for 3 years , then chanter until now .. For classic i think i will switch to assassin or ranger , something that i haven't rly got to play at this lower patches.. also bored of healing for long , long years :D :D  

Guest First time ranger..

I played with glad, templar, sorc, sm quit after kahrun update (EU player). On classic Aion first time playing with ranger (I plan to play only one character)

So far.. it feels tiresome and not rewarding.. you have to weave a lot, you will struggle with elite mobs while templar, glad, sm hop around and ignore them.. feels like fragile sorc with small damage.

I suck at jump shot.. and my bad ping also contributing to failures :P

But this is early level experience (level 24).. I am curious how it will evolve :)

Archived