Updates?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Dies anyone know if classic is going to have updates like 3.0 etc.?  If so, what’s the point of playing classic if we eventually end up where we are now ? 

Guest Daggamie-DN

Update will stop at 2.7

But since L2 also got classic server i can guess that when 2.7 will get reach there will have update that goes in a different way that the live goes. Now L2 live and L2 class are like 2 different dimension/timeline game. Since L2 is also NCsoft we can guess that there will have update after 2.7 but it will be strictly different as the live but keeping the essence of classic. L2 live goes with awakening class wich made NCsoft lose a lot of plater. L2 classic still have update but will never get the awakening class. we can so guess that we will keep what player loved on Aion from 2.7 and before and will be added new thing but in a different way and in 1 or 2 years Aion live and Aion classic will be 2 different world

Guest Rurumo

They will never patch classic to the current state of retail, it defeats the entire point.  That's what retail fresh start servers are for.  I'm not 100% sure on this, but I've heard they are considering patching classic with entirely new patches to avoid the mistakes of the past that ruined the game.  Classic is so different from retail Aion you can hardly compare the two.

19 minutes ago, Guest Devir said:

Well for me when they come out with the 2.0 i am out.

You may not love Aion on 2.0 and after.

But keep in mind, Aion live and Aion classic will becaume like 2 dimension. Take  like DBZ, trunks goes in past to kill an ennemy before he get out of controle and ruin the futur, once he go back in his time the world is greatly different from what he got raised.

That will be about the same with Aion. Aion live is the universe in destroy, Aion classic will be the universe where bad thing didnt happen or happened in a different way.

20 minutes ago, Daggamie-DN said:

You may not love Aion on 2.0 and after.

But keep in mind, Aion live and Aion classic will becaume like 2 dimension. Take  like DBZ, trunks goes in past to kill an ennemy before he get out of controle and ruin the futur, once he go back in his time the world is greatly different from what he got raised.

That will be about the same with Aion. Aion live is the universe in destroy, Aion classic will be the universe where bad thing didnt happen or happened in a different way.

Hopefully the devs won't run Aion into the ground this time around.  Staying Pay-to-Play this time will be a good way to prevent that...

21 minutes ago, Matthieu-KT said:

Hopefully the devs won't run Aion into the ground this time around.  Staying Pay-to-Play this time will be a good way to prevent that...

I also hope that they keep the Pay-to-play ( cause ofc the free to play mode is more to chill out with friend if you have money issue for a month since its very restrictive and i like it like that ). if that can prevent having super P2W item in cash shop i might play until server close for good.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I feel like many people would actually like if Classic continues up to 4.7 patch and then stops there. That seems to be the patch that everyone loved the most before the destruction of maps that we've been seeing in every major patch since then.

6 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I feel like many people would actually like if Classic continues up to 4.7 patch and then stops there. That seems to be the patch that everyone loved the most before the destruction of maps that we've been seeing in every major patch since then.

they said that they will stop with the live 2.7 content. but they will surly created from scratch new update just for aion classic and so we will get a 4.7 but a different one, maybe even better or even worse, only time can say.

3.x was had some good stuff, but the game going free to play, creation of pure PVE zones via Kahrun's Will, just need to be left out. Tia forts were fun, most of the instances were fun, ofc the eye was great. I could take or leave mounts, but housing was fun for those interested in that. 

47 minutes ago, Arazith said:

3.x was had some good stuff, but the game going free to play, creation of pure PVE zones via Kahrun's Will, just need to be left out. Tia forts were fun, most of the instances were fun, ofc the eye was great. I could take or leave mounts, but housing was fun for those interested in that. 

They were fun, but what killed sieges was when they introduces non-abyss forts. Flying is what attracted the audience to Aion in the first place. Ground based sieges were a dumb idea. They should have focused on the flying.

4 hours ago, Guest Devir said:

Well for me when they come out with the 2.0 i am out.

Aion 2.0 was actually very good. From 2.5 yes..it started to go down-hills. 3.0 was a joke and so, I understand why they will "stop" at 2.7 ! 

Maybe they will develop with the "Aion-Vision" ( for whoever remembers one of THE most amazing trailers ) in mind afterwards.

Guest Daggamie-DN
19 minutes ago, IceAge said:

Aion 2.0 was actually very good. From 2.5 yes..it started to go down-hills. 3.0 was a joke and so, I understand why they will "stop" at 2.7 ! 

Maybe they will develop with the "Aion-Vision" ( for whoever remembers one of THE most amazing trailers ) in mind afterwards.

A lot of thing that was underworking and have been canceled could be done on the classic 🥰

we don't know what they plan to do, but the further from "retail" I suspect the better.  Lets all make it our mantra.  Lore and story and treat the game with some seriousness.

I'm looking forward to I hope good role play (the classic user generated content!) and some awesome fort sieges.  If your gonna rift, rift and go find PvP'rs that wanna play..  They'll be plenty without anyone needing to gank newbies, lowbies and PvE'rs.  (it's gonna happen, but don't make it your goal.  Play nice.. you don't have to be nice, but play nice.. it's a GAME.   Save your PvP for concentual play like end zones and sieges.

Korean devs pretty much laid out all their plans last year. It will go to 2.7 then go into maintenance mode with no further updates after that. The only way it would go past 2.7 is if popular demand pushes them to go into 3.0 era. People expecting a "different path" from retail are mistaken. They are continuing patches on 8.0 servers and up in Korea because it's still relatively successful and there's been a lot of buzz about 8.2 and 8.5 moving away from p2w structure, but has not been confirmed by any officials.

1 hour ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Korean devs pretty much laid out all their plans last year. It will go to 2.7 then go into maintenance mode with no further updates after that. The only way it would go past 2.7 is if popular demand pushes them to go into 3.0 era. People expecting a "different path" from retail are mistaken. They are continuing patches on 8.0 servers and up in Korea because it's still relatively successful and there's been a lot of buzz about 8.2 and 8.5 moving away from p2w structure, but has not been confirmed by any officials.

I would not expect them to go to a different path if they didn't do it with their other game L2. Since its the same compagnie and 2 game that got the same issue (very disliked update causing a huge amount of quitting player).

Continuing with update strait like live update will only create a clone of the game and have the same sad story.

time will tell.

Guest Beansprout
22 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

4.7.5 was the very last moment retail was good. The death of any fun in an MMO comes from "simplifying" or pandering to an imaginary market that they think they'll attract, which ends up alienating a lot of players. I have no clue what's real and what's rumor, but if they plan a different development path for classic, Katalam and Danaria need to be in there somewhere. Sarpan was a bit of a dead zone, Tiamaranta had some good things, and the Eye was the best thing 3.x PvP had to offer. 2.x is an incredible expansion, Udas, Besh, and fighting in Silentera were great. There were lots of ups and downs for retail Aion, but as far as a lot of old players care, 4.8 was the tipping point in retail becoming a completely different game from what people loved. It would be cool to see new life and new ideas, but that's up to whoever's in Korea actually caring about Aion Classic as retreading old ground and avoiding mistakes that were made to chase money. Maybe with more mobile Aion IPs they'll try to keep classic true to it's core?

11 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Lotta wild speculation with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Speculation?

Nothing to back it up?

NCsoft made a classic of L2 before making a classic of Aion.

NCsoft said in october 2018: l2 classic wont go over the hight-five update.

Juilly 2021 :l2  classic got many update over the time that have nothing to do with the old original update and even called the update differently.

Who made L2? : Ncsoft Korea

Who made Aion?: Ncsoft Korea

L2 classic is made as a mirror of what? L2 classic Korea

Aion classic will be made as a mirror of what? Aion classic Korea

Fact enought?

5 minutes ago, Daggamie-DN said:

Speculation?

Nothing to back it up?

NCsoft made a classic of L2 before making a classic of Aion.

NCsoft said in october 2018: l2 classic wont go over the hight-five update.

Juilly 2021 :l2  classic got many update over the time that have nothing to do with the old original update and even called the update differently.

Who made L2? : Ncsoft

Who made Aion?: Ncsoft

Fact?

Speculationthe activity of guessing possible answers to a question without having enough information to be certain.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/speculation

In order for anything you poorly spelled to be considered fact, it would at the very least need confirmation from official NCSoft channels confirming it explicitly.  

It shouldn't be hard to differentiate the difference between facts and speculation.

You can speculate that Aion might go down a different trajectory, but you cannot claim any of whatever this statement was to be fact.  Aion and L2 are separate games, and though their parent company is the same, there are still different teams managing them with possibly different objectives.  Their player bases may share some overlap, but there are dedicated L2 and dedicated Aion players who do not double dip.  A different player base may also drastically change the direction of the game in the coming months or years.

And none of that is provable, because we do not have any sort of confirmation from the company, and can only guess (or, if I may, speculate) based on similar date.

Just remember.. Updates to "AIon Classic" may bear very little resemblance to Aion retail.  The Devs can cherry pick the very best of the past and incorporate it into the future and while they're at it avoid much of the stat and power creep AND un-needed complexity.    I will miss being an Aethertech however..fun class..

4 minutes ago, Bittena-DN said:

Just remember.. Updates to "AIon Classic" may bear very little resemblance to Aion retail.  The Devs can cherry pick the very best of the past and incorporate it into the future and while they're at it avoid much of the stat and power creep AND un-needed complexity.    I will miss being an Aethertech however..fun class..

I hope you're right.  Previous updates a decade ago used the best information they had then about what direction to take the game.  You'd hope that now, over a decade later, they have more information and understand better the needs of the game, their players, etc.

I suspect the game will look less and less as it did as patches go on as small, subtle but important changes are made to the flow of the game, the balance of classes and gear, and whatnot.

Archived