Kinah for F2P players

Guest Sander

6 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

I really hope you're right.  Allowing it to be brokerable just provides an in for bots and alike.  Subscription services in no small part are to combat that scourge. :(

I went actually to their classic store and only see Siel's Aura for 30 days. It costs around 19,800 coins, which I guess is roughly $15? I'm not exactly sure of the exchange rate, however, trying to purchase more than one gives an error saying "the maximum quantity of this item purchased can be 1". The description says "Siel's Aura can be applied for 30 days" which reinforces the statement that there's no such thing as brokerable Siel's Aura, but it's still a direct payment instead.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Siel's Aura is subscription that must be done through direct payment. It can't be brokered because it doesn't work like Prestige pack.

Even if it was on the broker, it makes no difference, someone at some point had to do a direct payment to purchase it.

1 minute ago, Ferk-DN said:

Even if it was on the broker, it makes no difference, someone at some point had to do a direct payment to purchase it.

The problem is that usually leads to the rich getting richer, and it's main cause of inflation on EU servers (the Gold Packs), which leads to p2w. Poor players cannot afford anything, therefore making the game unplayable to some. It's not an issue here on Live servers because you don't really need Prestige to play the game, whereas in EU the gold pack is a must in order to use the broker or do trading.

Besides agreeing with others on p2p being the way to go, I don't get why cry about it here when current live Aion is f2p without restrictions?
Why not just play that?

I just don't get the "I can play retail f2p Aion, but instead I'm going to demand this other Aion game be f2p as well" ... ¬¬

4 minutes ago, Wesker-KT said:

Besides agreeing with others on p2p being the way to go, I don't get why cry about it here when current live Aion is f2p without restrictions?
Why not just play that?

I just don't get the "I can play retail f2p Aion, but instead I'm going to demand this other Aion game be f2p as well" ... ¬¬

At least half the morons on these forums seem to be here to whine and complain about stuff that's irrelevant, wrong, or simply not going to change.  

Aion, as a game, was awesome.  The community has always had... issues. lol

6 hours ago, Wesker-KT said:

Why not just play that?

People want classic to be as free as Live servers, because it's different patch and different game. People know classic is superior to whatever Aion is now. They should be thankful for that 1h free because I think that's too generous already.

The biggest thing no matter how much all these players want it. It's a North American release. They're going to price it as far as the market goes. It's literally basic economics.

They would not price something that they're not putting in to market for North America to where they don't think the consumer would be able to afford it. 

I'm sorry for all the countries that are excluded in this. But that's just basic capitalism.

2 hours ago, Guest Fork said:

The biggest thing no matter how much all these players want it. It's a North American release. They're going to price it as far as the market goes. It's literally basic economics.

They would not price something that they're not putting in to market for North America to where they don't think the consumer would be able to afford it. 

I'm sorry for all the countries that are excluded in this. But that's just basic capitalism.

I don't even know what these people expect; you think that the company would reduce your monthly cost because your countries dollar is worse off against USD?  What kind of dumbass logic is that.  One rate for all people, irrespective to where you come from, is much more fair and logical (not to mention easier to maintain).  The second you alter that you're going to have everyone running a VPN to alter their place of origin to get a cheaper account.

It's like people come here to thoughtlessly complain about the stupidest things.

I still believe they could have had a few servers with subscription only and 1 server totally free for those who can't pay for it and of course to maintain it they would have to put items in shop. Maybe p2w people also like to play in a game that allows them to be first while others struggle, but that is how a game dies.

Lastly if in your country 15$ is half a month's salary then 15$ in USA is not enough to even pay for a meal. Servers need to sustain in a big economy and the salaries of the employees need to be paid by this.

They could have had servers for SA with their rates, just like RU servers have for Russians and European servers have for Europe.

28 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I still believe they could have had a few servers with subscription only and 1 server totally free for those who can't pay for it and of course to maintain it they would have to put items in shop. Maybe p2w people also like to play in a game that allows them to be first while others struggle, but that is how a game dies.

Lastly if in your country 15$ is half a month's salary then 15$ in USA is not enough to even pay for a meal. Servers need to sustain in a big economy and the salaries of the employees need to be paid by this.

They could have had servers for SA with their rates, just like RU servers have for Russians and European servers have for Europe.

There's a lot wrong with this.

1) NC does not want to support F2P players.  Any attempts at an alternate solution are going to be undermined by this reality.  They will not be making accommodations for people in this sense, and I don't really understand why you would want them to.  Nothing, I repeat, nothing about a F2P server would be healthy. For anyone.  And introducing cash shop alternatives to such a server would just widen a disparity between people who can pay, and people who don't.  The free players would be literal fodder to be farmed.  This is absolutely illogical thinking from the ground up.

2) If in any country, 15$ is half a months salary, you have literally, absolutely, undeniably no business even considering playing a subscription based game, do you?  Respectfully, your political-economical climate seems to suggest you're not in a place where such a thing is a wise financial consideration.  That's not NC's fault, nor is it their responsibility to cater to this.  Their pricing is (a largely inflated value) based on their needs to maintain the game.  Their needs aren't lesser because you're from a poorer country.  And if they started charging less for poorer countries, ignoring the whole ethics of effectively taxing countries at different rates, it would just cause everyone to use a VPN to play from Madagascar and pay less.  Again, this makes literally no sense.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I still believe they could have had a few servers with subscription only and 1 server totally free for those who can't pay for it and of course to maintain it they would have to put items in shop.

They did, and it's called Aion 7.9

Aoin Classic is a product for people that can afford the benefits of a subscription, Aion 7.9 is for people that can't. Aion have products for most income levels.

Guest Nexus
10 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

People want classic to be as free as Live servers, because it's different patch and different game. People know classic is superior to whatever Aion is now. They should be thankful for that 1h free because I think that's too generous already.

Yeah they might want it to be f2p, but then will cry, b*tch and moan about p2w. So you can't win. It's not a charity, at the end of the day whether people like it or not. Businesses usually want to make money, and NC obviously doing that with subscriptions, and daeva pass. 

Like others have said, you aren't entitled to having free stuff or having things the way you want them. It's a business it can do/ decide to do things how it wants to. 

If this release was f2p, you can only imagine the crying people would do about the cash shop and p2w events.

8 minutes ago, Guest Nexus said:

Yeah they might want it to be f2p, but then will cry, b*tch and moan about p2w. So you can't win. It's not a charity, at the end of the day whether people like it or not. Businesses usually want to make money, and NC obviously doing that with subscriptions, and daeva pass. 

Like others have said, you aren't entitled to having free stuff or having things the way you want them. It's a business it can do/ decide to do things how it wants to. 

If this release was f2p, you can only imagine the crying people would do about the cash shop and p2w events.

Of course, can't win with either payment model. It's f2p? It's total p2w garbage like Live servers now. Buy 2 play would end up p2w as well. Subscription but no p2w? People cry because it's not free. I'm starting to get sick of these posts personally, like, we get it people, you aren't happy, but I haven't seen forums this active since 2017, or when 6.0 came out.

Guest Nexus
2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Of course, can't win with either payment model. It's f2p? It's total p2w garbage like Live servers now. Buy 2 play would end up p2w as well. Subscription but no p2w? People cry because it's not free. I'm starting to get sick of these posts personally, like, we get it people, you aren't happy, but I haven't seen forums this active since 2017, or when 6.0 came out.

Totally agree.

People are never happy. I'm just glad and happy they are giving us Classic. They could have just said no, and not brought it to the West.

People should just be happy it's not f2p and p2w cash shop/ events. 

6 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

If in any country, 15$ is half a months salary, you have literally, absolutely, undeniably no business even considering playing a subscription based game, do you?  Respectfully, your political-economical climate seems to suggest you're not in a place where such a thing is a wise financial consideration.  

I agree on this. To put an example, there is 30% unemployment here and, from those who work, 65% work independently (no social security, benefits and of course less income than the $200 minimum wage in a lot of cases).

You are right, even tho I have a part time job in which I win 200 dollars a month, it's clear the decisión between eating and giving money for a game. That's why I play retail for free. It's been hard to keep up with those pay-to-win players, but can't complain. I hate with my soul the RNG part of the game, but I still believe that AION (even retail) is a great game. It helps to cope with the miserable life and country I live in, keeps me distracted and, since I heard that classic was a superior version, then here I am jeje

Sure, NC company interests don't align with our segment, not a big deal, it's normal. With such huge restriction of playing without Siel's aura, it's obviously not worth it. But still, I'm just glad to be able to try the game I like. At least we got a taste of the best chocolate and, while doing so, others paying subscriptions will see more players and be able to have fun. That will be my contribution, at least.

On 6/19/2021 at 1:03 PM, Guest Fork said:

I'm so confused as to why people think $15 a month is a lot of money. Netflix nowadays is $20 a month. I can't even buy a decent lunch that isn't fast food (which is $10) for less than $15.

I'm sorry but if you can't afford $15 a month you may need to rethink why are you even playing video games and not out working.

Netflix is cheaper in other countries. This is something that Blizzard also does

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I guess with the 1 hour Siel's Aura you can, which by the way, is an awful way to allow the economy to get inflated fast and get it ruined.

So true... f2p should not have access to the broker.

Archived