aion classic should be free to those who been playing since 2009

Guest Frank

Guest Nexus
3 hours ago, Malloc-KT said:

Posts around classic reveal how toxic the community was and how toxic the community will be.

I my self dont mind a healthy sub based game and I really hope AION classic to be one (hoping for NC to forget the P2W system but it is hard to kick sugar out of your life).

However, there is no excuse for offensive or racist comments like

You guys need to understand that some people are not living under the same standards. In some countries the minimum wage is equivalent to an hour work of others. Of course asking an NA server to facilitate any other country is a bit too much. However, that is no excuse for acting like an offensive brat against someone who is not fortunate enough to live where you leave and earn what you earn.

Possibly the best solution would be the below.

Giving a free hour is like giving a small daily dose to an addict.  If NC really wanted to give people a chance to try they could have given 1week 1day , 10 levels ,1 hour trial but instead they know that by refreshing the pleasure for 1h per day to the addicts they will keep them in the hook and eventually they will look for ways to buy more.

This is my opinion though. The only thing that is certain is that there is no room for racism or bullying.

Keep your toxicity for your self.

You are a complete moron. Saying to someone "get a job and stop begging" is supposedly now racist, lmao. 

Get off your high horse. This isn't twitter.

You are not entitled to free stuff. End of. Just because you don't like someone else' opinion, does not make it bullying or racism. Go and look up what racism actually is, before trying to take some point that doesn't exist. 

9 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

That is actually not correct. The current set up is bot friendly !!!

When Aion came out in 2009 there were bots in no time, and there were no f2p accounts, like there are in Aion Classic. The bot runners had to pay for full subscriptions for several years.

Just now, Alvie said:

When Aion came out in 2009 there were bots in no time, and there were no f2p accounts, like there are in Aion Classic. The bot runners had to pay for full subscriptions for several years.

With the only difference the dont need to pay anymore ! 1free hour then drops of common grade Stigma and other shards, gathering and aether. The can log so they can bot ^^

2 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

With the only difference the dont need to pay anymore ! 1free hour then drops of common grade Stigma and other shards, gathering and aether. The can log so they can bot ^^

The free hour thing means little, the bots want kinah etc. to sell 24/7,  so they will pay for a subscription just like before.

Just now, Alvie said:

The free hour thing means little, the bots want kinah etc. to sell,  so they will pay for a subscription just like before.

yeah i think all the big kinah sellers are going to pay for multiple accounts to farm like crazy , they will make that money back in 1 transaction especially at start when kinah is going to be expensive

5 minutes ago, Wootage-KT said:

yeah i think all the big kinah sellers are going to pay for multiple accounts to farm like crazy , they will make that money back in 1 transaction especially at start when kinah is going to be expensive

Fortunately kinah is not as important in Classic, because a lot of the best gear can only be bought with AP,  and AP bots get slaughtered.

Rifters love bots in general.

2 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Fortunately kinah is not as important in Classic, because a lot of the best gear can only be bought with AP,  and AP bots get slaughtered.

Kinah is always important. Also medals are brokerable so is skillbooks stigmas scrolls pots etc

Guest Rurumo

Look, when Aion launched we had to buy the game and pay a sub.  Now we just have to pay a sub for Classic, thus, the game IS FREE for people who played from launch.  We just have to pay the sub now.

3 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

Kinah is always important. Also medals are brokerable so is skillbooks stigmas scrolls pots etc

Medals, stigmas, and skillbooks will be in short supply, don't expect to see them on the broker.

I had no trouble earning kinah back in 2009, never needed to buy from a bot owner, I can't see why it will be any different this time round.

Guest Daggamie-DN

Guys guys, this topic is useless.

Free for player from back 2009?

I am also part of these players, but would not ask something so outrageous.

Since 90% of the aion classic are old player from 2009,  it would cut a lot of money to NCsoft. And what is the reputation of NCsoft if they don't do enought money? They put a lot of P2W items and P2W event even if it kill their game. We don't want that , so l'ets pay the 15$/month and be happy.

8 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Medals, stigmas, and skillbooks will be in short supply, don't expect to see them on the broker.

I had no trouble earning kinah back in 2009, never needed to buy from a bot owner, I can't see why it will be any different this time round.

I understand and I agree. People are just used to buy everything now though

1 minute ago, Guest Daggamie-DN said:

Guys guys, this topic is useless.

Free for player from back 2009?

I am also part of these players, but would not ask something so outrageous.

Since 90% of the aion classic are old player from 2009,  it would cut a lot of money to NCsoft. And what is the reputation of NCsoft if they don't do enought money? They put a lot of P2W items and P2W event even if it kill their game. We don't want that , so l'ets pay the 15$/month and be happy.

yeah we discussing something else lol

On 6/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, Guest Frank said:

or give us free month or two for our service

Regular Aion is free, and I've been here since 2009. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth here and I will happily pay a $15/mo subscription fee for this. I've wanted it for years.

Guest Jackdarippa
On 6/20/2021 at 11:23 AM, Kubei-DN said:

You get a free week of Siel's Aura for 1 week from 23rd to 30th, and then 1 hour free PER DAY. That's more than generous in my opinion.

Oh yeah? My opinion is that your opinion sucks and is therefore invalid.

4 hours ago, Alvie said:

A favorite pastime of mine was rifting into Asmodae to find the bot areas, hide a kisk nearby, and just spend an afternoon farming bots. Kill two birds with one stone: Easy AP, and you help the economy! Sometimes (not always) but sometimes Asmo players were even willing to let me go about my business if I left them alone too.

The glory days of communicating with them via player shops because the banners above those appeared exactly as you typed them. Before the days of websites with translation functions for the Asmodian and Elyos languages.

1 minute ago, Jagblade-DN said:

A favorite pastime of mine was rifting into Asmodae to find the bot areas, hide a kisk nearby, and just spend an afternoon farming bots. Kill two birds with one stone: Easy AP, and you help the economy! Sometimes (not always) but sometimes Asmo players were even willing to let me go about my business if I left them alone too.

The glory days of communicating with them via player shops because the banners above those appeared exactly as you typed them. Before the days of websites with translation functions for the Asmodian and Elyos languages.

Not gonna lie, I intend to do the same.
Happy to pass along bot hot spots (say it 5 times quickly) to fellow purgers of the bots.

Guest Ariel

I used to play Aion from pre-release up to 4.0. For the the end of subscription model was a huge downfall and opened the door for.. different kind of people with different mindsets. I do not expect any freebies just because I played since launch and I am very happy to see it subscription based again. If it was for me, there would not be any free Siels hour.

A week is plenty to make up your mind. This is Aion Classic and I am happy to pay for a sub. I played during the closed beta and have been playing on and off. If they gave away enough free stuff it will make return of the cash shop, and that is something many of the veteran community does not want to see. 

On 6/20/2021 at 10:58 AM, Guest Frank said:

or give us free month or two for our service

Nah...  The game tanked when they went F2P to begin with, It would be cool for accounts that are from OG 2009 to get maybe a cool cosmetic or Title, but I'm glad the new classic server will be subbed and I'm happy to pay for it, for the version of the game we are getting. 

The only gripe I have, is the music isn't the OG Korean soundtrack, I really really hope they fix that...

Archived