Aion Official Discord Openly Racist Admins

5s17B0E7

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Someone
22 minutes ago, Guest ME TOO said:

So, there I was just defending a homie from a RACIST admin that enjoy changing the rules on a whim without letting people know they were changed. Over and over I've seen them miss use their powers in Discord. Never once have I received a strike for an instant ban, they also did this on a whim. Imagine supporting a Discord were the own is a dictator. There is obviously a lot more that they have done to others.

There is no reason to hate CM Kibbelz. What so ever, none of this is on him or her you guys are freaking sick for making it about him or her.

This picture is the only thing they reverted back to every time I said it wasn't in the rules.

unknown.png

Yeah please don't hate on Kibbelz. Sorry if I left the impression of doing so in my last response. My point was that if he's in that discord more actively than here and answering more questions over there than here, then regardless if it's an official discord or not that there should definitely be some standards met and that I feel he should have some responsibility to investigate and verify if such things are happening as the OP claims. Not saying the OP is immediately in the right or that the discord admin is immediately wrong. Just saying that I don't think it should be brushed away so quickly just because it's not official because the reality is that there are probably people like me that joined simply because we saw screenshots of answers from the discord posted into these forums because they were being answered there instead of here and so we joined just to stay on top of the newest updates. So if Kibbelz doesn't verify that the discord meets certain standards and choosing to stay in there, then it could potentially negatively impact the company.

I lurk quite a bit in ACN, and from what I see, the admins in there are quick to shut down any hate speech. Their first listed rule is to not discriminate someone for their sex, race, creed, etc. Now I wasn't online when the supposed incident occurred, but I can say that I doubt that an admin was being racist, and if they were there would have been quite a stink about it from everyone else in the channel. Unless there is actual evidence, I suggest we stop stirring this drama pot.

14 minutes ago, PapaZ-DN said:

So what is the url to this discord channel? I need to practice getting my popcorn ready for some good ole LFG  throw downs.

That being said. this discord ofc still has the typical nyerkyness of LFG with plenty of non-hate speech related activity https://discord.gg/gSqWr2Fg

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

People should be grateful we have a CM that was willing to join an UNOFFICIAL discord server to provide us with news and info regarding classic. 

This, i consider this as a fan service, something he does not have to do. 

2 hours ago, 5s17B0E7 said:

Considering there is a CM in the discord server and has rank and privileges to go with it, where they fulfil parts of their job in that discord. That makes the server official. 

No of course not, to make it an official server NCSOFT West has to be the operator of the discord server, providing the moderators and admins. The fact that a cm is also on the server is irrelevant. You could argue if something the cm says on the server is official or not, that depends whether he is on the server as a private person or by order of his employer. 

Guest guesty

I'm confused. The welcome screening and what not all specify that the server isn't official, and just says that the NC staff that are there are just marked with flair so that nobody impersonates, that's about what I gathered.

Do you have proof of the racism? Like any screenshots of them being racist towards you/others?

Guest guesty
4 hours ago, Draugris said:

The fact that a cm is also on the server is irrelevant. You could argue if something the cm says on the server is official or not, that depends whether he is on the server as a private person or by order of his employer. 

You can think of a CM as someone who is a messenger bird between corporate and the playerbase, to make corporate make more educated decisions relative to their customer's desires. They in themselves have no power, they're mostly just for helping convey information to the community.

Actually, thanks to this discord, there was a problem with the $50 dollar founder pack not giving the bonuses that you get from subscribing for 90 days. Now, because the community used the help of the CM, that got changed. We now get the 90 day subscription bonus on TOP of the founders pack.

Guest Where
2 hours ago, Guest guesty said:

You can think of a CM as someone who is a messenger bird between corporate and the playerbase, to make corporate make more educated decisions relative to their customer's desires. They in themselves have no power, they're mostly just for helping convey information to the community.

Actually, thanks to this discord, there was a problem with the $50 dollar founder pack not giving the bonuses that you get from subscribing for 90 days. Now, because the community used the help of the CM, that got changed. We now get the 90 day subscription bonus on TOP of the founders pack.

Proof

2 hours ago, Guest guesty said:

Crikey. Thats why I originaly skipped the 50 pack. Now I wonder if I should upgrade or just wait a month.

Guest Go Figure...

Oh look, folks already crying victim and playing the race card. Any evidence to back up these claims? Not that it really matters though since that Discord chan is not anything official. And if you don't like it and the rules there, simply leave and be on your way.

Honestly the way a lot of you guys are sweeping racism under the rug because "be glad the CM is doing their job" is actually...really pathetic and sad. 

NCSoft having awful employees should be irrelevant of everything with this situation. Then those of you that are automatically going "oh look the race card"...yeah you're part of the problem and actually makes the situation believable. Gamers are notoriously racist, I've been rejected from guilds before because of my race. 

However I get what the OP is saying, if actual racist stuff is going on and there's a verified legit NCSoft employee around racism, it makes it look like NCSoft is ok with racist behavior. This is why most game companies have their own discord servers with their own staff, if NCSoft can't be bothered to provide something simple and free then do I really need to give them my money? 

21 minutes ago, 2s205613 said:

Honestly the way a lot of you guys are sweeping racism under the rug because "be glad the CM is doing their job" is actually...really pathetic and sad. 

NCSoft having awful employees should be irrelevant of everything with this situation. Then those of you that are automatically going "oh look the race card"...yeah you're part of the problem and actually makes the situation believable. Gamers are notoriously racist, I've been rejected from guilds before because of my race. 

However I get what the OP is saying, if actual racist stuff is going on and there's a verified legit NCSoft employee around racism, it makes it look like NCSoft is ok with racist behavior. This is why most game companies have their own discord servers with their own staff, if NCSoft can't be bothered to provide something simple and free then do I really need to give them my money? 

Except it's not an NC employee, is it.
Their claim is that an official Aion Classic Discord server (Incorrect) had an Admin use racism as a vehicle for mistreatment and removal from the Discord server and that because Kibblez is in the server, he's responsible for this (Incorrect) and that NC needs to get their lawyers involved (Incorrect) because ultimately this is NC's issue now (Incorrect).  

A random community member, who is not in any way affiliated with the game or company beyond being a player and a private community organizer, is apparently racist.  That's awful, and 100000% not NC's problem.  By all means, expose the server and its people for what they are.  This really does not involve or incriminate NC in the slightest, and until the rhetoric stops being about this bonkers idea that somehow Kibblez is to blame, this entire thread is going to be met with justifiable pushback.

Still waiting for proof, too.

17 minutes ago, 2s205613 said:

There is a ton of misunderstanding of the facts here in your post. 

-NCsoft staff was in no way involved, and the CM hadn't even been logged in all weekend anyways

-There is no proof of what the OP is accusing, people are innocent until proven guilty.

-If actual racism did happen, there would be a lot more people bringing attention to this, gamers are a lot more diverse than they used to be.

-Until there is any evidence please don't make any assumptions. 

I can see that this topic has become quite controversial, but I do see some valid points here.

Unofficial or not, the fact that an NC employee is in the discord making announcements and actively answering questions and communicating with the actual team with questions from Discord... It can easily be seen as a problem imo.

Now, I will say though, that I do not whatsoever blame Kibblez for what is going on. 

However, the discord is extremely toxic and has several immature admins. The chat is quite vulgar and has nothing to do with Aion at all which is quite hilarious seeing as how the discord is being advertised on Reddit and in this forum. 

It needs some work, but it has nothing to do with NC employees.

• Aion Team
22 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

It's not an official discord server.

You've all said it in many different ways, but just want to be sure to echo formally that we do not currently have an official Discord for Aion/Classic. However, I do participate in a channel called 'Aion Classic Network'  because a large number of community members actively engage there, so it has shown itself to be a valuable place to distribute information and hear your concerns.

Hopefully the engagement has been helpful. It seems from the comments here that there's far more appreciation than disdain, but I am always open to feedback on how to best chat w/ ya'll :) As to the allegations, I hope that the community can find a resolution that allows it to remain as healthy as possible.

I do appreciate how active you have been on the discord server @Kibbelz.  The thing I like the most is when you tell people that you cant answer certain questions.   Its better to get bad news than to feel ignored.   It is also nice to see how quickly you have been able to answer the other questions.  Please dont let a few rare weirdos like this guy drive you out of the community.  I am quite happy with how engaged you have been.

2 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Except it's not an NC employee, is it.
Their claim is that an official Aion Classic Discord server (Incorrect) had an Admin use racism as a vehicle for mistreatment and removal from the Discord server and that because Kibblez is in the server, he's responsible for this (Incorrect) and that NC needs to get their lawyers involved (Incorrect) because ultimately this is NC's issue now (Incorrect).  

A random community member, who is not in any way affiliated with the game or company beyond being a player and a private community organizer, is apparently racist.  That's awful, and 100000% not NC's problem.  By all means, expose the server and its people for what they are.  This really does not involve or incriminate NC in the slightest, and until the rhetoric stops being about this bonkers idea that somehow Kibblez is to blame, this entire thread is going to be met with justifiable pushback.

Still waiting for proof, too.

You didn't read anything that was stated did you?

Their claim is that an official Aion Classic Discord server (Incorrect) had an Admin use racism as a vehicle for mistreatment and removal from the Discord server and that because Kibblez is in the server

No one said this, even in my post I stated if there's a legit NCSoft employee AROUND people that are saying racist stuff and IN a racist environment that's not a good look. The OP thought it was an official discord server but it's not, that's the only thing. Which is irrelevant if there's...again...actual employees in a racist environment. 

Learn to read and comprehend what's being said before talking out the side of your neck. 

8 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Server discussion is .1% Aion, 99.9% cringe.

Exactly what I was saying. That's why I said it's bad for the community (imo) to have a NC employee in the unofficial discord at all at this point.

The server is advertised here and on Reddit. You log on and it's immature chat that has absolutely nothing to do with Aion. I remain in it only for the announcements from Kibbelz, but other than that, the discord is hard cringe. 

While I have yet to see anything racist, I have seen comments about autism and homophobic remarks. Again, nothing to do with NC employees though, but if this is how the discord is going to be with its own admins being quite immature as well, it'd be best that Kibbelz wasn't in there.

2 hours ago, Arazith said:

There is a ton of misunderstanding of the facts here in your post. 

-NCsoft staff was in no way involved, and the CM hadn't even been logged in all weekend anyways

-There is no proof of what the OP is accusing, people are innocent until proven guilty.

-If actual racism did happen, there would be a lot more people bringing attention to this, gamers are a lot more diverse than they used to be.

-Until there is any evidence please don't make any assumptions. 

I tried to include my reply to this in my other post but the forums bugged out?

NCsoft staff was in no way involved, and the CM hadn't even been logged in all weekend anyways

I never said they did, re read the post, in fact I stated NCSoft employees BEING AROUND and in a racist environment shows they're ok with racism. Here's the actual quote

if actual racist stuff is going on and there's a verified legit NCSoft employee around racism, it makes it look like NCSoft is ok with racist behavior. 

Also, note how I said "IF" meaning I'm not saying it did happen, my entire point is with how racist gamers are it's not entirely impossible or something far fetched. Learn to read please. 

Also how people would respond if something racist was stated is completely irrelevent and doesn't mean anything. With Archeage, a Gamigo employee said the N word (there's actual proof and she was fired) and the only people upset/bothered were black gamers. All the other gamers said it was a joke and to not take it seriously, so no, if something happened I truly don't believe gamers or more people would do anything about it.

Hell there's people in this thread acting as if it's tiring when minorities bring up racism calling it "playing the race card". 

10 minutes ago, 2s205613 said:

You didn't read anything that was stated did you?

No one said this, even in my post I stated if there's a legit NCSoft employee AROUND people that are saying racist stuff and IN a racist environment that's not a good look. The OP thought it was an official discord server but it's not, that's the only thing. Which is irrelevant if there's...again...actual employees in a racist environment. 

Learn to read and comprehend what's being said before talking out the side of your neck. 

So an employee is in a Discord where someone says something offensive, allegedly, without any proof, and you want to start a witch hunt.

My goodness I have no words.

6 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

So an employee is in a Discord where someone says something offensive, allegedly, without any proof, and you want to start a witch hunt.

My goodness I have no words.

You have trouble reading and comprehending don't you? 

if actual racist stuff is going on and there's a verified legit NCSoft employee around racism, it makes it look like NCSoft is ok with racist behavior. 

Learn what "if" means and what it implies and how it's used in an English sentence, thanks. 😊

My goodness, I have no words. 

Also, again, the implications of being around that stuff and what it implies for the company is why gaming companies have their own official discord servers 99% of the time. It's because what's going on in other servers can't be controlled but being active in those places does imply you're ok with said behavior. It also causes confusion like OP thinking it was an official server since there's a NCSoft employee in there. 

Just now, 2s205613 said:

You have trouble reading and comprehending don't you? 

Learn what "if" means and what it implies and how it's used in an English sentence, thanks. 😊

My goodness, I have no words. 

And you're being belligerent over still unverified accusations, which even if true, still don't reflect on the employee whatsoever.  Continue to yell at the clouds, man.

1 minute ago, 5s16519C said:

And you're being belligerent over still unverified accusations, which even if true, still don't reflect on the employee whatsoever.  Continue to yell at the clouds, man.

It's really clear English is not your first language. Talk to me when you have a better understanding, I'm not going to go over basic baby words, you shouldn't even have the opinion you have if you can't understand basic English. 

Archived