Forums

"Dear" NcSoft ..

IceAge

4 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

My one request on this is that IF it's not going the way that you all like, please give me a little time to make that clear to the teams here. I know that internally we all want this game to be loved, and to be successful. I would work hard to ensure that your feedback is heard if there are things you do not like at launch.

Just want to share that because I know there is receptiveness internally to listen, and respond.

So unbelievably happy to hear things like this from the Aion Team! You all are doing an awesome job! Can't wait for tomorrow!!! :D 

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

My one request on this is that IF it's not going the way that you all like, please give me a little time to make that clear to the teams here. I know that internally we all want this game to be loved, and to be successful. I would work hard to ensure that your feedback is heard if there are things you do not like at launch.

Just want to share that because I know there is receptiveness internally to listen, and respond.

Why the nyerk did it take so long for us to get someone like Kibbelz advocating for us? I have never seen anyone do the job the way you do. I have to ask if you actually play the game, because it seems like you do. And if you don't? Well hats off to you for still caring!

21 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for all the feedback and discussion here. I've definitely seen the overwhelming sentiment towards ensuring that Aion Classic is not overwhelmed by any P2W mechanics.

This is something I will continue monitoring closely for, and will inform the team if the players feel we are leaning too far in one direction. I cannot promise I will be listened to on everything, but I wouldn't be sharing it if I didn't think there was a good chance on most :)

Then get the stuff that gives an advantage out of there.  A big reason that people don't play retail anymore is because of p2w.  My wife and I are right on the edge of not wanting to play classic considering NCsoft's reputation (we played before and watch retail go downhill) and the items that give advantages even at the very start of the game.  We already turned down retail Aion and were looking forward to this, but with this being just the start and with these items, we definitely won't be maining this game.  Too many games coming out soon so there are now options and we will be going with ones that don't have a paid advantage.  We'll try this one out for a bit, but it's basically because this is the best of a bad situation.

Guest some old chanter
2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Jagblade-DN @Coheed ❤️ Thank you. I think Classic is a renewed opportunity to not just relive the "glory of the past", but also to improve upon it w/ players' inputs. That's my hope at least, but hey, time will tell. 

i honestly hope you aren't serious.  you could of promoted them "founder's pack" before taking money. you could of communicated to test the waters. Once you recieved payment from your first pack sale, u can't "improve" them packs to be NON-p2w unless you refund them. you guys got an excuse now.

frankly, i'm not sure what you can do in 24 hours. maybe defer the p2w things from those packs for about a month is all you can do to salvage this.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:46 PM, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for all the feedback and discussion here. I've definitely seen the overwhelming sentiment towards ensuring that Aion Classic is not overwhelmed by any P2W mechanics.

This is something I will continue monitoring closely for, and will inform the team if the players feel we are leaning too far in one direction. I cannot promise I will be listened to on everything, but I wouldn't be sharing it if I didn't think there was a good chance on most :)

@Kibbelz Just a suggestion to keep the big honchos happy with ppl spending money on the game, and this has been suggested and asked for a lot in the past, make the instore shop mostly Cosmetic! Seriously rotate different skins and we'll love it. Also you could add in dyes and I promise people will buy them especially if you do bundles of them.  Lowbie pots/food people don't get too upset about because they usually don't affect endgame content too badly. But seriously, PLEASE try to keep the shop as Non-pay2win as possible. 

Guest velimirius
13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Jagblade-DN @Coheed ❤️ Thank you. I think Classic is a renewed opportunity to not just relive the "glory of the past", but also to improve upon it w/ players' inputs. That's my hope at least, but hey, time will tell. 

When i launch the game today and if there is no classic log in tune playing, it will be clear how much NC cares about game and players when they cant do a simple music correction.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:52 AM, Alvie said:

Thanks for posting.

Most of the  Classic community realizes the money has to come from somewhere, and are prepared to pay the subscription if it keeps p2w out of the game.

Nobody seems to object to cosmetic item additional purchases. Even things like emotes, just nothing that will imbalance combat by letting people pay to get better gear in less time.

Exactly, they can add every single outfit in store, it will make them money and it will make the game more beautiful. Anything that has to do with cosmetics, motions, emotes etc is welcome.

Archived