Curse of Water and Other Classic Skill Animation Acquisitions?

Malachyte-KT

Anyone remember how the Curse of  Water insta-fear animation skill was acquired back in classic? Was it from a special magazine subscription? I know it was def available in the early patches long before 2.0.  Were there any others for other classes, the ones I kinda sort of remember i'll put below.

I know some other skill animations like Fear: Ginseng and maybe Fear: Porgus (think this was in KR only never available in NA) were available as a either a rare drop in or you had to get to the higher floors out of 10 in Empyrean Crucible (lev 50+ group version of Crucible Spire introduced around patch 2.5) to get enough points to purchase it yourself, maybe? It def came from Empyrean Crucible.

I want to say Sleep: Scarecrow for Sorcs was also from Empyrean Crucible which was either their normal sleep animation change or was a completely new skill that gave them an extra short duration sleep skill that they didn't have before.

Guest Amaterasu

I think curse of water as well as several other classes had a skill book that dropped as just a random open world rare drop. The alternate animations of those spells was the crucible drop. 

Level 43 skillbooks drop in Aetherogenics Labs & Alquimia. They drop for both races in each, so you can rift and farm the other one too.

Edit: Amaterasu is right CoW is lvl 47 skill. And those are open world drops in Theomobos/Brusthonin.

Guest Amaterasu
1 hour ago, SlapChop said:

Level 43 skillbooks drop in Aetherogenics Labs & Alquimia. They drop for both races in each, so you can rift and farm the other one too.

Edit: Amaterasu is right CoW is lvl 47 skill. And those are open world drops in Theomobos/Brusthonin.

Didnt Asmo / Elyos also get different version? Curse of Water / Curse of Fire?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 5:28 PM, SlapChop said:

CoW is a 42 Skill and it drops in Aetherogenics Labs & Alquimia.

Archived