Aion Subscription for Brazillians via LevelUpGames

Asseylum-DN

Hello,

I am an old player of Aion NA. Recently I am very excited for Aion Classic release in NA. However the price of 15 USD for Siel Aura subscription is killing the game for Brazillians, because the exchange rate here for BRL is absurd high at the moment. 15USD would be 100 BRL via Credit Card,  almost 10% of minimum wage currently in the Country.

I humbly would like to request to NCsoft to consider a different method of payment for Brazillians where the price would be reasonable locally, like it already happens with NCcoin via LevelUp Games company. 

In no means I am here to say Aion is not worth 15USD, but to say Brazillian community is HUGE for aion and the conversion of that value into BRL is killing the game for many of us, if not, all of us. Please refrain to answer my post with bad responses toward brazillians. The more players Aion has, the more game is alive.

I hope this post get attention of many, and specially NCsoft.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

You get 1 hour free per day, aside from a free week from 23rd to 30th.

Because game is based in NA, prices will be in dollars. If you can't afford it, then it's not something you should be spending your hard earned money on.

Are you serious? Wtf is with this comment ? I don't want to say "tipical Americanish idiocricy" but is..pretty close enough.

OP, sadly, NcSoft will not really do much, unless they see many Brazilians coming and playing Aion Classic. If that's the case, they might take it into consideration. Other than that ... nothing will really change!

I'm sorry you are upset but this is the reality of situation. When the game came out, I couldn't afford it either, not until 2015, by then the game was f2p and I still had a crap computer. And no, I'm not American either, but you wouldn't be the first person to call me an idiot for having an opinion.

Nevertheless, price is based off of their location and is fair for them, because it's NA release, whilst being a global SERVICE. Those two things are completely different things.

Guest Popcorn
35 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

You get 1 hour free per day

Lmao and this should reassure the OP? "You get 1 hour, it's enough for you" . Like a mockery.

Just now, Guest Popcorn said:

Lmao and this should reassure the OP? "You get 1 hour, it's enough for you" . Like a mockery.

You would prefer not to have anything then? There's a free week coming, you can grind those levels til max if you're really capable.

29 minutes ago, IceAge said:

OP, sadly, NcSoft will not really do much, unless they see many Brazilians coming and playing Aion Classic. If that's the case, they might take it into consideration. Other than that ... nothing will really change!

I'd recommend finding a Brazilian private server instead, or creating a proper online petition to support a Brazilian Classic Server.  Because you're right, the nature of this release is not going to change.

Guest Guest?

Their charging the same price from 12 years ago, what you want from them lol. Its not like they went out of the normal for them.

Guest Daggamie-DN

Damn man, i'm sick of ppl qqing about the subscription wich is very fine. Hey you all who cry because Aion classic is subscription. If you are unable go play the live one.

Ho sorry you find the live one too much P2W? Sorry but get out, we want to keep Aion classic clean with no P2W item and for that it need subscription model. Deal with it.You pay, play in the trial or  get out. Its not our fault if your money is greatly inferior to the US, we don't have to lose the quality of the game like what happened when aion live goes free to play.

US-AION-PLAYER-WANTED-AION-BY-SUBSCIPTION-SO-THAT-EVERYONE-HAVE-THE-SAME-GAME-EXPERIENCE-AND-FAIRPLAY-FOR-EVERYONE. YOU-CAN'T-PAY?-SO-GO-ON-LIVE-SERVER-WICH-IS-FREE-TO-PLAY.

WE KEEP WHAT WE HAVE WANTED FOR A VERY LONG TIME.  AND WON'T ACCEPT ANY ACCOMMODATION THAT RISK TO RUIN THE GAME AGAIN!

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, Asseylum-DN said:

Hello,

I am an old player of Aion NA. Recently I am very excited for Aion Classic release in NA. However the price of 15 USD for Siel Aura subscription is killing the game for Brazillians, because the exchange rate here for BRL is absurd high at the moment. 15USD would be 100 BRL via Credit Card,  almost 10% of minimum wage currently in the Country.

I humbly would like to request to NCsoft to consider a different method of payment for Brazillians where the price would be reasonable locally, like it already happens with NCcoin via LevelUp Games company. 

In no means I am here to say Aion is not worth 15USD, but to say Brazillian community is HUGE for aion and the conversion of that value into BRL is killing the game for many of us, if not, all of us. Please refrain to answer my post with bad responses toward brazillians. The more players Aion has, the more game is alive.

Thanks for your question Asseylum. I do know that we intend to work with LevelUp games for Aion Classic, and I've reached out to see what the nature of that partnership will entail.

1 hour ago, Asseylum-DN said:

Hello,

Can't believe how often I see this posted.  Nobody seems to read the forums and see it's been beaten to death a million times.
From the top.

The cost set out by the company is their determination of what it costs to maintain their service and make reasonable profit.  We can sit here and debate whether their idea of, 'reasonable profit' is inflated or not, that's a whole different conversation.  This determination of cost has nothing to do with your location.  Their overhead is their overhead.  It is not cheaper to provide you this service in another country.  It costs them the same amount to host their service in the USA and allow you to connect to it in Brazil, as it does for them to host it the USA and let me connect in Canada.  Why would this service be cheaper with you, then?  

If they reduced your price for this service, it would just cause people to use VPN's to 'play from a cheaper region' to get cheaper rates.  It's nonsensical.

If NC gets a new service for South America, that's an entirely different story and I encourage them to do this for our Central/South American players.  

4 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

If NC gets a new service for South America, that's an entirely different story and I encourage them to do this for our Central/South American players.  

Maybe they can do the same for Europe lol, majority doesn't want to play on Gameforge servers.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

Maybe they can do the same for Europe lol, majority doesn't want to play on Gameforge servers.

For the health of things, I truly hope so.  I want all players to have reasonable access to servers that will provide them reasonable ping, and to not burden other more local players with their bad ping and whatnot.  Nevermind timezone issues and language barriers.

I really hope you get some servers.  Really really hope.

I am requesting they (NCsoft) to allow us (Brazillians) to buy Subscription in Level Up Games with a BRL price, just the same way we can buy ALL OTHERS stuff from NCcoin in Level Up Games. 

I am not asking the impossible, I am asking to adapt the subscription the SAME WAY they adapted everything else in Level Up Games for Brazil. Having a Classic Server for Brazil is even worse for NA, when the player base wil be separated. 

Can you afford losing that player base? The current Aion cannot, no wonder you're excited for Classic. We are excited too. 

6 minutes ago, Asseylum-DN said:

I am requesting they (NCsoft) to allow us (Brazillians) to buy Subscription in Level Up Games with a BRL price, just the same way we can buy ALL OTHERS stuff from NCcoin in Level Up Games. 

I am not asking the impossible, I am asking to adapt the subscription the SAME WAY they adapted everything else in Level Up Games for Brazil. Having a Classic Server for Brazil is even worse for NA, when the player base wil be separated. 

Can you afford losing that player base? The current Aion cannot, no wonder you're excited for Classic. We are excited too. 

47 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Can't believe how often I see this posted.  Nobody seems to read the forums and see it's been beaten to death a million times.
From the top.

The cost set out by the company is their determination of what it costs to maintain their service and make reasonable profit.  We can sit here and debate whether their idea of, 'reasonable profit' is inflated or not, that's a whole different conversation.  This determination of cost has nothing to do with your location.  Their overhead is their overhead.  It is not cheaper to provide you this service in another country.  It costs them the same amount to host their service in the USA and allow you to connect to it in Brazil, as it does for them to host it the USA and let me connect in Canada.  Why would this service be cheaper with you, then?  

If they reduced your price for this service, it would just cause people to use VPN's to 'play from a cheaper region' to get cheaper rates.  It's nonsensical.

Not sure why you think any other region gets special treatment.

2 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

Not sure why you think any other region gets special treatment.

Are you blind or what?!

He clearly said that they DO get special treatment for every other NcSoft game, but ( yet ) not for Aion Classic.

Geez people, you are acting like they want to steal your money or something. /facepalm

Read below ..  

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for your question Asseylum. I do know that we intend to work with LevelUp games for Aion Classic, and I've reached out to see what the nature of that partnership will entail.

Everything Asseylum said makes total sense. Dividing the community will make the game feel dead.

The more players the better. 

And it doesn't matter if the game is from NA. Steam and blizzard (just to mention these) have prices according to each country and i don't see anyone using VPNs to buy at lower, the system knows where you are supposed to be buying from. Asseylum is saying even Ncsoft has this system but not for aion and i believe many latinamericans would be willing to pay to play

Guest Nexus
7 hours ago, IceAge said:

Are you blind or what?!

He clearly said that they DO get special treatment for every other NcSoft game, but ( yet ) not for Aion Classic.

Geez people, you are acting like they want to steal your money or something. /facepalm

Read below ..  

Maybe you need to calm down a bit. You come across as an entitled asshat.

Let's be clear, you aren't entitled to anything. 

Aion used to be subscription based before it went F2P. Most MMOs were Subscription Based, many still are. 

If you can't afford subscriptions, then play retail. Simple.

You along with others crying about the subscription cost, need to grow up and realise you're not entitled to freestuff, regardless of what country you come from. 

That's not how the world works. 

4 hours ago, Guest Nexus said:

Aion used to be subscription based before it went F2P. Most MMOs were Subscription Based, many still are. 

You along with others crying about the subscription cost, need to grow up and realise you're not entitled to freestuff, regardless of what country you come from. 

Entitled asshat, me or you and whoever says the same idiocricy ?!

Please, re-read again and again. The OP asked for alternatives because, and let me say it one more time, they ALREADY have alternatives on any other NcSoft game. He's not against P2P, wtf are you even saying?! All he asks is alternatives TO PAY for the game. 

You call us "entitled to freestuff" ? Ok, you literally having problems with readings. Sorry. Go see a doctor or something because NO ONE asks for freestuff. 

Carry on!

It's not about entitlement.

Kibbelz already stated they plan to talk with LevelUp games about releasing Classic, and it's well known that Latin America is NA's second biggest playerbase. To hinder them the access would mean losing a big chunk of players.

Just remember, Aion was always p2p until 3.0, it's going the same thing again, the difference is that they are providing a free method to play it. Until then, you have a choice to use that 1h per day or play retail and wait for NCWest to finish their talks with LevelUp games.

5 hours ago, Guest Nexus said:

I just see you and the other xenophobic crying on these posts 🙄

Just now, IceAge said:

Just remember ( and learn to read ), that no one from this thread has asked for F2P. 

Thanks!

You shouldn't be this hostile to people because you've been caught up with issues regarding high payment for the game. It's no one's fault.

Get off your high horse and read what I said earlier. They're in the talks. You can either continue your hostility towards others here or take a break from forums because it's clear this type of stress isn't something you can handle well.

Guys, none is asking Aion to be Free To Play entirely, neither Pay to Win. I agree subscription is a good method, but asking 15USD directly on website with credit card for Brazillian and other South Americans, like Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Chile, etc, is like asking 100 USD subscription for USA. I know 15USD is reasonable for you guys, but for us is not completely.

Let's avoid xenophobic discuss and insult others just because they're from different country or anything. NCsoft needs that player base for Aion Classic, they can't afford just with USA players. Otherwise, why did they had to make free to play in first place? It WAS subscription, and it wasn't populated enought because Brazillians couldn't afford back then in 1.0+ till 3.0.

Now things in World changed, we have much more tools to make game accessible for more people, like different kind of wallets for different currencies. Steam does that. The BIGGEST company of games for PC in the entire world does that, and yet you think NCsoft shouldn't?

From all people, who wants the worse for NCsoft, are the people trying to avoid more players to play the game, because it will be LESS MONEY FOR THEM. 

Archived