Subscription method and non US residents.

Hi, ncwest @Kibbelz @Loki @Hime and community.

I know some of you may think it's "another" subscription qq topic, but im not here on my behalf but on most friends and gaming partners.

It's currently 2021 and i know it isn't ncwest fault or lack of preparation to launch a classic server where is aimed only for US residents atm, even tho im pretty sure 60-70% of the classic database is coming from EU region.

Most MMORPG's games these days have a currency modifier to some of residentes own money currency, may it be asian, latin american and others regions. I myself going to try the free week trial and see how the game develops in terms of the daeva pass, community, management and end game content, after that i have no issue in paying a subscription fee to keep the game in a healthy state.

My topic is around people who can and can't afford a 15$ monthly subscription, while for most this sounds like a pocket change new players who joined aion after 3.x 4.x 5.x and so on may be discouraged to test and experience aion classic experience paying a subscription that is not achievable in their region not even mentioning daeva pass model.

I know ncwest is a company and like every other company they aim to profit and deliver amusement for players and so on, so reaching to a middle gound like most companys do to achieve a decent affordable amount for most non us residents to try experience the game and maybe build loyalty for new players. Everyone knows that most of the currently players are from europe and the most approachable course when the EU side release classic those players will probably go for it, as we know playing with 130+ ping is't very healthy. 

Aion retail is in a stale moment waiting for a big patch content and most of the players are doing something else while waiting or trying classic, after EU players decide to leave US aion classic server in some point will reach retail current state, a empty game with most if not all toxic community members, i know it's not ncwest intent to follow retail method of management of the game since it's a free to play game while classic requires a subscription, but it may or may not reach the point where classic will be as dead as retail if most people can't or don't care enough to pay a subscription.

Reaching a middle term would be healthy to the game and to the company attracting new players and keeping old ones. As we know, for every company any amount  is profit while 0 isn't. Reducing the subscription for some regions proves the former is way more profitable than the latter.

Sorry for my english since it isn't my native language.

I like your name btw

In regards to European servers, we already have Gameforge for that, but I don't think they're planning to launch classic server anytime soon, I know half people wouldn't really want to be there either. It's definitely an issue with licensing/publishing rights and I'm guessing they can't really legally talk about it.

It would make sense for them to release an Oceanic server, or maybe even South American, since there isn't really a publisher for either region and a lot of players play from there. We can hope that'll change if playerbase grows again.

Guest st0n3

Currently non-US residents can't even be sure they'll be able to log onto their account next day due to brilliant autoban script. US ones can't either, tho.

Guest Narmina
29 minutes ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

It's currently 2021 and i know it isn't ncwest fault or lack of preparation to launch a classic server where is aimed only for US residents atm, even tho im pretty sure 60-70% of the classic database is coming from EU region.

Slow down a little.
You think that around 2 players out of 3 are european players ? (60-70%)
We speak about "global service" so... yes, europe from west to east. north america (canada, USA, mexico) and south america (like a country with not lot of people rarely represented in video games ... Brazil ) but also oceania (with Australia)
You are REALLY sure about most players will be europeans?

29 minutes ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

Everyone knows that most of the currently players are from europe and the most approachable course when the EU side release classic those players will probably go for it, as we know playing with 130+ ping is't very healthy. 

From france, around 100ms, californian get close to it. some canadian get little higher than this.
south american get clearly more, as do australians.
yes, 100-150 ms is not the best to play (btw, i had 150 in EU server back in 2010 and was fine with it... ) but in fact here is bigger problem : siege time... if 8PM for server time, it means 5PM for west coast (people at work get nyerked up) or 2pm for australian, and on other side, 2am in france, go to 5am in eastern europe. . . is far more bigger problem than 150 ms ^^'

For now, european servers for aion is gameforge service. and yes some people hope gameforge will open european servers, other like me... really don't care and won't move. Could be strange to prefer play with slightly higher ping and shitty siege time, buuuut ... this is better for me than going back to a gameforge server for any game...

all your long post to try to convince NCwest to adapt subscription depending of where live people. If you see, already a subject south american opened.
For now, i don't think you can hope a lot. sorry

7 hours ago, Guest st0n3 said:

Currently non-US residents can't even be sure they'll be able to log onto their account next day due to brilliant autoban script. US ones can't either, tho.

What??? What autoban script???  Does it occur due to creating a character in Aion Classic? I created 1 and could log in on the next day or 2.

Guest Nexus
11 hours ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

Hi, ncwest @Kibbelz @Loki @Hime and community.

I know some of you may think it's "another" subscription qq topic, but im not here on my behalf but on most friends and gaming partners.

Most MMORPG's games these days have a currency modifier to some of residentes own money currency, may it be asian, latin american and others regions. I myself going to try the free week trial and see how the game develops in terms of the daeva pass, community, management and end game content, after that i have no issue in paying a subscription fee to keep the game in a healthy state.

My topic is around people who can and can't afford a 15$ monthly subscription, while for most this sounds like a pocket change new players who joined aion after 3.x 4.x 5.x and so on may be discouraged to test and experience aion classic experience paying a subscription that is not achievable in their region not even mentioning daeva pass model.

I know ncwest is a company and like every other company they aim to profit and deliver amusement for players and so on, so reaching to a middle gound like most companys do to achieve a decent affordable amount for most non us residents to try experience the game and maybe build loyalty for new players. Everyone knows that most of the currently players are from europe and the most approachable course when the EU side release classic those players will probably go for it, as we know playing with 130+ ping is't very healthy. 

Aion retail is in a stale moment waiting for a big patch content and most of the players are doing something else while waiting or trying classic, after EU players decide to leave US aion classic server in some point will reach retail current state, a empty game with most if not all toxic community members, i know it's not ncwest intent to follow retail method of management of the game since it's a free to play game while classic requires a subscription, but it may or may not reach the point where classic will be as dead as retail if most people can't or don't care enough to pay a subscription.

Reaching a middle term would be healthy to the game and to the company attracting new players and keeping old ones. As we know, for every company any amount  is profit while 0 isn't. Reducing the subscription for some regions proves the former is way more profitable than the latter.

Sorry for my english since it isn't my native language.

This all boils down to "I can't afford the subscription" which people having been b*tching about since the subscription was announced. Latin America is not the only region that has low income, there are plenty of Eastern European players that don't earn more than 200/300 Euros a month and yet you don't see them moaning and crying about subscription fee, or wanting special treatment. 

There are a lot of EU players, myself included, but many people used to play NA Aion back during 2.x, 3.x and 4.x. The ping has never really stopped EU players and neither has the subscription fee. 

So many people on this forum crying about the subscription, and wanting it to be free and or saying making it pay-to-play will kill the game. Seriously? Making it free to play will KILL the game. It will mean NCSoft will make money with P2W Cash Shop & P2W Events like retail. 

I am sympathetic about people who can't afford the subscription, but people need to stop acting like they are entitled to have access to the game. 

Archived