Looking to return after five years

Camean-KT

Hello all,

After years away I'm looking to possibly return to Aion. When I last played the level cap was 55. That account appears to been deleted. Which hurts because I spent months gaining the AP needed (I had enough AP to transform, is that still possible?) for the best PVP weapon, longer still to +13 that weapon. Anyway, before I jump back in I had questions I hope could be answered. 

1. Are rangers anything like they used to be? Viable for PVP?

2. Is the game still a ridiculous grind to get gear? 

3. Is there still PVP in this game? 

4. With my account getting deleted in 2015,  is there any guides on leveling from scratch?

5. How was the population?

6. Any differences between then and now I should know about? 

Any information would be helpful. Thank you 

1. I'm not sure. I think rangers are still fine, but I don't play one myself.

2. Compared to when you last played? Not even close. Spinel medals (for level 70+ gear) are tradable, there are a TON of sources to get AP from, and all level 66+ gear, including PvP-stat gear, is tradable. Some events give AP/medals/gear itself, too (current one can give you PvP gear).

3. Yes. There's the guard-humping, zergtastic, open-world PvP in Iluma/Norsvold (66+ areas), various PvP instances, arenas, etc.

4. Most basic guide I can give you right now: Do dark blue and gold quests. Do Haramel (solo instance) at 16, probably 2 times with the quests. Do more dark blue and gold quests until 37, when you do all the quests for Kromede's Trial (solo instance) until your eyeballs bleed. Do more dark blue and gold quests, maybe duo Adma Stronghold or Theo labs at 46. At 53, you can solo/duo Beshmundir Temple for big-time XP until 65, where you do the campaign quest to become 66.

You can also do the luna daily instance and luna weekly instance while you're on the standard server, and those are big XP. Luna is the little purple moon on the bottom right area of your screen next to your skill bars. It's only visible on the standard server.

Oh, there's a fast-track server (rookie/leveling server; no PvP, boosted XP, etc) and the standard server (your home server).

At level 10, you get an amazing gear set for leveling in. Enshar/Cygnea campaign at 55 gives you another amazing gear set for leveling.

5. We went from five servers down to two. Population is...better concentrated now, lol.

6. Everything is different, man. It is a completely different game from the era you're from.

AP no longer determines rank. GP does, which is earned from various PvP/PvE activities and Upper Abyss sieges.

66+ gear breaks on failed enchantment, unless you use omega enchanting stones + greater mythical supplements (guaranteed +1 enchant).

66+ gear is tradable until soulbound...and you can unsoulbind it too.

Medals are tradable.

Leveling from 72ish - 75 is cancerous, but XP events have been helping alleviate that even kind of.

The Luna daily instance is your best friend.

Sieges are PvE based (which is weird af).

We get 5.8 patch sometime early next year, which brings back Divine Fortress in the Abyss + 2 or 3 instances, including one solo instance.

And a lot of other stuff.

Bryos and some others will probably drop in here at some point with more opinions on the matter.

Edit:

Event right now, you can get a 400% 1 hour XP buff from a coffin in Pandy/Sanctum in the middle of the city. It spawns when people light all five candles in order.

40 minutes ago, Camean-KT said:

1. Are rangers anything like they used to be? Viable for PVP?

2. Is the game still a ridiculous grind to get gear? 

3. Is there still PVP in this game? 

4. With my account getting deleted in 2015,  is there any guides on leveling from scratch?

5. How was the population?

6. Any differences between then and now I should know about?

1) Yes. Very.

2) No. Not at all.

3) Yes. Very much more.

4) It will take you 20h+ to get to level 66. 66-75 is another story. But end-game starts at 66.

5) Populated much more.

6) Everything changed when the fire nation attacked... Seriously though... The core mechanics are the same but there are tons of additions and changes. You will learn as you play. Or visit my youtube channel (youtube.com/Qahlel) for guides and stuff.

I was actually talking the other day with some friends, being new or returning in aion after more than 2 years must be a pain hell, because lvling (legal ofc) is sooooo hard right know and try to catch the people who is already 75 i kinda impossible, talkign about lvl, gear and everything, pre 5.0 it was much easier to do that.

5 years sure is a long time, and that really shows in Aion. To put it into perspective, I recently returned after a 4 month break, and the game already feels different. Cheesecake outlined everything you really need to know, and I only have one thing to add:

The game right now is entirely focused on its end game (lvl 66+), so don't linger on the lower levels unless you are interested in story and lore. Even if you are, I'd still bolt to 66 first to get a hang of what it's like, then return to lower level content with an alt. Join a friendly legion and play with friends, you'd be surprised of how quickly you'll get there. 

Archived