Screen Resolution

5sCB821

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if there's a way to change the resolution for Aion? I'm not seeing a settings option at the load screen for character creation, nor do I see one on the launcher. I have a very large widescreen monitor and I fear it may cause problems when the game starts. Thanks!

On 6/23/2021 at 10:09 AM, 5sCB821 said:

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if there's a way to change the resolution for Aion? I'm not seeing a settings option at the load screen for character creation, nor do I see one on the launcher. I have a very large widescreen monitor and I fear it may cause problems when the game starts. Thanks!

You can't change any graphics settings until you're actually in the game.

If you wanted to do it out of game you would need to decrypt system.cfg file in the main aion folder, change the resolution, save and re-encrypt. Someone in the dps meter community shared the decryption but I am not sure if it woul be wrong to put it here (not that you can hack or cheat with this file, it simply allows you to read the system.cfg file that simply has presets for the client)

Otherwise you need to enter the game and simply go to graphics, change the resolution and voila.

Archived