Daeva Pass $30. Sub $15.

Guest Wow

I cannot believe this is real.

The pass itself is more than the actual sub? It is 2021 and tons of games have battle passes. None for this outrageous price.

Insane.

I really want classic to last, but I 100% know people will leave when they see this. 

Yes, it is optional, but wow. I am all for supporting this company for the longevity of classic, but I can't see the player base staying here for more than 5 months with this price model.

1 hour ago, Guest Wow said:

I cannot believe this is real.

The pass itself is more than the actual sub? It is 2021 and tons of games have battle passes. None for this outrageous price.

Insane.

I really want classic to last, but I 100% know people will leave when they see this. 

Yes, it is optional, but wow. I am all for supporting this company for the longevity of classic, but I can't see the player base staying here for more than 5 months with this price model.

To be REALLY fair, the items in the pass are not really worth it. We still get some items for ..free !

This is more or less, in-pair with the Veteran Ranks we had back in 2009. Difference is, we got that for ..free. 

Anyway, we are talking about NcSoft here. It will not be long until we see real P2W items into the Daeva Pass. That will be the day i'll /quit it ! :) I hope I'm wrong, but history has proved me ..right! 

10 minutes ago, IceAge said:

To be REALLY fair, the items in the pass are not really worth it. We still get some items for ..free !

This is more or less, in-pair with the Veteran Ranks we had back in 2009. Difference is, we got that for ..free. 

Anyway, we are talking about NcSoft here. It will not be long until we see real P2W items into the Daeva Pass. That will be the day i'll /quit it ! :) I hope I'm wrong, but history has proved me ..right! 

THIS exactly, I came in here ready to support the game and throw money at it. However, I refuse to throw $30 at something not worth it. Even if it was worth it, $30 for a battle pass? Hell no. I have no problems spending cash on costumes and all that, but a pass that costs more than the sub? Ooof

Game is beyond nyerked lol - It's not that one can't afford it but like $30 for less than 30 days. Battlepass selling for 1 million kinah plus some big xp rewards and consumables. 

These are things you DONT do with your game to water down a classic experience. 

17 minutes ago, Guest Ava said:

Game is beyond nyerked lol - It's not that one can't afford it but like $30 for less than 30 days. Battlepass selling for 1 million kinah plus some big xp rewards and consumables. 

These are things you DONT do with your game to water down a classic experience. 

Yeah I feel like this was a bad decision and will take a lot away from the true classic experience. I hope they do something but lets be honest. they wont.

1 minute ago, Mvb said:

You don't have to buy the pass u know. Just pay the sub and u are good.

Which is kinda fine, but the pass gives candies which can be sold to vendors for high amount, some people already got 1m kinah if not more because of that. It's already a ruined economy.

Guest Erynne
1 hour ago, IceAge said:

From what i heard you can get manastones, enchantment stones and AP relics from the daeva pass.

So there's one post about candies which the daeva pass have and then I find out the pass is 30 dollars. double the price of the aura with already confirmed p2w attached to it. 

Only hours in and this stuff happening. Future lookin bad.

Guest Markx
1 hour ago, Mvb said:

You don't have to buy the pass u know. Just pay the sub and u are good.

This, but also not this. While it is optional, having a pass be $30 is so laughable. I am too embarrassed to even try to invite my friends to this right now because they'll think I'm crazy.

I know classic was made for nostalgia, but if we want new players in, this simply won't do it. There's so many other mmos on the horizon and whether or not his one had been getting advertised or not, it's clearly well known. However, because of our "p2w" problems at launch with the candies and this price point for a pass more expensive than a regular sub, I too don't see this game lasting much longer. It will end up like retail where only the whales and die hard fans play, but even those die hard fans will go as well if none of these problems are addressed. 

You wanna know what's fun? Today we had two servers with queue, at the point you'd get logged off to trying log on siel intead of being put on queue. And on Israphael where everyone though would be free and empty had 4k right after release.

After seeing the store, the candy selling and how huge it can be. Both servers in about 2 hours got empty to the point no queue is needed and City is  just a bunch of babies yelling each other on chat.

Now I ask you, how many candies do they have to sell EVERY MONTH to compensate all those players that would PAY subscription and who knows what else more, but left?

How many income would they have just having subscription at 15USD each player, with no daeva pass. I really hope some dev read what I am writing and hope this get into their minds. Can they sell candy every month to compensate all those subscriptions? 

Guest velimirius

couldnt expect better from NC, rubbish company, always goes full p2w and then we get mod sweet talking us here on forums like everything is ok, pathetic.

weird part is, its not the same coin used in Aion, which makes things difficult, i transferred my nc coin to aion for this, now this isnt using aion coin, wtf?

not that im that interested after seeing the pass though, thats bad. It's like they want BDO players to feel like they arent playing a p2w.

bottom line that pass should be just a daily login/grind thing. charging $30 for it is insanity. How do devs come up with a good idea like going back in time, but yet.. screw it up moreso than the original version. Just cant have nice things.

This game will be a ghost town after the first weeks free aura is gone.

Huge P2W issues with buying stats in the cash shop, Kinah in the cash shop, the audacity to ask for a 15$ sub + a 20$ monthly pass.......for a 20 year old game!!!!!!!!

lol.

I would pay 35$ a month for state of the art virtual reality .....but guys, be real, you arent selling that.  

Guest Someone irrelevant

It's not that I can't afford it, I don't care about a $30 battle pass. It's the message behind it though and what it does for the whole online community... it's an MMO everybody! Remember?? The game sucks if there aren't others playing. If NCS does this, it pushes players away which means= no game.

On 6/24/2021 at 6:30 AM, BioForm said:

Who cares honestly? the pass is nothing that gives a permanent advantage you can literally just sub and grind and be right where they are in time.

...in time! So, for the Miragent Set, beside doing some quests, you will need around 40 mil Kinah + other items + 449 Crafting. 

A whale can buy 400 Candies and .. voila! In ( no ) time, he has the Kinah for the set. All he needs now will be some runnings here and there for the quests, and some AFK crafting ( for which he will also spend more Candies for the mats to get to max level ). 

With the ..saved kinah he done until lvl 50 and beyond, he can now buy mana stones and enchanted stones for the Miragent set .....................or he can buy more Candies ( he will do this anyway ) so he can enchant his gear easily.

Now, a P2P player, which just pays 15$ per month to ... enjoy the game, he works his ass to level 50 as best as he knows. While there, he realizes that all the Kinah he has is 5-10 mil or even less, because he also spend Kinah while leveling for potions, scrolls, mana stones, etc. He also wants the Miragent set. Now he needs to grind his ass to make 40+ mil + other items + crafting. The whale got this set almost as soon as he hited lvl 50. Our P2P guy well .. let's just say back in 2009, this set was a HUGE grind. So maybe in 1 month or more, with heavy grinding, he will finally get the set. Add a lot more for mana stones, enchants, etc .. and...you can now make a comparation Vs a Whale.

Yup ... "in time". 

Guest Someone irrelevant
1 hour ago, IceAge said:

...in time! So, for the Miragent Set, beside doing some quests, you will need around 40 mil Kinah + other items + 449 Crafting. 

A whale can buy 400 Candies and .. voila! In ( no ) time, he has the Kinah for the set. All he needs now will be some runnings here and there for the quests, and some AFK crafting ( for which he will also spend more Candies for the mats to get to max level ). 

With the ..saved kinah he done until lvl 50 and beyond, he can now buy mana stones and enchanted stones for the Miragent set .....................or he can buy more Candies ( he will do this anyway ) so he can enchant his gear easily.

Now, a P2P player, which just pays 15$ per month to ... enjoy the game, he works his ass to level 50 as best as he knows. While there, he realizes that all the Kinah he has is 5-10 mil or even less, because he also spend Kinah while leveling for potions, scrolls, mana stones, etc. He also wants the Miragent set. Now he needs to grind his ass to make 40+ mil + other items + crafting. The whale got this set almost as soon as he hited lvl 50. Our P2P guy well .. let's just say back in 2009, this set was a HUGE grind. So maybe in 1 month or more, with heavy grinding, he will finally get the set. Add a lot more for mana stones, enchants, etc .. and...you can now make a comparation Vs a Whale.

Yup ... "in time". 

Im out...dont have that kind of time nor do I feel like being forced to spend that money for an imbalanced business practice

On 6/23/2021 at 7:33 PM, Guest Wow said:

I’m still trying to figure out why ppl are complaining about p2w on retail server where you have a choice - play for free or pay for prestige or BCM items, while on classic it’s exactly the same (if not worse) but everyone says « don’t pay attention to it, it’s optional ».

33 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I’m still trying to figure out why ppl are complaining about p2w on retail server where you have a choice - play for free or pay for prestige or BCM items, while on classic it’s exactly the same (if not worse) but everyone says « don’t pay attention to it, it’s optional ».

thats TOTALLY it. these nostalgic a$$h0les won't complain but the time were the whales will 1 shot them is coming and then the qq will start

Guest lolretail
59 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

24 minutes ago, Arkanus-DN said:

thats TOTALLY it. these nostalgic a$$h0les won't complain but the time were the whales will 1 shot them is coming and then the qq will start

found the two delusional retail rejects

difference is 30e vs 50e can actually still 1v1 in classic.

gl trying to 1v1 a whale in retail, to even pretend its comparable just makes you sound delusional and unhinged

Archived