Aion Classic - Ruined by Candies

IceAge

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/24/2021 at 1:15 AM, Guest Ariel said:

Would anyone be kind enough to elaborate this candy dilemma to a new player?

There is no dilemma. Currently, you are capped at making 1mil gold per day, and these people are highly upset that you can hit that cap in the first few days of playing by selling candies. Realistically, once you make it to the high 30s to low 40s in levels, hitting that daily kinah cap by simply playing the game is very easy due to the drops you can sell, so the candy vendoring is really only useful for the first few days to maybe a week or playing. Also, that 1 mil a day is not "economy breaking" as these people seem to want to believe. Most of that daily gold income is going to be heading into skill books, potions, and inventory expansions to make your leveling life easier.

The bottom line is these people that are so vehemently denouncing the candy sales are the same people that were going to quit ANYWAYS because they would have found some other stupid thing to latch on to and say "this is bad, you ruined the game, i quit". 

2 minutes ago, Guest tony said:

There is no dilemma. Currently, you are capped at making 1mil gold per day, and these people are highly upset that you can hit that cap in the first few days of playing by selling candies. Realistically, once you make it to the high 30s to low 40s in levels, hitting that daily kinah cap by simply playing the game is very easy due to the drops you can sell, so the candy vendoring is really only useful for the first few days to maybe a week or playing. Also, that 1 mil a day is not "economy breaking" as these people seem to want to believe. Most of that daily gold income is going to be heading into skill books, potions, and inventory expansions to make your leveling life easier.

The bottom line is these people that are so vehemently denouncing the candy sales are the same people that were going to quit ANYWAYS because they would have found some other stupid thing to latch on to and say "this is bad, you ruined the game, i quit". 

+1

Guest NCPencil
6 minutes ago, Guest tony said:

This guy purposely held information to lighten the severity of this issue. Or he only played for 2-3 hours and did not realize this.

Players can buy unlimited amounts of candy on a single character then resell them in the Auction house or private shop for a 10% discount to other players in turn for the uncapped kinah they're making, they let others make a 10-35% profit off their purchase by reselling  the candy themselves.

Tough Pink Tiger Candy is NCsoft's way of selling kinah for money. It costs $11 for 2.4-3mil Kinah which you can buy as much as you want, with no limits.
There have been replies from the CM stating the publisher here in NCWest see this as intended and will not do anything to change this outcome.

1 hour ago, Guest tony said:

I'll just leave this here so that others doesn't believe the above lies

Today a whale(i have his name but privacy intended for him, don’t tell me I made this up) in eltnen sold 750+ candys in private shop and advertised to players in lfg for 65k/candy.  Bypassing the daily kinah limit. This guy restocked 3 separate times. 

Yes, theoretically you CAN sell them to other players. Again, realistically the amount of candies you are able to sell this way is not very high, especially if a lot of people are trying to do that. You guys are assuming there is a lot of people out there who will willingly kinah cap themselves for a miniscule profit. 

Another thing you seem to forget is that if someone wants to pay to win, regardless of what game it is, they will do it no matter what. RMT is available in virtually every game, so why would someone who wants to whale mega hard jump through annoying hoops to do it. Are there people that will try do it like you said? Yes, of course, but the amount of people doing that and the reward they gain from it is NOT game breaking like you guys are trying to make it sound. 

1 hour ago, Guest tony said:

Yes, theoretically you CAN sell them to other players. Again, realistically the amount of candies you are able to sell this way is not very high, especially if a lot of people are trying to do that. You guys are assuming there is a lot of people out there who will willingly kinah cap themselves for a miniscule profit. 

Another thing you seem to forget is that if someone wants to pay to win, regardless of what game it is, they will do it no matter what. RMT is available in virtually every game, so why would someone who wants to whale mega hard jump through annoying hoops to do it. Are there people that will try do it like you said? Yes, of course, but the amount of people doing that and the reward they gain from it is NOT game breaking like you guys are trying to make it sound. 

Oh, the excuses.

RMT is limited by many factors and they still need to play the game, while Candies are infinite. You are acting like people will stop at creating just 1 char and hit the 1 Mil Kinah and that's it. Well, breaking News : Create More Chars, sell the Candies to the shop, transfer the Kinah to your main! Voila. I'm sure there are other ways to do this, so yea!

Such a classless topic. Most people posting against the cadies are doing so a s "guests", Why is that? Are they actually playing the game? The game has all the feel of what Aion was, and what we remember it to be. There will always be people taking advantage of certain situations, but hell that is life in general. I would love to see the a pic of the guy selling all those candies as mentioned earlier, or guess what? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. 

NCSOFT has a board of directors and shareholders to report to,  thus the game needs to make money in order to survive.

The candies are not a deal breaker. People have just jumped on the hate bandwagon to rubbish the game.

25 minutes ago, PapaZ-DN said:

NCSOFT has a board of directors and shareholders to report to,  thus the game needs to make money in order to survive.

Thats why there is a subscription.

If  guys think that when Daeva pass stops selling well they wont put something juicy in it to try get your money, you are just lying to yourself.

Guest Wubbo
42 minutes ago, PapaZ-DN said:

Such a classless topic. Most people posting against the cadies are doing so a s "guests", Why is that? Are they actually playing the game? The game has all the feel of what Aion was, and what we remember it to be. There will always be people taking advantage of certain situations, but hell that is life in general. I would love to see the a pic of the guy selling all those candies as mentioned earlier, or guess what? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. 

The candies are not a deal breaker. People have just jumped on the hate bandwagon to rubbish the game.

"You must login to the game within the last 30 days in order to post on the community.

Logging out of your NCSOFT account will allow you to view the forums as a guest."

So! Since it doesn't appear to be counting me logging in on classic as logging into the game, that's my reason for being on guest right now atleast. Haven't touched "main" aion since 2011 or so since I started hating the direction they took the game in. Doesn't make my complaints any less valid imo, especially when I'm seeing the same warning signs now.

For a game that requires a sub(and I say requires because you're heavily penalized for not having it if you intend on playing for more than 1 hr a day) and is advertising a 30 day battle pass AND has p2w features in the cash shop? Yeah, having stuff that breaks ingame play by inflating the economy is a dealbreaker for me. I'd be fine with aesthetics and whatnot (even though I hate the transformations since they kill my immersion in this beautiful game) since, yeah, you're right, they do need to make money. But there's a difference between outright milking and exploiting nostalgia and making a profitable, sustainable model. People are upset because they genuinely want to like the game but they're repeating the same mistakes that isolated all their audience outside of whales.

3 hours ago, Guest Wubbo said:

"You must login to the game within the last 30 days in order to post on the community.

Logging out of your NCSOFT account will allow you to view the forums as a guest."

So! Since it doesn't appear to be counting me logging in on classic as logging into the game, that's my reason for being on guest right now atleast. Haven't touched "main" aion since 2011 or so since I started hating the direction they took the game in. Doesn't make my complaints any less valid imo, especially when I'm seeing the same warning signs now.

For a game that requires a sub(and I say requires because you're heavily penalized for not having it if you intend on playing for more than 1 hr a day) and is advertising a 30 day battle pass AND has p2w features in the cash shop? Yeah, having stuff that breaks ingame play by inflating the economy is a dealbreaker for me. I'd be fine with aesthetics and whatnot (even though I hate the transformations since they kill my immersion in this beautiful game) since, yeah, you're right, they do need to make money. But there's a difference between outright milking and exploiting nostalgia and making a profitable, sustainable model. People are upset because they genuinely want to like the game but they're repeating the same mistakes that isolated all their audience outside of whales.

Thanks for the "guest" clarification. Maybe I'm wrong but by selling candies can actually benefit the game, especially at the early stages. For example, I can use the kinah to level a craft, and start selling stuff in game. For me right now its all about pots and scrolls. So to be able to make those and sell them only supports the economy. As someone noted earlier the only true value in Classic is AP. To me that is what Classic is all about. I think we can all agree NCWest made a good decision not to load the shop with crowns, which would have been a disaster. Although I'm not an elite PvP'er I can hold my own based on skill and mechanics and not from xforms and minions that are in the retail version.

I guess I was just shocked to see so much complaining about the issue. I mean, to me, the main purpose of Classic is to re-visit how the game was, the Abyss, the grinding, the rifting , and the classic fort battles, etc....

Only time will tell if NCWest made a mistake.

Peace.....

2 hours ago, PapaZ-DN said:

Thanks for the "guest" clarification. Maybe I'm wrong but by selling candies can actually benefit the game, especially at the early stages. For example, I can use the kinah to level a craft, and start selling stuff in game. For me right now its all about pots and scrolls. So to be able to make those and sell them only supports the economy. As someone noted earlier the only true value in Classic is AP. To me that is what Classic is all about. I think we can all agree NCWest made a good decision not to load the shop with crowns, which would have been a disaster. Although I'm not an elite PvP'er I can hold my own based on skill and mechanics and not from xforms and minions that are in the retail version.

I guess I was just shocked to see so much complaining about the issue. I mean, to me, the main purpose of Classic is to re-visit how the game was, the Abyss, the grinding, the rifting , and the classic fort battles, etc....

Peace.....

Not a guest either and not happy about the candies.  People wanted to experience classic and start over on an even playing field.  It looked like it would be since they had a sub and a daeva pass plus a cash shop in order to make money.  Pretty sure nobody expected there to be tens of millions of kinah made from nothing on the first day.  I would've definitely paid a bunch for a sub and cosmetics since I'd happily support the game if there weren't paid advantages, but nah, they had to double dip.  If i wanted a p2w Aion then i'd just go play retail.

I'd prefer if they didn't do the candies because I'd like for the game to have a lot of players and there's no way they didn't know that a lot of players would leave if there were paid advantages given.  It's pretty ridiculous to watch people sit there and tell everyone to "shut up and take it or just leave" when that's actually pushing people away from the game which is the opposite of what people wanted all because these people are taking sides with the company instead of the players.  It's basically just becoming a repeat of retail which is almost dead as it is and I don't see why people would stick around.  Yeah i get it, they could stay and have some fun for the time being, but they could just go play another game and invest in that char/game and support a company that does have a good/better reputation.

5 hours ago, PapaZ-DN said:

There is simply no way I will pay sub after this, I was defending Aion recently ago, saying sub based model seems great and not seeing what's p2w about it.

Now I feel dumb realizing I was wrong.

People like you ruined sub based games feeding the greed of the publishers.

Guest Notimagined

This kind of release is exactly what I did not want to happen. Holy shiet, direct method to purchase kinah from the NC store? At a cheaper price than bots can even compete with?

what the actual fck? 

My own gaming buddy refused to even download Aion Classic because he told me it was just a cash grab. 

im so fcking pissed that not only am I going to unsubscribe. I’m also going to persuade others to not support such a idiotic company that spits on its long term fan base.

42 minutes ago, Guest Notimagined said:

This kind of release is exactly what I did not want to happen. Holy shiet, direct method to purchase kinah from the NC store? At a cheaper price than bots can even compete with?

what the actual fck? 

My own gaming buddy refused to even download Aion Classic because he told me it was just a cash grab. 

im so fcking pissed that not only am I going to unsubscribe. I’m also going to persuade others to not support such a idiotic company that spits on its long term fan base.

I'm really disappointed, but I'm glad I kinda expected it and didn't purchase anything.  Sucks to see the posts on here for people that spent money and regret it or people/groups of people leaving because of this whole debacle.  I was really looking forward to 50 dredge again (probably my favorite game mode from any mmo), but sadly I won't be sticking around.

Guest Hobbyist

There are whales in MOBILE GAMES that spend 10k+ per month. You have 100 people spending that kind of money thats the equivalent of like 22,000 people subscribing AND buying the $30 battle-pass every month.

People can, and will spend that kind of money in Aion. There will be trillionaires in Aion Classic in short time. I'm sure there are already billionaires.

Guest Hinzho

p2w content is no less than most. Today it will be candy, tomorrow the item will be sold in the market. If this is not prevented at first, the continuation is fixed with experience. Defenders do not even know what they are defending.

Well the facts then !:

2. We don't have a special CUBE for quest items ! :(

3. We have 15$ Siel's Aura monthly outcome (P2P) + 30 $ Daeva's Pass (P2P +P2W) + 10$ candy's (P2W)  + 24/7 selling bots (adena, kinah, gold) money (P2W) !!!

Yeah , number ONE, here it is:

1. Like any good respectful WOW game, BROKER, by definition, SHOULD BE UNLIMITED !

On WOW works, a crappy 2002 game, why not here ? We're not any more in 2009, to say u can keep enough of data on server, or info, or  what damn ever u want to say ! OoO

ipZMGUHcdoAwykSrPWSIOrmA1OUOxghhxFCD77jz

45 minutes ago, KushinaUzumakl said:

Well the facts then !:

2. We don't have a special CUBE for quest items ! :(

3. We have 15$ Siel's Aura monthly outcome (P2P) + 30 $ Daeva's Pass (P2P +P2W) + 10$ candy's (P2W)  + 24/7 selling bots (adena, kinah, gold) money (P2W) !!!

Yeah , number ONE, here it is:

1. Like any good respectful WOW game, BROKER, by definition, SHOULD BE UNLIMITED !

On WOW works, a crappy 2002 game, why not here ? We're not any more in 2009, to say u can keep enough of data on server, or info, or  what damn ever u want to say ! OoO

ipZMGUHcdoAwykSrPWSIOrmA1OUOxghhxFCD77jz

Pretty sure WoW released in 2004 and in no means is a "crappy" game as you say.

The community warned NCsoft that if they did major P2W options for the ingame store most players wouldn't play... we'll see how the servers look after the free trial expires. They easily could of made bank just keeping the in-game store cosmetic or low tier helper stuff, but they decided to go a route that's going to destroy the economy from day 1. The 1mil kinah a day limit isn't enough of a buffer to stop inflation sadly as many people are just botting or creating 2ndary accounts to make more toons to sell more candys on daily.  I'm still enjoying the game and already paid for my 3 month sub so might as well make the most out of it, but I do agree...NCsoft did NOT listen to the player base and just went for an easy cash grab...idk why anyone would of expected better of them... 

idk if any of the p2w defending hard-ons have looked at the broker recently but the prices today were sickening...

I also watched just 1 person with their private store selling 500+ candies at the beginning of the day. By the end of the day they were down to 30 candies...

at 80k a pop that means many players are making at the very least 40 million kinah a day.

There are people spending hundreds a day on this game. "But there's a mil kinah cap, it does nothing!" yeah right! If you believe there is a 1 million kinah cap you are beyond delusional! thereare several players with over 1bil kinah already and it is beginning to show on the broker. low level crafted blues for 30+ mil? what the heck is happening... I thought people wanted Classic not P2W 2.0. O.o

wow 40milion kinah? its nothing, I made 20 yesterday just by not being lazy. if u prefer spend tons of dollars for 40 mil or u play 1 day and make 20mil kinah.... idk whats more worth, you choose :) 

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Pretty sure WoW released in 2004 and in no means is a "crappy" game as you say.

Of course it's not. But I'm just saying,  u can't compare it even with 2009 :) And, from there to now are 12 more years ? I think ? =))

P.S. It's a game i like it very much ^^

The problem with candies may not actually just be candies themselves.

unknown.png

The nerf to items sell price as well as the 1 million kinah limit is a direct result of adding candies in to the game.

They ruined the players choice to play classic how they enjoy it. That is the biggest problem with candies. Now the best way to make money is to be a supplier for the candy sellers OR make level 10 alts and buy candies from them and vendor them every day.

Archived