Jump to content
Forums

The crying needs to stop


Recommended Posts

Guest Happymeal

Like the the title states just stop. It hasn't even been 24 hours and ncsoft and team are already being crucified over what's  turning out to be a basic economics math problem.

I want to say kudos to the team for a great job with classic today and had a great time already. With that said please don't listen to the whining about p2w. From day 1 of the announcement people were looking for a reason to burn the team at the stake. Well they found one which leads back to my economics statement. There is zero p2w when there is no economy established plain and simple. That few 100k  from candy is the equivalent of me having 5 dollars in my pocket and you having 2.50. Sure you can buy a bit of inventory currently but that's absolutely it. Nobody is buying thousands of dollars in candy to save for balur blood stains so just chill.

In closing if you bought a founders pack you should have 6 already so get your 600k and be on the same playing field. If you actually used them then I have no idea what to tell you because the stats on it are garbage and would be better to sell. Now if you can't afford a subscription game or trinkets that are offered you really shouldn't be playing games and start looking for a better job. It is literally open season in the job market around the globe since covid especially in the US. People don't want to work making more on unemployment so get out there and grab their job from them and make that money. Aion won't support a family.

I'll be waiting to be stoned to death after this since developing an opinion outside the norm is against the rules in this day and age so let them fly and good luck to all you enjoying the game, hope to kill some of you soon 😝

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm already receive spam from chiness bot seller... you always can buy curency on any MMORPG, it's part of the game but what is nice with Aion it's You need AP, Medail or farm like crazy for end game stuff, not Kinah

Edited by 66s5AD94
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 66s5AD94 said:

i'm already receive spam from chiness bot seller... you always can buy curency on any MMORPG, it's part of the game but what is nice with Aion it's You need AP, Medail or farm like crazy for end game stuff, not Kinah

Thing is with kinah, you can basically buy out anything from medals to manastones and enchantment stones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 66s5AD94 said:

i'm already receive spam from chiness bot seller... you always can buy curency on any MMORPG, it's part of the game but what is nice with Aion it's You need AP, Medail or farm like crazy for end game stuff, not Kinah

HAHAHAHAH

Kinah = Stigmas, Mana Stones, Enchanted Stones, God Stones, Silver Medals, Gold Medals ..... HELLO?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Happymeal
18 minutes ago, IceAge said:

HAHAHAHAH

Kinah = Stigmas, Mana Stones, Enchanted Stones, God Stones, Silver Medals, Gold Medals ..... HELLO?!

Again good luck finding any of that in the coming weeks to buy with that candy money. It will be quite some time before the majority of any of that hits the market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Zuva

You have a fair point, maybe it's not as big of a deal.

I think the main concern is that whales are going to take advantage of this.

And that maybe NcSoft doesn't care about that happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Happymeal said:

Like the the title states just stop. It hasn't even been 24 hours and ncsoft and team are already being crucified over what's  turning out to be a basic economics math problem.

I want to say kudos to the team for a great job with classic today and had a great time already. With that said please don't listen to the whining about p2w. From day 1 of the announcement people were looking for a reason to burn the team at the stake. Well they found one which leads back to my economics statement. There is zero p2w when there is no economy established plain and simple. That few 100k  from candy is the equivalent of me having 5 dollars in my pocket and you having 2.50. Sure you can buy a bit of inventory currently but that's absolutely it. Nobody is buying thousands of dollars in candy to save for balur blood stains so just chill.

In closing if you bought a founders pack you should have 6 already so get your 600k and be on the same playing field. If you actually used them then I have no idea what to tell you because the stats on it are garbage and would be better to sell. Now if you can't afford a subscription game or trinkets that are offered you really shouldn't be playing games and start looking for a better job. It is literally open season in the job market around the globe since covid especially in the US. People don't want to work making more on unemployment so get out there and grab their job from them and make that money. Aion won't support a family.

I'll be waiting to be stoned to death after this since developing an opinion outside the norm is against the rules in this day and age so let them fly and good luck to all you enjoying the game, hope to kill some of you soon 😝

here's the crux. if you're playing a single player rpg, or even a pure pve mmo, fine: go with the p2w, elitish attitude, i have a better life than you, scrub, deal with it (very mature)..

but you're dealing with an pvp game. you alienate the base day 1? your game dies, day 3.

So there ya go whale boi, enjoy your classic experience.

honestly uninstalled.

$30 for something almost every mmo gives as a daily log in reward is beyond stupid. and then to put it in classic? k.

never change NCSoft, we might give you a chance if you did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Seiluinae said:

here's the crux. if you're playing a single player rpg, or even a pure pve mmo, fine: go with the p2w, elitish attitude, i have a better life than you, scrub, deal with it (very mature)..

but you're dealing with an pvp game. you alienate the base day 1? your game dies, day 3.

So there ya go whale boi, enjoy your classic experience.

honestly uninstalled.

$30 for something almost every mmo gives as a daily log in reward is beyond stupid. and then to put it in classic? k.

never change NCSoft, we might give you a chance if you did.

well, bye. Crying over kinah is pretty silly "wahhhh whales can buy stuff" do you understand how silly you sound? there will ALWAYS be people who buy game currency, be it the game selling it themselves or third party sellers. cut out the third party guys and  they make the money them selves, WoW does it, whats the big deal? most end game stuff doesnt even take kinah to buy, it takes earned items lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IceAge said:

HAHAHAHAH

Kinah = Stigmas, Mana Stones, Enchanted Stones, God Stones, Silver Medals, Gold Medals ..... HELLO?!

Explain to me in detail how you can't acquire those things yourself in time and this "pay to win" gives them a forever advantage in pvp. You can't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

leave your expectations at the desktop.. Just play. I logged in just after server start I'm at level 14.. at this maintainence halt while they fix the duel wield issue.  Not in a rush.  the "contest" prizes are nothing to get in a twist about.  Anyone who's max level in a day congratulations..  I wonder how much of the game you missed because you just had to be first... .quest, grind where you have to. get the lore and just enjoy the experience of playing a hard mode MMO instead of the typical "Entitled, give me stuff because I'm special or I'll leave"

what a sucky attitude.. if ya feel that way.. please find another game to play.     

Yea the whining sounds just stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Have Fun

ppl complaining at level 10 because others have 100k to 600k of kinah, I'm sure thousands of ppl bought the pack that comes with the 6, im sure they didnt sell them all, some used and some sold it, so what. 

Every game as whales, who will always have much more than the majority of people playing. Same in society.

Like " OMG the game is ruined because he sold some candy and made a mil ". Uninstall then and go play something else, thats most likely gonna have a whale there with more than you. All this damn crying at level 10, with so much left to do, 45-50 grind alone is gonna make people rage much less a couple million.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest helleaven

There is 1m cap.i've sold just greens and  and made around 800k.Candies are not big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest helleaven

There is 1m cap.i've sold just greens and  and made around 800k.Candies are not big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Have Fun

"OMG the game is ruined because he sold some candies for couple million" man all ya'll need to get the fk out, damn cry babies.

every game has whales that will always have more than majority. So what.

45-50 grind is a much bigger rage than this petty candy story. Almost as if u guys wishing bad on the server from the start and just waiting for any little thing.

go play catch or some other damn game where u have the advantage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest /s modCheck
21 minutes ago, Guest Have Fun said:

"OMG the game is ruined because he sold some candies for couple million" man all ya'll need to get the fk out, damn cry babies.

every game has whales that will always have more than majority. So what.

45-50 grind is a much bigger rage than this petty candy story. Almost as if u guys wishing bad on the server from the start and just waiting for any little thing.

go play catch or some other damn game where u have the advantage.

It's not the million that ruining the server, it's that power is being sold in the cash shop.

is every game also has history of being ruined by p2w and cost fixed 15$ a month?

Nobody wish bad on the server, that's why they want the p2w to be gone. Look at live server for an example if this crap is not getting called out.

And they are paying customers, they get to complain to a product they paying for in hope of making it better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Wgdays

Absolutely. This doesn't ruin the fun for anyone. Alas, cash shops will always have critics no matter what. Even as benign as ESO's is, people still whine about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Happymeal
14 hours ago, Guest Zuva said:

You have a fair point, maybe it's not as big of a deal.

I think the main concern is that whales are going to take advantage of this.

And that maybe NcSoft doesn't care about that happening.

I 100% agree with you on that even though there's probably 10 of them lol. Realistically though nobody is leaving,the servers didn't loose 30k queue because 30k people left. The servers lost the queue because it was a typical mmo stress test and more space opened up over the hours. You are right though with any business making money nobody even the employees care. People seem to forget that's there pay check though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Happymeal
14 hours ago, Seiluinae said:

here's the crux. if you're playing a single player rpg, or even a pure pve mmo, fine: go with the p2w, elitish attitude, i have a better life than you, scrub, deal with it (very mature)..

but you're dealing with an pvp game. you alienate the base day 1? your game dies, day 3.

So there ya go whale boi, enjoy your classic experience.

honestly uninstalled.

$30 for something almost every mmo gives as a daily log in reward is beyond stupid. and then to put it in classic? k.

never change NCSoft, we might give you a chance if you did.

If that's what you got out of that then there is some issues there. Absolutely nothing was mentioned that your tangent just went off on. Pop your mom's nyerk out your mouth and stop crying and deal with the fact that nothing in life is fair and your parents lied to you, your not better than anyone. 

Moving on the second kids stop thinking they can be number 1 in life at something in this case a video game the better. Pvp in a MMO (RPG) has its place or staple per say and is why most Korean games die. Sure it's a added aspect of the game and sometimes fun but is not what a true MMORPG is about and never will be. You can see the massive decline in mmos since the initial release of pvp in them when there was none in 1998 to mid 2000s and why there has been utter garbage for over a decade.

So let's be honest you didn't unsub because you know yourself the candy isn't the issue and everything will even out in a few days with a 1 million kinah cap. So take a breath look in the mirror and realize how childish your parents made you out to be and grow up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Aion

Get ready for paralyze goldstone to cost 1 billion this month and 10 billion the next month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pleb
19 minutes ago, Guest Happymeal said:

If that's what you got out of that then there is some issues there. Absolutely nothing was mentioned that your tangent just went off on. Pop your mom's nyerk out your mouth and stop crying and deal with the fact that nothing in life is fair and your parents lied to you, your not better than anyone. 

Moving on the second kids stop thinking they can be number 1 in life at something in this case a video game the better. Pvp in a MMO (RPG) has its place or staple per say and is why most Korean games die. Sure it's a added aspect of the game and sometimes fun but is not what a true MMORPG is about and never will be. You can see the massive decline in mmos since the initial release of pvp in them when there was none in 1998 to mid 2000s and why there has been utter garbage for over a decade.

So let's be honest you didn't unsub because you know yourself the candy isn't the issue and everything will even out in a few days with a 1 million kinah cap. So take a breath look in the mirror and realize how childish your parents made you out to be and grow up.

 

So what do you stand for?

People clearly have an issue with what was presented as the Classic experience, that has all the modern "monetization" schemes, how is that not standing up for being lied to?

You are the one not standing for anything, accepting everything that is being thrown at you regardless of how devout of logic it is. The they have to make money argument doesn't fly here when they are selling an already bought and payed for 12 year old game in terms of developments, everything apart from some hosting fees is pure profit, so you are essentially standing up for unchecked profiteering? Well i think you have answered yourself on why most current MMOs are in decline. They can make money AND do a fair economy, its when they decide to make as much money as possible with as little regard to sustainability is when the problems arise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Happymeal
12 minutes ago, Guest Pleb said:

So what do you stand for?

People clearly have an issue with what was presented as the Classic experience, that has all the modern "monetization" schemes, how is that not standing up for being lied to?

You are the one not standing for anything, accepting everything that is being thrown at you regardless of how devout of logic it is. The they have to make money argument doesn't fly here when they are selling an already bought and payed for 12 year old game in terms of developments, everything apart from some hosting fees is pure profit, so you are essentially standing up for unchecked profiteering? Well i think you have answered yourself on why most current MMOs are in decline. They can make money AND do a fair economy, its when they decide to make as much money as possible with as little regard to sustainability is when the problems arise.

Okay so growing up watching youtube all day clearly misdirected you. Please look up big words before you try to use them. Absolutely nothing they are doing is illegal its candy bro for 100k sell 10 and your done earning kinah for the day or grind a bit and your set. Profiteering would require them to illegally profit from you. The simple fact that your complaining about a game being 12 years old and paying for it days it all. Clearly you didn't unsub so just enjoy the game like it was meant to be because a few 100k doesn't effect anyone when you can make millions at later levels with minimal effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Aion Team
16 hours ago, Guest Happymeal said:

I want to say kudos to the team for a great job with classic today and had a great time already. 

 

Thanks Happymeal. Appreciate the love. We'll continue monitoring the rest of the discussion, and I also appreciate those trying to be willing to see things from another perspective. If only because it makes it easier to feel some positive vibes during what I'd hope can be a good time for everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pleb
22 minutes ago, Guest Happymeal said:

Okay so growing up watching youtube all day clearly misdirected you. Please look up big words before you try to use them. Absolutely nothing they are doing is illegal its candy bro for 100k sell 10 and your done earning kinah for the day or grind a bit and your set. Profiteering would require them to illegally profit from you. The simple fact that your complaining about a game being 12 years old and paying for it days it all. Clearly you didn't unsub so just enjoy the game like it was meant to be because a few 100k doesn't effect anyone when you can make millions at later levels with minimal effort.

Ok bro, its not a big deal bro. Also profiteering has nothing to do with being legal, its more of a moral issue when someone is making more money than reasonably needing to be profitable and sustainable, but sure.  Also you can make millions later ok, and your labor will be devalued the more kinah are being pumped in to the game, so you millions wont mean much when some people will have billions buying everything that you need to progress, effectively slowing it down.

And thats how it always starts you know, oh its just candies, its just cosmetics, its just time savers, its just battle packs with relics and medals, EVERY single time thats how it starts.

@Kibbelz What exactly is the other side of the argument, because i haven't seen any other argument from you guys than "We don't consider it a problem", well thats not really an argument is it, argument needs you know arguments for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...