Hotfix Incoming: 6/23 9pm PT - Dual-Wield Fix

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

We are happy to share that the team has identified a fix for the issue affecting female dual-wield characters. In order to implement this change, we intend to bring down the servers from 9PM - 10:30PM Pacific for maintenance.

Thank you to everyone for displaying such patience while we investigated this issue and found a solution. We hope you are all enjoying your first day in Aion Classic!

Guest Shavera
5 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

We are happy to share that the team has identified a fix for the issue affecting female dual-wield characters. In order to implement this change, we intend to bring down the servers from 9PM - 10:30PM Pacific for maintenance.

Thank you to everyone for displaying such patience while we investigated this issue and found a solution. We hope you are all enjoying your first day in Aion Classic!

Thank you for the communication on all that's been done.  

Is there anyway for Support to be informed of the situation that happened today?  A lot of us sins bought gender switch scrolls so that we could play today, and some of us are worried about PVPing support for a restoration.  

I'd also like to know about the candies.

I think everything is fine, but A LOT of people in the community don't... and a lot of people are complaining, being toxic, and there's a lot of damage being done to the community and "approachability" of Aion. People are gonna see all of the negativity and decide not to play/that it isn't worth it... and that just sucks, because Aion IS fun and could be a great fit for them.

Guest Volnus

I want to highlight that candies, can be bought on the BCM and sold to vendors for 100k each... This is going to lead to massive inflation and should be reduced to 1 kinah like an event item. 

Guest Agbonl4hor

Please remove f2p restrictions, I can't afford Siel's Aura. I got jobless because of the pandemic

4 minutes ago, 2s32FC60 said:

I'd also like to know about the candies.

I think everything is fine, but A LOT of people in the community don't... and a lot of people are complaining, being toxic, and there's a lot of damage being done to the community and "approachability" of Aion. People are gonna see all of the negativity and decide not to play/that it isn't worth it... and that just sucks, because Aion IS fun and could be a great fit for them.

dang, you hit the nail on the head there. i particularly dont think its a good thing for it to be sellable but the worst part about it all is how people are already uninstalling and badmouthing the game which will create an awful reputation and hinder the game's growth. which is a shame because its so much fun 😞

Guest Light

Please address the community why are the candies being sold for Kinah. It's bricking the economy... We need a official response from your team. 

2 minutes ago, Guest Volnus said:

I want to highlight that candies, can be bought on the BCM and sold to vendors for 100k each... This is going to lead to massive inflation and should be reduced to 1 kinah like an event item. 

Realistically, either they need to roll back all candy sales or leave them as is. Allowing the front runners that much disparity in currency will ruin things for a long time.

1 minute ago, Guest Agbonl4hor said:

Please remove f2p restrictions, I can't afford Siel's Aura. I got jobless because of the pandemic

They aren't going to remove the f2p restrictions because you can't afford the subscription. It's terrible that you lost your job, it really is, but asking a BUSINESS to give you their service for free is ridiculous and unfair of you.

2 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

All it would take is just making the candies unsellable. Keep them tradeable and let the market determine the price if need be but the sellable for 100k really needs to go. the 450 Quna pack on the cash shop lands you an easy 3 million presently.

I think there's a 1 mill sell limit, but yeah, I agree.. whales are also selling it on broker for below 100k so you can sell it yourself for a small profit

Hotfix?

You just took the nyerking servers down for 90 minutes. Maybe you don't actually know what a hotfix is? 

Just now, Guest Ava said:

Hotfix?

You just took the nyerking servers down for 90 minutes. Maybe you don't actually know what a hotfix is? 

"A small piece of code developed to correct a major software bug or fault and released as quickly as possible." I'd say that fits that description. It's certainly not a full patch, it's only fixing one issue. The time it takes to put onto and test the servers has no bearing on whether it's a hotfix, and I suspect that they'll probably be up well before that, but they're giving themselves some fudge factor time.

Candies are not that big of a deal as you guys make it, yeah they can expand inventory faster but for example i've farmed over 100k just killing and selling shit free 2 play. If anything they get some progression. Its that group herd mentality of "omg pay2win" that is driving people away, not the actual problem it's self. Look at reddit, the forums here, or even twitter! they just made a post about the hotfix and everyone is just crying thinking people have multi millions not even knowing about the daily cap. 

Please don't ruin this game with group herd " OH NO THE SKY IS FALLING" mentality.  

Guest Floki
4 minutes ago, Guest Ava said:

Hotfix?

Hot Fix != Hot Swap.

A Hot Fix is a rapidly developed patch to correct a large bug in code, the term has no indication or requirement on downtime.

Stay in school.

1 minute ago, Guest Ava said:

Hotfix?

Oh, I just went out for half an hour, and can't get back on either server, it says Siel recommended which is where I have my toon, but when I click on it I get a dialog box that says the server is down (8)  The same for Israphel, but it does say down rather than recommended

How long are they down for? The OP says outage is not supposed to be until 9pm Pacific and it's only 1:12pm Pacific atm.

12 minutes ago, 2s331D70-DN said:

Realistically, either they need to roll back all candy sales or leave them as is. Allowing the front runners that much disparity in currency will ruin things for a long time.

Absolutely.

Rollback the sales and maintain a small amount of integrity or it will be looked at as full blown P2W  with people having millions upon millions of Kinah bought from the cash shop with real money with the server only being live for 12 hours.....

1 minute ago, Alvie said:

Oh, I just went out for half an hour, and can't get back on either server, it says Siel recommended which is where I have my toon, but when I click on it I get a dialog box that says the server is down (8)  The same for Israphel, but it does say down rather than recommended

How long are they down for? The OP says outage is not supposed to be until 9pm Pacific and it's only 1:12pm Pacific atm.

It's 9:12 PDT. 

Guest Wazzaa
7 minutes ago, BioForm said:

Candies are not that big of a deal as you guys make it, yeah they can expand inventory faster but for example i've farmed over 100k just killing and selling shit free 2 play. If anything they get some progression. Its that group herd mentality of "omg pay2win" that is driving people away, not the actual problem it's self. Look at reddit, the forums here, or even twitter! they just made a post about the hotfix and everyone is just crying thinking people have multi millions not even knowing about the daily cap. 

Please don't ruin this game with group herd " OH NO THE SKY IS FALLING" mentality.  

You know that there is already a streamer who has 3M, right? And maybe he has been playing the same or even less time than you.

Archived