Jump to content
Forums

Stop crying all over social media when 75% of you don't even understand(candies)


Recommended Posts

They have more inventory than you at the moment (not worth crying all over the internet about)

They can buy some stuff and progress quicker (not worth trashing the game all over about)

I've literally played free to play and farmed over 100k just from level 1-10.

Did you know you can buy and resell on the auction for a profit? Another 100k for me.

Did you know people desperately wanting a armor piece/weapon in trade will pay more than usual when you tell them? That's another 50k for me.

What is the daily limit again?(i'm new) I've practically made the same amount just playing the game for the first time and having fun.

I implore you - look at what you have done. Look anywhere on social media - here , the forums, twitter. It's nothing but negativity for a great game. Most people don't even understand the sell cap, they are just hopping on the bandwagon.

YOU are the reason if people are leaving, this sheep herd "sky is falling mentality" You could literally have almost the same amount (for today at least) if you just hustled and ground it out.

Now stop, and post something nice - complaints are fine and all but don't drown the entire damn internet with your salt.

It doesn't change endgame pvp AT ALL - some people might get better gear/progress faster than you but that is it. You can reach the exact same things.

Now do this, make a post about a fun quest, post a screenshot of a pretty area, laugh about a trying to glide down the elevator in sanctum (you can't you die halfway)

DO SOMETHING POSITIVE

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No you cannot, unless they stop at some point.  When you can buy an unlimited amount of Kinah in the shop, it is mathematically impossible for you to ever remotely catch up.

If you don't think this is a problem you must be a retail player. Look how well that game is doing.  Candies are going to ruin any player driven economy classic would've had. If you don't unde

Big inflation works in both ways, yes you can make more money by selling to whales, but you will most likely never be able to buy anything off broker, at least not something valuable that you can't gr

13 minutes ago, BioForm said:

I've literally played free to play and farmed over 100k just from level 1-10.

100k is not 3 million. you can get 9 million Kinah for 33 $ in under 1 minute.

With that 9 million you can get a couple world firsts in the current competition by buying mats....of course you are competing with the other Kinah buyers, lol.

You can buy a hell of a lot of +'s on your gear with that money also, which is 100% P2W in PvP vs your paltry 100k. 

The you could also buy up all mats, max your crafting first, and make a ton of cash vs all of the plebs like you earning 100k over a period og 6 hours.

You also seem to not understand that your money is coming from quests, which are finite. Eventually you will run our of quests and only have a couple dailies to earn Kinah from. While you can always buy it in any quantity from the shop.

 

NCsoft will deal with this or the game will be dead before Crowfall, barring a few whales that have interest.

Edited by 5sE9EC4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 5sE9EC4 said:

100k is not 3 million. you can get 9 million Kinah for 33 $ in under 1 minute.

With that 9 million you can get a couple would firsts in the current competition by buying mats....of course you are competing with the other Kinah buyers, lol.

You can buy a hell of a lot of +'s on your gear with that money also, which is 100% P2W in PvP vs youre paltry 100k. 

The you could also buy up all mats, max your crafting first, and make a ton of cash vs all of the plebs like you earning 100k over a period og 6 hours.

 

NCsoft will deal with this or the game will be dead before Crowfall, barring a few whales that have interest.

I say again, SO? SO? yes it sucks - but it's feeling more like jealousy than actually something worth crying about at this point. you can get everything they have in time. Period.

 

BY YOUR STUPID BRAINDEAD EXAMPLE I NEED TO ONLY ENJOY THE GAME FOR 2-3 MONTHS AT THE SAME GRIND LEVEL TO REACH THAT AMOUNT. 

is an mmo worth playing that long? It should be  I swear you are all under 21 and grew up with participation trophies. 

(going by 100k today- and I made more as a complete noob)

 

 

Edited by BioForm
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest helleaven

There is 1m cap.i've sold just greens and  and made around 800k.Candies are not big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BioForm said:

you can get everything they have in time. Period.

No you cannot, unless they stop at some point. 

When you can buy an unlimited amount of Kinah in the shop, it is mathematically impossible for you to ever remotely catch up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guest helleaven said:

There is 1m cap.i've sold just greens and  and made around 800k.Candies are not big deal.

hey look someone who plays the game instead of just jumping on the bandwagon and publicly ruining an mmo on social media when there is nothing else good to play anyways.

2 minutes ago, 5sE9EC4 said:

No you cannot, unless they stop at some point. 

When you can buy an unlimited amount of Kinah in the shop, it is mathematically impossible for you to ever remotely catch up.

Hey special ed - so? 

what are they going to do with it? Who cares? grind your own character and kill them in pvp (not right away but in time) 

Wouldn't that feel good?   i swear it's just jealousy. (and to be clear - i didn't do it and i think it wasn't the greatest idea - but it's not worth ruining the game oveR)

Link to post
Share on other sites

wow these p2w defenders are beyond ignorant...

What happens when someone decides to throw down a few thousand $ at end game on several accounts to gain a bunch of kinah?

What happens when they use all that kinah to either farm/buy a full balic armor set or even load up on manastones and enchants for their pvp set?

you're telling me that's not p2w? so because they converted real money to kinah and spent that kinah on the broker, it is no longer p2w? Completely blind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BioForm said:

Hey

Sorry man, I dont argue with people who cant understand basic math.

Keep white knighting.

Might be 300 people here at the end of the month to listen to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Yyy
1 hour ago, Khonsu-DN said:

wow these p2w defenders are beyond ignorant...

What happens when someone decides to throw down a few thousand $ at end game on several accounts to gain a bunch of kinah?

What happens when they use all that kinah to either farm/buy a full balic armor set or even load up on manastones and enchants for their pvp set?

you're telling me that's not p2w? so because they converted real money to kinah and spent that kinah on the broker, it is no longer p2w? Completely blind.

Those ppl would buy kinah from botters anyway. Its like u wanna buy drugs? U buy them. If state started to selling drugs they could get some money at least, coz those ppl who rlly want it will buy it anyway. Same here with kinah. Buy kinah from candies or from botters?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest StonedSolid

Can't you make in game currency out of selling cash shop items to other players in, like, 90% of other MMOs? Even WoW you can buy subs and sell them to other players for gold.

Why are so people bent out of shape about Aion doing the exact same thing nearly every other MMORPG is doing?

Am I missing something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Blahblah123

This guy is posting this NCsoft defensive crap all over Aion forums and reddit. He literally admits in his posts that he's brand new to the game. His opinion is garbage, he has no idea the implications of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest StopBeingPoor

Just stop crying already ugh if you can't afford to play here just don't jesus.... poor people are so  annoying nowadays 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FACTSMAN
1 hour ago, Guest Blahblah123 said:

This guy is posting this NCsoft defensive crap all over Aion forums and reddit. He literally admits in his posts that he's brand new to the game. His opinion is garbage, he has no idea the implications of this.

Myth 1 - Whales already have 1b Kinah!!

Liquidating these candies is trickier than you think. You have a vendor kinah cap of 1m/day. Yes, you can use alts, but you need to level each one to 10 before they can trade. As we all know, hitting level 10 takes a decent time investment. Making 100 level 10's to liquidate tons of candies is a huge task most whales won't do.

Myth 2 - Economy destroyed on Day 1!!

While this is partially true, it's quite complicated. The #1 thing to understand is that there are already gold sellers who are selling 1m for cheaper than the candy selling method, and no level 10 alts needed. In Korea, no one bought candies after month 1 basically - it was cheaper to get gold from the Chinese anyway. People who want to buy kinah with real money will find a way. This applies to every modern MMO. Can anyone name a single popular MMO in 2021 that truly has zero p2w?

Not only this, but once you hit level 50, hitting the 1m vendor cap without candies isn't that difficult. Hyperinflation was going to happen with or without the candies, it just started faster because of them.

Myth 3 - Whales are gonna be OP now!!

The beautiful thing about Aion Classic is that the gear ceiling is very low. You could have 1 trillion kinah, AP, and gold medals, but your gear will still only be 50e. Getting max gear without paying (or paying little) is certainly reasonable. Not to mention, to really p2w max gear on Classic, we're taking tens of thousands of dollars of doing stupid crap like buying daeva pass on many alts - it's not realistic even for most "whales"

Rant over I guess - if you still think Classic is p2w, you should probably just not play MMO's in general. Not sure what beautiful MMO exists with zero p2w that you're leaving Classic for. Go ahead and quit, no need to make a post about it, we don't care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Zuva
1 hour ago, Guest FACTSMAN said:

Myth 1 - Whales already have 1b Kinah!!

Liquidating these candies is trickier than you think. You have a vendor kinah cap of 1m/day. Yes, you can use alts, but you need to level each one to 10 before they can trade. As we all know, hitting level 10 takes a decent time investment. Making 100 level 10's to liquidate tons of candies is a huge task most whales won't do.

Myth 2 - Economy destroyed on Day 1!!

While this is partially true, it's quite complicated. The #1 thing to understand is that there are already gold sellers who are selling 1m for cheaper than the candy selling method, and no level 10 alts needed. In Korea, no one bought candies after month 1 basically - it was cheaper to get gold from the Chinese anyway. People who want to buy kinah with real money will find a way. This applies to every modern MMO. Can anyone name a single popular MMO in 2021 that truly has zero p2w?

Not only this, but once you hit level 50, hitting the 1m vendor cap without candies isn't that difficult. Hyperinflation was going to happen with or without the candies, it just started faster because of them.

Myth 3 - Whales are gonna be OP now!!

The beautiful thing about Aion Classic is that the gear ceiling is very low. You could have 1 trillion kinah, AP, and gold medals, but your gear will still only be 50e. Getting max gear without paying (or paying little) is certainly reasonable. Not to mention, to really p2w max gear on Classic, we're taking tens of thousands of dollars of doing stupid crap like buying daeva pass on many alts - it's not realistic even for most "whales"

Rant over I guess - if you still think Classic is p2w, you should probably just not play MMO's in general. Not sure what beautiful MMO exists with zero p2w that you're leaving Classic for. Go ahead and quit, no need to make a post about it, we don't care.

Reassuring facts, I just wish everyone knew them. It looks like NcSoft has a bad rep and people are quick to jump on a hate train.

I'm still not sure if the candies were a good move, but getting that over with was probably just as hard as doing it later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't think this is a problem you must be a retail player. Look how well that game is doing. 


Candies are going to ruin any player driven economy classic would've had. If you don't understand this you have never played Aion seriously. 

Edited by Rastekkel
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest O.K.
7 hours ago, BioForm said:

hey look someone who plays the game instead of just jumping on the bandwagon and publicly ruining an mmo on social media when there is nothing else good to play anyways.

Hey special ed - so? 

what are they going to do with it? Who cares? grind your own character and kill them in pvp (not right away but in time) 

Wouldn't that feel good?   i swear it's just jealousy. (and to be clear - i didn't do it and i think it wasn't the greatest idea - but it's not worth ruining the game oveR

I have an hard time taking you seriously, especially with that post of yours.

First, you sound pissed players are calling out NCSoft on their bs about "launching a classic server" only to have in-house P2W grafted on it instead of gold sellers.
Players are right to be annoyed, not only is the candy situation affects the game's fresh economy, it really doesn't inspire confidence in NC's intention with classic going forward, on day 1.

Second, what kind of clown asks to get fleeced further in order to be playing on an equal playing field?  Jealousy has nothing to do with it, avoiding getting screwed over should be basic behavior, not welcoming it.

If afraid Aion Classic will fail or get hurt because of people calling out the bs on social media, that's on NCSoft for being dishonest, not the players.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BioForm said:

I've literally played free to play and farmed over 100k just from level 1-10.

 

You didn't played for free. You are in P2P free week. Call me after that period ends and tell me how you made 100k.

9 hours ago, BioForm said:

They can buy some stuff and progress quicker (not worth trashing the game all over about)

 

MUCH quicker you mean? I mean if I P2P 15$ a month, I expect anyone to progress as much time they have, not how big their wallet is.

9 hours ago, BioForm said:

Did you know you can buy and resell on the auction for a profit? Another 100k for me.

 

Don't fight the problem, be part of it hm? Lovely mentality right there .. 

9 hours ago, BioForm said:

Did you know people desperately wanting a armor piece/weapon in trade will pay more than usual when you tell them? That's another 50k for me.

 

Tell me when YOU will want to buy an item you need, how much you paid for it. What goes around, comes around .. 

9 hours ago, BioForm said:

I implore you - look at what you have done. Look anywhere on social media - here , the forums, twitter. It's nothing but negativity for a great game. Most people don't even understand the sell cap, they are just hopping on the bandwagon.

 

I'm happy I did that..as much as I could. NcSoft deserves it.

9 hours ago, BioForm said:

YOU are the reason if people are leaving, this sheep herd "sky is falling mentality" You could literally have almost the same amount (for today at least) if you just hustled and ground it out.

 

Nice! Again, I'm happy I'm making people leave. Maybe then NcSoft will realize and ..act as they should.

 

9 hours ago, BioForm said:

It doesn't change endgame pvp AT ALL - some people might get better gear/progress faster than you but that is it. You can reach the exact same things.

 

Aion Classic, is not only about End Game PvP. Wtf are you even talking about? I mean, are you new or something? Oh wait..I think you did said you are new. Nvm .. 

 

9 hours ago, BioForm said:

DO SOMETHING POSITIVE

I AM! I'm telling people how big of a P2W Aion is. We have F2P, P2P, Battle Pass ( Daeva Pass ) AND P2W Cash Shop. I've never in my life heard of a game having this many .. "options" ...at once!

Edited by IceAge
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest tldr

Ain't reading above but I'm just running of Nostalgia tbh. Gonna quit eventually.

Candy aside, game just too slow and boring for me. Even TBC feels better than this game lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Narmina
8 hours ago, BioForm said:

 

 

BY YOUR STUPID BRAINDEAD EXAMPLE I NEED TO ONLY ENJOY THE GAME FOR 2-3 MONTHS AT THE SAME GRIND LEVEL TO REACH THAT AMOUNT. 

 

 

 

you just miss one point.
Those guys also farms then, they will go to adma getting lannok weapons, they will have easier AP farm for 30e stuff, etc etc.
they will continue to create their own kinah (and i insist "CREATE" : a quest reward is kinah creation)
but...
There is 1m limit from NPC. so, you can sell 10 candies each day, and sell "loot" to AH.
in 3 month one guy, with one account (because F2P... lets do more) will creates, aside of his playtime, 9 billion kinah alone.

For now, most kinah's in classic economy are not from farming in game, not from "playing the game" but from those candies. the one who did 800k in AH, where does those kinah come from ? Yep, mostly candies

now to simply understand ... Imagine, tomorrow, magically, there is five time more dollars in circulation than today. What will happens ? all american happy, no more american starving to death ? Nope, all prices will fast follow and within some days, anything that cost you 10 bucks will become 50 bucks... All prices up, while your account didnt get up. You manage to see the matters ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Narmina
8 hours ago, BioForm said:

I implore you - look at what you have done. Look anywhere on social media - here , the forums, twitter. It's nothing but negativity for a great game. Most people don't even understand the sell cap, they are just hopping on the bandwagon.

YOU are the reason if people are leaving, this sheep herd "sky is falling mentality" You could literally have almost the same amount (for today at least) if you just hustled and ground it out.

 

Also, one other thing you don't understand : economy is a important part of any good MMORPG.

But, just imagine this :
june 23rd, servers open, there is the queue, there is Quna shop and daeva pass, BUT one difference, just, only one difference : candies are not sellable (or does not exists).
No more magical money. It remains thing people could say it is "P2W" yes (platinum coins in premium DP) but it remains far less than those millions people car create magically.

You can be sure with this simple difference there would be far less complains, rage, and more people just "playing the game"
You don't understand that people leaves because they clearly saw what this magical money does to the economy by themselves. If you see posts, only people defending it are "back in days i bought to kinah sellers" (was illegal) or "lol bought it on 10 account already made 10 millions" or even some like you "just, profit this system" with some "at least, it helps leveling". On the other side there are "us". and there is no neutral people. People leaving are the one angry, that don't even care complaining for most, no hope to see this change, or simply consider the economy is already nyerked up.

 

The 2 servers are already quite empty. You will have harder time to find people to do Dark poeta, Sieges fortress won't be the same that back in 2010 due to the lack of people. This is your matter right ? This is the reason you did this topic, you love aion like us, but don't want to be on an empty game like is Aion retail. And i understand it well. But please, don't mistake the real guilty people, not the one that had hope on a real classic, but it is ncsoft, with this simple but enormous mistake.

Just, no candies = no cries. Far far less people leaving, server far less empty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Narmina
6 hours ago, Guest FACTSMAN said:

Myth 2 - Economy destroyed on Day 1!!

While this is partially true, it's quite complicated. The #1 thing to understand is that there are already gold sellers who are selling 1m for cheaper than the candy selling method, and no level 10 alts needed. In Korea, no one bought candies after month 1 basically - it was cheaper to get gold from the Chinese anyway. People who want to buy kinah with real money will find a way. This applies to every modern MMO. Can anyone name a single popular MMO in 2021 that truly has zero p2w?

Not only this, but once you hit level 50, hitting the 1m vendor cap without candies isn't that difficult. Hyperinflation was going to happen with or without the candies, it just started faster because of them.

 

1) kinah sellers are illegal, if NCsoft does not does enough to fight against it (like ... ban buyers) it is another matter to complain about.

2) the more kinah are created, faster kinah sellers are able to sell millions.
Kinah sellers are not only fueled by looting kinah on mobs and quests. they also get loots like craft component, green stuff, they sell in broker.
The more money there is in the server, the more all those thing will cost on broker. Faster they will get millions in stock to sell it.

Candies buyer are now generating kinah, they will use in different ways including AH, their wealth will allow them to buy even at high prices in AH, and part of what they buy will go to players... (who will also spend part of it in AH) and part to kinah sellers... And in one month as you say, kinah sellers will sell them some millions for some few bucks...
(also, some account will be hacked; account with lot of thing to sell in broken against kinah...)

 

Running bot to farm cost nearly nothing for them, it is not hard to sell kinah to a lower prices than candies. Same thing on WoW with goldsellers. not hard for them to be lower than token.
There was always complains about kinah sellers : hacking account, nyerking up the economy (with some easy to farm stuff selling for nothing due to the really high offer from bots, and rare things really high costs due to the kinah buyers). If people complained about bot (who at least... farmed the game, didnt magically create money out of nowhere, but from quest/loot) it is not to stay silent while watching NCsoft allowing anyone with enough money to do false money...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Doombolt

Hey there guys, let me jump on this with a thought real quick.

The fact that the game has some p2w is fine and poorer people will eventually catch up (if the gap is reasonable enough to permit it).

What is NOT cool is when the poor catch up but the NCsoft drops a new patch with new content and new p2w items, which the rich will quickly purchase and the poor must catch up again.

In that case the gear balance between the poor and the rich will never be reached and the game could be defined as pay to win.

I was playing on EU and Gameforge made sure this corrupt system will never die. Whales filled Gameforge's pockets while pretending to be PVP gods due to the obscene gear difference and the poor and their passion for the game were endlessly tormented.

 

Now, if NCsoft will mitigate these issues in a way that eventually everyone will start to have fun, then we're good.

If you assume they will maintain this corrupt cycle or trust is too much of a risk, the best thing is to forget about Aion and look for other MMOs (which all are pretty much singing the same tune).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Doombolt

Hey there guys, let me jump on this with a thought real quick.

The fact that the game has some p2w is fine and poorer people will eventually catch up (if the gap is reasonable enough to permit it).

What is NOT cool is when the poor catch up but the NCsoft drops a new patch with new content and new p2w items, which the rich will quickly purchase and the poor must catch up again.

In that case the gear balance between the poor and the rich will never be reached and the game could be defined as pay to win.

I was playing on EU and Gameforge made sure this corrupt system will never die. Whales filled Gameforge's pockets while pretending to be PVP gods due to the obscene gear difference and the poor and their passion for the game were endlessly tormented.

 

Now, if NCsoft will mitigate these issues in a way that eventually everyone will start to have fun, then we're good.

If you assume they will maintain this corrupt cycle or trust is too much of a risk, the best thing is to forget about Aion and look for other MMOs (which all are pretty much singing the same tune).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...